wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

6 minutes ago, dragonwishes said:

Prereced, saw my egg was female so I go to get my male pink only to grab my female pink and think as I clicked to influence "is this the right sprite?" and influence my egg female...

If you need, ask anyone to bounce the influence off and that will fix the issue. :)

Edited by Dorchet

3 minutes ago, Dorchet said:

If you need, ask anyone to bounce the influence off and that will fix the issue. :)

I'm glad you said that because there's a part two to this tale

After telling someone this embarrassing story, I asked if she'ed be willing to trade and influence as male and turned out that they had no male pinks ready, so after trading it back to me, influence gone, I checked my spreadsheet and noticed that I actually needed a female so I can have one male and female of the species.................................................................... god help me

5 minutes ago, dragonwishes said:

I'm glad you said that because there's a part two to this tale

After telling someone this embarrassing story, I asked if she'ed be willing to trade and influence as male and turned out that they had no male pinks ready, so after trading it back to me, influence gone, I checked my spreadsheet and noticed that I actually needed a female so I can have one male and female of the species.................................................................... god help me

Haha, well at least the precog should be the correct now. Right? 

I was visiting family from Sunday to Wednesday, and while I was able to catch eggs to fill my scroll from time to time, I didn't really have the time to look for the Easter eggs. So I thought I'd just do it when I'm home and can actually play on my desktop computer again...

I forgot that the Easter event is not 7 days like the other events.  :( 

I got ALL the eggs EVERY year since they existed, and now I'm missing lots from this year and will never be able to fix this. ... I'd trade the CB Silver I just caught for another day of easter egg collecting! XD

apparently I can't math so I ended up breeding enough for a 6th-gen instead of the 5th-gen I need and only realized once I got to 4th-gen. I guess I'll have 2 gender-swapped checkers instead of one big mirror checker, but I don't know what to do with the second one

On 4/5/2018 at 12:52 AM, Confused Cat said:

I was visiting family from Sunday to Wednesday, and while I was able to catch eggs to fill my scroll from time to time, I didn't really have the time to look for the Easter eggs. So I thought I'd just do it when I'm home and can actually play on my desktop computer again...

I forgot that the Easter event is not 7 days like the other events.  :( 

I got ALL the eggs EVERY year since they existed, and now I'm missing lots from this year and will never be able to fix this. ... I'd trade the CB Silver I just caught for another day of easter egg collecting! XD

This is the first year since 2011 I couldn't get them all, and it's not because I'm stupid. I don't always have time to check DC obsessively every 5-10 minutes - I'd be shocked if anyone did. The event would be more accessible if it lasted for five days or maybe a week, instead of three.

At least I got most of the ones I wanted.

I just went on a big naming spree to try to clear some of my backlog. I have a naming scheme for different generations, but I forgot to filter by my CB group first before I filtered by unnamed. When I realised, I had to go back and check every single dragon I'd named with my CB naming pattern to double check that it was actually CB. This is why I shouldn't be doing this so late at night. I feel very silly. :P 

Nooooo! I was just gazing upon the lineage of my newly bred 5th gen Storm-Rider, and noticed I'd used one dragon twice in the first generation. :blink: Oookay, starting over from 2nd gen. Sigh. :rolleyes:

I once accidentally posted a trade on the DC community board, I didn't look before clicking & assumed it was one of the trade threads, luckily I double-checked & deleted it after a few minutes but boy was that embarrassing because I'm pretty sure about 4 users saw the post before I removed it >.>:

12 hours ago, Mochi said:

I once accidentally posted a trade on the DC community board, I didn't look before clicking & assumed it was one of the trade threads, luckily I double-checked & deleted it after a few minutes but boy was that embarrassing because I'm pretty sure about 4 users saw the post before I removed it >.>:

Did the same but with my answer to the dragon bingo..... way to mispost to literally the most active thread on the forums.

