bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Well, I noticed it first with the lineage viewer, which is simply blank xd.png

I can't even GET to that - there's no link.

There are enough links to that on the forum. I'd reckon that the lineage viewer was the best marketing idea for this site ever xd.png

E.g. today, it was this post here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9106398 which got me to the lineage viewer.

I have 2 ideas about what might be broken with the site:

1. some files went missing / were overwritten / got deleted.

2. the php interpreter broke or got misconfigured, for whatever reason. Apparently the little blob of text on the front page is embedded HTML and the only thing that actually gets sent to the browser.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Well, I suspect bbik is onto it - now everything seems to be blank or unloadable !

Good point though - I went to that link too, but thought it just only held up for a certain time !

I'm sure bbik is already fixing it and it'll be up and running again in no time.

I've noticed that we (most players) only seem to come to fansite pages to complain that something broke. That's not really fair.

Thank you for your hard work making and running such an awesome hatchery bbik. smile.gif

I know what you mean - but we do also come to say awesome, thanks for fixing it !

I've noticed that we (most players) only seem to come to fansite pages to complain that something broke. That's not really fair.

Thank you for your hard work making and running such an awesome hatchery bbik. smile.gif

It's the nature of the beast. But thanks, Cireth!

I am actually really busy today but I know exactly what happened, just not why. I have contacted the host to look into it. Hopefully we will have an answer soon!

(Gosh typing on a phone sucks!)

It's the nature of the beast.  But thanks, Cireth!

I am actually really busy today but I know exactly what happened, just not why.  I have contacted the host to look into it.  Hopefully we will have an answer soon!

Thank you smile.gif

Oh yes, it does! xd.png And my "favourite" autocorrection incident on a phone was "problem" being turned into "Ottilie"!

It's the nature of the beast. But thanks, Cireth!

I am actually really busy today but I know exactly what happened, just not why. I have contacted the host to look into it. Hopefully we will have an answer soon!

Bless you for taking the time wub.gif

Came here to say the same - many thanks, bbik.

Yay host!

In regards to what happened, it sounds like one of the issues that came up during the host's original hardware migration a couple weeks ago cropped up again. I'm checking with them about why that happened, but at least they knew how to fix it!

As always, let me know if anything seems amiss. Hopefully we're good to go, but we all know how technology can be sometimes... rolleyes.gif

I'm so glad it was able to be fixed! AoND is one of my favorite hatchery sites, thank you so much for all your hard work bbik.

I'm wondering if the scroll count banner is going to be added back to AoND? I loved the one I use to have and have been waiting to see it back up.

I'm wondering if the scroll count banner is going to be added back to AoND? I loved the one I use to have and have been waiting to see it back up.

Yeah, I do still plan to add it (and everything else that existed previously) back into AoND. But with plans and life being what they are... Sorry it's taking so long!

Yeah, I do still plan to add it (and everything else that existed previously) back into AoND. But with plans and life being what they are... Sorry it's taking so long!

You have restored the essentials. smile.gif We can wait for the rest, although we may seem impatient. It is just that all the extras are so good to have that we get a bit anxious to get them back, too.

Take the time you need. RL is more important than this.

blink.gif

I've been using it all day with no problems....

It was down for several hrs last night, though. Good to see that it's up again.

It looks like there was a particularly bad issue at a data center where my host (among others) store the servers. Here's the analogy my host made, for those who are curious:

None of our networking gear or servers had any issues.  The best analogy I can make is that there was an accident on the highway between us and the internet - on a portion of the road that is not within our control.  This stopped traffic from entering/leaving until the issue was resolved.

That said, the downtime still never should have happened, and my host is working on getting an explanation from the data center for why it did.

Not working again? I'm getting a "server not found" error message. sad.gif

EDIT: checked on downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ and it doesn't seem to be just me.

Edited by Riannon