wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Finally bred the mate I've been trying to for one of my favorite blunas, and instead of the inbred pieces of junk I picked up from the AP, I accidentally dumped my brand new, shiny baby, because I got my speckled blue eggs mixed up. Of course, I won't get it back, even though I know which scroll it went to. Oh well. It's only 7 more days. xd.png

I miscalculated the time left on my hatchling and instead of trading it off, i'm now stuck with an adult dragon I didn't want. D:

Now I need to search for a CB Vine mate for it.

Forgot to add my eggies to sites before leaving on vacation. Whoops!

I've sent messages to a friend using his username. For the longest time, I forgot you could do this for other people and actively SEARCHED for them through the threads.

I facepalmed so hard when I realized how dumb I was being >.>.

I summoned before the new actions came out. Really stupid of me. tongue.gif

Abandoned a Gold Tinsel from one of my dragons because I thought I could get a better one at the cave drop (I didn't) sad.gif Happy ending though; I went to the AP a few minuted later, miraculously found it there, and even more miraculously picked it back up. biggrin.gif

Did a super duper stupid thing tonight, after only just coming online a few minutes ago. Quickly went to my scroll to abandon my mis-click before the hourly drop started...and abandoned the wrong egg dry.gif *facepalm*

Luckily, since it was a Minty, I was able to go to the AP and get it back, after waiting for a few tense moments hoping that someone wouldn't keep it. That'll teach me to pay attention next time, lol. Have to re-incubate and re-influence, but...

*Everything went better than expected*

Edited by CDM

Nearly killed a vamp hatchling because when I logged on, I had toi fog it. e.e; It's alive, though.

Got a CB vine, just kept not adding it to sites even though I was on every day (cuz I was too lazy) and it died. Woops.

Got a CB vine, just kept not adding it to sites even though I was on every day (cuz I was too lazy) and it died. Woops.

Heh, my eggs might die from overviewing every half year, but CB Vines seem to be common now.

I decided it would be a great idea to take a name I had in mind and forget it was used up. >_>

Attempted to make 4 neglected dragons missed the chance, because when i was meant to add it to the sites my computer decided to update itself... and i accepted it when i thought the click site was asking me to accept my dragons... they all died sad.gif

I Told my friend to please take care of my scroll cause I went on Vacation, My friend didnt take care of them....And my egg died. Then I was in the cave When I had just joined and did'nt know the descriptsions of eggs and was reading one in the Jungle then looked it up on Wikia and then turns out it was a CB Cheese and I totally took my time. dry.gif I was so annoyed I missed it. It's kinda funny now tho laugh.gif

Almost caught a CB Thunder but forgot I was egg-locked with misclicks >.>" A few weeks ago I just traded two awesome eggs for one.

Went on a hiatus for two frikin' years, and missed the best releases. I must be one of the most unlucky members who have been on the site for years, too.

I have one gold dragon that I got a few weeks ago, and two silvers that were obtained a week before. Then I go onto newbie's scroll's and they have like, 6 Golds. Makes me want to cry.

I also released a 2nd gen purebred Red striped egg, thinking I was fogging it. dry.gif

Not discovering the cave for 6 years.

I bred my CB white stripe and my CB black dragons for the first time ever, earlier tonight, knowing full well that I am egg locked. I even eagerly checked to see if the egg had found a good home (which I think it did. smile.gif ) then a full 5 minutes later I was like "Wait... Why'd I do that? I don't even have my own black stripe yet!" lol Ah well. I hope the person who caught it enjoys it. happy.gif

Just bred a nice egg even though I was egglocked. :L

Tried to grab cb nebs, thinking they were cb silvers. >->;;

Earthquaked again, even though every other time I've tried it's only killed eggs. Rest in peace, Vine. ;_;

Don't they say insanity is trying the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results? XD Not sure if derp or crazy...

I also released a 2nd gen purebred Red striped egg, thinking I was fogging it. <_<

While I'm glad I'm not the only one who's done this I'm sorry about your Striped. D: I changed my confirmation type to action instead of password because I did this with two intended gifts in one day. Well, they still ended up being gifts... just to the wrong targets. XD

Edited by Chanilove

Put a Black metal-fail on a thread in hopes it finds a good home, but saw that it was being traded away instead by the person who claimed it. >.>

I know it's a FFA that way, but it was intended to be a gift rather than to be traded away dry.gif

I guess should've included 'no trading/killing/freezing' alongside the claim link.

A lesson learnt, I suppose..

I grabbed ember eggs thinking they were magma eggs

I guess should've included 'no trading/killing/freezing' alongside the claim link.

Even that doesn't help, if the person taking it is just a disrespectful/discourteous jerk.

It's happened to so many people. It's why now I rarely gift eggs directly in a thread. I ask people to PM for them. That way I know who took it....and I have been known to check up on my gifted eggs. If I find them dead or gone from the scroll they were gifted to, that person goes on a blacklist and I will never gift them/trade with them ever again.

At least it feels a little bit like I'm doing something to ensure good homes for my eggs that way, anyways. I hate feeling like I've been duped, and nothing chaps my hide more in DC than to see an egg I worked hard to create and generously gift end up in a trade thread or the AP. Or dead. sad.gif

Edited by danegrrrl

Honestly, I knew who took it, both the forum and scroll name, cuz I always track back the eggs I gift/abandoned, and like you said, I'm contented to know it found a good home and named.. and so far its been like that, till today, that is sad.gif

This is really sad though, but I'm letting this go for the moment. And maybe I should adopt your way of gifting, which in my opinion is indeed a better way to do it smile.gif

I never knew that "This egg has brightly colored markings" in the jungle means it's a stripe. This whole time I've been thinking that's a spitfire. sad.gif I've ignored so many cb stripes...