Umbreonage

Badge (and Trophy) Suggestion Thread

I think there've been several different suggestion for extra trophies - platinum, mithril and crystal/diamond among them.

Personally, I'd like new trophies for the following goals:

1000 dragons

2000 dragons

5000 dragons

10000 dragons.

Because, seriously, with the new limits, we can easily raise more dragons than before. (If my maths isn't faulty and you have endless incubates, you could raise about 9 dragons in 5 days before the change - now, a player with a gold trophy can easily raise 7 every two days. In 10 days, that would make 18 before the change, and 35 after, which is almost twice as many.)

So many kinds of SUPPORT this!

So I finally got gold. Whee! But then what's the next thing I have to look forward too? I personally love having goals. I think having a platinum or diamond trophy would be a fun addition. There are those out there that I know would easily get one if one was released. I would say it would have to be a very large number such as 5K or something like that.

No, it would not increase the number of dragons you can raise. It would only be for another badge to quickly show what level of caver you are. When I go to some people's scrolls who had pages and pages of dragons I always wonder just how many dragons do they have? A few more levels of scrolls would be a nice addition. ^ ^

Bop me on the head if this has been brought up before. I didn't see it in the search.

Edited by raistardragon

A badge for having the dragons you can only get by breeding (Two-finned bluna, Geode, Shallow water) Does not include the different colors for striped dragons. You would probably only get his badge if you bred the dragons yourself, getting the eggs from another user wouldn't count.

Edited by teawanee

A badge for having the dragons you can only get by breeding (Two-finned bluna, Geode, Shallow water) Does not include the different colors for striped dragons. You would probably only get his badge if you bred the dragons yourself, getting the eggs from another user wouldn't count.

Why not? One way or another, they have them. I like that idea, though.

I know after 500 you can get the Gold Trophy and have 7 dragons. But why not reward those people who have A LOT more than that, and have been here long enough to have A LOT more. Why not like a Platinum or Onyx Trophy, for maybe 1,000 dragons or even 1,500 dragons, where they can get 8 eggs. This idea is not asking to raise limits of Holidays or anything like that.

I don't have anywhere close to this, but I have seem some scrolls who have had over 1,500 dragons. I just thought of this and wanted to see what everybody's opinion was. Maybe you can toss me an idea and I can put it up here if this gets popular enough.

1st thought

1000 Dragons - Platinum Trophy - 8 Eggs / 24 Total

1750 Dragons - Onyx Trophy - 9 Eggs / 27 Total

[/u]2nd Thought[/b]

1500 Dragons - Platinum Trophy - 8 Eggs / 24 Total

2500 Dragons - Onyx Trophy - 9 Eggs / 27 Total

3rd Thought

1500 Dragons - Platinum/Onyx Trophy - 8 Eggs / 24 Total

Let me hear you thoughts on this subject.

The main reason there's only three trophies is that there were only three of Nepherim's mini dragon sprites that were suitable for

So if you want more badges, I'll need more sprites. They don't have to be in trophy form or even have trophy-like colors; I can handle that part just fine. Just make sure it has reasonable "grounding points" (you know, points where the dragon would touch the base of the trophy).

I can sprite them if you want, I'm pretty good at that.

I can sprite them if you want, I'm pretty good at that.

Please do? It was almost disappointing to get the Magickarp badge because then I didn't have a goal for Splash anymore- who knows how bad it'll be when I get to 500 dragons... :worried:

ETA: I think the trophies should be for 1,000 and then 2,500 dragons.

Edited by stogucheme

Here's one you can use if you want: user posted image It was a bit tricky to do with a mouse, but I think it'd work. user posted image This one may be a bit too small... I'll go ahead and make a bigger one. user posted image Too big? Ah well, the blue one is good. And one more, but now my arm is too tired: user posted image

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

\o/ I really like this idea! :3 I know some people will go straight to whatever new badges are created, but still. I think it's nice that the users who have shown enough dedication to have that many dragons would be able to have more egg/hatchie slots.

I definitely support this! While I'm still relatively far away from my gold trophy, I sort of dread getting it, because then I'll kind of be done and won't really have many goals left on the site. So I'd love for there to be more trophies that are hard to achieve, so that people can keep working for them!

I think that 1,000 and 2,500 are good numbers for new trophies. smile.gif

Okay, so idea....

Gold is 7 eggs something hatchlings right?

So, How about this

Like you said, lets say

Platinum -1500 or more dragons = 8 eggs/upped hatchlings

Onyx - 3000 or more dragons = 10 eggs/upped hatchlings

Triumphant - 10,000 or more = 20 eggs/upped hatchlings

No more-no less for egg slots and trophies....

Trophie Names you can do whatever.....

Just a suggestion, b/c I think TJ is the only one close is already owning 10,000 dragons, not positive....

But its still a good idea, and I can't really sprite, but I could very well try someday for a base....

Edited by White-Sword-Master

Okay, so idea....

Gold is 7 eggs something hatchlings right?

So, How about this

Like you said, lets say

No more-no less for egg slots and trophies....

Trophie Names you can do whatever.....

Just a suggestion, b/c I think TJ is the only one close is already owning 10,000 dragons, not positive....

But its still a good idea, and I can't really sprite, but I could very well try someday for a base....

i agree, but 20 eggs might be alot.png.... maybe more lik 12 or 13

i agree, but 20 eggs might be alot.png.... maybe more lik 12 or 13

Oh I dunno - if you have 10,000 dragons, maybe you have earned that smile.gif

The record for dragons on a scroll seems to be 3000 at the moment.

