Ninetails

What are you allergic to?

I'm allergic to mosquitoes (to the point I can get half dollar sized lumps if I don't manage to ignore them by sheer force of will) and some kind of grass that grows everywhere here in the mountains. If I touch it for too long, I get all red and scratchy and it looks like Freddy Krueger paid me a visit, minus blood.

On a more humorous note: I'm "allergic" to idiots. xd.png

After 30+ years of being allergy free I think I am becoming allergic to myself. I wake up stuffed up. As the day goes by and I'm not in my room I get better. I'm fine when I lay down to go to sleep and then I wake up stuffed up again.

Might be something in your bedroom. Mold, mites in your pillow or mattress, etc. (This is gross I know, but for several weeks I had a stuffy nose whenever I was in my bedroom. Then found a bag of moldy cheese bread under my bed. After I threw it out, my nose cleared up.)

My allergies are to natural rubber latex and bananas. The latex allergy started when I was about 10. It wasn't too bad at first, but a few years ago I had to ditch about half my wardrobe because they were making me itch like crazy (if the clothes are stretchy or sticky, chances are they have latex in them). It's a nightmare to buy clothes, because the only way you can tell if clothes are "safe" is to touch them, which burns if there is any latex. And the labels aren't always required to say if the clothes have latex in them somewhere.

I could eat bananas for a long time and I adored them, but three or four years ago I began to be allergic. They will sear my mouth (I once ate a dessert with bananas, and thought for a minute they had put in hot peppers). My family still offers bananas for me to eat, even when I keep telling them I won't enjoy eating it.

Also have a mild meat intolerance; I can't eat a meaty meal (hamburger, etc) more than twice a week or I will really regret it.

I might also be getting allergic to whole wheat; I bake whole wheat bread every week, and my hands will often burn after kneading it. My nose will also itch when I eat it. (I don't have a problem with white bread though.)

Edited by Cielmuir

All nuts, shellfish, perfume, dust. The perfum part sucks, because even though I always despised it in the first place, it's in EVERYTHING. Hand sanitizer, skin cream, shampoo, soap, you name it.

Edited by KoalaNoob

the sound of a baby's laughter. muahaha

ugh but seriously can we just talk about HOW ANNOYING THAT IS

I'm 10000000% sure that should be a real allergy

Edited by Lila

Nothing officially, however I swear that I swell up way to much when bitten by mosquitoes. (Unfortunately I'm fine cuisine to biting insects.) Most people get this tiny little dot but I get a sometimes a blotch with a radius from half an inch up to a full inch. They itch for a long time too :'(.

cat hair - anywhere from no reaction to throat closure. It depends on the cat.

fantastik - cleaner - break out in hives.

Lysol - the air neutraliser - the (unsented) makes me cough and react with dry heaves for up to a week after use.

snuggle - softener - makes me secverely sneeze and wheeze

Downy sheets - drier sheets - makes me severely sneeze

Tide - laundry detergent - makes me severely itch

Mint Head and shoulders. - forgot why I was alergic to it the other day a nd had a burning head.

Mosquito bites (something now called skeeter syndrom) I get 4 inch welts.

Perfumes often trigger migriane

redwine triggers migraine

weather can trigger migraine

Edited by Starscream

I am Gluten intolerant. I do not have celiac disease I don't eat gluten free because its cool. It SUCKS! And there is wheat flour in more things than you think.

I'm allergic to oh all things GINGER.. It has always tasted like soap to me and I can taste it in most things.

I'm allergic to my pets.... It just happened one day my eyes where itchy and watery and my nose was all runny but I LOVE my dog and cat and would never send them away. I just wont get another after they pass.

Lactiose intollerant.... and I LOVE milk cheese and ice cream....

Orange juice. I can only have about one pint a month at the very max, and even then. And if I drink too much, I get a free ride to the ER, with a bonus 107 degree fever, free of charge! Now that's what I call a deal! But the weirdest thing is that I can eat normal oranges just fine. I never knew why...

This thread will be useful if DC ever gets its censorkip.gif together enough to go to comicon and we have finger tasties and someone goes puffy and fainty on us.

All pitted fruit, including but not limited to olives, peaches, plums, cherries, avacado, dates, prune products, apricots, nectarines.

Pineapple.

Latex.

Wooo go me.

I'm allergic to certain body lotions. Usually ones with a lot of scents in them.

I am intolerant to many exotic (like Indian) foods, and I am allergic to some tomato sauces.

Edited by abe27633

My doc said I'm allergic to corn stach and celery. I think his diagnosis is a fail, since I don't eat cornflakes and I HATE celery, lol. I actually get burn-like red blotches on my forearms' skin after contact with some household chemicals, shower gel (too much foam? baww, but I luv foam ;c)...

Another thing I'm allergic to is, um, I guess hot temperature, I sneeze quite often when the air is dry. Poplar seeds cause the same reaction. Year ago was much worse, I seem to slowly get better.

I'm allergic to most of the plants that grow in my area OnO

I also have recently discovered allergies to bananas (the tissue in my mouth sloughs off), dairy, and chocolate. It's quite ridiculous.

Pollen dust, animal dander. The usual, up until a month ago I found out I was allergic to guinea pig saliva, I break out in hives if it comes in contact with my skin.

I have Celiac Disease so practically any gluten/wheat products...

and also allergic to nickel jewelry...

and some fish...

dry.gif

Mint or menthol substances... makes it complicated to get a toothpaste or a mouthwash, not to mention chewing gums, since I'm not very much into sweet taste.

A little intolerance for a raw milk, but processed is OK.

Sometimes I react to pekan nuts, but it's not bad and not always, so I'm taking the risk occasionaly.

I recently found out that I'm allergic to tree nuts. I hate nuts anyways, so I don't really care.

I also have a very slight allergy to cats. I react if their fur goes anywhere near my face. I love cats, and I hate the fact that I'm allergic to them.