wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

23 hours ago, Irabane said:

I was quite sick over the weekend and on Monday woke up with a headache which somehow led to me accidentally abandoning a 2G Bronze Shimmer I'd traded for (instead of hiding it)... I honestly have no clue how I managed to do something so stupid. :(

Even after employing my brother's help he wasn't able to get it back for me from the AP. I'd just like to say that if anyone else was able to grab it (a 2G Bronze Shimmer from a female Sapphire) I'd so greatly appreciate it being returned, and would even handsomely reward someone for doing so.

Oh no! I really hope someone does come forward soon. I'll try to keep an eye out for it myself :(

My current bad luck: I offered on an interesting trade, but the egg hatched before the other person decided. 

Not really stupid, but I just realized that one of my zombie fodder hatchlings has the code 'v0ter' - I could've swapped it or whatever, with someone who likes codes, but now the hatchling is so low time it will simply grow up if I unhide it XD 

3 hours ago, Tears in Rain said:

Not really stupid, but I just realized that one of my zombie fodder hatchlings has the code 'v0ter' - I could've swapped it or whatever, with someone who likes codes, but now the hatchling is so low time it will simply grow up if I unhide it XD 

I've done that before, too. Not with Zombie fodder, but I've had dragons grow up on my scroll that have interesting codes and not noticed until afterwards. I try to check as much as possible so I can gift/trade to someone who collects codes, but I often forget and do exactly what you've done! 

Gifted a bunch of 4G Prizes to someone I don't know well...and just found two of them on the Trading Hub. I shouldn't have assumed they would hold onto them I guess :(

Edited by The Dragoness

14 hours ago, Tears in Rain said:

If you kill it it could be a political statement. :V

I really messed up by completely resetting my scroll's sort... I spent so long just getting it back to normal (not that I ever completely finished). It's true that I wanted to re-sort it but I shouldn't have saved it as I was experimenting. Still have some holidays that are out of place right now. Didn't even implement any new ideas because I was trying to unmess it up first.

I bred a drake and made an accident - the other drake I bred him with was actually his mother so I just killed the egg they produced...

1 hour ago, Cottoncat said:

I bred a drake and made an accident - the other drake I bred him with was actually his mother so I just killed the egg they produced...

Oh dear. :lol: I did this recently, too. I was so confused when I looked at the lineage view and thought, "hmm, something is wrong here." It took me a couple of minutes to work out it was because I'd bred a dragon to its parent. It's very awkward when that happens! 

I just did the DUMBEST thing ever, I feel so stupid...I bred my CB Shimmerscale for someone and got a Shimmerscale egg. Success...?

massivemistake.png

HAHA NOPE

I'm going to make some random person VERY happy. It'd be nice to get it back, but I doubt it will happen (and I wouldn't blame them if they kept it).

Edit: Entire top of my scroll and the parents are involved in my pathetic attempts at getting this egg back. xD

Edited by Distorted_Flare

Pfft I clicked a CB script by mistake. Being super impatient I bit it... and it died. Ugh.

I don't care for Kingcrownes but the egg description says things like 'shiny' and 'magical aura' so I think they're a rare dragon and grab them only to find out it's just another Kingcrowne. Speaking of which there's a free CB Kingcrowne in a few hours for anyone who wants one

I need more Leodons, but I keep picking up more coded Razorcrests instead.  I even abandoned one to make a space, but nope, picked up a 'Kuewu' from Alpine.

Offered up a CB aeon on a trade that had included those among the wants in return. After waiting 4 days for an accept/decline, I cancelled it. 4 days is an insane amount of time to be strung along waiting for someone to make up their mind about a trade. (Not to mention that the trade I'd offered on is now unable to be influenced if traded now.)

7 minutes ago, Siliskor said:

Offered up a CB aeon on a trade that had included those among the wants in return. After waiting 4 days for an accept/decline, I cancelled it. 4 days is an insane amount of time to be strung along waiting for someone to make up their mind about a trade. (Not to mention that the trade I'd offered on is now unable to be influenced if traded now.)

Was that a 2nd gen Prize, perchance? Because I cancelled my offer (CB Aeon :lol:) after 2 days - I'm just too impatient.

Adding myself to the recent list of people who were disappointed a name was taken... only to realize they already owned the name on another dragon.

5 hours ago, Gryphonic said:

Adding myself to the recent list of people who were disappointed a name was taken... only to realize they already owned the name on another dragon.

A similar thing has happened to me too once! I changed the name of a dragon and gave its former name to another dragon just in case I wanted it back. Some time later I did want the old name back but forgot I had given it to the other dragon - I was disappointed that "someone else" had taken the name but then the realization hit me. :D

Another stupid thing is that I occasionally forget that I've named a dragon. I'd just come across an odd name on my scroll and wonder when did I ever give such a name.

I forgot to get up early enough to make my first round of zombie attempts while it was still the 31st.  Now I have a clutter of unwanted dragons on my scroll for another month.

Edit: I also keep picking up new releases when this is my rare-hunting night.  I can get those all week.

Edited by Gryphonic

A few hours ago I reflex-clicked a Magma while hunting for a gift in the biomes.... And then literally two minutes later saw and reflex-clicked *another* Magma! (And yet the actual common I was looking for was nowhere to be found!)

I waited to add an egg to hatcheries until she was almost ER, so she barely gained enough views to hatch. Then I made another mistake: hiding her again once she hatched. She's supposed to grow up in an hour, but still hasn't gendered due to a lack of views/clicks. At least she wasn't viewbombed though, right?

Edited by The Dragoness

I confusd two of my eggs and managed to influence one wrong before realizing. :P 

Okay, I need to stop hunting the biomes for the night. Within the past hour I've misclicked a pygmy and a Leodon (and unfortunately got them both, no luck with someone grabbing them first!). Not even descriptions that normally trip me up, just being careless and not looking properly. 

I kept mistaking a chicken egg as a Common for a good while, and missed a CB Silver for their short descriptions.

Misclicked a Zyu with my last open egg slot. Uggghhh. Seriously?! (If anyone wants to profit from my stupidity, I'll have a Common Pygmy, a Leodon, and a red Zyu to get rid of in the morning.)

I should probably free up my egg slots for alt breeding sometime soon... but I can't help myself from filling up the slots as soon as they open up  😅

I was refreshing the Coast and my dog startled me and I accidentally clicked. My curser happened to be hovering over an egg slot, so I ended up with a Cassare I really didn't need. And now I'm egg locked. :rolleyes: Thanks, pup.

Edited by StormWizard212