The good old "I'm egglocked but I'm gonna breed this rare/common pair anyway because they never give me the rare egg" > "oops they produced the rare and now it's AP'd!!"

Abandoning a Blusang I'd reflex-clicked because I thought I was close to my goal and didn't want it taking up space right now, only to realize I have way fewer then I thought (and the few Blusang breedings I tried today were outright refusals!). 

"Oh right, I need to rebreed something I accidentally wilded."
*Breeds dergs, they give correct egg*

*Forgot I had just bred myself to egglocked*

If I had just waited a few minutes, there are ER eggs hatching...

Edited by Gryphonic

Froze a hatchling that was supposed to be a gift for someone DX  Fortunately it was going to be a surprise, so they weren't expecting it...

Bred a gold Floret for my freezing goals, but realized a bit late that I was out of freezes. So I waited until it was very ER to hatch it, then carefully hid it until I had one freeze back. At that point I unhid it... and promptly abandonned it. I actually typed "ABANDON". Only the "you leash the hatchie to a nearby tree" gave me a clue.

What is my brain doing.

Missed a Dino in the cave because I stupidly stopped to read the entire description. I *knew* what it was immediately, but for some reason I just automatically read the whole description before clicking. 

I put up an egg for trade when I was scroll locked and someone offered four hatchies. I gifted something I didn't want, but now I'm sitting here waiting for a couple of other things to grow up, which grow up an hour before something in the trade does... I must keep a close eye on my timing or I'll miss the narrow window of opportunity! :lol:

On 4/4/2018 at 6:28 PM, dragonwishes said:

Prereced, saw my egg was female so I go to get my male pink only to grab my female pink and think as I clicked to influence "is this the right sprite?" and influence my egg female...

What I did early on to try and prevent not having the proper genders when needed was to build up my supply of Pinks.  I have 36  Pinks, about half and half male and female.  And since the 'cool-down' period for the Reds is 14 days, I've built up my horde to 45.  Every once in a while, I add another just for the heck of it, but with that many, I don't really need to.

Edited by Husky51

...... I reflex-clicked yet *another* Kingcrowne in the biomes. Ugh I hate that description! The 'shiny' and 'magical' just make me automatically click, and this time even as I clicked it I *knew* what it actually was but I wasn't fast enough to stop myself from clicking it, lol. Oh well, guess I'll have a Kingcrowne to give away in about 5 hours.

Forgot fertility on an extremely important pair. Again. Arrgh. Luckily, they liked each other! Next generation will be more forgiving at least if I make the same mistake.

Missed an Ice in the biomes because I was listening to a video... Not watching, just listening while refreshing. I can usually do that just fine, guess not this time!

Since the beginning of my time here on DC I have somehow drilled into my head that “shiny=rare”

this leads me to believe that almost any and all descriptions that include shiny are definitely worth clicking on. I see the word shiny and I click it.

So I was hunting for a purple Floret (which I still don’t have any of >:( ) and I see TWO eggs with Shiny descriptions. 

A Kingcrowne, and a Zyumorph.

Wild guess as to which one I clicked?

Edited by broadway_fiend

Oh my goodness. I was massbreeding for the AP so I had myself locked with eggs so the nice lineages were automatically going to the AP. And then I started thinking about my own personal breeding projects. I'm out of purples for fertility, but I thought I'd try my luck anyway with a Gold x Ribbon Dancer that I need a 2G from as a mate. I wasn't expecting an egg. But even without fertility, they finally bred one! Except I'd forgotten to abandon the eggs keeping me locked for my AP breeding... so my lovely, pretty 2G Gold went straight to the AP. 

I've never done this before in my life. I'm such a cautious person. I actually gasped when I saw the screen because I was so shocked at how stupid I was. :lol: Someone will hopefully get a nice surprise when they grab it from the AP, though, which is the silver lining of the story. ^_^ And I'll just try again next week. I feel a bit embarrassed that I did something so stupid, though. 

Edited by StormWizard212