TJ09

2010-07-04 - Beat The Heat Egg Release

Personally, I'm not interested in CB stripes at this time. So this isn't going to directly affect me anyway. But it's going to affect other people negatively, and ultimately it's going to affect this new dragon negatively, and that's why I care.

I don't think someone should have to fork over something really good just to get a stripe, when stripes could have simply kept their own description and people could have caught stripes for themselves. Back when CB skywings were super-rare, I still tried catching them in the cave anyway, because by God I am NOT trading a metallic or CB black just for a mere skywing.

The only way I see this situation being avoided is if this new dragon has a highly desirable BSA. Which is certainly possible, who knows?

I got enough skywings when they were rare, so that´s why I didn´t have a problem then.

The only time it really bugged me was when Frills were being phased out and TJ had stopped the cave dropping of those without telling. But other than that I never had much problems, and I am not expecting them for me now.

Then you could, as Syphoneira suggested grab things you can identify and try to trade them for CB striped eggs. They are being offered every now and then.

Who wants to hunt for stripes to trade when over 75% of the time you're going to get the new egg? If I'm gonna hunt for stripes, it's gonna be for my own use, unless someone offers some nice gold or something, which not too many people who have nice golds don't have enough CB stripes to get by. I wouldn't want to waste 6 hours trying to find a stripe, finally find one, then trade it over for a dino.

I don't think someone should have to fork over something really good just to get a stripe, when stripes could have simply kept their own description and people could have caught stripes for themselves.

The fact that CB Stripes were almost impossible to find before this release means that there really wont be that big of a problem. It's almost like Stripes are being phased out and the new ones are coming in to assume their description. However, you might get lucky and land on a CB Stripe egg.

Who wants to hunt for stripes to trade when over 75% of the time you're going to get the new egg? If I'm gonna hunt for stripes, it's gonna be for my own use, unless someone offers some nice gold or something, which not too many people who have nice golds don't have enough CB stripes to get by. I wouldn't want to waste 6 hours trying to find a stripe, finally find one, then trade it over for a dino.

I agree. Except I think it's going to take a lot more than 6 hours to find a stripe these days.

The fact that CB Stripes were almost impossible to find before this release means that there really wont be that big of a problem. It's almost like Stripes are being phased out and the new ones are coming in to assume their description. However, you might get lucky and land on a CB Stripe egg.

Someone said earlier that they caught 2 or 3 CB stripes the day before this release. Yes, CB stripes are rare or extremely uncommon. But that doesn't mean this release will have no effect. Prior to this release, even if you didn't see one for weeks at a time, if you saw a "brightly colored markings" egg in the cave, you could grab it and know you're getting a stripe. Now, that is no longer true.

So yes, this will be a big problem. Anyone who wants to catch a CB stripe for themselves and not have to fork over an arm and a leg for it or be locked with censorkip.gif eggs time after time is going to be very negatively affected by this.

I'm not personally interested in CB stripes at this time, so it won't affect me. But it bothers me when the game changes in such a way as to make gameplay a lot more frustrating for a lot of people.

Edited by Renorei

Don't all of you have enough cb stripes? They're almost a year in the cave. How in the world could someone not get some cb stripes during all the year?

Don't all of you have enough cb stripes? They're almost a year in the cave. How in the world could someone not get some cb stripes during all the year?

Well, what about new players who have just joined recently or who will join after this release? What about people who have specific lineage projects planned involving stripes, and they need to catch new CB stripes for those projects? What about people who have suffered under a slow computer for a year and they finally get a new computer with which they *could* have caught CB stripes, only now it's practically impossible because of this new dragon?

There's all kinds of people who will need CB stripes. Like I said already, I'm not one of them. I've only got 2 CB Stripes, but I'm not interested in getting anymore because I don't really need them for anything. But other people do.

Edited by Renorei

well technically there is the demond for new lineages that require CBs and also newer users.

Lol go look at Cinnamin Draconna's scroll. She's got dozens of CB Stripes, but needs more for all her amazing lineage projects.

Well, what about new players who have just joined recently or who will join after this release? What about people who have specific lineage projects planned involving stripes, and they need to catch new CB stripes for those projects? What about people who have suffered under a slow computer for a year and they finally get a new computer with which they *could* have caught CB stripes, only now it's practically impossible because of this new dragon?

There's all kinds of people who will need CB stripes. Like I said already, I'm not one of them. I've only got 2 CB Stripes, but I'm not interested in getting anymore because I don't really need them for anything. But other people do.

Well, what about the cb metallics then? Or old holidays, like Hollies? Or Leetle Trees, that are never to return?

Well, what about the cb metallics then? Or old holidays, like Hollies? Or Leetle Trees, that are never to return?

The thing with Holiday dragon is that they were dropped to commemorate your stay on DC during a certain time, sort of a miletone marker if you will. It's accepted that people who weren't on at the time will not be able to get First Editions.

Metallics are rare dragons, I believe the only "rare" ones so far on the site, and thus fewer people expect to have CBs of them. The thing that makes Stripes different is that they were not released as rares, but rather uncommons.

Leetle trees aren't that big of a deal, since they aren't a dragon.

With hollies and CB metallics, people can still catch those. They might be super rare, but they can still be caught. If you don't catch one, so be it. But at least with them, there's not a bunch of other eggs that look the same or an egg with the same description, throwing you off. Imagine if an egg was introduced that had the same description as the silver or gold egg, or the same appearance as the Holly egg. People would be upset, and rightfully so.

I haven't caught a CB gold on my own yet. That bums me out a little, but it's no big deal, because I bet one day I will catch one. But if a new egg was put in the cave with the same description as the CB gold, and I grabbed them time after time hoping I had caught a gold, then I would definitely get upset. Most people would be upset.

