wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

12 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I just spent six incubates to open up some slots so I could grab some CB eggs. 😏

Oh, I completely forgot that AP exists.

Now that Christmas breeding is over I have discovered that I needed a 2g pryanost for a Valentine's lineage. Really wish I'd noticed that two weeks ago.

I have a seasonal dragon breeding project and COMPLETELY FORGOT AUTUMN. I wasn't in a hurry to breed the dragons in September, I was busy in October, got distracted in November, etc.  It didn't occur to me that I need autumn breeding. 

(On the happy side, I have two winter eggies! https://dragcave.net/lineage/fjrQZ )

On 12/21/2022 at 2:54 PM, Reykur said:

boooo.png.8c47103dc7fcc5e9e0efc0318605e24d.png
Istn't that just brilliant. She was in my CB group. I usually double or triple check all my holiday breedings. I really wanted that lineage... *sobs in a corner*

Well, at least the male's name is very appropriate for this situation.  :)

I was collecting Light element dragons instead of Life element dragons for the raffle. Also just in case anyone wasn't aware, summoning dragons doesn't count towards the objective. I was lucky summoning Scourgekeepers and being Life elemental dragons they would have counted if they did

Edited by Chaos Rider

On 1/7/2023 at 3:06 AM, sorenna said:

Well, at least the male's name is very appropriate for this situation.  :)

xD never occured to me to read the name that way, but now I can't unsee it

I am last minute breeding valentine mates once again. Aaaand I needed a blue gemshard x arsani. Aaaaaand I bred it today, because it is wednesday, right? Right. Lucky for me the offspring will be red because today is very much NOT wednesday, so it won't fit the lineage and rebreeding is not an option, because NEXT wednesday will be valentine breeding time already. How very convenient. I hate it.
A friend already offered to help me out, so fingers crossed there will be offspring. At least I realized now and did not get the unpleasant surprise upon hatching.

Also apparently I never entered last months raffle. Not that I'd won if, but still.

when i joined dc in 2019, i only grew 8 dragons. 4 of those dragons were snatched during the halloween event, on october 25. one was a grave dragon from the AP and the other 3 were random cbs. clearly i was aware that there was a halloween event since i apparently played the minigame and got the 2019 halloween badge as well as some trick or treats, but i just. didn't try for any dragons? i remember trying the minigame and being confused but i don't even remember there being a halloween biome.

to add insult to injury, the day i came back to dc to start actually playing was november 1st last year. november 1st. that stupid ap grave dragon from 2019 is still my only halloween dragon because i, for whatever reason, assumed that the halloween event was minigames only and that there were no halloween dragons (despite owning one that is VERY CLEARLY A HALLOWEEN DRAGON). i didn't look at ap or anything, just grabbed some more random cbs. and when i DID realize that halloween dragons exist, i was like "ohhh! so i must have halloween dragons since i got my dragons around halloween! the halloween ones must be.. my water walker and my grave dragon." it then took me another week to realize that the water walker was, in fact, NOT a halloween dragon. it takes SKILL to be this unaware. i'm not sure how i managed it.

Edited by Dizzywing

1 minute ago, Dizzywing said:

when i joined dc in 2019, i only grew 8 dragons. 4 of those dragons were snatched during the halloween event, on october 25. one was a grave dragon from the AP and the other 3 were random cbs. clearly i was aware that there was a halloween event since i apparently played the minigame and got the 2019 halloween badge as well as some trick or treats, but i just. didn't try for any dragons? i remember trying the minigame and being confused but i don't even remember there being a halloween biome.

to add insult to injury, the day i came back to dc to start actually playing was november 1st last year. november 1st. that stupid ap grave dragon from 2019 is still my only halloween dragon because i, for whatever reason, assumed that the halloween event was minigames only and that there were no halloween dragons (despite owning one that is VERY CLEARLY A HALLOWEEN DRAGON). i didn't look at ap or anything, just grabbed some more random cbs. and when i DID realize that halloween dragons exist, i was like "ohhh! so i must have halloween dragons since i got my dragons around halloween! the halloween ones must be.. my water walker and my grave dragon." it then took me another week to realize that the water walker was, in fact, NOT a halloween dragon. it takes SKILL to be this unaware. i'm not sure how i managed it.

