bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Since it attempts to use the API to check the egg's timer: Nope, sorry sad.gif

Ahh maaaan! :/ I really hope it gets fixed asap. Allure is so helpful in many ways.

Thanks for the info, Ruby Eyes.

I noticed it early yesterday, but was too busy to start investigating until late last night, sorry! I was hoping it was just a temporary hiccup that would resolve itself... I'm looking into it at this point, but it might take a bit still, so I'll at least clear out the ER so those dragons stop getting pummelled.

Just gonna quote this for the new page.

Thanks so much for your dilligence, bbik. Good luck in getting things up and running again - and no worries if rl stuff comes first. <3

Ah well at least I know I'm not the only one to not be able to use it. I hope it gets cleared up soon^^

I noticed it early yesterday, but was too busy to start investigating until late last night, sorry! I was hoping it was just a temporary hiccup that would resolve itself... I'm looking into it at this point, but it might take a bit still, so I'll at least clear out the ER so those dragons stop getting pummelled.

Thanks for working on it for us. It's such a great site.

I'm glad I thought to check here.

Thanks for looking into this, bbik! I hope it's an easy fix, once you figure out what's wrong.

I really hope this gets fixed soon. Had to quit all of my ND experiments after the ND ARs weren't working. I'm glad you're working on it, bbik!

Not much in the way of an update... The host says it's not on their end (none of their other servers have this problem, only the one AoND lives on). I contacted TJ and we confirmed that the IP I thought was AoND's wasn't blocked, but it turned out that IP wasn't quite right, and I haven't heard anything back about the updated IP. So I'm stuck waiting for someone to tell me what's changed and why, just as much as all of you are. sad.gif

Not much in the way of an update... The host says it's not on their end (none of their other servers have this problem, only the one AoND lives on). I contacted TJ and we confirmed that the IP I thought was AoND's wasn't blocked, but it turned out that IP wasn't quite right, and I haven't heard anything back about the updated IP. So I'm stuck waiting for someone to tell me what's changed and why, just as much as all of you are. sad.gif

Thank you for keeping us up to date. And remeber don't stress or anything. wink.gif

Not much in the way of an update...  The host says it's not on their end (none of their other servers have this problem, only the one AoND lives on).  I contacted TJ and we confirmed that the IP I thought was AoND's wasn't blocked, but it turned out that IP wasn't quite right, and I haven't heard anything back about the updated IP.  So I'm stuck waiting for someone to tell me what's changed and why, just as much as all of you are. sad.gif

I finally heard back. Sure enough, AoND had its API access blocked, presumably due to the sickness check, which does not go through the API since that information doesn't even exist in the API. As such, I have disabled that option. I also requested that information be added to the API (I know people have done so before, in various fashions, as well, including at least one thread in the Suggestions subforum -- if someone could find and link it so it can get bumped with fresh requests, maybe that would help!), because clearly people want it, if so many of you used the option on AoND that it triggered the API access being blocked!

Hopefully API access is re-instated soon. Once it is, everything should "just work" again. Except the sickness check.

Edit: Found a couple threads, but they don't seem to be what I'm vaguely recalling... We'll see what others turn up, and maybe tomorrow I can do a better check myself.

* Possible API Improvements, Ideas for TJ to maybe implement

* Add the new features to the API

* Ways to Reduce Viewbombing Attempts, Fansite API Login +more

Edit 2: It's also possible that what I'm remembering wasn't its own thread, but rather a collection of posts in the Cave Feedback thread. But if so, I definitely don't have time to go through all of that to quote and bump (or start a new thread with) the relevant posts.

Edited by bbik

Oh - OK. (Wonder if that's the same with EDS. Their API access seems to have gone down too.)

I can't find that thread anywhere....

Thanks bbik. I do hope the site is back up soon! It is my favorite and I miss it terribly.

@fuzz - I doubt EDS has the same problem. For one thing the site is totally down, as in the page doesn't even load. Also that site goes down frequently for varying lengths of time -- not sure why, but I doubt it is an API issue.

Thank you for looking into it bbik! I'm glad to hear the problem has been identified and hope to see the site back up soon smile.gif

Thanks for the update and I hope the site is up and running soon.

Those are some real good news there. Thanks and lets cross fingers that everything will get normal again. biggrin.gif

Things are in the ER again and I was able to add my dragons to the fansite, so it appears things are working again. Hopefully I don't jinx it by posting here! *knocks on wood*

Thanks for getting things working again, bbik!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

The site is fixed again. Thanks. I coud add my dragons to the nursery. But because there are still only a few dragons in, they get a lot more views in a short time than usual.

Great to see it back, just added my scroll.

Thank you for all your hard work in fixing it, much appreciated!

Edited by quinney

Hooray! I'm so glad this is back up and running, thank you so much for the speedy attentiveness bbik! <3

I agree. I have used this one since I started playing the game and I hate it when it's down.