Umbreonage

Badge (and Trophy) Suggestion Thread

Artists have a palette on the forum, but I don't see much of a need to put one on the scroll. Unless I'm missing something? o3o

I'm against breeding badges, as this would only be incentive for people to fill up the AP. (Who'd really want to raise 100 dragons bred from one and the same dragon?)

For the GPX Pokemon site, the egg had to be hatched to count, so why not do that here? I'm pretty sure hatchlings won't be clogging the AP anytime soon, plus this might give people more incentive to breed their commons. It would for me.

@Sock: I'd love a "hoarding" badge. maybe a mini sprite of the most common dragon on one's scroll? That is, after it hits a certain number, say 50 or something.

A bit earlier in this topic, some one mentioned an insane bage. Instead of having one of every 'rare' you have a zombie/neglected/vampire rare (used to be a rare but is now a zombie/neglected/vampire)

I just wanted to mention something about the "one of everything" style badges. Either you'd need a new one for each release, or they'd have to be programmed to disappear when a new release came out and you no longer had everything.

I just wanted to mention something about the "one of everything" style badges. Either you'd need a new one for each release, or they'd have to be programmed to disappear when a new release came out and you no longer had everything.

I'd think the second would be how it would go. I mean, obviously badges can go away; you don't see a silver trophy on my scroll, do you?

Also, I think badges for breeding and for collecting are a good idea. It may give people who have already completed "their" goals some motivation to do other things. (Of course, we don't want to get carried away, like GPX+, or have things actually based on the number of badges you have, like UniCreatures.)

I think it'd be kind of cute to get some badges for some of the more common dragons. For example, 100 green dragons get you a badge of a mini green dragon. :3

One hundred seems a bit excessive; with so many dragons breeds, one would need an enormous amount of dragons to collect them all. Twenty seems more reasonable.

Edited by Rally Vincent

I think 100 is a good idea...if there's a badge for it, it shouldn't be something obtained too easily, or what's the point?

...it shouldn't be something obtained too easily, or what's the point?

Fun? =o

I'd like to see more silly stupid badges myself, not bragging badges. Something like one for reviewing descriptions, having named dragons beginning with each alphabet letter, being named Nine, splashing over 9000 times, successfully resurrecting a dead dragon (non zombie)... consolation prize for Bite failures... =p

One hundred seems a bit excessive; with so many dragons breeds, one would need an enormous amount of dragons to collect them all. Twenty seems more reasonable.

I am not sure you should be able to collect them all.

Having one badge for collecting 100 dragons of a breed would mean more to me than having 10 badges for collecting 10 dragons of each of 10 breeds.

Edited by purplehaze

I am not sure you should be able to collect them all.

Having one badge for collecting 100 dragons of a breed would mean more to me than having 10 badges for collecting 10 dragons of each of 10 breeds.

I'm not sure there should be a badge for collecting X dragons of a breed in the first place.

If there must be a breed badge, I'd prefer a badge that displays the breed that the owner of the scroll has most of. So if there would be more Night Glory Drakes on a Scroll then any other breed, the badge would display a miniature Night Glory Drake.

But having 40 badges for collecting 100 dragons of each breed would mean you'd have to collect 4000 dragons to get them all. That'd be plain unreasonable.

I'm honestly not a fan of the whole idea of breed badges... I mean if you want to see if someone has hundreds of Pebbles you scroll down and see the MASSIVELY OBVIOUS army of dragons. It just seems entirely redundant. >.>;

I'm not sure there should be a badge for collecting X dragons of a breed in the first place.

If there must be a breed badge, I'd prefer a badge that displays the breed that the owner of the scroll has most of. So if there would be more Night Glory Drakes on a Scroll then any other breed, the badge would display a miniature Night Glory Drake.

But having 40 badges for collecting 100 dragons of each breed would mean you'd have to collect 4000 dragons to get them all. That'd be plain unreasonable.

