angelicdragonpuppy

Same-Name Eggs ( Descriptions )

Does giving the same name to different eggs add anything to the game?  

488 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it depends on the seriousness of what each player is looking for. For example, since I'm not looking for anything in particular when I click a strange markings egg, it's a nice surprise no matter what. However, to the player who loathes one kind and is hunting for another, I can see how the randomness would be frustrating.

I seem to spend a lot of time on these forums shrugging, but *shrugs*.

~Feathers

I hate it. It's already hard enough to catch what you want from the Cave, without "surprises". I honestly think this is 75% of what led to the Frills' demise, and I shudder to think of how much hate Spitfires will be receiving in the not-so-distant future.

I don't mind it with the Ochres/Skywings/Horses, nor with the Dorsals - it's a lotto of some sorts. I am, however, annoyed that Stripes now share a description, since those were rare to start with, and will now be even harder to catch. x_X

I wouldn't say I hate it, but I don't like it lol. If you're cave hunting, chances are you are looking for a certain breed and getting an egg you don't want and being locked without mis-clicking is a tad annoying laugh.gif (as is mis-clicking but that's another issue tongue.gif)

I am now no longer going to be picking up 'brightly colored marking' eggs anymore despite how much I need a CB Stripe.

I think there could always be a description that could be used that isn't the same as a pre-existing one and in a way it seems a bit lazy to me.

I'll probably get flamed or something, but that's my honest opinion.

Edit: Oh turns out people think the same as me laugh.gif

Edited by dragonico

I don't really care for Stripes so I won't be trying for them but I can see the frustration of trying to get a CB Stripe but end up with a Spitfire.

It wouldn't be so bad if they were both commons but they aren't both common which can become insanely frustrating for those after Stripes.

I also don't get why the Spitfire wasn't given "This egg has turquoise markings on it." as opposed to what it was given.

Also Pyrite dragon? I wouldn't mind that one having a similar description to Gold's because it makes sense. A nickname for Pyrite after all is "fool's gold" I'm assuming the Pyrite dragon is a "Common cousin of the Gold"

I like Pyrite, it pretty.

Oops...got a little off topic there.

Edited by DarkPhoenixInnocent

Sorry for the double post.

The forum got stuck and I checked before hitting the button a second time.

sad.gif

Edited by RMMC

I hate it. It's already hard enough to catch what you want from the Cave, without "surprises". I honestly think this is 75% of what led to the Frills' demise, and I shudder to think of how much hate Spitfires will be receiving in the not-so-distant future.

This.

Plus, I agree with the issue that one of the breed will be next to impossible to catch in the cave now, especially with the current ratios.

This sort of thing also leads to Cave clog. Once everyone has their fill of Spitfires, those eggs will just sit in the Cave becoming the new cloggers for both the Cave and the AP.

The clogginess and the frustration of continually getting an egg you didn't want is precisely why we don't have Frills anymore. sad.gif

And all that drama was over one of four common eggs. The fact that one of these is an uncommon that already borders on rare, is setting up for a large problem in the future.

And lord help the Pyrite if it ends up with the exact description of gold's. It won't matter how pretty the sprite is, it'll get reviled fairly quickly.

This is totally unfair and it was the Strange Markings description that led to the demise of Frills as very loud people kept insulting the sprite until the spriter had it removed :sigh: It is going to happen again sad.gif

I personally dislike different species having the same egg description. dry.gif The only exception of this is the Deepseas and the Shallow Water dragons, which due to one species is breed only doesn't interfere with each other. wink.gif

I think lottery eggs should be limited to two diffrent species, or three if its realy nessesary, and only if the eggs actualy do fit the description.

I personaly think that only the Frill and Skywing actualy have "strange markings", the others dont realy fit.

And anyway, IF the spitfire is common, then it will increese your change of being the one to grab the CB stripe cause people will hesitate before clicking, as they do with the strange markings. And because nobody knows if the egg in the cave will be the stripe of spitfire, when the stripe actualy comes around people who want it and normaly grab it quickest will be less willing to click at the risk of being locked for 5hrs with it. And those who want a spitfire and got a stripe could always trade it for, say, 2 spitfire eggs.

I'm personally no fan of indistinguishable eggs, as often I am seeking for a specific species in the cave.

