wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

I egg-locked myself with trading fodder, yesterday, so now I don't have any eggslots for the new release. Honestly, why do I do this to myself? XD 

Edited by lovecats99

I was waiting for the new eggs to drop & reflex-clicked the first egg I saw...it was a blue-banded & of course now I'm egg-locked OTL

2 hours ago, lovecats99 said:

I egg-locked myself with trading fodder, yesterday, so now I don't have any eggslots for the new release. Honestly, why do I do this to myself? XD 

I did the same. :lol: Even though I was hoping there would be a release today, I still couldn't resist grabbing eggs. I've managed to get a few of the new release so far, but I'll have to wait until the others hatch tomorrow to get more. Silly me. :P

Edited by StormWizard212

This is simply stupid because I'm stubborn, completely my own fault... I'm locked and I really really want to grab another one of the new eggs (have two of each so far) but my Flamingo egg won't hatch for another 5 hours, and I stupidly/stubbornly refuse to abandon it because it's my 20th, scroll-goal-completing Flamingo. My other non-new eggs are rares that I definitely won't abandon, so... My stubbornness is locking me, lol.

"Let's see if I can find some of those new pygmy eggs!"

*grabs 5 other eggs instead*

Missed an Ice *and* a Zyu in the biomes because I wasn't awake enough to move fast. Just woke up from a nap and got back online, saw it was almost the 5-minute drop time, started refreshing before fully waking up... Yeah. Dangit.

Haven't been feeling well and so, whenever I get the motivation to look for Fire Gems in the Volcano I never see any. And I've been missing all the five minute drops since the release this month...

Sometimes if I see a rare in the biomes when I'm looking for a common egg for whatever reason, I just stupidly stare at it because I don't expect it to be there. :P

9 hours ago, aqub said:

Sometimes if I see a rare in the biomes when I'm looking for a common egg for whatever reason, I just stupidly stare at it because I don't expect it to be there. :P

Oh yes, I've definitely done that! I've refreshed on rare eggs that I wanted, too. I do that a lot in the AP. I sit there refreshing again and again, then I see something I want... but I accidentally refresh and then it's gone. :P 

I named my one male Honey Drake "Honeycomb Drake". By now, I'm totally convinced that's the name of the breed. :blush:

1 hour ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I named my one male Honey Drake "Honeycomb Drake". By now, I'm totally convinced that's the name of the breed. :blush:

I've definitely done something similar! My first CB gold had 'Goldfire' in his name so I used to do the same thing and think of Golds as Goldfires. :lol:

5 hours ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Oh yeah, I've done that. Yours is at least fairly similar though... My neighbor-friend kept calling Shimmerscales 'Shamrocks' (no I don't know why) and it stuck. Like, I've actually typed Shamrock when talking about them and had to figure out why it didn't sound right. 

Picked up and incubated an AP egg last night but forgot to put it in any hatcheries so now I have to wait for it to hatch today when it could have while I was sleeping... :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, aqub said:

Picked up and incubated an AP egg last night but forgot to put it in any hatcheries so now I have to wait for it to hatch today when it could have while I was sleeping... :rolleyes:

I did that with a bunch of eggs yesterday! They became ER and I realised I'd forgotten to put them in any hatcheries. Oops. :P 

Edited by StormWizard212

I used Earthquake when I had a Thunder dragon egg and didn't realize (never got another one after that).

My most stupid mistake is taking like 7 years off of the game and missing all of the annual/holiday releases etc. :(:(

1 hour ago, tvman889 said:

My most stupid mistake is taking like 7 years off of the game and missing all of the annual/holiday releases etc. :(:(

Thankfully, in recent years we've had old Holidays re-released in new biomes for the holiday period so, if you stick around for the next event, you'll be able to collect any previous releases you missed over your hiatus. :) 

image.png.98e29a91987b67bc2feadde662f3a3ab.png 

A screenshot from last year's Halloween event

Still, that does mean you missed the specific events happening each year which, believe me, does suck. :( 

Automatically clicking new-release eggs in the biomes because my mind still sees 'new description, must have!' even though I don't want anymore CBs. Also, I really really need to stop going into the biomes when I'm not fully awake or am distracted by something else, I have missed way too many good things that way!

Grabbed another Green Dino. That thing is not staying on my scroll once it goes off cooldown. Stupid Dinos :/

Edited by Whirlaway

16 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Also, I really really need to stop going into the biomes when I'm not fully awake or am distracted by something else, I have missed way too many good things that way!

Well, if you don't go, your chances of catching something are even worse! :lol:

Recently got my first GoN, so of course I began to try breeding her for Avatars. I liked how Azure Glacewings looked with GoN's, so I decided to have her first mate be one... Three eggs later and I finally realize Glacewings don't have an element XD Whoops. At least know I know to check what elements dragons are ahead of time lol.

(Both her and my new male are breeding with Purple Florets in hopes they have elements, though so far both haven't given me my goal!)

Just froze a surplus Gemshard hatchie that was exactly what someone was requesting for a Paper trade.  Next time I hit that subforum before making any irreversible decisions.   /facepalm

I was super excited because I grabbed a copper in the cave and thought I would finally have a set of each copper...didn't realize it wasn't a sulfur copper but a rainbow one until it grew up and I was sorting my dragons and was like "...why does this female have the same coloring as my other one? o.o"
If I had realized yesterday I could have tried swapping her lol