angelicdragonpuppy

Same-Name Eggs ( Descriptions )

Does giving the same name to different eggs add anything to the game?  

488 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At anyrate, I have no problem with same descriptions... Even though for a while I did mix up strange markings and bright markings for a while... It really did not bug me. I was happy to have what I got. Considering it could be a few months from now when CB Stripes become common and CB Spitfires become the needle in the haystack.

But for me, I have to collect a ton of frozen hatchies to "complete" my scroll. So having the same description is a win/win for me.

~

But I did vote "Heck no!" due to all the drama on the forums about it. Mainly because it gives me a headache about all the fuss that can be created over pixels... Or put more simple... 1s and 0s.

Edit- Hit the wrong button too early. I swear some forums reverse "preview" and "summit" to annoy us forum censorkip.gif s.

Edited by Charu

I was willing to wait until the ratios evened out to see if I'd feel better about the spitfires, but after picking up over 2 dozen spitfire eggs in the last couple of days, I am undoubtedly not-a-fan of the brightly colored markings eggs.

Edited by diannethegeek

I hate it. I refuse to pick up strange marking eggs from the cave. There is nothing "fun" about it. When your trying to find something specific it's enough to have to spend time refreshing the cave till you see what you want and actually catch it. Since many strange marking eggs are dumped in the AP I'd rather find them there and actually get what I want without taking a gamble. As for the new stripe/spitfire thing, stripes are so rare anyway, it's going to be nearly impossible to get a CB one now.

Yes, you say it mad.gif

Its hard enough, getting a striped egg, now there is another egg with the same description. Its no fun dry.gif

NOOOO WHYYYYY

WHY did they have to make the new flamingo releases have the same description as the pinks? ;A; Now there will be a gajillion people in the dragon trading thread asking for CB Pinks in addition to CB Stripes (not that there aren't already a lot alot.png)

That said, it's annoying. If the number of same description eggs increases, we won't know whatever we're getting. I'm fine with it now, but... yeah.

I don't mind eggs with the same description. I've gotten used to it. It's a part of the game and I don't see it changing since we have had same description eggs in the last two releases to go along with the ones already with the same descriptions.

Edited by rubyshoes

But why is there a poll? Most of the member hate same description for different eggs...

It depends on what egg for me. Like, pinks and stripes are already really rare at the moment so I think that it would be better to make a more common egg (eg. balloon, mint) have a double so it would encourage more picking up of the egg.

If that makes sense. @_@

It depends on what egg for me. Like, pinks and stripes are already really rare at the moment so I think that it would be better to make a more common egg (eg. balloon, mint) have a double so it would encourage more picking up of the egg.

If that makes sense. @_@

If I want a CB Striped but I get a CB Spitfires, I hate this and after 5 hours I'll give it to the abandoned. And then, the abandoned Area is full of unwanted eggs...

Don't know, if this make sense... dry.gif

If I could drop them immediately (or even 5-10 mins after catching it) it might be fun...

But otherwise no, it's just plain annoying. It's like "Joy, I got an egg I didn't want/need/desire and now it gets to sit on my scroll for 5 hours, taking up valuable scroll space and often locking me from breeding or hunting!"

But if you have a common egg sharing a description with an uncommon one, that's going to be the way to get the common one picked up. How many bright markings have been picked up by people hoping for stripes that have turned out to be spitfires? And then they're out of the cave and on a scroll.

I still wish that they were different, but only very slightly, so it would take a bit of skill to grab the one you want, and misclicks would be easy.

If I want a CB Striped but I get a CB Spitfires, I hate this and after 5 hours I'll give it to the abandoned. And then, the abandoned Area is full of unwanted eggs...

Don't know, if this make sense... dry.gif

Yeah it's okay I don't think my post made much sense either @__@

but now that i think about it my logic didn't make much sense in general orz

I think it's a little disappointing when common eggs share the same description as uncommon or hard-to-get eggs. It's not a bad thing, but it's not as much fun to click on eggs when you know chances are it won't be what you've been trying to get for a while.

I hope the new pink winds up being rather uncommon. That would make it balance out, so that you're not going to get the new pink 9 times out of 10 or something. Sure, right now the cave is flooded with them, but it has to be to get to any sort of ratio.

And man. I should have known something was up when the front page seemed to have three of the dragon I've been trying and failing to get since I started playing again.

What I don't get, is why it has to be the EXACT. SAME. DESCRIPTION? Does anyone know how many synonyms there are for the word "pink" while keeping the same meaning?

Why couldn't the egg have had any description like:

It's bright. And the color of coral.

It's bright. And fuschia.

It's bright. And pinkish.

It's pink. And bright.

It's bright. And rosy.

It's bright. And salmon-colored.

It's bright. And ruddy.

They all mean the egg is "pink"! But not Pink Dragon pink.

C'mon... I'm tired of this. I'm relatively new and I'm tired of this. If it was just the strange markings (which aren't) eggs, well, that was a theme for a release so it's cool. With last two releases, it's just silly. It's not like Webster's is charging the place a nickle per new word in a description here. There's plenty of words in English to sound almost exactly like, but not quite any of these descriptions.