This got a chuckle out of me xD thanks for sharing. (Just so you know, there's a valentines event this year /end joke)

17 hours ago, Dizzywing said:

I did something similar as a new player.   Apparently I just... decided I didn't need more than like 3 Halloweens when they were dropping?  For some reason?  And also didn't bother to pick up any Valentine dragons for a few years, on top of that. 

Thankfully when the Holiday biome started being a thing, I was able to catch up!  But I still can't believe how dumb I was to just deliberately ignore that new dragons were dropping and keep on catching things I could have picked up any day of the year.

when I was trying to get a purple egg, but I picked up that fourth egg anyway like an impatient noob and couldn't accept the gift, yeah that was the only stupid thing I think I've done

or accidentally click on someone's eggs and then see their notes about how they didn't want clicks, but that was accidental (I'd never share someone else's egg links though, unless they asked people to do that, really not trying to kill eggs, that would be horrible.)

image.png.0d9f82b6417e56949d7f44c271a0c2fe.png

Well that's not the hide action I wanted to do on my CB Thunder T_T

I posted a trade on the trading thread here.

And forgot to link to the trade. /).<

(It was public on the Cave though!)

I'm naming dragons and of course instead of clicking the "name dragon action" I redecorated a Glystere. I need that action password protected because I clearly can't be trusted to know what I'm doing. Not a big deal, just annoying. 🥲

I spent the last 3 days trading to get a male chrono that will adult before valentines breeding ends… and then accidentally bred the val mate. Relatedly, if you have a cb Arsani that hasn’t bred yet, please pm me!

I've grabbed so many pyroars because I mistake the egg description for magmas AND xenos ^^;

Also still mad at old me for grabbing holiday eggs exclusively from the AP. I didn't even get any cool lineages.

Accepted an egg in trade, only to realize five seconds AFTER accepting that it's related to one of mine.  :( 

(Anyone wanna swap a 4G Gold x RA for another, or a 3G?)

5 hours ago, sorenna said:

Accepted an egg in trade, only to realize five seconds AFTER accepting that it's related to one of mine.  :( 

(Anyone wanna swap a 4G Gold x RA for another, or a 3G?)

If it's a gold egg you are searching and unrelated to these (OmaoU 91XL9) I can help you out with either 3-5G. Just not instantly, currently not home, but whenever they cooperate (and after this weekend). ^^

12 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

They’re both cb >.<

Congrats to whoever catches it!

purplehaze is really good at figuring out when the egg will appear in the AP.

5 hours ago, Reykur said:

If it's a gold egg you are searching and unrelated to these (OmaoU 91XL9) I can help you out with either 3-5G. Just not instantly, currently not home, but whenever they cooperate (and after this weekend). ^^

Oh, that would be fantastic!  I checked and none of my dragons are related to your 91XL9, so whenever you get a chance I would love a sibling.  I've got this guy waiting for her. 

(If there's anything you need that I can breed, say the word!  I can do 3-4G of the same lineage, or I have many others.)

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

purplehaze is really good at figuring out when the egg will appear in the AP.

Good to know, but as long as it doesn’t end up in trade I’m okay with it. Just annoyed at myself because it’s only his second egg and I traded the first one, kinda wanted to keep one, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The shimmer in my signature links to him, if you want to try catching it 😉

I remember not knowing that eggs need to be below 4 days to hatch so I put them in every click site I could get my hands on and checked them every hour of the day since I thought they required views to hatch. So imagine my surprise pikachu face when they all ended up getting sick. Moral of the story? Have basic reading comprehension skills. Another thing that I did was accidently breeding two related dragons. The stupid part was that I looked at their lineages beforehand and went "hmm that's strange, those are the exact same names!" Then proceeded to breed them anyways 😭. I did not find out they were inbred til years later. It takes true skills to be this oblivious honestly. 

This dragon.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/Zshhi

I waited until it was less than two days to hatch, but I must have incubated it out of habit because it hatched blue. Well, that's okay, I'll just put it into the descending colour Siyat lineage instead. Annoying when I was trying for purple, but salvageable.

Nope. Gendered female. I'm certain I must have run it through the standard precog-influence-incubate gauntlet when I got it, because I must have incubated it to hatch blue at <2 days, but here the heck we are, so apparently I just... didn't? Normally I'd trawl through my action log but yeah no I've done so much since getting it I'm not doing that XD