evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

I'm so happy this site's back! ^.^ I've missed it so much, it's so fast compared to others that will lag occasionally!

I haven't been able to put my dragons in your site. I type my scroll and click but it doesn't do anything. sad.gif

Try to do a hard refresh on your browser (Ctrl+F5) just in case it's using old broken JavaScript code.

If that doesn't work, then I'm a bit confused. It works for me on the latest versions of IE, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Also, does your scroll name contain any unusual characters?

So I meant to type "dragcave" into my url bar but it accidentally filled it in with "draghatch". However, I couldn't be happier to see that your site is now up and running again. I added my eggs right away :>

This click site looks very modern and I love the clean design. I love the customisable options of how many dragons you can see in various times and will definitely be leaving the site open for a period of time every day. :3

Great job~

Edit: It might be a good idea to add a counter or something to see if you've gone through all the dragons at least once. smile.gif

Edited by Nazgod

So glad to see you back smile.gif One of my go-to hatcheries. Can't hatch my dragons without you smile.gif

Is anyone else getting an error for this site?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@dc.evinext.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I get the same error message. sad.gif

Yes. Seems like all the sites are lagging some under the load right now, and three of my standbys have closed.

Ok well I promise you I never touched anything. My host must be being worthless again or this is some kind of prank which wouldn't make sense.

The site (DC itself) is very laggy right now, so maybe that's why yours doesn't get any response from DC at times.

Even though it's glitching up, I just wanted to let you know I've been using DragHatch since the first day I joined and took my first egg ^^ Thank you for making DragHatch!~

Ok well I promise you I never touched anything. My host must be being worthless again or this is some kind of prank which wouldn't make sense.

Seems to be working fine now. Thanks.

My host's firewall blocked Dragon Cave again, that's why there was lag because the connections were being denied.

Apparently the service guy told me it would keep happening if I kept making 800 simultaneous connections to Dragon Cave.

I don't make that many simultaneous connections! ohmy.gif

Nothing is making sense anymore.

My host's firewall blocked Dragon Cave again, that's why there was lag because the connections were being denied.

Apparently the service guy told me it would keep happening if I kept making 800 simultaneous connections to Dragon Cave.

I don't make that many simultaneous connections! ohmy.gif

Nothing is making sense anymore.

800 is somewhat high, but a few hundred connections can happen if you suddenly have a flood of visitors coming in trying to visit your site and add their dragons.. Like if you have to connect to DC for every single entry along with updates, assuming each has like 21 dragons, so 40 people who are trying to add at the same time may cause many connections.. Just a guess here.

I don't know how your code works, but don't worry, it should return to normal after the holiday is over. I mean i've seen some of the bigger fansites throw out 502 and 503 errors due to the immense amount of traffic they are receiving. My site hasn't had any errors yet as I have been monitoring it, but it was quite sluggish when the release first came out as many people were trying to add their dragons.. Basically since DC is slow, it is causing my site to be slow as well because users are taking longer to fetch their data from DC.

I think the case here with you is that, since DC was slow and many users were trying to add their dragons, the connections multiplied with the amount of users trying to add and were not closed as DC was slow to respond so people stayed in the page waiting and the connections kept piling up because they only close when the dragons were added.

Since you are blocked, just wait it out I guess, I mean don't worry the worst your host can do is to kick you out. Rest assured, I've had that happen before like 3 times on releases. DC was slow and people were flooding in thus I had a WHOLE bunch of connections pending because of my cron jobs were piling up due to the slow DC connection. I had like 2800 connections or something on one host at a point, I didn't realize the cron was screwing everything up. But in the end, I just waited it out, got kicked off, had a few days of downtime due to being blocked by the firewall. Now, I just always have a backup host just in case if the site goes down or if the load is too high on the main one tongue.gif.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice Derek.

The thing is I don't want to contact my host to unblock the API every time there's a holiday.

I'll figure out a way to limit the connections and prevent the pile ups eventually.

Edited by evina

well.. not sure if this has anything to do with it, but it would seem that somehow your site is maybe being considered as a malware site. I got a warning from my work computer today when I tried to access the hatchery and was blocked from going to it - it's never done that before in the past. ???

Thanks for the advice Derek.

The thing is I don't want to contact my host to unblock the API every time there's a holiday.

I'll figure out a way to limit the connections and prevent the pile ups eventually.

For PHP, make sure you call fclose() or curl_close() as soon as you're done receiving data from the API.

Also, if you're polling for updates on individual dragons, make sure you're batching them together in one connection as described in the API documentation (see: "massview").

For PHP, make sure you call fclose() or curl_close() as soon as you're done receiving data from the API.

Also, if you're polling for updates on individual dragons, make sure you're batching them  together in one connection as described in the API documentation (see: "massview").

I did close the connections but there were too many of them.

I did not know about mass view somehow. I'll have to check that out. How I never saw that before is weird. blink.gif

EDIT:

Ok, I released version 6.2.0 which reduces the overhead of automatic cleaning with massview through the api. Everything else is mostly the same.

Edited by evina