evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

The new firefox version has disabled the option to turn off Javascript- so I know  it's enabled and  the new version won't take my scroll ???

if someone ill tell me how to check I will, but I am sure it is on

Try a hard refresh of the site. I had problems until I refreshed as have a few others.

edit: This will let you know if javascript is enabled http://dragcave.net/help/javascript

Edited by rubyshoes

Try a hard refresh of the site. I had problems until I refreshed as have a few others.

edit: This will let you know if javascript is enabled http://dragcave.net/help/javascript

Thanks rubyshoes, it is enabled and the hard refresh worked as well biggrin.gif

Thanks rubyshoes, it is enabled and the hard refresh worked as well biggrin.gif

Your welcome. smile.gif I was hoping the refresh would work.

Phew, it seems like some of the problems are finally being resolved. Thank you rubyshoes and others for the help!

If I knew that entering in codes manually was so important to people I would've left it in.

Same thing with JavaScript. I never knew that would be a problem.

Someone before told me that they didn't like the old system because someone was entering codes for them when they didn't want them to. I didn't want the hassle of that login thing so that's why I added the warning about not adding eggs for others without them requesting help.

And I probably should've renamed the resource files so the hard refresh wouldn't be needed.

I also have other stuff to fix now.

But I learn from mistakes at least. tongue.gif

It's not taking my new eggs I just caught in the AP, I get my scroll + dragons from a few hours ago. Am on ipad.

Phew, it seems like some of the problems are finally being resolved. Thank you rubyshoes and others for the help!

If I knew that entering in codes manually was so important to people I would've left it in.

Same thing with JavaScript. I never knew that would be a problem.

Someone before told me that they didn't like the old system because someone was entering codes for them when they didn't want them to. I didn't want the hassle of that login thing so that's why I added the warning about not adding eggs for others without them requesting help.

And I probably should've renamed the resource files so the hard refresh wouldn't be needed.

I also have other stuff to fix now.

But I learn from mistakes at least. tongue.gif

Here's a suggestion about the classic version. Why don't you put a notice up at the top of the site for a week and tell them a link to the classic version is available at the bottom of the screen? Some people may not visit the forums and may miss it.

Was surprised by the new look. I was online a bit ago and it still looked the same as the old one then it changed I thought my browser was messing up. -lol-

Hmmm, something seems to be the matter with the site - I can't get it to open my Scroll. Was the layout of the site changed or is that my computer being weird?

ETA: After several hard refreshes I DID get it so I could enter my beasts. I sure liked being able to put in the codes of my low-time eggs without all the hassle of having to reopen my Scroll though. Didn't think it was broken, didn't think it needed fixing.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I just got up and making my hatchery rounds, took a hard refresh to get the site to behave. (Thanks for putting up hard refresh directions for us computer illiterate people! biggrin.gif )

The warning about not add scrolls that aren't your own unless they have accepting aid on is good. I do use your site when I scroll sit for others.

However I am very disappointed you enabled auto ER of dragons. One of the things I loved about this site was the ability to get some views to lower time trade eggs without worry they would hatch when I didn't want them to. That does make the site less useful to me. sad.gif

Edited by Dracaena

I just got up and making my hatchery rounds,  took a hard refresh to get the site to behave.  (Thanks for putting up hard refresh directions for us computer illiterate people! biggrin.gif )

The warning about not add scrolls that aren't your own unless they have accepting aid on is good.   I do use your site when I scroll sit for others.

However I am very disappointed you enabled auto ER of dragons.  One of the things I loved about this site was the ability to get some views to lower time trade eggs without worry they would hatch when I didn't want them to.  That does make the site less useful to me. sad.gif

Fog eggs/hatchlings to have them removed from the low time viewer and use the old site for now if you wish.

I am currently working on adding some fancier features to the new system which should make it a lot better. If I knew about these problems before I would've postponed the release of the new version.

Edited by evina

I do miss the flexibility of adding either individual eggs or the whole scroll. I liked using the add individuals by code for ND exps, or if my scroll is hidden. Also, it allowed me to remove fogged creatures, while the new system doesn't.

I would *really* like to see manual removal from the low-time window, though, or at the very least more frequent auto-cleaning - it's annoying to need to fog something for up to an hour before it's auto-removed, not to mention all the adults and fog balls always clogging up the ER window. I've often avoided using the site's ER at all because I can't remove my fresh hatchies. (7-day hatchies are just as susceptible to sickness as 7-day eggs, I've found, so keeping them in an ER after they've hatched can cause them to get sick. sad.gif).

I do like that I can add/remove everything with a single click now, that's very convenient.

Anyway, hope this helps! Thanks for continuing to improve your site. smile.gif

Cheers,

Shala

Fog eggs/hatchlings to have them removed from the low time viewer and use the old site for now if you wish.

I am currently working on adding some fancier features to the new system which should make it a lot better. If I knew about these problems before I would've postponed the release of the new version.

The point I was making is I don't want the site to decide for me when to ER an egg or hatchling.

Plus I never used the ER here for the same reasons others mentioned. You couldn't get them back out of the ER once they had hatched. I would give up and fog things overnight it took so long for them to be removed. Definitely not viable for eggs/hatchlings up for trade.

The point I was making is I don't want the site to decide for me when to ER an egg or hatchling.

That's what I meant. I am going to fix that.

And there will be a way to remove them too.

The site has been reverted to 5.3.1 for now.

The new ER cleaner was an epic fail and when I came on this morning the little window had 2234 dragons in it.

The second beta of version 6 will come when I have fixed some of the issues. I don't know how long that will take.

Once again, thank you for being patient. Some people prefer the new changes and others don't. I will try my best to compromise in a way that pleases as many as possible. wink.gif

Edited by evina

Judging by the little I could glimpse from the new version, it looked quite neat to me.

Good luck getting the little kinks sorted out smile.gif

6.0.0 BETA 2 released

The new version is back. A lot of things have been fixed. And now you are given the full ability to both add and remove eggs/hatchlings in the low time viewer!

There is also a nice code input section added.

I encourage everyone to try out the new system and let me know what you think is still wrong, if anything.

In time I will probably remove the classic site.

Looks good and everything I tried seemed to work fine. Thanks smile.gif

Looks and works great for me, too. Thanks for the fab updates! happy.gif

Typo: after entering a scroll name, the table header says "Nursury", should be "Nursery".

Typo: after entering a scroll name, the table header says "Nursury", should be "Nursery".

Thanks for pointing that out.

The site is finally out of beta.

Seems to be slightly broken for me, I'm getting an error message when I enter my scroll name and no hatchlings or eggs are showing up in the viewers.

Edit: I moved my mouse over the viewers and it said serer refused connection, so maybe its something in the API?

Edited by brairtrainer

That would explain why the viewers are so full. Seems to work now though, I just added my dragons.

There is no "Low Time Dragon Add" box for me, since last night.

There's dragons in the low time box, but nowhere to INPUT dragons numbers.

DOH !! OK, found it ..NEVERMIND! biggrin.gif

>^,^<

Edited by KatWolfdancer