Ninetails

What are you allergic to?

After 30+ years of being allergy free I think I am becoming allergic to myself. I wake up stuffed up. As the day goes by and I'm not in my room I get better. I'm fine when I lay down to go to sleep and then I wake up stuffed up again.

It could be your sinuses, and not an allergy. If it happens even when you sleep somewhere other than your own bed (a hotel, someone else's house, etc.), then it's your sinuses. If it only happens when you sleep in your bedroom, it's probably an allergy.

I found out recently that I'm allergic to shrimp as well. I ate something with a lot of shrimps in it and in the next day I noticed a lot of small red spots on my shoulders.

i have an intolerance for milk chocolate and guacamole

not avacado, just guacamole?? idk it's weird

but i dont have any official allergies

I don't have any serious allergies. I have the normal like, seasonal allergies that react pretty bad to ragweed. Besides that, I also have a slight allergy to metal. Like, I can't wear most necklaces for more than a few days without breaking out, and sometimes it happens to my stomach too from the button on my jeans.

I have to buy all hypoallergenic jewelry, ahahah. laugh.gif

Hey all, I am DreamingForever.

I am allergic to Mint (all forms) which is totally horrible and very inconvenient. I am also allergic to strong artificial smells, and mexican food.

My brother is allergic to tofu, which I think is weird.

Edited by DreamingForever

My boyfriend's mother is allergic to certain kinds of meat, namely pork and most red meats like beef and lamb. She can eat poultry and fish, though.

She wasn't always allergic. I'm still not sure exactly how she became so.

I'm not allergic to red meat, but it certainly doesn't have a positive effect on my body.

An actual allergy I could have would be allergic to cigarette smoke, since once I breath it in I go into a severe coughing fit until blood comes out. I think it's all the different chemicals, although it may just be the nicotine.

I found out last summer that I was allergic to chicken and it was responsible for much of my eczema. Yeah, I know it's not a common allergy. Goodbye, boyfriend's delicious homemade nuggets. ;__;

Edited by lightbird

For the most part I have sensitivities not true allergies. Aspirin makes myblood thin more than is normal for people and I won't clot for almost a half hour. No aspirin for me before surguries.

Newly mown lawns, and pollen drive me batty with swollen face, itchy runny eyes and problems breathing.

Certain pain relievers of the Rx variety make me itch furiously.

Bee stings swell pretty well.

I am forgetting some. Did you know you can lose and acquire allergies and sensitivities throughout your life? Nice to know you can outgrow some of them, but getting some was no fun. Grass bees and aspirin were plenty.

I'm allergic to nickel.

I am also allergic to olives. they make me gag. they are bad for my taste buds wacko.gif

I'm allergic to any animal with fur (dogs, cats, rabbits, etc.), penicillin, flower/tree pollen, and a lot of lotions and soaps. I'm also gluten and lactose intolerant.

Edited by sparkle10184

I'm allergic to gluten which is in all wheat, rye, and barley products. Finding something to eat at a restaurant can be a challenge sometimes!

Aside from that I have a bunch of other allergies to metal, some bath products, ragweed, dust, and maybe vodka.

Just found out the hard way I'm allergic to penicillin. That was fun.

Edited by Syaoransbear

I'm allergic to pollen. Spring and summer is a real pain for me. >_<

Also, I'm allergic to this certain kind of shower gel. It gives me really itchy rashes, and makes me sneeze. It was fun finding that out.

Stupidity, grass, silver, bivalves (things like oysters), octopus, squid, juniper, peanuts(?), chocolate, cats (but I own one anyway <3 ), and crab.