TJ09

2010-07-04 - Beat The Heat Egg Release

o.O I don't know if it's just late so a lot of people aren't on or people aren't as interested in these or what, but I stared at one of the new ones for almost a minute before clicking on it, and still got it. o.O

People are probably nice and locked by now smile.gif

o.O I don't know if it's just late so a lot of people aren't on or people aren't as interested in these or what, but I stared at one of the new ones for almost a minute before clicking on it, and still got it. o.O

Probably really late in the night and a lot of people are filled up with them.

As for catching of cave eggs: probably it´s best to catch what is common before the ratios changed and it goes rare again xd.png

Yup, lots of us are locked with lovely new eggs - and waiting for someone else to entertain us, while we wait for hatchings and spaces for upcoming eggs, with scintillating conversation...

Yup, lots of us are locked with lovely new eggs - and waiting for someone else to entertain us, while we wait for hatchings and spaces for upcoming eggs, with scintillating conversation...

I am so curious for them to grow up smile.gif

I am so curious for them to grow up smile.gif

Everyone who knows says they're awesome.

Of course, I wouldn't know and may never know if I die of curiosity before TJ's finally grow up...

Edit: just noticed your 'Undead Without Coffee' saying.

Quite a coincidence!

I'm undead WITH coffee, a remarkable improvement over without.

Re-edit: just checked again.

No miracles, TJ's still haven't grown up astounding early...

Drat...

Edited by Syphoneira

Everyone who knows says they're awesome.

Of course, I wouldn't know and may never know if I die of curiosity before TJ's finally grow up...

Edit: just noticed your 'Undead Without Coffee' saying.

Quite a coincidence!

I'm undead WITH coffee, a remarkable improvement over without.

Re-edit: just checked again.

No miracles, TJ's still haven't grown up astounding early...

Drat...

LOL, hope you like the title xd.png

and I heard it too that they are awesome well let´s see how they will look smile.gif

In fact they were on the progress list for aaaages - these are oldies. They were already there when I joined ~2 years ago.

OH boy, no. I know mine weren't here two years ago. They were finished a while back, but not 2 years ago. D: lolz.

ill have to take everyone's word for it that the grown up dragons are epic

xd.png

Well I was rarely really disappointed with new dragon sprites smile.gif

So chnaces are they will be epic laugh.gif

more new eggs... and some of us are still trying to get the new ones from the release back in april... gee thanks tj... -grumbles and stalks off again-

Wow. I feel so out of the loop, and even then I was able to obtain two of one of them... xd.png;

Well, I thank my mother (who passed 8 years ago, and who's birthday is today) for somehow pushing me to remember I had a DC account xd.png; Can't wait to see them all grown up and for me to get the other one xd.png;

Lord, it does seem like it's taking forever for TJ's babies to grow up! It seems like it's taking much longer than with the last release, but maybe it's just me! lol Since quite a few people are saying how epic they're going to be grown, it just makes it seem that much longer due to my impatience! I can't wait to see them! smile.gif

Lord, it does seem like it's taking forever for TJ's babies to grow up! It seems like it's taking much longer than with the last release, but maybe it's just me! lol Since quite a few people are saying how epic they're going to be grown, it just makes it seem that much longer due to my impatience! I can't wait to see them! smile.gif

I think you just think it takes long because you are so curious, I think it took longer for the eggs to hatch last time.

Actually, when it comes to eggs, TJ almost always abstract a couple of days from them, to hatch faster. But with hatchlings it's a different thing, he just lets them grow up normally. Anyway, they'll be adults by tomorrow at this time + two hours.

Yay! Got two of each! Thank you TJ!

P.S. TJ, your hatchlings are all sick. Maybe you should take them off before something bad happens. Or you could edit your first post to say not to click on the hatchlings.

Yay! Got two of each! Thank you TJ!

P.S. TJ, your hatchlings are all sick. Maybe you should take them off before something bad happens. Or you could edit your first post to say not to click on the hatchlings.

TJ´s hatchies are immortal, they NEVER die from sickness xd.png

Well, personally, I don't - CAN'T, actually - waste time, space and frustration on the Strange Markings group when I want one type from it and - unfortunately, since I also AM always seeking Stripes which I need for breeding - won't bother looking for those anymore.

Better to focus on getting good trade eggs you CAN identify and trade for CB Stripes without wasting possibly weeks of delaying breeding (you usually can't, of course, but would have to) and other plans due to perpetual wrong-egg lock.

It's SO not worth it, unless you don't breed for others and are willing to devote the bulk of your time and effort toward just that search.

Possibly in order to trade for things you want more, using the sprites you eventually find.

It's too bad because I still have to choke down that little thrill at the sight of the 'brightly coloured' because they've always been associated with the Stripes I love and need, and it'll take time to get over the reflexive urge to click on them, but while I will want a number of the new ones, especially if they're half as awesome as I hear, Stripes are now a write-off for many of us except through trade.

