bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

It looks like my host had an issue with their provider again for about 10 minutes a couple times today, and their provider will be doing maintenance tonight from 11pm-3am EST, with some amount of downtime expected. For those curious, my host has a post about these and the previous downtimes here.

Down again.....?

Server strikes again ?

ETA and it's fine now.

Edited by fuzzbucket

@LuckyBonsaiTree - Posting your eggs here on the forum is not permitted. What you need to do is actually click on the link for this fansite that you will find in the first post (also in my signature) and enter your eggs there.

Well, now it's "Unable to connect" ...

edit: it's back. Server hiccups, I would guess ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

It's not working for me, and I have an egg I need to get into the ER! sad.gif

Edit

This is what I'm getting:

This site can’t be reached

allureofnds.net took too long to respond.

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

Yes it seems to be having trouble again. For now I've placed new eggs in other hatcheries. Hopefully the kinks are worked out soon smile.gif

The host had to reboot the server that AoND is on in order to resolve some instability issues. They are hoping it will be back up soon.

I, however, need to get to bed, so I am hoping that when it comes back, it does so without causing site errors. If that is not the case, I will look into things ASAP, but may not have time until I get home from work tomorrow. Cross your fingers that it doesn't come to that!

Oh, now I see.... I've been getting this message when I try to sign in:

There was an error checking the authorization status of the requested scroll. Please try again later.

I hope you can get this problem resolved tomorrow, bbik. This is a really good site. smile.gif

It seems to be back, hopefully for good

Yes, it does seem like it's back to normal this morning. I hope it stays that way. smile.gif

Does AOND have a Privacy Policy stating which information is collected, used, shared and who the information is shared with?

I think there was one at one point. But given how low priority it was (it basically said "what you see is what you get"; scroll name, dragon codes, selected API-provided info, and completely separately IP addresses for 5 minutes to count users online), it probably fell by the wayside with the server migration.

Much like the other fansites have responded, this is a site to raise dragons, not to collect personal information, as evidenced by the complete lack of personal information that is even requested.

I think there was one at one point. But given how low priority it was (it basically said "what you see is what you get"; scroll name, dragon codes, selected API-provided info, and completely separately IP addresses for 5 minutes to count users online), it probably fell by the wayside with the server migration.

Much like the other fansites have responded, this is a site to raise dragons, not to collect personal information, as evidenced by the complete lack of personal information that is even requested.

Actually the EU considers internet protocol addresses as personal information, in particular when associated with cookies... And that applies to EU citizens information, wherever the website is located.

AND HERE I AM WONDERING WHY THE DAMN SITE DOESNT WWORK.

When the damn site link has been changed.

I need to come to the forums more often .....

AND HERE I AM WONDERING WHY THE DAMN SITE DOESNT WWORK.

When the damn site link has been changed.

I need to come to the forums more often .....

It works just fine for me.

It works just fine for me.

I think they meant they were still using the oooooold link and that's why it wasn't working for them. Not that it isn't working now.