wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Had eggs accidentally die for the first time ever. sad.gif I forgot I had them, was busy all day, they got sick. By the time I remembered to check, oops too late.

Not taking any frills when I first joined. Still kicking myself over that one...they vanished not long after, too.

Randomly breeding dragons to random mates before I came up with my system of life-mated dragons. I'm still trying to figure out who was with who and what on earth happened. blink.gif

Not leaving myself enough leeway to catch more than one CB copper on the day they first came out...still haven't caught any more. (That'll teach me to egg-lock myself on such important occasions as DC's birthday) xd.png

I was away for something or another and didn't leave myself enough room to catch more than one CB Black Marrow. And it gendered wrong. UUUUUGGGGHHHH! *headdesk*

Not waiting longer to start breeding my Shadow Walkers and Cavern Lurkers. If I'd have waited, maybe some pretty lineages could have come of it...

Last night I got a bunch of neat eggs from the AP but I didn't feel well so wanted to wait to influence them til I'd gotten some sleep. I went to the help page to make sure that there'd be enough time to influence them, and they would have been over three days by the time I woke back up, except I put them in fansites last night without thinking and they all hatched.

I'm consoling myself with thinking I might be needing to save my influences for Halloween... not sure if I would have had enough anyway or not but I guess best to be safe?

edit: Oh yeah, another stupid thing is that this is my first holiday on dragcave except for Valentine's Day where I just joined the site a tiny bit ago and had no idea about a lot of things (I was like "oh wow, my luck getting AP eggs must be bad that each of the multiple breeds I have have both of them the same gender" haha) and I haven't been able to educate myself about all the Halloween stuff or arrange to get bred eggs in advance or anything because of stupid not feeling well.

So um, yeah, just had to vent a little unsure.gif

Edited by diaveborn

I just made one of the biggest mistakes in DC history. I almost cired.. literally. I picked up an inbred twoheaded off of AP and went to re- abandon it.. I accidently abandoned the precious cheese hatchling you gave me.. Im such an idiot, I wasn't paying attention.. I sure wish DC had a time machine! I really hope you aren't frustrated with me as I truly appoligize for my stupid mistake.. I will triple check that I am abandoning the right dragon next time.. Sorry again.. ~Jaz:(

From Jazlindreal to e-sheep..

IM SUCH AN IDIOT! >_<

Bred a shimmer with the wrong breed to continue the linage.

At first I was like "Oh yeah!"

But after I checked the linage of the egg and realized I had made a mistake, I was like "Oh God."

Not really a stupid thing, but more of a really stupid feeling... xd.png I've just been sending out Holiday IOU reminders, and oh my, I swear I worried a bit too much about it. *laughs* I felt so paranoid that I'd make some mistake or PM the wrong person orrrr anything else really.

Well, hopefully I haven't and everything's fine tongue.gif

Accidentally put out one-way transfers instead of two-way trades for my CB NDs. Thank gods someone was kind and awesome enough to return them, though I insisted he keep one. Lesson well learnt. wink.gif

I always check my egg limits before breeding. Always. Except a while ago when I bred a shadow walker sad.gifThis went to the AP sad.gif

I don't know why, but every single time I see a rare egg, I just stare at it. And then I refresh the page.

And it's still there.

I go on other biomes. Refresh. Do stuff.

One minute later, it hits me: There was a rare egg. It was right in front of me. And people didn't even take it.

Why did I not take it?

Actually, why didn't they take it?

This happened to me with leetles, silvers, brines, and sometimes less rare ones like nebulas.

I don't like it. Lol.

I'm doing that too...

I always hit F5, THEN try to click on an egg. Really need to work that one out.

I sometimes assume that I'm egglocked, then just stare at a rare egg, wishing that I could have it. Then I check my scroll, and I have space for two eggs xd.png

It's SSSSSOOOOOOO annoying!!

I felt very stupid, even if happy, about this:

I got a beautiful 4th gen marrow from silver checkered, then I started to think "it will be hard to build a mate for it, it will be very useful to find now a 3rd gen marrow from same lineage"

So I started asking, hunting and trying trading for it, with no luck. Then, while thinking that it would have been very difficult to find someone able to breed that lineage I had a sudden flash: "wait a moment... *I* can breed that lineage" - followed biggest facepalm ever xd.png

^That sounds lovely, lol!

And as for me... just today I got my Halloween dragons. What do I first do? Put them in the incubators. And now I keep having to play Fog Russian Roulette so they don't die. Stupid stupid STUPID STUPID-

Using earthquake.

Every time, they all die

EVERY FREAKIN TIME I SWEARS.

Now I'm stuck with like 5 dead eggs on my scroll.

In related news: 3 green dragons have recently been added to death row.

Traded for two black eggs from Shadowalkers as mates for two of my Halloween dragons - didn't realize it was the gender-switched parent combo sad.gif

Twice, I got the descriptions mixed up between two eggs and ended up getting an Electric dragon instead of a Thunder dragon. They were both nexxt to each other!

I totally had a brain-fart and bred a Pumpkin with a lineage I actually wanted and was already locked. I'm sure it went to a good home, though, but dang. The one time I didn't check egg space! X'D

I am currently in finals week, (well month really) and in my quick sort through my dragons I have influenced this egg to be the wrong gender. This one is going to end up as a mate for my Yulebuck so it is kind of rather bad to have it turn male.

Um, basically I was wondering if some extremely nice person would be willing to swap eggs with me and then swap back so I could reinfluence it properly. I'm happy to compensate with something off my scroll after halloween is over.

Nevermind guys, herk is a beautiful person ^^

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

All the time I'm on Dragon Cave, I was watching the Albino egg and thinking, 'Why won't they make it look more like it really shows a hatchie through the shell instead of those freaky white lines?' And today I saw IT. And I feel so stupid xP

Also, I left DC few times. Missed EVERY Valentine and EVERY Halloween and EVERY Christmas dragon excluding Ribbon Dancers.

And the thing I just did: went into jungle, saw a CB Gold, went to the volcano... Rushed back to jungle, 'It's still here, yay!', clicked as fast as I could, but it was goooone sad.gif I always miss the rares.

Augh I just missed both a silver and a copper in the desert because I didn't register there was a rare egg.

I influenced and incubated two eggs that I later had to abandon. I wish I had more scroll space! xd.png

Edited by Windy

I decided at the last minute to gather some dragons to use as Zombie fodder. However, I forgot about the kill limit, so now I'm stuck with only 6 tries. :/

Stocked up on eggs for zombie fodder--lots of eggs, to ensure I got the gender I needed. Hatched them, let them gender, let them die, cackled over their graves even...

...but miscalculated the timing. Two days till Halloween, all of the gendered ex-hatchlings have headed toward the light, leaving behind a meager sampling of ungendered loafers and the five ex-adults taking up my kill slots.

If any of them zombify, I'm naming Just Desserts.

Time to see if two days is time enough to bombard a new batch of ubercommon CBs to an early grave.