*sniffles sadly*

And what's really awful is that these new eggs, no matter how spectacular they may be, will inevitably come to be regarded as an irritating obstacle to many Stripe hunters simply because, through no fault of their own, they aren't what those people are looking for but cannot be identified and therefore represent nothing more than yet another annoying 5-hour block toward even making a beginning toward yet another annoying 5-hour block...

We knew this through experience already - and also that the more examples of this occur, the more irritation levels are likely to arise.

The only way that I can see to avoid this endless cycle of frustration is either to drop all hope of finding Stripes and trade for them, or, if not a breeder and up on your own collection, spend the time searching and use any Stripes obtained to trade for dragons wanted and also difficult to obtain, if for different reasons.

At least that way, a cottage industry is born, rather than that the spriter of a perfectly wonderful dragon (or so I've heard all over) has feelings continually hurt through the effects of this shared description and the annoyance it creates.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong, maybe it'll work out, but based on previous painful experience, I'd say work around it now before what seems to me to be perfectly predictable trouble builds yet again...

I have to agree with this. I've been hunting for CB stripes for weeks, and it was already incredibly difficult. I hunted for like two hours the other night and I saw trios, papers, and even a CB silver go by, but not a single solitary stripe. Now it will be impossible. You'd think TJ would have learned his lesson about forcing dragons into direct competition with each other from the Frill fiasco. I just hope this new one wasn't made by the same artist as the frill, or else I'm just not going to collect them much in anticipation of their inevitable yanking.

I hope that teleport gets working soon, that's all I can say. I stopped using the drop-and-grab trading system months ago because either I or the other person was losing the egg about 1 time in 5 and it was just gettig ridiculous. For some reason my connection is terrific for grabbing things from the cave, even new or rare stuff, but not particularly successful at trading. :-(

Well, I know which dragon the "bright markings" one is. I remember seeing its picture on the completed list some time ago and liking it a lot. I can't remember the name of it though, nor do I have a picture of it (and I wouldn't share either of them if I did). Anyway, it's a beautiful dragon.

Regarding them sharing their description with the stripes...haven't we been through this before? While it's true that a handful of people might think it's fun to be surprised at what egg they get when they grab from the cave, it's pretty clear that the majority of users are unhappy with this system. And I foresee it being even worse this time around, if these dragons are going to be commons, because CB stripes are practically rares. The sprite might be beautiful, but these dragons are going to end up hated if people catch censorkip.gif after censorkip.gif after censorkip.gif while trying so hard to catch a CB stripe. The 5 hour wait before they can abandon them and resume hunting again will ramp up the negative feelings.

Edited by Renorei

I didn´t have that much of a problem with dragons sharing descriptions.

Striped are rare right now because there are too many but if the ratios even out there will be more again. However I don´t think there´s anything wrong with picking up the eggs and redrop if it´s not the one you are looking for.

I didn´t have that much of a problem with dragons sharing descriptions.

Striped are rare right now because there are too many but if the ratios even out there will be more again. However I don´t think there´s anything wrong with picking up the eggs and redrop if it´s not the one you are looking for.

Except the ratios probably won't even out. People will always heavily breed their stripes to get colored stripes, so CB stripes will always be somewhat hard to come by. Even back when they were more common in the cave, they were still really hard to get.

And picking up and re-dropping would be fine, if you could do it immediately and not have to wait 5 hours. It would also be fine if you had to do it only a few times at most. But unless these dragons are going to be uncommon or rare, people will pick them up time after time after time and be locked by them over and over. Most people will be good-natured about it at first, but eventually people will start taking their frustrations out on the dragon...just like what happened with frills.

Edited by Renorei

Except the ratios probably won't even out. People will always heavily breed their stripes to get colored stripes, so CB stripes will always be somewhat hard to come by. Even back when they were more common in the cave, they were still really hard to get.

And picking up and re-dropping would be fine, if you could do it immediately and not have to wait 5 hours. It would also be fine if you had to do it only a few times at most. But unless these dragons are going to be uncommon or rare, people will pick them up time after time after time and be locked by them over and over. Most people will be good-natured about it at first, but eventually people will start taking their frustrations out on the dragon...just like what happened with frills.

Then you could, as Syphoneira suggested grab things you can identify and try to trade them for CB striped eggs. They are being offered every now and then.

Arggh! I was away all weekend. Please please please, someone tell me these are still dropping??

Then you could, as Syphoneira suggested grab things you can identify and try to trade them for CB striped eggs. They are being offered every now and then.

Personally, I'm not interested in CB stripes at this time. So this isn't going to directly affect me anyway. But it's going to affect other people negatively, and ultimately it's going to affect this new dragon negatively, and that's why I care.

I don't think someone should have to fork over something really good just to get a stripe, when stripes could have simply kept their own description and people could have caught stripes for themselves. Back when CB skywings were super-rare, I still tried catching them in the cave anyway, because by God I am NOT trading a metallic or CB black just for a mere skywing.

The only way I see this situation being avoided is if this new dragon has a highly desirable BSA. Which is certainly possible, who knows?