Sure, some folks would reflex click as soon as they got to the "bright" part, I know I would. But at least they have a fair shot at being able to discern what they're grabbing.

What I don't get, is why it has to be the EXACT. SAME. DESCRIPTION? Does anyone know how many synonyms there are for the word "pink" while keeping the same meaning?

It's pink. And bright.

It's bright. And rosy.

It's bright. And ruddy.

C'mon... I'm tired of this. I'm relatively new and I'm tired of this. If it was just the strange markings (which aren't) eggs, well, that was a theme for a release so it's cool. With last two releases, it's just silly. It's not like Webster's is charging the place a nickle per new word in a description here. There's plenty of words in English to sound almost exactly like, but not quite any of these descriptions.

Sure, some folks would reflex click as soon as they got to the "bright" part, I know I would. But at least they have a fair shot at being able to discern what they're grabbing.

100% agree

I'm a little conflicted... On one hand, it does add something to the game, a bit of surprise. Since I like both pinks, it doesn't bother me.

On the other hand, If I'm looking for a regular pink, it WILL really annoy me. And stripes are just a headace. Too many spitfires!

It's pink. And bright.

It's bright. And rosy.

It's bright. And ruddy.

Agree with every fiber of my being!

I like it so far, makes it a little gamble to see which egg you actually get. Of course its more frustrating if you are looking for that one dragon, but since I'm pretty new that is less of a worry for me at the moment.

I think if they are both of equal rarity in the cave, it's fine as either they're both really common, in which case getting the egg you wanted shouldn't be too tough, or they're both fairly rare and therefore you can potentially use it as a trade towards the egg you wanted in the beginning.

I'd much prefer each egg to have its own description (which probably just completely contradicts what I just said xd.png) but if it is done I think doing it to equally rare eggs would be the best route.

I'm really not a fan of same descriptions for different eggs. I won't grab a 'strange markings' egg from the cave, and Spitfires quickly became the bane of my existence when trying to get a Stripe. And now with these new pink eggs, it's just going to make the highly sought after and needed Pinks even harder to get.

I can't speak for anyone else, but it's just cheaply frustrating. I play DC because I like having a fun little time waster. A little challenge is all well and good, but once its frustrating, it isn't fun anymore. If I want to be frustrated, there's plenty of stuff I could do in real life that'll frustrate me, and some of it I'd even get paid for.

I, however, would love if new eggs had very similar descriptions/descriptions that might make you think of a different egg.

When I click an Electric egg thinking it's a Thunder or a Pygmy thinking its a Chicken, I go "oops, I'm stupid. Oh well" and bite/wait to abandon it. When I click a "brightly colored markings" and get a Spitfire, I get angry.

I, however, would love if new eggs had very similar descriptions/descriptions that might make you think of a different egg.

When I click an Electric egg thinking it's a Thunder or a Pygmy thinking its a Chicken, I go "oops, I'm stupid. Oh well" and bite/wait to abandon it. When I click a "brightly colored markings" and get a Spitfire, I get angry.

That's pretty much how I feel. I find the very similar ones fun and amusing, but I find the same ones frustrating. I'm sure though, that they wouldn't bother me as much if I wasn't always looking for specific eggs for lineage projects.

For me if the time was less, say 1 hour ,I would not mind the " same description" lottery. 5 hours is way too long, once I'm unlocked I will hunt the AP for abandoned "wrong eggs". The number of people playing is triple or more what it was when that time frame was instituted., And since breeding ratios are so very low there is nothing in the AP again. Let us play----

Locking myself for 5 hours is the "not fun at all" part.

this dove me nuts when i was trying to get a skywing for a 2nd gen bluna.i got tons of horses and drakes, and when i finally got a skywing, it gendered wrong. i had to start the search all over again, then i just gave up.

this dove me nuts when i was trying to get a skywing for a 2nd gen bluna.i got tons of horses and drakes, and when i finally got a skywing, it gendered wrong. i had to start the search all over again, then i just gave up.

I thought you'd say "when I finally got a skywing, it became the most common one between the three name sharing dragons"...

I'm really not a fan of same descriptions for different eggs. I won't grab a 'strange markings' egg from the cave, and Spitfires quickly became the bane of my existence when trying to get a Stripe. And now with these new pink eggs, it's just going to make the highly sought after and needed Pinks even harder to get.

I can't speak for anyone else, but it's just cheaply frustrating. I play DC because I like having a fun little time waster. A little challenge is all well and good, but once its frustrating, it isn't fun anymore. If I want to be frustrated, there's plenty of stuff I could do in real life that'll frustrate me, and some of it I'd even get paid for.

Very much agree. If I go for a Water and get a Waterwalker, d'oh, that's my fault. If I go for a Stripe and get a Spitfire, I'm just frustrated. ):

While I'm in this topic:

Synonyms for "pink"

rosy

pinkish

rose

roseate

salmon

blush

deep pink

Synonyms for "strange"

unusual

peculiar