I admit, however, the frustration at this time is amplified by the current rarity of CB Stripes sharing their description with the much-more-common Spitfires, making it almost a necessity to keep one slot open just for constant grabbing and dropping of an egg so as to have miniscule chance of getting what one really wants. It's a problem present with Strange Markings, too, however lesser with them due to the fact the three (formerly four) eggs bearing the description were approximately equally common and could sometimes be traded for each other due to this, if nothing else.

The Dorsal is slightly different (and shan't be included in my comparison for this reason). This is because the Dorsal Dragon is actually one species with two different forms, rather than being two species with the same egg description.

I like them the same. It doesn't bother me.

Of course, I play "Gotta catch 'em all" rather than "male/female/frozen S1/frozen S2"

I also tend to hunt the AP more than the cave, but it is because I am way too impatient to wait 5 days from egg laid to adult. I would rather catch something lower timed.

My cave miss-clicks are usually bitten; that way I might get the space back before 5 hours.

If I am going straight to bed after picking up an egg from the cave, I usually go for the multiple description egg, as I will be easily able to abandon them when I awaken.

I was absolutely amazed that we'd get another shared description that is, obviously, going to create a lot of problems and continually hurt the spriter's feelings.

And putting people in a position where they're unable to voice frustration or identify problems that could be avoided in future will add to stress in what's supposed to be a recreational game.

Like many, I am always looking for any one of a number of specific eggs and don't pick up 'strange markings' eggs, even though I like all of the sprites, because I can't tell which one I'm getting and don't want to endlessly lock myself for 5 hours over and over trying for a particular egg I happen to want at that time.

I don't generally have room to keep and raise eggs I don't have a need for at that time - I should think very few of us do.

I won't be picking up any more 'brightly coloured' now that I have 2 pairs, and I do have to admit that that did cause an immediate prejudice against a perfectly nice new egg, as might be expected.

I like the dragon, but I can't look at the description in the Cave without feeling upset, since I do love and need Stripes and seeing the description always gave me such a rush, which now has to be repeatedly squelched because that's not a Stripe anymore - it's quite discouraging.

Like others, I always will need more CB Stripes for breeding purposes, which is unfortunate under the circumstances.

In order to avoid continual frustration and locking, I plan to try to trade for them, which makes for a hassle and reduces even further the likelihood of getting them.

Instead of keeping watch for them when on the Drops, I'll now have to be perpetually trying for suitable trade items, hope I can come up with something tempting enough, have that take up space while I wait to see if anyone has one to trade, if whatever I have appeals and if I manage to catch the darned thing, assuming the rest works out.

And I suppose a lot of of others will be doing the same thing.

Maybe it's just because I'm so tired, but this really made the whole Release rather discouraging for me.

I think many people have the same question:

IF IT ANGERED MEMBERS WHICH OFFENDED THE ARTIST, WHY DO IT AGAIN?

You gotz da power - said it all in one short sentence.

Wish I could do that...

You gotz da power - said it all in one short sentence.

Wish I could do that...

I'm not very wordy.

Personally I don't mind, I enjoy collecting the newer eggs. If I get a stripe all the better. However the similar situation resulted in the poor Frills, so why would ANYONE want to do it again?

I think lottery eggs should be limited to two diffrent species, or three if its realy nessesary, and only if the eggs actualy do fit the description.

I personaly think that only the Frill and Skywing actualy have "strange markings", the others dont realy fit.

And anyway, IF the spitfire is common, then it will increese your change of being the one to grab the CB stripe cause people will hesitate before clicking, as they do with the strange markings. And because nobody knows if the egg in the cave will be the stripe of spitfire, when the stripe actualy comes around people who want it and normaly grab it quickest will be less willing to click at the risk of being locked for 5hrs with it. And those who want a spitfire and got a stripe could always trade it for, say, 2 spitfire eggs.

I actually thought of this and thought maybe that makes it not so bad.

However, the chance of getting a stripe is still going to be incredibly low and I rarely have more than one egg space available for hunting. Five hours also is more time than I usually have to spend on the cave in a day. So I will be able to only grab one egg per day and then only on the rare days when I am not already scroll locked.

