wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

In lineage view, checking to see if one of the names I wanted was open and getting really worked up and frustrated when seeing the name has indeed been dropped and someone already got it again. Then deciding to click the view link to see if the person's scrollname was showing...and only then realizing that it was I who got the name a few days ago *headdesk*

...so, I was trying to get a gendered CB white hatchling for my collection and I saw someone who needed a gender swap in Trading. I did my usual spiel of "well, the gender of mine doesn't matter to me, so here you go". I saw their hatchling had only very little time left - roughly eight hours. Since I was planning to go to bed in five hours, I offered my hatchling anyway and made the conscious plan to cancel before going to bed, if they hadn't accepted by then.

...then, allergy headaches.

I'll spare you the rest of the build-up: I forgot. They traded. I now have an adult CB white on my scroll that I didn't want, which is so embarrassing given the current drought of them. >_<

*shoots self*

Edit: Oh my! wub.gif A very kind soul has offered me a replacement in PM. <3

Edited by pinkgothic

I keep on missing rares... Not stupid, just terribly bad luck...

Including the CB Gold I just missed in the alpine, which nearly gave me a heart attack upon seeing... And there were only 10 other people there!!! How did I miss it?!!?

Clicking on Leetle Trees even though I already have one and know I can't keep any more. xd.png

Edited by fainewebbe

Clicking on Leetle Trees even though I already have one and know I can't keep any more. xd.png

So much this, LOL. I loved seeing it and auto-clicking. lololol.

Forgot to count the hatchies on my scroll and therefor autoabandoned a very pretty 4th EG Tin that was supposed to be an IOU v.v

EBIL HATCHLOCK!

[well whoever got it now.. may they enjoy it at least! xd.png]

Bred my first red dragon with dragons other than my gold, including inbreeding. (slams head on desk) Wish I had never done that, then I would still be breeding for 2nd gen. golds. Plus the name pairings had been simply awesome, but nope.

This happened last night...

Ok, so i went and impulse-grabbed a Nebula egg after missing it twice, then just a few minutes later grabbed a Pillow egg after missing it... about five times, i think. Of course, that egg-locked me.

Then, after a while i started to stalk the abandoned pile again. After a few minutes, i stopped, and went back to bed for a while, before getting up again to check it again...

boom.

There was an Ice egg right on the bottom of the pile, and i couldn't grab it! rolleyes.gif And i didn't want to abandon any of my eggs, so i missed it like i usually do with trio eggs. Me and my impulse-grabbing... and liking for fluffy things... dry.gif

Another stupid thing i've done, can't remember when. Probably five+ months ago.

I grabbed 4 purple dorsal eggs, of course i didn't know about fansites, so they all died... then i quit for a while and forgot everything about that account and had to make a new one rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Wow, i'm either stupid or slow. Missed 6 rares. 10 if you consider nebulas as rare. Got 1 though, but my connection was being horribly slow. I was staring at some of them like "... What is that? Is that a white? What is that thing?!" then like "... i probably missed it, as i believe that's a rare". rolleyes.gif

Edited by YellowTsunami

Thinking "Oh I won't miss anything is I leave for a while." Then loosing my account that was made three weeks after the initial opening of the site.

Bit some decently lineaged eggs, assuming my luck would hold out. 8c

OMG LOL.

I bred an egg, it wasn't the species that I wanted, so I abandoned it. Days and days later, I realised that the hatchling of the same species, which someone traded to me, is actually my own egg that's grown up now. Somehow, I didn't even notice this until I just went to name it and looked at it's lineage and thought "hang on, those names sound familiar..."

How did this escape my notice?!

OMG LOL.

I bred an egg, it wasn't the species that I wanted, so I abandoned it. Days and days later, I realised that the hatchling of the same species, which someone traded to me, is actually my own egg that's grown up now. Somehow, I didn't even notice this until I just went to name it and looked at it's lineage and thought "hang on, those names sound familiar..."

How did this escape my notice?!

LOL. xd.png

Good job, haha! (the pesky little dragon clearly loved ya and wanted to stay with you laugh.gif)

I stared at a CB Gold for 10 minutes. Acctually, I went to the bathroom before looking at the three eggs shown and when I came back I was like: 0_0

Haha, nice StormWizard212. That dragon indeed loved you too much.

This happened yesterday:

I was in the process of posting a trade and I was thinking about what I wanted in return for the egg. I started to type that I wanted a Dino, but then stopped myself. I thought "No one will give me a Dino egg for this measly, mess lineaged Stripe egg!" But then I thought "Well, I guess someone might. Maybe if the Dino egg is messy and inbred." Yes, that's what I thought, MESSY and INBRED. Of course that's impossible since Dinos are unbreedables. But I wasn't thinking about that then.... xd.png

I described a dragon without double-checking the gender. After going on a semi-hiatus, the name sounded female to me so I described him as such, then came back a while after it had been approved only to realize my dragon was a male. *facepalm*

I didn't put this year's Valentine dragons (I forget what they're called) on a clicksite, and then went on a ski trip to the mountains. Yeah... No pretty caveborn Valentine dragons for me. sad.gif

Forgetting to put my eggs in hatcheries before I left for a college trip that lasted a week.

I kept thinking that since stripes and spitfires have the same description, stripes had to live in the desert. As a result, I ended up abandoning all those eggs that I didn't need. sad.gif I just found out that they lived in the forest and jungle from the wiki.

Edited by Darklight

Was lounging in my chair lazily cycling through biomes during a drop- missed a CB gold. And I abandoned a hatchling I meant to freeze by accident. I think I was trying to name it...

I wanted to abandon a waverunner egg, but I had to wait a while before i could. When the time came, however, I accidentaly abandoned my deep sea egg instead. I screamed in frustration at that. Then, when I finally abandoned the waverunner, I went to the coast to pick up an egg without looking at the description. Sure enough, it was another waverunner...

A: Constantly lurking on the desert... Red, Thunder, Nebula come up. I was neb hunting, I love trios, but I clicked on the red. This happened 3 times over the last few days with a variety of dragons.

B. Catching a spitfire, and deciding to bite my way out of it. It died. -.-