Umbreonage

Badge (and Trophy) Suggestion Thread

Has the 1000 badge/trophy been suggested and the 2k one?

I really think the next one should be 1,500 and one more for 3,000. I remember seeing Neph's tiny sprites once and I think there were about 6 of them. It's been a while though so I might be wrong.

The unused sprites from Neph were the ones that wouldn't properly fit on a trophy base.

If new trophies were to be added, they'd need new sprites to be made.

If there must be a breed badge, I'd prefer a badge that displays the breed that the owner of the scroll has most of. So if there would be more Night Glory Drakes on a Scroll then any other breed, the badge would display a miniature Night Glory Drake.

Ooh if we had breed badges this idea sounds great ^^

A badge for having 100 frozens and a badge for having no frozens at all

I do not like this badge because how would no frozens at all be given out?

How about a badge to help the dragon cave 'drops' like a badge for having your scroll at 3 common to every rare, or even 5 common to every rare.

How about a badge to help the dragon cave 'drops' like a badge for having your scroll at 3 common to every rare, or even 5 common to every rare.

Seems like a reasonable thing to have a badge for. Perhaps something like a balance?

Also, in this forum you're not really supposed to post twice in a row. Just saying.

I do not like this badge because how would no frozens at all be given out?

Maybe for having a certain number of adult dragons and no frozens, or being registered a certain amount of time with no frozens would be better o_o

Maybe for having a certain number of adult dragons and no frozens, or being registered a certain amount of time with no frozens would be better o_o

Honestly my view on a badge , is it should be awarded for something that cant be changed. 10 frozens because you cant get less than 10. you could even do 10,50,100 frozen hatchling badges. But for none you can always freeze one right after so I don't think it works.

Honestly my view on a badge , is it should be awarded for something that cant be changed. 10 frozens because you cant get less than 10. you could even do 10,50,100 frozen hatchling badges. But for none you can always freeze one right after so I don't think it works.

The trophy badges can be changed, though. If I were of a mind, I could release a couple hundred dragons and end up with a Silver trophy again.

The trophy badges can be changed, though. If I were of a mind, I could release a couple hundred dragons and end up with a Silver trophy again.

true but badges arent a main focus, so why release a couple hundred hard earned dragons for something thats not too big of a deal? hmm, Plus you can only collect once or try to make badges disappear if the qualifications arent met

true but badges arent a main focus

THIS. What IS the urge for badges - which clutter the top of your scroll anyway. I really think the ones that appear unexpectedly are most fun. I am still getting over the shock of my carrot...

I can see why people want further trophies - but they change as you win them, so don't take more space.

THIS. What IS the urge for badges - which clutter the top of your scroll anyway. I really think the ones that appear unexpectedly are most fun. I am still getting over the shock of my carrot...

I can see why people want further trophies - but they change as you win them, so don't take more space.

you have a great point =p but it could list the last 7 achieved and they could be mysterious...only unlocked when achieved so people dont aim for them. while its tru e i think they arent main focus, its just more fun to the world of DC I think

I think there should be a trophy called the crystal trophy. you would have to have 1000 dragons or more to get it! it would look like the others except it would be almost clear

sorry I don't know how yo make this into a picture sorry!

I think there've been several different suggestion for extra trophies - platinum, mithril and crystal/diamond among them.

Personally, I'd like new trophies for the following goals:

1000 dragons

2000 dragons

5000 dragons

10000 dragons.

Because, seriously, with the new limits, we can easily raise more dragons than before. (If my maths isn't faulty and you have endless incubates, you could raise about 9 dragons in 5 days before the change - now, a player with a gold trophy can easily raise 7 every two days. In 10 days, that would make 18 before the change, and 35 after, which is almost twice as many.)

How about a badge for having all the dinos in the Yoshi Rainbow when they finally come out?

Also, What is a humboldt dragon?

How about a badge for having all the dinos in the Yoshi Rainbow when they finally come out?