I was aiming for only some of the most common dragons. Yes, popularity can vary, but pebbles, for instance, have always been rather common in cave. :3

I'm in strong support of Nine's funny badges. I'm also in strong support of trophy badges beyond gold. Many of us had gold trophies or nearly had gold trophies as soon as they were released. I'd love to be able to work toward some absurd number of dragons in a way I didn't get to before tongue.gif Plus, I get sort of curious about how many dragons (roughly) people have. Once you have the gold trophy, it doesn't matter if you have 500 or 5000 dragons. I'd love to be able to guesstimate better with extra trophies tongue.gif

I don't like the idea of having a badge for donators. A donation is something that's

given without expecting something in return. And one of the big "rules" that I've

seen since I've been here is that people who donate to the site don't get "perks,"

regardless of what the perk is. If people who have given money to the site want

to do so just for things like that, is it really a donation?

Because TJ that is just absurd tongue.gif

Everytime I spend money on pixels, my husband reminds me about it....don't you just realize that those are JUST PIXELS!!!! laugh.gif

Anyhow....

I do agree with Kairi. If you are donating, you are either donating because you are getting a whole lotta SOMETHING, like a month long subscription including dragons, dragons, dragons, and a badge, or you are doing it out of the kindness of your heart.

NOT everyone can donate, and that type of badge singles people out, so seriously for JUST a badge.....come on, really? It seems very petty. That is like wearing a sign around your neck that says I am more liked because I can do more than you.

Because TJ that is just absurd tongue.gif

Aw, but I was all ready to film one of those "for just pennies a day, you can provide a pixel badge in South America with food, clean water, and support" commercials.

Aw, but I was all ready to film one of those "for just pennies a day, you can provide a pixel badge in South America with food, clean water, and support" commercials.

Do it anyway.

I also don't want donator perks. You donate because you care, not because you want a gift out of something.

*giggles so much at TJ's commercial idea*

I definitely agree about donator-perks. It ceases to be a donation if you get something from it, and it makes other people that can't donate feel bad. No thanks.

Fun? =o

I'd like to see more silly stupid badges myself, not bragging badges. Something like one for reviewing descriptions, having named dragons beginning with each alphabet letter, being named Nine, splashing over 9000 times, successfully resurrecting a dead dragon (non zombie)... consolation prize for Bite failures... =p

I like these ideas. Especially the descriptions one, though that may not be feasible unless we get Description mods.

I don't like the idea of having a badge for donators. A donation is something that's

given without expecting something in return. And one of the big "rules" that I've

seen since I've been here is that people who donate to the site don't get "perks,"

regardless of what the perk is. If people who have given money to the site want

to do so just for things like that, is it really a donation?

^this^ - and not least because there are so many people here - youngsters, students, unemployed - who could NEVER get such a badge, and also who do feel bad that they can't actually give even though they would like to.

But that one about a pixel badge for sending a donation to a water well, or a toilet, to Africa would be GREAT. That I could live with. As long as that was where the money went. ninja.gif I have a goat, some chickens and part of a toilet to my name over the last several years already, and that is WORTH doing !

(see what you get for a suggestion like that, TJ ??? wink.gif)

Actually I prefer the insane badges that appear by a miracle, like the carrot.... xd.png and too many others would clog one's scroll !

But yes, trophies beyond gold would be fun. And they REPLACE the previous trophy, so it isn't a space thing.

-having a dragon code that spells a word

-having a dragon code with some permutation of "tj" in it (I have three aparently O.o )

-"Horder badge": having over 100 of any one type of dragon (not separate ones for different breeds); maybe this could be upgradable like the main scroll-count badge (25, 50, 100, 200 etc)

I kind of like the idea of having badges be like "achievements" earned in video games, where you can get a badge for simple things-- but you have to find them. For example, visit the Wilderness, get a "Safari" badge. Watch the AP for 20 minutes without picking anything up-- get a "Stalker" badge. Rename a dragon three times in its life-- get a "Fickle" badge. Random fun things. :3

A badge for having X amount of your own offsrping.

That would get people into wanting to raise theire own offsring if wrong breed so that they can get the badge.