bbik

The Allure of Neglected Dragons

Hooray! I'm so glad this is back up and running, thank you so much for the speedy attentiveness bbik! <3

I agree. I have used this one since I started playing the game and I hate it when it's down.

I'm having trouble adding my scroll to this one.

I just added two of my eggs with no trouble. What happened when you tried?

I just added two of my eggs with no trouble. What happened when you tried?

I got a blank screen.

The server isn't responding for me on The Allure. Same thing happen to anyone else?

Edit- Works for me now smile.gif

Edited by andromedae

It works until I click "submit scroll". Then I get infinite loading and if I try to refresh the page, it crashes.

It works until I click "submit scroll". Then I get infinite loading and if I try to refresh the page, it crashes.

Others are reporting the cave to be lagging right now, so that could affect fansites as well possibly?

Others are reporting the cave to be lagging right now, so that could affect fansites as well possibly?

It is Ruby, the lag monster is back!

It's not the lagmonster - it's something that stops any ACTIONS. I can view anything I like - lineages, dragons available for BSA, breeding etc - but not DO anything. Well, I can at the moment again, but others still can't.

Latest update: The domain has been renewed for another four years, for a few pennies under $40. Hosting still has a year to go before it needs to be renewed, but it's going to cost several times that amount for the same time span. There was just about enough left in the account from the last fund raising to cover this domain renewal, but come hosting renewal, we'll be starting from scratch. If any of you want to try and preempt next year's big website notification, the "Support AoND" button at the bottom of every page on the site would be happy to help you out! smile.gif And either way, we'll see where things stand when we get closer to the deadline.

Thanks to everyone for helping make this site so successful; I couldn't have done it without all of you!

Oh - could we get a reminder on that when it's *not* January (the traditional month of empty wallet) anymore? smile.gif

Not to bother you bbik (I know you're busy), but I was curious as to a question I posted in TLQ (quoted for convenience):

I really like the little Stats image certain Fan Sites have available to us users. But personally I think they're wayyyy too big and show information I don't actually care about. I don't know how they work coding-wise, but is it possible to code a Stats image to only show Total, Adults, Eggs, Hatchlings, and maybe Hidden?

Similar to something below (except not as crude):

user posted image

TL;DR/aka how possible is it to code a smaller Stats image that shows basic info?

Oh - could we get a reminder on that when it's *not* January (the traditional month of empty wallet) anymore? smile.gif

Certainly! Just don't you all forget to buy your sweethearts some candy or flowers for next week at the same time!

The other option worth considering is to put ads on the site. I'm not sure if it would cover everything, but it ought to at least make a dent. The idea has come up before, but no one ever seemed too opinionated either way, and enough people have always been willing and able to chip in for it to be unnecessary. What is the prevailing mindset these days?

The Clinic seems to be gone.

Ah, yeah, I forgot about that one. That's one of the pages I ran out of time to update when I had to migrate the site, and I never did get back to it. I should probably get on that, seeing as it's still linked from the home page...

how possible is it to code a smaller Stats image that shows basic info?

There used to be a number of size, specificity, style, and color options. Another feature lost to the rushed migrate. Since it already exists, if with outdated logic, it shouldn't be too hard to get up and running again. I just need to find a solid block of time to work on all these things. sad.gif

Certainly! Just don't you all forget to buy your sweethearts some candy or flowers for next week at the same time!

The other option worth considering is to put ads on the site. I'm not sure if it would cover everything, but it ought to at least make a dent. The idea has come up before, but no one ever seemed too opinionated either way, and enough people have always been willing and able to chip in for it to be unnecessary. What is the prevailing mindset these days?

Chocolate, actually, and some extra vitamins because she's currently sick sad.gif Not via Paypal though.

Personally, I block ads ever since the first adblocker was created for Firefox. laugh.gif

Ah, yeah, I forgot about that one.  That's one of the pages I ran out of time to update when I had to migrate the site, and I never did get back to it.  I should probably get on that, seeing as it's still linked from the home page...

There used to be a number of size, specificity, style, and color options.  Another feature lost to the rushed migrate.  Since it already exists, if with outdated logic, it shouldn't be too hard to get up and running again.  I just need to find a solid block of time to work on all these things. sad.gif

Ooohh, I see. It's okay. I know you're very busy. I was just curious. Thank you for your response! smile.gif

I'm not sure where else to post this. I just get so happy when I see an ND on theallureofnds or any other click site. I'm super lazy and haven't even made any ghost of an attempt in years but I'm so proud of you lucky, smart and hardworking scientists.

And thanks for helping my eggs and hatchies for all these years as always. biggrin.gif

Is Allure down? I can't post my eggs. I just get a message that it is too laggy.

The site seems to be working alright for me. I added an egg to it just now. :0

My housemate and I have been trying for the last half hour to use it, and we can't get in. It keeps telling us that DC is laggy, and just not loading. Which is a problem because I have ER'd eggs that I need to take off now that they've hatched, and I'm worried they could end up developing sickness if they stay in the ER.

Edit: this is the specific message we get every time:

Failed to connect to Dragon Cave. Either DC is too laggy, or it is down. Please try again later.
Edited by Ardath Rekha

My housemate and I have been trying for the last half hour to use it, and we can't get in. It keeps telling us that DC is laggy, and just not loading. Which is a problem because I have ER'd eggs that I need to take off now that they've hatched, and I'm worried they could end up developing sickness if they stay in the ER.

Me too. I am getting the same message and I am worried about my low time eggs that are probably hatched by now .