TJ09

2010-07-04 - Beat The Heat Egg Release

My eggys are about to hatch! biggrin.gif I'm happy!

/Dances

mine just hatched

I forgot to influence tho

DX

Thats what im beginning to wonder, or were they taken off a while back, like last release, or put on and then taken off quickly.

In fact they were on the progress list for aaaages - these are oldies. They were already there when I joined ~2 years ago.

Edited by Carthasis

In fact they were on the progress list for aaaages - these are oldies. They were already there when I joined ~2 years ago.

Then I'm glad that we've gotten some of the older ones onto the list.

I bet the makers were dying to see their release one day. ^^

I never actually thought that they'll be easy to catch! got 2 of the sea and 1 with the markings on it. I guess i'm lucky. *cant wait to see them turn into adults*

If I'm not mistaken, the fire dragon is 'Erebus'. the other one I'm not very sure (yet). Must catch them now. xd.png

There is a part of the forums where new dragons are "made". The Dragons Requests forum. There is a list of all dragons completet. There they stay until the time they are going to appear in the cave.

Edited by ulki

Wah, they're pretty easy to catch , right? I feel... strange.

Edited by Moon Stone

If I'm not mistaken, the fire dragon is 'Erebus'. the other one I'm not very sure (yet). Must catch them now. xd.png

I doubt so. Erebus don't have wings. As far as i know while i was stalking the Erebus thread before xd.png

I'm going to be the grump here, but I'm really frustrated about the brightly coloured one.

I've been trying to get a CB stripe for ages, now I'll have to reserve an egg spot to catch and drop the new eggs in the hope of getting a stripe.......or give up! sad.gif

I don't mind the new eggs, although the mod mayhems are still my favourite, maybe the adults will be more attractive though.

Well, personally, I don't - CAN'T, actually - waste time, space and frustration on the Strange Markings group when I want one type from it and - unfortunately, since I also AM always seeking Stripes which I need for breeding - won't bother looking for those anymore.

Better to focus on getting good trade eggs you CAN identify and trade for CB Stripes without wasting possibly weeks of delaying breeding (you usually can't, of course, but would have to) and other plans due to perpetual wrong-egg lock.

It's SO not worth it, unless you don't breed for others and are willing to devote the bulk of your time and effort toward just that search.

Possibly in order to trade for things you want more, using the sprites you eventually find.

It's too bad because I still have to choke down that little thrill at the sight of the 'brightly coloured' because they've always been associated with the Stripes I love and need, and it'll take time to get over the reflexive urge to click on them, but while I will want a number of the new ones, especially if they're half as awesome as I hear, Stripes are now a write-off for many of us except through trade.

*sniffles sadly*

And what's really awful is that these new eggs, no matter how spectacular they may be, will inevitably come to be regarded as an irritating obstacle to many Stripe hunters simply because, through no fault of their own, they aren't what those people are looking for but cannot be identified and therefore represent nothing more than yet another annoying 5-hour block toward even making a beginning toward yet another annoying 5-hour block...

We knew this through experience already - and also that the more examples of this occur, the more irritation levels are likely to arise.

The only way that I can see to avoid this endless cycle of frustration is either to drop all hope of finding Stripes and trade for them, or, if not a breeder and up on your own collection, spend the time searching and use any Stripes obtained to trade for dragons wanted and also difficult to obtain, if for different reasons.

At least that way, a cottage industry is born, rather than that the spriter of a perfectly wonderful dragon (or so I've heard all over) has feelings continually hurt through the effects of this shared description and the annoyance it creates.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it'll work out, but based on previous painful experience, I'd say work around it now before what seems to me to be perfectly predictable trouble builds yet again...

I doubt so. Erebus don't have wings. As far as i know while i was stalking the Erebus thread before xd.png

I remembered erebus has many color variation.. but also, no wings. Now you've put me in doubt. xd.png

btw, they took amber off the list too, DO WANT! (hopefully in the next release). xd.png

Omg, that means I've given them at least a cursory glance!

*Is intrigued*

Hey, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it'll work out, but based on previous painful experience, I'd say work around it now before what seems to me to be perfectly predictable trouble builds yet again...

Wise words, your posts are always so well thought out and worth the time to read <3

I will be filling up on the new eggs for a few weeks to do my part and help rebalance the ratios. Will also be crusading against sprite bashing and other un-pleasantries.

At least that way, a cottage industry is born, rather than that the spriter of a perfectly wonderful dragon (or so I've heard all over) has feelings continually hurt through the effects of this shared description and the annoyance it creates.

I think that quite a few people like the thrill of not knowing what they will get. And the thrill of getting a stripe even if you did not expect it.

But surely there will be some that, like you, do not like shared descriptions

edited: typos, yet again

Edited by ulki

I think that quite a few people like the thrill of not knowing what they will get. And the thrill of getting a stripe even if you did not expect it.

Dunno about anyone else, but I prefer it when the breed of egg you grab is determined by skill and not random chance. Currently, the only way I can see this working out is if the stripe ratio gets tweaked to bring it more in line with the ratio for the new breed or the ratio for the new breed is set to be equivalent to the stripes. Either way, a goodly percentage of people are going to find themselves disappointed, which is a shame. We've seen where this leads already and it sucked the first time.

Yup, some people do like surprises, and these ones will be fine.

Others don't have days or weeks to waste carrying the wrong eggs around in 5-hour increments while everything else is put on hold.

So I'm suggesting for those who WILL be upset and unhappy, that a more productive and less stressful option might be chosen.

When a problem can be forseen, so often a way of reducing the effects of that problem, or of avoiding them entirely, can also be.

Quite likely someone else can suggest something better.

But it's generally better to be proactive, where possible.

Edit: lol, I AM the Typo Queen!

Edited by Syphoneira

o.O I don't know if it's just late so a lot of people aren't on or people aren't as interested in these or what, but I stared at one of the new ones for almost a minute before clicking on it, and still got it. o.O