Umbreonage

Badge (and Trophy) Suggestion Thread

I don't think writing a bunch of code so people can choose the name of a badge is something TJ wants to do. Which is why I think a badge for a group of dragons (army, hoard, clan, pack, collection, ...) should remain rather neutral so nobody can dislike it. Just like DC tries to avoid references to things that are too much oriented on one specific culture or religion.

I'm sorry I was so negative about your idea because I really do like the idea of a badge that leads to a page to show of the breeds you have a lot of. It's just the link to military that I dislike.

This. Nothing military - please. Pacifism rocks smile.gif

What about a badge for 1,000+ dragons? We could call it a platinum badge. I think it's about time we got a new badge...or maybe 2...or 3...

I don't think writing a bunch of code so people can choose the name of a badge is something TJ wants to do. Which is why I think a badge for a group of dragons (army, hoard, clan, pack, collection, ...) should remain rather neutral so nobody can dislike it. Just like DC tries to avoid references to things that are too much oriented on one specific culture or religion.

I'm sorry I was so negative about your idea because I really do like the idea of a badge that leads to a page to show of the breeds you have a lot of. It's just the link to military that I dislike.

I'll admit, I did get a little butt hurt, because I did get a little excited talking about it, but I understood where you were coming from, as well as understand the TJ would not wanting to extreme code just because people don't agree on what something as small as a badge should be called.

The filter system is the part that I think would be the coolest part of the whole idea, so I'd be just as happy with a regular breed specific bronze silver and gold.

It could be called maybe a Collector's Badge? I think that's pretty neutral. Then people can decide (in their own heads, anyway) whether they are collecting for armies, hordes, or what have you.

What about a badge for 1,000+ dragons? We could call it a platinum badge. I think it's about time we got a new badge...or maybe 2...or 3...

That's what I was just thinking of, something that goes beyond the 500 dragon milestone. I think it should maybe be higher than 1000, though, although I don't want to say 5000 because that's a big number!

And it could be called the 'get a bigger cave' badge. xd.png

How about a badge for getting X dragons from the AP (and raising them- not just re-abandoning/trading them)?

How about a badge for getting X dragons from the AP (and raising them- not just re-abandoning/trading them)?

as much as this would inspire people to raise AP cast-offs, how would the site know from an AP tossed egg from...a normal bred one or teleported? unless AP's have something special tacked on, idk how it would work to be honest...

i like the idea about a new trophy for over 500 dragons. even if it doesn't increase egg hold limit...it would be something to work for, gotta use those 21 slots for something xd.png. 1000 is too little, someone said 5000 is too much - i agree. maybe a platinum one for 2000 dragons?

The gold trophy IS for over 500 dragons.

@Fuzzbucket: we all realize that, andI'm sure DC didn't expect people to have over 500 dragons in a long while, but don't you think it should be updated? Meaning allow another badge, if not, i understand your premise and will not engage any further discussion about it.....

@OT: Well, I like all the topics about badges and etc, and I only have a bronze trophy and failed in completing the easter hunt 2 times, but anyhow, maybe a new badge for when someone has no holly dagons?

Maybe a stocking filled with presents to encourage them to be happy and blessed during the holidays? Of course, once they get an holly dragon, then the badge would update, or dissappear, but I thought it'd be a good suggestion....

@Fuzzbucket: we all realize that, andI'm sure DC didn't expect people to have over 500 dragons in a long while, but don't you think it should be updated? Meaning allow another badge, if not, i understand your premise and will not engage any further discussion about it.....

i like the idea about a new trophy for over 500 dragons.

The gold trophy IS for over 500 dragons.

o3o

~

I think someone brought up a trophy for reviewing descriptions here. We discussed this before and a lot of us were worried about people spam reviewing descriptions to get the badge. o3o

I'd like a trophy like that as well. smile.gif I'd love to see them for 1000, 2000, 2500 etc.