EDIT: And as Drakrono said, these dragons are rares and thus it should be insanely difficult to get them. Stripes are uncommons. It shouldn't be that hard.

Edited by Renorei

I have one. They've been pretty hard to get since I've joined, being that when they were uncommon I had horrible catching skills, and now they're like rares.

I thought Kila had plans for the Leetle trees to come back?

I have one. They've been pretty hard to get since I've joined, being that when they were uncommon I had horrible catching skills, and now they're like rares.

I thought Kila had plans for the Leetle trees to come back?

she has plans for the trees, but them coming back was not a part of them.

she has plans for the trees, but them coming back was not a part of them.

Ah, alright. Guess my head twisted it around. XD

With hollies and CB metallics, people can still catch those. They might be super rare, but they can still be caught. If you don't catch one, so be it. But at least with them, there's not a bunch of other eggs that look the same or an egg with the same description, throwing you off. Imagine if an egg was introduced that had the same description as the silver or gold egg, or the same appearance as the Holly egg. People would be upset, and rightfully so.

I haven't caught a CB gold on my own yet. That bums me out a little, but it's no big deal, because I bet one day I will catch one. But if a new egg was put in the cave with the same description as the CB gold, and I grabbed them time after time hoping I had caught a gold, then I would definitely get upset. Most people would be upset.

I have 4 cb golds, as well as Holly, and they were rather hard to get. That is the fun to get rares. See no difference in really rare appearance in the cave or different eggs with the same description.

So, guess, stripes would just change their group from "Uncommon" to "Rare".

By the way, you might be false assuming the new breed would be pretty common (at least, more common then stripes). What if they would be more rare then stripes themselves?

I have 4 cb golds, as well as Holly, and they were rather hard to get. That is the fun to get rares. See no difference in really rare appearance in the cave or different eggs with the same description.

Agreed on this. I hunted hours for my CB golds and I also got a Holly because I was extremely lucky. Rares are supposed to be hard to get.

Agreed on this. I hunted hours for my CB golds and I also got a Holly because I was extremely lucky. Rares are supposed to be hard to get.

Stripes aren't rares, so I don't see how this really relates to getting stripes.

Rares are hard to get because the ratios don't allow many to be made.

Uncommons are a bit easier to get than rares.

Stripes are uncommons, so they shouldn't be as hard to get as rares.

Plus, there's a big difference between sitting in the cave refreshing for days until you get that CB gold than locking yourself with unwanted eggs for 5 hours, over and over for days until you get that CB stripe. Meanwhile the AP's overflowing with those unwanted eggs because people are dumping them ASAP to try and get a stripe again. This causes people that aren't even hunting for stripes to be affected and get irritated. Then *poof*, one user makes a thread about it, some agree, and bad turns to worse.

/end rant

I didn't even bother to try and snatch any of the new eggs yesterday when there was a stampede of people all trying to get some.

I'm glad I was patient and waited until the mad rush died down because I managed to catch one of each egg within a minute of hunting in the cave.

i am still wondering about my firework on my scroll

You only got them if you came online during the first day of release.

I'm not sure that some of us can ever have enough CB Stripes. I trade 2nd gen Golds for any CB Stripes people are willing to let go. I personally would love to get about 30 more to complete my breeding projects with Stripes.

As of now, I have to rely on the goodness of other stripe lovers who are willing to trade 2nd gens.

It's all in what is important to you. ::shrug::

Due to breeding ratios striped are rare atm, I fear.

and the badge: I think on the 4th of July americans have fireworks and the badge was given out then.

Stripes aren't rares, so I don't see how this really relates to getting stripes.

Rares are hard to get because the ratios don't allow many to be made.

Uncommons are a bit easier to get than rares.

Stripes are uncommons, so they shouldn't be as hard to get as rares.

Plus, there's a big difference between sitting in the cave refreshing for days until you get that CB gold than locking yourself with unwanted eggs for 5 hours, over and over for days until you get that CB stripe. Meanwhile the AP's overflowing with those unwanted eggs because people are dumping them ASAP to try and get a stripe again. This causes people that aren't even hunting for stripes to be affected and get irritated. Then *poof*, one user makes a thread about it, some agree, and bad turns to worse.

/end rant

As I already said, it might turn out the new breed is much more rare than stripes.

And also, why people always want to make the game easier and more comfortable? As a player, I prefer challenge, I like it to be hard! Even now, I feel the game's too easy, and there're only a few things truly hard to get, and I have almost anything. So, I'd be happy with stripes. Perhaps, if they would be those difficult to get, I begin to hunt for them.

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that rares are supposed to be hard to get. And I have no problem with that--if I have to hunt the cave for weeks to even see a CB gold, well so be it. But at least there's not another egg out there that has the exact same description as the golds, getting people's hopes up everytime they click it only to be let down again when it's just another whatever, and plus being stuck with it (and probably scroll-locked) for 5 hours. Not everyone has an infinite amount of time to play on DC. Some people may only be able to play for around 30 minutes a day. It's unfair to those people that their limited hunting time might be spoiled by eggs they don't want and now they can't hunt anymore because they are stuck with those eggs.

Stripes aren't supposed to be rare, but even if they are going to be rare, that would be fine, if there wasn't some other egg masquerading as a strip egg, tricking people into hoping it's a stripe and clicking on it, only to be stuck for 5 hours with something they didn't want.

It would be better for stripes be given the same ratio as CB metallics, but keep a unique description, than for them to have the ratio they have now and a shared description. At least then, when you see a stripe, you'd know it's a stripe.

Outer Space, true, these dragons might be rarer than stripes. I guess we'll see.