Ninetails

What are you allergic to?

Well that sure cuts a lot of food out of your life, Star. D:

~

My asthma's been getting worse, so I went for allergy testing a few months ago. I knew I was allergic to cats and pollen from when I got tested when I was four (and developed asthma), but apparently I'm also allergic to dogs and horses. The doc asked me if I'd ever had trouble around horses and I was totally confused because I had no idea. It sure explains a lot, though, lol. I'm mostly allergic to about 99% of all the grass types that live here, though. I tested as "very highly" allergic to all of those. xP

that's not my list, its a list I got which horrified me. I'm reacting to milk in lactose intollerance and pinesol.

I'm a cook so I see allergy lists frequntly, just not THIS large.

Most metals. Which is a pain in the A, as the only watch I have that I can wear - a gold one of my grandmother's - is old and unreliable....

Also ASA, and - improbably - valium.

I'm pretty sure I'm allergic (or at least extremely sensitive) to fire ant bites. Several weeks ago I was bitten once on the top on my foot and once on the back of my ankle. The one on my foot made my whole foot (including my toes) swell up and itch horribly - the bite itself had tripled in size within a minute or so. My brother was convinced it wasn't an ant bite until I told him that I saw the ants as I slapped them off. I have a scar on my ankle and on the top of my foot (that bite itself is still slightly raised). At any rate, fire ant bites are horrible for me.

I have an allergy to certain animals. Horses are one that I come in contact with nearly every week. Guinea pigs are by far the worst. I'm also mildly allergic to rats, but I love caring for the little animals so it's a worthwhile trade off :>

As with most people, I'm allergic to nickel as well. I often have to coat my jewelry in top-coat, but it peels off so easily and I'm left with itchy redness in about two minutes (pustules after an hour...:< ) I had this really cool claw bracelet that clamped around the wrist, but where there was nickel in, he took it away from me and threw it out behind my back, saying it was a "danger to my health" xd.png. I've learned to sniff my jewelry before I wear it now (since nickel has a nasty scent to it like brass does.)

Also, I have this stupid allergy...to walnut pollen. Not walnuts themselves, no! Just...walnut pollen. And when you live in a state with so many of them they're practically growing out of you, it can be a hassle to your immune system. The pollen in the air isn't so terrible, but if I ingest it...oh boy. Worst oral and interstinal discomfort ever.

It's usually just an issue in wild walnut plants (which I have a weakness for), but the pollen can find its way into packaging, though store-bought nuts are pretty safe. Interestingly, the worst reaction I had was with hulled nuts bought from an Amish store (a staple where I live), and I'd put 6 whole nuts in my oatmeal. Imagine the sensation of licking a plate full of fiberglass (so your tongue feels sore and like there's a billion pins stuck in your taste buds), then having claws made of glass trying to drag your intestines out of your body by force...D:

I'm unfortunately allergic to wheat. It forces me to eat healthy, while avoiding slightly less nutritious foods like pizza, bread, donuts, fried anything, etc. The allergy came up almost 5 years ago. The last thing I ate was a mc rib from a gas station, so I blame them. I am mildly lactose intolerant; It makes me break out.

I'm also lactose intolerant, (if I have too much dairy, I get a really bad stomach) but sometimes I still eat small amounts of dairy, since it isn't like..going to kill me, or anything. I probably shouldn't, but I do, besides, where I previously lived in Estonia, before moving to the UK, it was really a lot harder for me to find dairy free alternatives anyway. sad.gif

I'm also allergic to bee and wasp stings, I swell up awfully if stung. Luckily, they don't seem to go for me too often. idk why xd.png

Birch pollen, carrots, peanuts and some nuts if they have skin on (like not-peeled almonds), horses, dogs, cats. The birch pollen allergy is the most limiting, since sometimes I feel really sick for the whole spring. The food allergies are nothing serious, my tongue just itches a little and my throat swells up a bit if I eat like excessive amounts. The horse allergy is bad, I feel sick even if I sit next to someone who has been around horses lately. The cats and dogs are not so serious, I mean I've lived with cats for my whole life and just a pill of antihistamin gets rid of all the symptoms if I'm staying at a place with dogs.

Being asian, I have not been allergic to anything for over 20 years, up till my dad decided it would be a good idea to try a folk remedy of sorts to stop my chronic nosebleeds with the root of a 'creeper that grows anywhere that i don't know the name of but i'll recognize it when i see it', and proceeded to procure one from a nearby football field.

And that is how I experienced ballooning of my forearms with a wondrous pink-and-white cloud pattern.

Flower pollen, cut grass, blooming trees,...& Penicillin ~ so yes winter is like heaven for me and spring is hell ninja.gif

Some sort of pollen, I think. Not too bad, though. No foods or medicine or anything that I know of. And not bee/wasp/hornet stings that I know of. (Haven't ever been stung ;D)

im alergic to kiwi and tomato,its not fatal or poisonous its just make my skin fell like its burning

I'm allergic to ragweed and... That's pretty much it, though I did have a horrible allergic reaction to authentic saltwater aquarium salt a few years ago as well - but only the once.

I'm allergic to Cats but i still love them, The adhesive in band-aids and mildly allergic frozen strawberries

i think i might be very mildly allergic to fur on like dogs and stuff, but other than that nothing from what i can tell.