wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Accidentally clicked back after killing a Pit, and it actually killed it :( I wish they’d dodge after automatically or something, it didnt revive. So frustrating! I was so excited for that one too.

I Incubated a Cantor from a SAlt lineage.  Into Zombie Fodder, it goes.💀

7 hours ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

Accidentally clicked back after killing a Pit, and it actually killed it :( I wish they’d dodge after automatically or something, it didnt revive. So frustrating! I was so excited for that one too.

Pitfires are suppose to resurrect as Exalted unless they've already been killed before.

I accepted a trade offer of an ungendered hatchie when I was specifically asking for a female. Of course it will be male. Uh, apparently one should not always trust every player...

Just killed a shumoga hatchling trying to get a dark version -_- didn't occur to me to refresh the page to see if it hatched already or not. Eggs don't make me feel guilty, but a CB hatchling outside of Halloween season its such a waste 🥲 revive didn't work 💔

Embarrassed Shame GIF

On 11/15/2022 at 7:28 PM, Amberfly said:

I was breeding mates for my new Halloweens and I needed a 2g pitfire x ember, so I bred one and then went to add its lineage link to my spreadsheet. Turns out, that ember wasn't CB even though I had labeled it CB. I have had this dragon since 2012 and it's had the wrong name for that entire time. And now all my pitfires are on cooldown so I can't try again till next week.

omg... at least it wasn't during halloween XP

I misbred one of my 2g pits to a CB... it wasn't an egg I needed thankfully, but still, what a waste

brooooo same thing happened to me a while back! I saw a trade I wanted and the person's got a group of holiday needing metal mates, so I went to breed my metals, and guess what, the only one that produced had the wrong mom - it was labeled G1 for me the entire time when it should've been a G2. I have no words lol

It's the last kid in his progeny: https://dragcave.net/progeny/Q45co

11 hours ago, Elery. said:

Just killed a shumoga hatchling trying to get a dark version -_- didn't occur to me to refresh the page to see if it hatched already or not. Eggs don't make me feel guilty, but a CB hatchling outside of Halloween season its such a waste 🥲 revive didn't work 💔

Earthquake doesn't kill hatchlings. 

Only eggs.

Maybe you quaked right at the time it hatched and there was a glitch?

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Earthquake doesn't kill hatchlings. 

Only eggs.

Maybe you quaked right at the time it hatched and there was a glitch?

I use the kill action for the shumogas because I usually have other eggs in the scroll.

14 minutes ago, Elery. said:

I use the kill action for the shumogas because I usually have other eggs in the scroll.

Oh. I do remember something about using Kill when they were first released, but it has a much lower chance of success than Earthquake.

8 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Oh. I do remember something about using Kill when they were first released, but it has a much lower chance of success than Earthquake.

At least for me, the times Ive used earthquake nothing happens and I have to go and use kill. Trying to figure out the best time to do it right now, I have gotten 3 from 5 eggs.

Sat hunting the cave yesterday, was sure I was locked and happily waved the first silver go by that I saw in ages. Because why bother clicking when you can't have it anyways?

I was not locked.

7 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

It varies. I usually have extreme luck with Kill and have had my successful forces far outweigh the casualties. Its results are best if you use it when the egg’s timer hits around the 4d 15h mark and the egg is on at least an S4 crack in my experience.

Earthquake, I’ve yet to try since I don’t force that often and usually have at least one thing on my scroll I’d like to keep alive (and occasionally, inside its egg), but from slight research the success rate of EQ actually seems marginally lower than forcing multiple eggs with Kill.

Was veeeery clever and thought of breeding a mate for that Silver Lunar Herald from Mistletoe that I got. And it's so very convenient that it was the right time for that variant. Double fertility. Got an egg. Happy times indeed.
Only... I still need a mate. A Holiday mate for that non-holiday dragon. *sigh*

Could be worse, but I clearly wasn't lucky with the thinking. :P If anyone is in need of that pairing lmk, parents are named. Otherwise I'll keep it. ^^

9 hours ago, miaou said:

kept putting off getting mates for my holiday dragons and only just now realized there are less than 2 weeks until the holiday breeding period starts... something tells me i'm not gonna make it 😔😔😔😔😔

I always do that with Halloween, I usually learn until Christmas and Valentines (and then forget again). ^^°

Managed to be mostly done with my breeding plans though, if you want some help let me know which pairings you need most. I can also hatch a few of the eggs on my scroll so that space won't be an issue.

I just stupidly killed the wrong Pitfire.  I killed one that was already properly exalted.  I just dumbly clicked on the totally wrong dragon, murdered it for no reason and screwed up my lineage. UGH. 

I stupidly didn't double check to make sure that the mate I was breeding to my angry Aegis was a cave born, and then I trade it. I did finally check after and realized my mistake, so I canceled the trade after that. 😅

so uh... sorry to the person who I trade with for the notifications spam. :lol:

forgot that i could actually breed a mate for a 3rd gen SAltkin offered on one of my trades so i clicked decline and then remembered i could have really used that like .5 seconds later

;_;

boooo.png.8c47103dc7fcc5e9e0efc0318605e24d.png
Istn't that just brilliant. She was in my CB group. I usually double or triple check all my holiday breedings. I really wanted that lineage... *sobs in a corner*

Trying to build a mate for a 3g garland checker I have. I bred the 2g common I needed a while back, then two days ago I bred the 2g garland I needed. I go to my spreadsheet to add the new one and it's a sibling of the 2g common I already had. My other garland's already been bred for the season so I'm stuck until I can re-breed the common.

I bred my 2nd gen Yulebuck x Shadow Walker checker to the first dragon that shows up, which was a 3rd gen Alt Black...

I hate it when the Holiday x Holiday mate doesn´t show up, even though the pair has been bred together 7 times...

I just spent six incubates to open up some slots so I could grab some CB eggs. 😏

Edited by Lost_Unicorn