wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Why isn't my egg hatching? It's ER and I put it in a ...

No. No, I did not put it in a hatchery. Dangit. 

2 hours ago, Toyo said:

Why isn't my egg hatching? It's ER and I put it in a ...

No. No, I did not put it in a hatchery. Dangit. 

Omg that happens way too often. Just happened last night actually, I was locked and waiting impatiently for like two hours before I realized I hadn't actually added it to any ERs.

Ugh, I try to space out my eggs' hatching times so that I'm not stuck egglocked for a whole day, but I got so excited that the silver lunar cycle was back that I bred/caught/traded for them ASAP. Now they're all the same age, and I'm sad. 

Mass-breeding to the AP while locked, never even occurred to me that one of my Golds might actually give me a Gold! Bye little Gold egg, hope someone enjoys you!

...just grabbed a common pygmie when there was a flippin' gold dragon at the same time.  My brain saw the description and interpreted it as "CHICKEN" even tho I was SPECIFICALLY trying to get either a gold dragon or an ice dragon and I feel like the world's biggest goober

I keep starting lunar herald checkers, despite the PROVEN FACT that they are wicked, spiteful little projects. 

I have one of each color going right now, and as each color cycle comes around, they like to show me how much they like to breed exactly the wrong thing. Or nothing at all. 

Oh, I didn't post here on the night of the 31st when I killed the wrong hatchie?  When I accidentally killed a previously-revived hatchie, wasted one of my kill slots, and lost a perfectly acceptable CB frozen hatchling? :o :blink: :angry:I must have been too busy throwing my computer out the window and didn't find the time to post. XD

Breeding an Estonian Nebula to the AP thanks to egg-lock. Worst thing - it was the first of that pairing..

Just a tiny thing, but I've done it multiple times in the last few days... When I pick up a biome egg for trading/gifting, I always make a note of what time it will come off cooldown. And then a little later I glance at the DC-clock and go 'oh, it's off cooldown now!'.... No, no it's not, my note shows my timezone and my timezone is three hours behind DC. I keep doing that! 

Honestly, don't look at my frozen hatchlings because you'll probably track me down to kick my butt.

So... Many.. Good lineages frozen.

10 minutes ago, My-Oasis said:

Honestly, don't look at my frozen hatchlings because you'll probably track me down to kick my butt.

So... Many.. Good lineages frozen.

A lot of us have frozen things we later regretted! I have an original Cavebred Pumpkin, the only Pumpkin I got in the original release, and I froze it. Stupid me!

On 6/13/2018 at 11:26 AM, HeatherMarie said:

A lot of us have frozen things we later regretted! I have an original Cavebred Pumpkin, the only Pumpkin I got in the original release, and I froze it. Stupid me!

I've definitely frozen things and then regretted it, too. :P I'm pretty sure it's some kind of DC rite of passage. :lol:

Picked this pairing in a trade. It's beautiful, but centuries will pass before I get a shiny egg from her XD

Who did I breed this dragon with last time, when it gave me the wrong kind of egg?  Better click on the offspring to see what mom's name was.  Okay, time to breed....

WAIT WAIT WAIT, WRONG ACTIONS PAGE!  I just bred the offspring back to one of its parents, instead of rebreeding the parents!  DX 

Now I have to wait an entire extra week before I can try for the right breed of offspring.  😧  😧  😧 

I needed an Ice to be female, unexpectedly took a nap, when I woke up it had hatched... Of course Precog says it's male. Daaaaangit. I knew I should've influenced it earlier!

Constantly grabbing Cassares and Azure Glacewings instead of a Gemshard that I really, really need so I can join the Imperial Harem XD I'm sad now.

... brainlessly checking lineages of dinos in trades ...

(yes of course they are all caveborn ...)

Half-asleep last night at close to 1am, I wanted to grab 'just one more' egg before bed... Refreshing the biomes, didn't look properly at the long description, grabbed a CB Vine. Like, seriously? That's not even good for trading!

I was on the phone to a colleague complaining about work and I was idly clicking through the cave at the same time. As the cave loaded, I sat there for a bit and was like "oh, that's a Gold" and kept chatting away, mostly distracted by work complaints. And then a good minute later I was like wait a second and of course it was far too late to click by then. :lol: What an idiot am I? I totally failed to even try for it! I was too distracted! 

In the last two hours I've missed a Dino and a Blusang because I click between the biomes too fast without properly looking at descriptions. 

Putting some 2G PBs in Departures. All adopted, all bitten. That was not my intent in going through the trouble of putting them there. :angry:

4 hours ago, prpldrgnfr said:

Putting some 2G PBs in Departures. All adopted, all bitten. That was not my intent in going through the trouble of putting them there. :angry:

This is why I don't post there anymore. Too many mysterious egg snipers and too little appreciatiom.

If it's something I bred/liked, I post it in a two-way asking for a dummy so I'll know who it goes to. But lots of stuff I post there are AP-grabs that I think others might like but I don't, so it doesn't really bother me if I don't get a thanks (and I never check up on the eggs after they leave my scroll, it's not my business). 

I know there will most likely be a release tonight, but I didn't think about that until last night, so while I haven't picked up any eggs today I still have two eggs that won't hatch before tomorrow afternoon. Tiny annoyance, I guess, I'll be able to grab 6 eggs if there is a new release, but it's frustrating that I didn't think of it sooner. 

Step 1. Traded for a 3rd-gen Tinsel with a copper mate, a lineage I could actually continue.

Step 2. Also previously traded for another 3rd-gen Tinsel, but with a silver mate, one that I can't continue until I find a way to get a CB silver.

Step 3. Influenced 3rd-gen Tinsel with silver lineage.

Step 4. Eggs hatch. I realize I may have forgotten to influence 3rd-gen Tinsel with copper lineage.

Step 5. Precogs copper-lineage Tinsel out of panic. Finds out hatchie is going to gender wrong.

Step 6. Silver-lineage Tinsel genders correctly, but can't mate until I find a unicorn-elusive CB Silver. Meanwhile, the Tinsel I had a mate for is the wrong gender.

Moral of the story: Don't forget to influence, kids. :lol: