wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I bred my one CB Silver to a CB Radiant Angel, finally got an egg...and then realized that my OCD will want me to influence the egg to be male instead of female.

18 minutes ago, TacticianLyra said:

I bred my one CB Silver to a CB Radiant Angel, finally got an egg...and then realized that my OCD will want me to influence the egg to be male instead of female.

Ah whoops. I think this problem is still fixable - since teleporting eggs cancels the influence, you can ask here for help with that: 

2 minutes ago, Orchi'dea said:

Ah whoops. I think this problem is still fixable - since teleporting eggs cancels the influence, you can ask here for help with that: 

I haven't actually influenced it. XP I'm just saying that I have this thing where, if there's two sprites for each gender with a dragon, I'm pretty obsessive in keeping the pattern correct. And the adult Silver I have right now is female, as well as my only other Silver not counting the egg.

If that made sense. I'm not good with words.

Edited by TacticianLyra

Just now, TacticianLyra said:

I haven't actually influenced it. XP I'm just saying that I have this thing where, if there's two sprites for each gender with a dragon, I'm pretty obsessive in keeping the pattern correct.

If that made sense. I'm not good with words.

Ahh, now that makes sense, yup!

Well lol someone will surely find the link useful anyway I suppose :'D

Found 2 Black hatchies on my scroll; since I've been trying (and failing) to get a PB Black Alt, I promptly put them up on the Notice Board thread.

A few hours later-

Waaaah I finally got some Black eggs for my Black X Almerald lineage last week but they're GONE, where are they, it's the datamonster, or a bug, or SOMEONE HACKED INTO MY ACCOUNT AND-

Wait. Waitwaitwait. Did I... dump them?

Yes. Yes I did.

I logged in when I was very sleepy and accidentally abandoned what might've been the most valuable dragon on my scroll instead of the offspring.

Ah well. 

Not too long ago I accidentally bite a Blusang with a lineage I could actually continue (unlike my current one I have that's a tinsel-fail) and didn't realize I even did it until the egg I was intending to bite was still it's original form/in tact. :P Don't ask me how I didn't notice the sprite, because it's a question that evades me even a month later...

Sorry little Blusang. :(

On 3/27/2018 at 7:47 AM, dudewhat said:

I logged in when I was very sleepy and accidentally abandoned what might've been the most valuable dragon on my scroll instead of the offspring.

Ah well. 

Oh man...That's one of the worst things that can happen on DC! I'm very sorry about that. :( Hopefully you can find either a replacement or at least a half replacement.

3 minutes ago, Jenneta said:

Oh man...That's one of the worst things that can happen on DC! I'm very sorry about that. :( Hopefully you can find either a replacement or at least a half replacement.

That... depends on RNG. Entirely. 

I was hunting for more Florets and saw a silver in the forest, was so surprised that I didn't click fast enough and someone else nabbed it. :lol: Oh well. I did manage to grab one just last week, so I certainly can't complain! Congratulations to whoever got it!

Edited by StormWizard212

I am really kicking myself right now, tried to breed my first adult Floret hoping to get another Floret, didn't even think to use Fertility because I hardly ever do, and the stupid dragons refused to go near each other!! Dangit that would've been an awesome pairing, too.

I just released a parent instead of a surplus child.   *headdesk*

24 minutes ago, Gryphonic said:

I just released a parent instead of a surplus child.   *headdesk*

Oh no! Bad luck. :( I hope it was something that won't be too difficult to replace. If it was bred, are you able to breed another or ask someone else to?

I got myself egg locked with a misclick and now I'm just twiddling my thumbs waiting for the timer to run out so I can gift or abandon it. :P 

I was sooo sure that a certain lineage would require a Sunrise and not a Sunset that I didn't even check before it hatched XD

I've forgotten to put the last few holiday dragons I got to get views, lol. XD

Rip me for not being active enough here. And rip those poor dragons.

I did the event without checking what the results were. STUPID. I missed out on upside down mints the first time and just cost myself a chance to get one. Oh well. x.x At least I can give my ordinary April Fools Mint a silly name or something...

A Freckled hatchie popped up in the AP. I stopped to admire how pretty its colours are and how cute its pose is... and it took me forever to actually click it so of course it was already gone! How silly. :P Those pretty sprites really are distracting. 

Hesitated over a trade I liked, cuz I wasn't sure what I had was good enough to take the trouble of canceling my own trade attempt, putting it up on their link, losing the time I could be trying to trade this stuff myself for something else equally as good while waiting to be accepted or declined, then possibly having to put it back up on several trade posts should it get declined - & then I lost the chance to even make the offer at all cuz they accepted someone else's by the time I made up my mind :rolleyes:.

This is why I am a terrible trader. XD

1 hour ago, Sunrunner said:

Hesitated over a trade I liked, cuz I wasn't sure what I had was good enough to take the trouble of canceling my own trade attempt, putting it up on their link, losing the time I could be trying to trade this stuff myself for something else equally as good while waiting to be accepted or declined, then possibly having to put it back up on several trade posts should it get declined - & then I lost the chance to even make the offer at all cuz they accepted someone else's by the time I made up my mind :rolleyes:.

This is why I am a terrible trader. XD

Ugh I've done that multiple times lately. I've been trading a lot more and sometimes I'll stupidly post my trade before looking at any recently-posted trades in the thread, then I'll see something that I want but I'm not sure I should cancel my own trade to offer it, and then it's gone. Hesitation really does screw you over when it comes to trades!

I wanted to be nice and let the other player have an upside down mint yesterday and I thought .. it is okay I'll catch an upside down mint later. (I arrived pretty late to the event and just didn't understand anything at all) 

Ended up egglocked and with no upsidedown mint 

I come back today and I'm like I'll get one this time! 

Then I realise I can't. 

Wooooow I'm a complete idiot

Note to self: be selfish next time or life will make sure you pay the price XD

I went to freeze two of my Floret dragons and I subconsciously hit "Abandon" instead because I decided not to read. Thanks me, now I have to find two more...

I need to collect Florets, but I can't stop picking up namishly-coded Freckles.

Someone please kill me.

FINALLY managed to snatch an April Fool's mint from AP. Not an upside-down one, just a regular but with a Cave biome. Went to influence it so I can breed it with the mint I got from the event. And I influence it WRONG. And now they will BOTH be male. And teleport is still disabled for these guys. Brain what are you doinnn

edit: Nevermind. Found two more "cave" mints. Made sure to double check to influence them right :lol: 

Edited by Yhme

1 hour ago, AVermiciousKnid said:

Stupidly locked myself with new release eggs the other day, thinking that upside-down mint offspring from the first wouldn't show up in the AP until tomorrow.

Apparently, I missed the window and there aren't any left?

Guess I'll have to wait until next year.

*Kicks herself* -_-

Still worth keeping an eye on the AP if you have a space free - the Prank Mints are still showing up now and then.

Prereced, saw my egg was female so I go to get my male pink only to grab my female pink and think as I clicked to influence "is this the right sprite?" and influence my egg female...