I know after 500 you can get the Gold Trophy and have 7 dragons. But why not reward those people who have A LOT more than that, and have been here long enough to have A LOT more. Why not like a Platinum or Onyx Trophy, for maybe 1,000 dragons or even 1,500 dragons, where they can get 8 eggs. This idea is not asking to raise limits of Holidays or anything like that.

I don't have anywhere close to this, but I have seem some scrolls who have had over 1,500 dragons. I just thought of this and wanted to see what everybody's opinion was. Maybe you can toss me an idea and I can put it up here if this gets popular enough.

1st thought

1000 Dragons - Platinum Trophy - 8 Eggs / 24 Total

1750 Dragons - Onyx Trophy - 9 Eggs / 27 Total

[/u]2nd Thought[/b]

1500 Dragons - Platinum Trophy - 8 Eggs / 24 Total

2500 Dragons - Onyx Trophy - 9 Eggs / 27 Total

3rd Thought

1500 Dragons - Platinum/Onyx Trophy - 8 Eggs / 24 Total

Let me hear you thoughts on this subject.

I like the second thought. I'd love to get a new badge biggrin.gif Although I don't have 1500 dragons yet...

@SuroPenguin: Yea, okay I see, but no one would want to get that many dragons if the trophy wasn't high enough....

See, lets put it this way, lets say you just kept adding by 2's, youd still end up with hefty amount of eggs/upped hatchling

Special - 5000 or more dragons = 12 eggs/upped hatchlings

Special Onyx - 7000 or more dragons = 14 eggs/upped hatchlings

Special Platinum - 9000 or more dragons = 16 eggs/upped hatchlings

And besides that even it would be a little more at the end, it still isn't much if you went like the above route, like Fuzzbucket said, there is only one scroll out there that has 3000 dragons, so really, thats kind of why i suggested it to be this....

No more or No less, Really, who has time to colloect 10000 dragons anyhow? I'll tell you that it'd be for ever if you were starting off, and then again, I've seen some people with 5 pages of dragons and I didn't have mine set to how many dragons per page, so thats a lot of dragons.....

So, I'd say my suggestion was only a fair advantage as if you have 10000 dragons, you've became obsessed with dragon cave and everyone will want you to breed for them.....

My goal is to get to 10000 of Moonstone Dragons, so you can see my point...

---------

But I see your point to, if you had 20 egg slots, you could gain dragons even more rapidly, but thats why I suggest the above list in bold, so you really would have to log in on everyday and collect commons for quite a long while, thus getting rid of caveblockers and its a win/win...smile.gif

Edited by White-Sword-Master

I don't really like the idea of putting anything above 5000, but I think the rest would work. smile.gif I recently got Gold Trophy and have been wondering how long it'd be until the 7 egg limit got annoying.

@SuroPenguin: Yea, okay I see, but no one would want to get that many dragons if the trophy wasn't high enough....

See, lets put it this way, lets say you just kept adding by 2's, youd still end up with hefty amount of eggs/upped hatchling

Special - 5000 or more dragons = 12 eggs/upped hatchlings

Special Onyx - 7000 or more dragons = 14 eggs/upped hatchlings

Special Platinum - 9000 or more dragons = 16 eggs/upped hatchlings

And besides that even it would be a little more at the end, it still isn't much if you went like the above route, like Fuzzbucket said, there is only one scroll out there that has 3000 dragons, so really, thats kind of why i suggested it to be this....

No more or No less, Really, who has time to colloect 10000 dragons anyhow? I'll tell you that it'd be for ever if you were starting off, and then again, I've seen some people with 5 pages of dragons and I didn't have mine set to how many dragons per page, so thats a lot of dragons.....

So, I'd say my suggestion was only a fair advantage as if you have 10000 dragons, you've became obsessed with dragon cave and everyone will want you to breed for them.....

---------

But I see your point to, if you had 20 egg slots, you could gain dragons even more rapidly, but thats why I suggest the above list in bold, so you really would have to log in on everyday and collect commons for quite a long while, thus getting rid of caveblockers and its a win/win...smile.gif

Well after you broke it down for me it made sense. But even then, the egg limit goes up by one now and not 2. So it may still be a little much, but either way I think it would be cool to see some more trophies....we need more people to sprite those trophy dragons for TJ =D

Alright, I haven't read this whole entire thread, but I get the gist of it. And what I'm seeing is this frenzy for making and having badges.

I don't really mind having badges, however I don't want to have hundreds upon thousands of badges that I have to collect. Because in the end, that's what the dragons are for. I understand that the badges are supposed to make this fun. But if all these badges happened to be incorporated, I would be pulling my hair out trying to get them all. (Because I am a completest)

But that's just my two cents in the matter

I agree with White-Sword-Master

No more or No less, Really, who has time to collect 10000 dragons anyhow? I'll tell you that it'd be for ever if you were starting off, and then again, I've seen some people with 5 pages of dragons and I didn't have mine set to how many dragons per page, so thats a lot of dragons.....

---------

I'd much rather have this for trophies, because I DO plan on collecting dragons for the rest of my time on here. When it comes to the other badges however, I think it should be event based and only event based. Unless the spriters agree to do something differently.

Any trophies past gold will not increase a user's limits any further.

Fair enough and thanks for that end to speculation.

Now about pretties....

Oh, and here we were getting excited xd.png

Still, other trophies would be nice too, to tell by looking how many dragons a person has smile.gif

Thanks for the info....Also would still be nice to see the total dragon amount for a scroll through more trophies =D