Umbreonage

Badge (and Trophy) Suggestion Thread

There are also people who don't like some of the dragon species. I will NEVER have a mint dragon, for example. Ditto dinos.

BTW, this is a duplicate, but the search function is down so I can't find the other one to merge.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

PF13: The original thread is here. smile.gif I knew what the thread was called so I was able to find it pretty easily without needing to search. happy.gif

There are also people who don't like some of the dragon species. I will NEVER have a mint dragon, for example. Ditto dinos.

BTW, this is a duplicate, but the search function is down so I can't find the other one to merge.

I get that, but I don't think we should restrict badges because a person might not want to do X. I don't see the harm in saying if you choose not to do X, you won't get the badge. After all, all a badge is is a picture, it gives you no advantage, and you probably won't even miss it if you don't have it.

The magikarp badge for example, already runs into this issue. If someone is adamantly against having hybrids, or otherwise doesn't like shallow waters and thus refuses to collect them, they don't get the magikarp badge since they can't splash. I have yet to hear anyone complain about how massively unfair that is or that it is forcing people to play a certain way.

So I was thinking on the collecting x amount of species or collecting all the species badges and came up with a badge for collecting x colored dragon in x amount of time (say, 100 green dragons in two months). We could do a few color bases so that it could be done with a few colors. Not sure what the actual badge could look like, though. x3

I'm not sure if this is off topic but maybe we could have a trophy cabinet after you get too many badges, or we could choose what badges to display!

I don't remember where the topic was for this but they proposed a badge to keep your badges in (badgeception~). That way the top part of the scroll would get covered in badges if we get more than one line of them. Can we have something like that?

edit: Totally missed the post above me saying something similar. Whoops.

edit 2: Found the thread: Trophy case thread

Edited by Shokomon

I think it might be fun to add a badge for after a user kills a certain amount of chickens (I have currently named it the KFC Badge) biggrin.gif

Just a suggestion smile.gif

Edited by Bdai

On the one hand lol, on the other hand I'm not sure adding something that'd encourage people to collect and kill lots of an uncommon DC creature is a good idea. Maybe if it was like ONE chicken, maybe...

Yeah, I'd really, really rather not have any badge for something like this. I mean, I wouldn't use that and I wouldn't get the badge, but even having it around...

I know I'm more sensitive than most but as dragcave's text does encourage a "these pixels represent living creatures" mentality it would probably be best to stay away from a badge like this.

(But, if it does get made into a badge, that would be a good name for it, haha!)

It would be cool, but chickens are so hard to get and this will promote killing

Maybe an alternative would be to have a BSA for the chickens. An option to "fry" them or something and then for 24 hours they appear as a cooked chicken sprite (similar to what we had at Christmas). Then after a certain number, you get the KFC badge. I'd prefer a system like that than killing them. It just seems really counterproductive to the game to collect a heap of chickens just to kill them and remove them from your scroll again.

Why not just have the badge for collecting a certain number of chickens? I'm not against killing, it just seems a bit distasteful.

Also, bear in mind that KFC is copyrighted, and probably couldn't be used as the badge name.

Don't get me wrong, it's an okay idea, it's just I don't want to go around killing chickens after I've spent ages catching them all.

Edited by Coorinna

Maybe an alternative would be to have a BSA for the chickens. An option to "fry" them or something and then for 24 hours they appear as a cooked chicken sprite (similar to what we had at Christmas). Then after a certain number, you get the KFC badge. I'd prefer a system like that than killing them. It just seems really counterproductive to the game to collect a heap of chickens just to kill them and remove them from your scroll again.

^^^ This is perfect! Love it!

Maybe a dragon could "cook" the chicken - like a hellhorse, or hellwyvern - but there is a fail rate like:

20 % success - the dragon cook the chicken to perfection!

80% fail - the chicken ran off,*insert dragon name here* is slightly confused!

So its like splash?

Yeh, perrty much smile.gif But I like it though - another cute badge!

The badge should be a drum stick!

I'm sorry it's a nice "idea" but realistically - 100% Reject. :/ I've not once managed to catch a chicken, even though I have tried so hard. They get nabbed really fast. I've caught trios, dinos, GWs, every uncommon there is, and heck even cb metal and green opal, but not chicken. Something tells me it's not that easy. I'm not saying they're that rare, they're just high in demand already hence hard to grab. The few I have have been donation or trade from generous people. I'm completely against anything that makes people catch and kill rares while the next person who was trying to catch it too and would have loved it, is left empty handed. Actually I'm against anything that makes chickens much harder to catch than they already are.

A BSA would be okay though provided it doesn't require you to hoard lots of chickens to obtain the badge, because goldfish are much easier to obtain, you just need to grab some caveblockers needed to breed it off AP but chickens are different in this regard.

Why ?

I so can't see the point that I do not support...

Now a badge for collecting them and allowing them to run free...

What I don't see the point of is collecting a rare creature just to kill it. huh.gif

I can't support a suggestion like this. If you must fry your chickens a BSA that eventually earns you a badge, like Splash/Magicarp, without permanently harming your chickens would be much better, IMO.

Edited by purplehaze

One of the sillyist ideas I have heard on the forum wacko.gif

...and all my chickens agree laugh.gif

Edited by bigbite100

While it is a cute idea, I don't think it would work for an uncommon unbreedable. If for some reason they become very common, or become breedable(not likely, for either one), then I could endorse it, but not as they stand.

This is the only way I'd support this idea. I'm not really thrilled with a badge for killing critters, and I know it would seriously offend a lot of people (even if I just think it's silly). I wouldn't mind having another Splash-like badge, just not obtainable through killing the creatures you're supposed to be raising.

There are perfectly valid reasons to kill a dragon, I just don't think a badge should be one of them.

Edited by LibbyLishly