I have nothing against the spitfires and still need a couple to fill my collection. But once I get those it is going to be incredibly frustrating trying to get the CB stripes that I need to build my lineages.

I'm not very wordy.

Personally I don't mind, I enjoy collecting the newer eggs. If I get a stripe all the better. However the similar situation resulted in the poor Frills, so why would ANYONE want to do it again?

Sometimes the artists themselves choose to have a same description(I know of at least one on the completed list the artist wants to be a strange markings egg). I assume that means that they accept the fact that their sprite will receive flak from it. At least I would hope that any artist who willingly chooses to have a same description feels that way.

I am incredibly annoyed by this turn of events. I've been trying to catch a CB stripe before the new release for some time now, but they're so rare that I never see them.

Now the spitfire eggs are sharing the same description, I think my dream of having PB stripes armies are to be dashed.

I don't mind if they are worded similarly, ie "This egg has brightly colored markings on it." and "This egg is brightly colored with markings." etc, which would require skills to click on one instead of the other.

I agree with Tamao Purin, if you want random, you could have just close your eyes & click.

I am incredibly annoyed by this turn of events. I've been trying to catch a CB stripe before the new release for some time now, but they're so rare that I never see them.

Now the spitfire eggs are sharing the same description, I think my dream of having PB stripes armies are to be dashed.

I don't mind if they are worded similarly, ie "This egg has brightly colored markings on it." and "This egg is brightly colored with markings." etc, which would require skills to click on one instead of the other.

I agree with Tamao Purin, if you want random, you could have just close your eyes & click.

Not necessarily. You can always trade for 2nd-gen PB stripes, or even 3rd-gen. That's what I've resigned myself to, considering how rare CB Stripes are, and how hard they are to get even through trading.

That being said, it bothers me a great deal that eggs can share the same description. I don't want to play the lottery every time I go to pick up a new egg. If I wanted to do that, as somebody else said, I'd just close my eyes and click.

Edited by Serisent

I don't like different eggs having the same description. Each egg is lovely and beautiful on it's own and making them have the same description is just an annoyance and will be an issue.

Not necessarily. You can always trade for 2nd-gen PB stripes, or even 3rd-gen. That's what I've resigned myself to, considering how rare CB Stripes are, and how hard they are to get even through trading.

Depends what you want them for, really.

If it's breeding for a lineage, only CBs might do.

If you just want a sprite, then probably it doesn't matter, at least as much..

I didn't realize that they shared the description. Man that just stinks of moldy cheese! The ratios in the game are extremely messed up as it is and now they put a common egg in with the same name of a uncommon. Add it to #3 reason why this game is going downhill.

Sometimes the artists themselves choose to have a same description(I know of at least one on the completed list the artist wants to be a strange markings egg). I assume that means that they accept the fact that their sprite will receive flak from it. At least I would hope that any artist who willingly chooses to have a same description feels that way.

This.

But I'd like to know if the person who came up with the Spitfire concept suggested the same egg description. Don't get me wrong, if not, I'd still never question TJ's decisions (at least not publically) - I'd just like to know.

I personally don't mind eggs sharing the same descrription. I know that I might not get the sort of dragon I was hoping for, when I click on those eggs, but I like all the dragon sprites - so I'm never really dissapointed.

And only during the mad rush to perhaps nab a Frill did I abandon some Ochres I got in the "strange markings" lottery to free my scroll up again. But I always feel bad about abandoning an egg I nabbed in the cave.. those 5 hours are enough for me to come up wtih possible names and I grow attached to those coloured pixels.

I guess I'm going to toss in what I've seen a couple times already. I like the shared descriptions to an extent, I think it's fun. Particularly when the description fits. This new one, however, irks me. Not because it doesn't fit, or I don't like the challenge, but because of the different rarities of the eggs in question. Stripes are probably my favorite dragon, and I'm working on quite a few lineages with them, but furthermore uncommon. Maybe that was just a trading thing, but I was always under the impression it was considered that rare in the general population ratios too. Having to sometimes try for a CB stripe, but getting so much more often the other dragon simply because of the rarity ratios is going to frustrate me. I've never been a huge fan of most of the strange markings eggs, so maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me those are fairly even in ratio for grabbing them up and getting the different species...