wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

every day I seem to find yet another way to screw up  :blush:

it is vexing as I do try to be careful ..:rolleyes:

caught a wee magelight .. had to get as 1 day 1 hour left ... and he was safe

planned to surprise someone with him ... 

then send a reminder notice > TO SOMEONE WITH A SIMILAR NAME !!!   aaargh !!

so he has ended up ????  with a no name member  .. neither the intended nor the one with a similar name

and ..again I got the surprise ... sigh

sorry for all the confusion ,  cat people  

I missed a Gold in the departures thread because I was egglocked and took too long deciding if I should abandon something. Also, apparently my Hellhorse count in my spreadsheet was off.... By *ten*! How the heck did I do that?

By ten?! :lol: That's so funny. I've definitely done that, though. I've got a spreadsheet for my CBs and I did find that I'd been adding the wrong gender to one of them and my data was off, but not by a margin of ten! Oopsie! :P 

Gah, warded the wrong egg :dry: which means I won't be able to ward it again when it's time to hatch it. And it's a Zyu. So now I'm going to have to wait until it's younger than it needs to be before I hatch it so it won't get sick.

Edited by Wiz

On 3/6/2018 at 10:21 PM, orphaned said:

^_^

not sure where to post this but ...  :rolleyes:

If Easter is also April Fool's Day ...  does THAT mean The Festival of Eggs will be scrambl3d ?????   :P

I have wondered about this point also...

ever since I realized Easter was on April Fool's Day  

all I can think of is   ...   upside down Mint and scrambl3d eggs  :D

I was finding so many beautiful things in the AP, so I abandoned an egg to be able to keep hunting. Now there is nothing interesting out there, and I want that egg back :P

So I bred a very important egg and it auto abandoned because I forgot to unlock my scroll beforehand.... *sigh*

Note to self, if you're going to go through the hassle of checking your scroll in preparation, using fertility and other BSAs to ensure success, and timing the button to breed the EXACT MOMENT breeding cooldown is over, make sure you clear your scroll HOURS beforehand because you WILL forget right before! -_- And to think I knew and still reassured myself that I can unlock 20 minutes in advance. Biggest mistake and I won't do that again :/

Edited by Mizashi

1 hour ago, Mizashi said:

So I bred a very important egg and it auto abandoned because I forgot to unlock my scroll beforehand.... *sigh*

Note to self, if you're going to go through the hassle of checking your scroll in preparation, using fertility and other BSAs to ensure success, and timing the button to breed the EXACT MOMENT breeding cooldown is over, make sure you clear your scroll HOURS beforehand because you WILL forget right before! -_- And to think I knew and still reassured myself that I can unlock 20 minutes in advance. Biggest mistake and I won't do that again :/

Oh no! I'm sorry! :( Could you try changing the parents' names temporarily to say that you're interested in trading back for the egg? The person who grabs it might be kind enough to get in contact. Sorry that happened! I'm definitely guilty of doing similar things myself, though.

1 hour ago, StormWizard212 said:

Oh no! I'm sorry! :( Could you try changing the parents' names temporarily to say that you're interested in trading back for the egg? The person who grabs it might be kind enough to get in contact. Sorry that happened! I'm definitely guilty of doing similar things myself, though.

I'll probably do that, but it's a rare egg so I'm a bit pessimistic that it'll be returned. I did return an egg during this Valentine's event for free in that same way though, so here's to hoping karma will get back to me. :rolleyes: Otherwise I'll have to try again, although the mate was a Celestial so that specific mate is locked for another 30 days (man, today's not a lucky day).

But thank you for the kind words! It's not the end of the world, so I shouldn't be so bummed about it. If the person decides to keep it, then they of course deserve to.

Edited by Mizashi

Didn't Influence an egg before it hatched, it wasn't ER timed yet and I thought I'd get back home before it was able to hatch... Nope. Not a huge deal since I need more of both genders but meh.

edit: Well oh my freaking crap. I just saw my VERY FIRST CB GOLD in the biomes!! Of course I didn't get it... I switched to a different biome before registering what the description was, and even then I was like 'wait.... did that really... hmmm' and went to the wiki to double-check the Gold's description just to make sure, and yup it was a Gold. This counts as a stupid thing because after almost 10 years on this game I should *not* have hesitated with that description!! But honestly I'm just totally in shock that I actually finally saw one.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Apparently I have an excess of almost 40 male Stones, compared to my females.

So now I need to collect 32 females of some popping colourful breed for a giant checker :lol: Just need to decide which breed ...

I keep picking up breeds I don't need because I'm weak and can't resist a good messy, lol. I have 2 more green Fire Gems then I need, and now have 4 more Blacks then I need... It's annoying because I should use those slots for breeds I actually need more of for scroll-goals... But messy!! *grabby-hands*

1 hour ago, Herk said:

Find the mistake

I mean I owned HIM since 2015 and JUST realised he isn't PB *headdesk*

Well that took me a while to figure out. On the bright side, though, it does make for a rather interesting checker idea. :) 

image.png.4e06be09468d8a5db0e515c9641aa0c0.png image.png.90e3b223c95cf14da795083724e08f11.png

Edited by lovecats99

Not sure if this is stupid or just bad timing or what, but a few years ago I named a dragon after a character in a book that was really important to me as a child. ..... Today I realize I have a currently-growing dragon with that character's initials in it's code. I'm flailing around wondering if I should switch the name from my old Royal Blue to my new Black, but then I feel bad about suddenly changing the poor RB's name. I should've waited to use that name, but I've never been a code collector so it never even crossed my mind that I'd find a code with the initials!

Went CB Vine hunting with an abundance of egg slots, got distracted, only got one CB Vine, a Zyumorph I don't even want and a Dino. 

Well, at least I have trade fodder, now. XD

this is only the second time since the lovely lunar heralds were released that a colour hue was missed !!!  this time the gold  CB  ... a bronze  CB many  many  months ago 

am gutted and aghast at the perfect storm of obstructions that prevented success

too much talking and not enough stalking .. my fault  ... and more sleeping than normal

but ... there was a AUDIO ATTACK >>> a scam according to google and other things that the malware did not stop

thought it was remedied but now the main laptop keeps shutting down while hunting among many other oddities ...

when switching to this backup ... a letter popped off ... no apparent reason

rats !!!!

You know what's actually stupid? Checking the cave while you're locked. Don't do that. d:

I really should know better then to hunt the cave while listening to an audiobook. I can name and breed dragons while listening to it just fine, but apparently my reflexes are affected while listening. Missed *two* Xenos and a Zyu.

On 20/03/2018 at 5:56 AM, Orchi'dea said:

You know what's actually stupid? Checking the cave while you're locked. Don't do that. d:

I do that so often! :lol: I can't help myself and then I feel so stupid when I get disappointed over something I knew I couldn't get anyway! 

6 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

I do that so often! :lol: I can't help myself and then I feel so stupid when I get disappointed over something I knew I couldn't get anyway! 

I do it, too.... sadly. Because it ALWAYS seems like that is when things I would LIKE to catch appear.