wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I've been breeding two pairs to get a certain egg for one year and a half, almost weekly - and today the first pair I tried finally produced the right breed! Now if I only hadn't been egg-locked...

(The second pair just gave me an egg of the other breed, as usual.)

I realized today that I had a Stat from 2 non-Stat Xenos that grew up in December, and since I forgot that it existed, I haven't bred it until today.

It gave me a Stat, which I traded away for the first offer (an egg and a hatchling) that I got.

So that was a couple of months that I missed out on trying to breed that. 

So how many Stats did I miss out on creating?

Yesterday I was egglocked and bred another 4G purebred tercorn that I needed for my lineage.

It auto-abandoned.

I was planning on doing this periodically with pieces of the lineage to spread it around the site a bit more, but not this early on! Oh well. I hope whoever gets my tercorn treats it well...

Also for any reason, if you do catch my tercorn and raise it, I will be willing to gift you an unrelated 4G for breeding purposes 😄 I have a few unrelated 4G lines already, and more being formed all the time.

Edited by Skadi

Realized I needed to incubate my new hybrid so it would be red before it hatched. Then I realized I forgot to influence it, darn I incubated it to less than three days, now not enough time left to influence. Derp.

Traded something nice for a 'CB Egg' that... was not CB. Again. I know I should be double-checking but I am getting a bit tired of this mistake orz

Went to go hide a sick blue fire gem hatchling I needed for one of my lineages...

And accidentally abandoned it because I wasn't thinking straight.

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

And accidentally abandoned it because I wasn't thinking straight.

did you rename the parents? maybe whoever picks it up might send it back your way.

39 minutes ago, trystan said:

did you rename the parents? maybe whoever picks it up might send it back your way.

Sadly it was a CB, so can't do that.  ;_;

Ah well, hope whoever got it enjoys it~

7 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Sadly it was a CB, so can't do that.  ;_;

oh dang.  i'm sorry.

welp, I finally did it, bred a hybrid before my egg hatched and it went to the AP *facepalms* and the killer part is it was gonna hatch in like two minutes anyway.

it's an Ultraviolet, which is pretty cool. oh well, don't mind too much if someone else gets it. I'd be more mad at myself if it was a Sophrosyne or Hellhorse or the new Ushgorn.

On a more positive note, my Thuwed Spitfire hybrid fail child actually went to someone who named him LOL, and I just got my first self-bred Nobleshield.

Edited by bord

7 hours ago, trystan said:

oh dang.  i'm sorry.

At least it was just an uncommon and not something nearly irreplaceable like a CB metal or something!

7 hours ago, KageSora said:

At least it was just an uncommon and not something nearly irreplaceable like a CB metal or something!

true true.

i clicked in the morning the wrong egg in the cave, think about to turn it into a vamp (and hope it will push from my scroll into the ap) and it is now an scrambled egg and lock one egg spot 🥲

I forget and went to bed less than a hour before time to try to create Undead Dragons

So I always wondered how people managed to auto abandon rare bred dragons. I was like, just check the egg slots before breeding? Guess who just did that with an aeon? None other than yours truly of course : ) 

Received in trade an adorable 2G Upside Down Mint x Bronze Tinsel prizekin. :wub: Influenced it like I do everything. Realized today when adding it to groups that it gendered female. (wrong) Checked my action log and yes, I mistakenly influenced it female. 🙃 I realize now that when I was looking at the Tinsel in the lineage that I just assumed it was a male Tinsel when in fact it was a female. Thinking now I should change its name: I named it something that includes the word "Lucky" ... maybe I need to change that to "Unlucky" ... 🥴:unsure:

Completely forgot that ward BSA only works for 6 hours and now for the first time ever I've got two dead eggs 🤦‍♀️ At least thankfully they weren't anything that important, but still...

Smashing my CB Cantormaris egg on the ground....just to have it hatch pink.

I kinda forgot that you specifically need to use BSAs for Cantormaris to have them change colour.

Managed to catch a CB Sapphire a few days ago and wanted to ask that person who offers changing Sapphires to pink to do that, so fogged that egg so it won't hatch. Yesterday there was so much talk about viewbombers and I had a few random hatchlings get sick, so when I was going to bed I fogged almost everything on my scroll. And then when I logged back in today of course I unfogged them all back, and then added all things that aren't too young to hatcheries... and now I've got another damn blue Sapphire for good 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Gwathgor

Got a couple eggs from the Market so I'd have something on my scroll with my birthday as the caught date & immediately started questioning my judgement in doing so.

I traded some hatchlings for a Sapphire egg thinking that would turn pink, remembered that was the cantomaris, abandoned thinking i would catch it right away... nop of course not xD

I am refreshing the AP but i havent had any luck lol. Code cL7S5 if someone sees it ;w; know that your new Sapphire has had plenty adventures 

I just autoed an important egg. I KNEW I had 8 eggs but as two are in ERs I sort of forgot they were still eggs.... At least it wasn't a rare....

Staring at that 2G Spriters Alt I was so incredibly happy to get, because I really like the lineage and colour combination, with the regular sprite also. Slowly having sink in that I accidently influenced it wrong.
It is of course from a breed that is one gender only. Just to be sure I can't even make an alternating checker with it ever.

Edited by Reykur

I keep mistaking the descriptions of Lumina and Royal Blue eggs for Sonatas

a couple days ago I released an adult dragon because I thought I had bred it incorrectly. it’s easy enough to breed another, but I’m still kicking myself over it