Umbreonage

Badge (and Trophy) Suggestion Thread

If we starting getting a lot of event badges, like the "Beat the Heat" badge, then we should get a badge basket for those as well.

I like this.

Agreed. It would help stay the clutter when/if we start getting more like those. :3

I'd prefer if the badges were part of the scroll and could be sorted on it. They have the size of a hatchling and could be placed according to the scroll owner's preference. I guess it's only me, though.

A bit confused as to what that would entail, Rally Vincent. Could you describe what you mean?

Instead of being atop of the scroll, I would like each badge to take a place within the dragons, just like a dragon. Thus, with custom sort the badges could be placed at the bottom or wherever one would want it to be.

Like this:

user posted image

Well, what is the point of a badge? Is there a purpose for the scrollowner, or is it for a visitor? For me, the purpose is first and foremost commemorative and to my enjoyment. Thus, I'd like to place the badges in between, where they woul display the same information like they do now.

Information for visitors are secondary to me - if I'd hide my scroll, the badges were not to be seen either.

But it won't happen anyway, I just told my preference. wink.gif

Edited by Rally Vincent

I just feel like they're supposed to be displayed at the top. If it was an option to move them about the scroll, sure, why not, but I wouldn't want mine to be forced into the lineup. I like them where they are, hovering above everything else.

-All dragon types collected (maybe not including holidays/neglected/etc?)

I know I'm bringing this up from the front of the thread, and I'm not even sure if someone already said this, but what about discontinued ones? What if you started in Dragcave after they became discontinued? Then they'd never be able to get the badge. Ever.

These are the ones I like:

A badge for every non-event, non-retired dragon (no neglected, no zombie)

Badges for hitting milestones in membership to DC (1 year, 2 years, etc)

I don't like any badges that are impossible to get for some people, such as due to a dragon being retired or because a user joined at a date that made it impossible for them to ever achieve the badge.

Gandorf the Guardian of Nature Summon badge was talked about in the summon thread and was agreed that the prize/award you get from summoning is the guardian of nature egg itself.

How about a badge if you caught a Thuwed? After all, they belong to TJ and are somewhat special <3

Many people don't care at all if they got a Thuwed or try to get one. That you have to get a dragon from a certain lineage seems kinda odd to me, since you need to give every "special" lineage a badge then.

^Which is impossible, because you cannot get both the badge for "no frozen hatchlings" and "100 frozen hatchlings".

Honestly, I think we don't need that many badges, it's downright crazy.

The only things I'd like to see are:

1) What we already have (maybe minus the fireworks badge because it sets an example for more badges).

2) More badges (trophies) for number of dragons. (Platinum: 1000 dragons; Mithril (or whatever): 5000 dragons) And don't worry, we'll get there so much faster than before, you'll be amazed. (Before the change, we could raise 9 dragons in 5 days (in theory; makes 18 dragons in 10 days). Now, gold trophy owners can raise up to 7 dragons in 2 days - that makes 35 dragons in 10 days, meaning we can collect dragons 3.5 times as fast as before.)

I'm against breeding badges, as this would only be incentive for people to fill up the AP. (Who'd really want to raise 100 dragons bred from one and the same dragon?)

Also, I'm against (no-)freezing badges because it would make people consider freezing even if it doesn't appeal to them. Also, I don't like the idea of badges that you cannot obtain if you want another, like the badge for freezing 100 hatchlings and freezing no hatchlings at all.

And why do we need badges for special releases or catching a dragon for a special release? Special releases are organized in a way to allow everybody to catch at least one of the special dragons, so why would we need a badge on top of the special dragon?

I think it'd be kind of cute to get some badges for some of the more common dragons. For example, 100 green dragons get you a badge of a mini green dragon. :3

I think it'd be kind of cute to get some badges for some of the more common dragons. For example, 100 green dragons get you a badge of a mini green dragon. :3

I like that idea alot.png . It would give people (another) incentive to get rid of the commons that clog everything up. Also, an army of pinks would be ridiculous and I fully support it.

What do you think of those:

A trophie/badge for collecting all kinds of commons, uncommons, rare.

We also could make some sort of gender trophie/badge so if you have over 50 dragons and lets say 90% of them male/female you get a bedge and can keep it forever/as long as the percentage evens out (~60%)

Maybe one for collecting sets? All dinos or so. Also one for all color chemes, for example of nebulas.

What about a badge for collecting all of the ORIGANAL dragons that were on the site?

~Badges for hitting milestones in membership to DC (1 year, 2 years, etc)

-Would have to be based on oldest dragon's catch date

Oh yes. Lets please have this. wub.gif

What about a badge for collecting all of the ORIGANAL dragons that were on the site?

how do you want to do that? bright pinks where part of the cave original.. and can no longer be acquired.

She probably means the obtainable cave originals.

It's been said before that there will be no badges for donators.

Maybe the artist badge can be a paintbrush?