I think they were suggesting a badge for a number that is over 500, but not 500 itself. Like a thousand, or 900. Since the words "over _ dragons" are used in the trophy description, it creates a redundancy. Bronze is over 50 dragons, which could mean 51 or 9,999.

9 is such a nice number.

Spam reviewing could be a problem, but aren't the people who do that given a temp. ban currently? Everyone knows about the mysteriously random "rejects" given to almost every description. Pull out your rulers and emphasize that spammers get broken knuckles =p

Or a type of flood control could be implemented. Though I would hate that myself and feel shamed for even mentioning it. Since comments mean more than a dozen blank reviews, it might not cause too much trouble anyway.

Spam reviewing could be a problem, but aren't the people who do that given a temp. ban currently? Everyone knows about the mysteriously random "rejects" given to almost every description. Pull out your rulers and emphasize that spammers get broken knuckles =p

People with spam comments or such, yeah, but, for mods at least, there's really no way to see if someone is just going through and accepting or rejecting every description or just clicking whatever they hit first. We don't even see non-comment votes. ^^

Welcome, fuzzbucket. :3

We don't even see non-comment votes. ^^

Oh =P

Maybe that could be changed if a badge were created. Or perhaps only reviews that contributed to the accepting of a description (kind of how the voting power thing apparently works) would contribute to the badge amount. So even if someone were to spam 100 blank accepts in one day, they would doubtfully get their badge any time soon. Those who actually make comments would have the advantage since their reviews help.

i vote for two badges over 500; 1,000 and 9,000.

why 9,000?

... because. 9,001 is over nine thousand.

One might bring up 'why not 5000?'

kaws;

50 -> 200. +150

200 -> 500. +300

500 -> 1000. +500

1000 -> 5000. +4000

5000 -> 9000. +4000

... see the prob? no? fine.

We all know the gold, silver and bronze tinsel dragons, right? I was thinking we have a badge for peopls who have the whole set! (all 3) The badge would be a bronze, silver, and a gold medallion hanging from their string in a bunch. Its probably a stupid idea, but what do you think?

~Merged~

I think the prize for collecting the prize offspring dragons is having the dragons themselves. I don't really see a need to give a badge for also getting them. ^^

I'm currently sitting at a few dozen dragons short of 500 (gold trophy) and it's actually kind of... depressing because it feels as if there's nothing to aim for after that. I think there should be a trophy for 1000 dragons (maybe a platinum trophy?) because a) it's a nice round number cool.gif 8 eggs is double the egg space we have as newbies, and it's symeterical and c) some users have 1500+ dragons and that's much much more than someone with 501, and they get the same privelages.

I think there've been several different suggestion for extra trophies - platinum, mithril and crystal/diamond among them.

Personally, I'd like new trophies for the following goals:

1000 dragons

2000 dragons

5000 dragons

10000 dragons.

Because, seriously, with the new limits, we can easily raise more dragons than before. (If my maths isn't faulty and you have endless incubates, you could raise about 9 dragons in 5 days before the change - now, a player with a gold trophy can easily raise 7 every two days. In 10 days, that would make 18 before the change, and 35 after, which is almost twice as many.)

I always wondered why there wasn't a platinum badge when you got 1000 dragons, so I would support this idea. smile.gif

I'd love to see more trophy levels. Once I got my gold trophy, the game became a lot less fun for me. I've got nothing to aim for now. Sure, I can try to make some lineages of my own, but given the breeding problems and the fact that I have no one to show my lineages off to, it doesn't seem any more appealing than refreshing the AP endlessly in a "blah" state, passing over lots of ER eggs and hatchlings simply because there's no point in me collecting them any more.

Don't really see how higher trophy levels and the increased egg slots that might come with them would be that big of a deal. Even at a gold trophy level, it's difficult to be completely locked all the time, so it's not like platinum or higher users would be consistently churning out loads of adults unless they're really on top of their game.