Also, What is a humboldt dragon?

I'm guessing it's a lineage ?

What on earth is this rainbow thing ?

Having a badge for dragons is kind of silly, imho, because the dragon itself is the reward. The "trophy" things for me are less "congrats you got to 500" and more "In case you were wondering, you have over 500 dragons."

@fuzzbucket: It's basically all the dino colors based on something about Yoshi. Myself, I don't really know.

@fuzzbucket: It's basically all the dino colors based on something about Yoshi. Myself, I don't really know.

Oh.... unsure.gif Goes off to google stuff xd.png

Thanks.

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but in another thread discussing armies, another user and I were talking about an army badge.

It could have stages, like bronze, silver, and gold for overall dragons, but make it army related terms (General, Captain, etc, in an order that makes sense... I don't know how ranks go.) It could be one badge at the top of the scroll, and once you click on the badge it would take you to another page (similar to the Easter basket) that would have the badges for the specific breeds of dragons that you happen to have armies of (these could have the bronze, silver, gold stages as well, and the highest rank of those breeds would be the one that shows up on the scroll page).

Also an idea I had for this is once on the Army page, you could click on a breed's badge and that would show you all the dragons of that breed on your scroll (or whoever's scroll you're looking at) as a type of filtering system for those of us who have personal sort orders that don't necessarily keep all of a certain breed together.

I hope this isn't to confusing, sorry it's so long!

I do actually kind of like that idea.

Here are the US military officer ranks:

(for army, air force and marines they are the same)

2nd lieutenant, 1st lieutenant, captain, major, lieutenant colonel, colonel, brigadier general, major general, lieutenant general, general, general of the army.

and for the navy:

ensign, lieutenant junior grade, lieutenant, lieutenant commander, commander, captain, rear admiral lower half, rear admiral upper half, vice admiral, admiral, fleet admiral.

That's a lot, and it could easily be trimmed by skipping the degrees of lieutenant and so forth. Just lieutenant, captain, major, colonel and general for army, air force and marines.

and ensign, lieutenant, commander, captain and admiral for the navy.

It would be cool to use the navy ranks for water dragons though.

I like the idea of badges if you reach a certain number of dragons of one breed, but I personally would not like it if those badges are military-related.

I know 'army' is the word most people here use for big groups of dragons of one breed, and that's OK by me as long as I don't have to use it and it doesn't become official. I do not want my dragons to go all military on me, it would be a reason to make sure I didn't get enough dragons for that, meaning I'd probably run out of things to do eventually and stop playing DC.

@Fiona BlueFire

I love the navy terms for the water dragons!

@Fengari

sad.gif

I guess not everyone uses or likes the term armies. I can't really think of a way around it. Maybe if you could turn off certain badges from your account settings? Or you could choose between army and hoard, and it would just be bronze hoard, silver hoard, or gold hoard instead of military ranks, but you could still use the filter system. I don't know if you care for hoard any better, I know I don't really like it.

I don't know anything about coding, even though I'm sure it would be possible, I bet it would be crazy hard to do.

I guess not everyone uses or likes the term armies. I can't really think of a way around it. Maybe if you could turn off certain badges from your account settings? Or you could choose between army and hoard, and it would just be bronze hoard, silver hoard, or gold hoard instead of military ranks, but you could still use the filter system. I don't know if you care for hoard any better, I know I don't really like it.

I don't know anything about coding, even though I'm sure it would be possible, I bet it would be crazy hard to do.

I don't think writing a bunch of code so people can choose the name of a badge is something TJ wants to do. Which is why I think a badge for a group of dragons (army, hoard, clan, pack, collection, ...) should remain rather neutral so nobody can dislike it. Just like DC tries to avoid references to things that are too much oriented on one specific culture or religion.

I'm sorry I was so negative about your idea because I really do like the idea of a badge that leads to a page to show of the breeds you have a lot of. It's just the link to military that I dislike.

Edited by Fengari