Umbreonage

Badge (and Trophy) Suggestion Thread

I agree with both of you tongue.gif

In the first post i edited it and lowered it by around half biggrin.gif

I also removed Platinum Tinsel bit :3

I have been on DC for almost a year, and I have not successfully summoned a GoN once. Since there is no chance of increasing sucess rate, and GoNs do not have any special abilties, do you think it would be cool to have a little badge at the top of your scroll to show you accomplished something very, very hard to do?

Just a little thought of mine. Feel free to crit or even come up with design ideas. smile.gif

~Merged~

I support the suggestion for a badge for failing to summon for x amount of times. I do not support a badge for successfully summoning. You summoned successfully. That is your prize.

The only problem I have with a summon fail badge is what if you are uber-lucky and only take two tries to summon both of you GoNs?

Then you've gotten two GoNs really quickly. Isn't that an awesome prize as is?

I guess so, I guess it's just up to TJ on if this gets implemented and how it actually works

Platinum Trophy

Adult Dragons/Frozen Hatchlings required - 1,000

Egg Limit - 8

Hatchling Limit - 14

Anyone else agree/want this implemented?

I think the hatchling limit was meant to be 24, right?

If that be the case, I'm on board with this.

^ TJ has already said that if more trophies are implemented, there won't be a raise in egg/hatchling allowances. smile.gif

I have been on DC for almost a year, and I have not successfully summoned a GoN once. Since there is no chance of increasing sucess rate, and GoNs do not have any special abilties, do you think it would be cool to have a little badge at the top of your scroll to show you accomplished something very, very hard to do?

Just a little thought of mine. Feel free to crit or even come up with design ideas. smile.gif

A YEAR ????

I JUST got my first after almost three years. PATIENCE. I know of several others who have been trying as long and NOT got one yet. So a badge for FAILURE after x tries (that you lose when you get one) would work for me.

I like the idea of more badges but I dunno, I don't really support the summon fail one. I don't like the idea of "fixed" badges that rely on luck alone and lock out people who have/haven't been lucky enough to fulfil the criteria, depending on your perspective.

Call me a completionist or whatever, but it's bad enough there are some unique/scroll coded/retired/alt breeds that mean 100% scroll completion isn't possible. Please don't do the same to badges. :( Edit: I just realised that the event ones (like "Beat the Heat") may be seen as fixed - however, these ones are available to everyone. The GoN case is utterly random and given how set numbers of trios increases chance, it's hardly an equal playing field anyway.

Note: I don't remember how many times I failed at summoning before I got my first so my opinion here is not because I got mine on my first try or something like that.

Edited by Varekis

Well, as long as the badge only stays as long as you don't have a GoN yet, there can't be any reason to object. And even if it does stay eternally, I'd see it as some kind of compensation (in relation to people who put a big, fat "I managed to summon a GoN on my first try!" in XXL-letters in their signature).

I think the hatchling limit was meant to be 24, right?

If that be the case, I'm on board with this.

Yike! 24 is waaay too many. And besides I am sure TJ has said there will be no further increase in scroll limits for additional badges.

Still, I would like to see badges for higher numbers. I have 2000+ dragons right now, which seems a whole different world from someone who just got their gold trophy with 500 dragons.

Still, I would like to see badges for higher numbers. I have 2000+ dragons right now, which seems a whole different world from someone who just got their gold trophy with 500 dragons.

I would love to see a crown awarded to those with 2000+ dragons. xd.png

It's a crowning achievement after all!

I can't help but wonder what the *highest* number of dragons on any one scroll is? *curious*

I would definitely love trophies for higher numbers, regardless of the limits stuff.

i would also like another trophy. 500 dragons can be reached within 4-5 months easily. There should be something for longtime play as well.

50-200-500-2000 (platinum) - 5000 (platinum crown?) sounds like a nice scale.

As for benefits - I don't believe them necessary. Having that many dragons is already benefit enough.

I like the little badges. wink.gif

Maybe we could get one for ...

raising one of every dragon breed to an adult

Raising 1 of every christmas dragon to adult

raising 1 of every valentines dragon to adult

raising 1 of every halloween dragon to adult

I think we have QUITE enough badges - though trophies for more would be good - as in platinum for 2000, say ? We do get all the fun ones for events, don't forget.

This is a duplicate thread though.... It has been suggested many times.

Not everyone raises their dragons to adults, some perfer to always freeze as hatchlings. So badges for raising something to adulthood isn't that good of an idea as it will force those players to change their play style in order to get said badges.

Also, some dragons, like the Holly, is VERY difficult to get due to the lower numbers (granted they are raising in population more each year)/

Not everyone raises their dragons to adults, some perfer to always freeze as hatchlings. So badges for raising something to adulthood isn't that good of an idea as it will force those players to change their play style in order to get said badges.

Also, some dragons, like the Holly, is VERY difficult to get due to the lower numbers (granted they are raising in population more each year)/

Personally I don't think the idea of people not being able to get a badge because they don't want to play a certain way is a bad thing. All it is is a pretty picture, it won't harm them if they decide never to get it. Honestly, if we continue with this kind of philosophy, we will never get any other badge than just holiday event badges because everything has some sort of potential to run into what someone just will not do.

Also, we currently have one badge that could have run into this, the splash badge. Not everyone will want a shallow water, so anyone who chooses not to have a shallow water will never get a magikarp badge.

Edited by Nectaris

I think we have plenty of badges as it is (and look, we just got another one, for the cooking game! so we are getting more badges as time goes on, anyways).

I would NOT like badges that depend on catching and raising hard-to-get breeds like Christmas (aka, Hollies).

And I don't like the whole "have to raise every dragon ever" badge-idea, either. It doesn't even make sense. "one of every dragon breed".... Okay, but there are breeds that are no longer available to be grabbed. And what if you get the badge, and then a new release with 4 new breeds comes up? Suddenly you lose the badge because you no longer have "one of every dragon breed".

I think we have plenty of badges as it is (and look, we just got another one, for the cooking game! so we are getting more badges as time goes on, anyways).

I would NOT like badges that depend on catching and raising hard-to-get breeds like Christmas (aka, Hollies).

And I don't like the whole "have to raise every dragon ever" badge-idea, either. It doesn't even make sense. "one of every dragon breed".... Okay, but there are breeds that are no longer available to be grabbed. And what if you get the badge, and then a new release with 4 new breeds comes up? Suddenly you lose the badge because you no longer have "one of every dragon breed".

I will point out that these are one-time only badges, new people who join after this will never get them, so I don't think those should be used as benchmarks for "we have enough". Think about it, so far we have a grand total of two badges that can be gotten outside of holidays.

That said, I DO agree with you about a badge for getting every dragon. I just think that there needs to be more badges that can be gotten any day of the year, just not that one for the reasons you listed.