evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

Hi there, I just noticed that there are a lot of adult dragons in the viewer.

Would it be possible to enable a tool where you can (as an user) click on a dragon, and it will be deleted (if adult) from the hatchery?

(See AoND or Silvies for an example).

I think that would help move along the hatchery a bit ^.^

Hi there, I just noticed that there are a lot of adult dragons in the viewer.

Would it be possible to enable a tool where you can (as an user) click on a dragon, and it will be deleted (if adult) from the hatchery?

(See AoND or Silvies for an example).

I think that would help move along the hatchery a bit ^.^

Sure there are some adults but it's really not that big of a problem. 90% of the viewer entries are eggs/hatchlings. Every dragon is checked every 8 hours by the server.

I might consider adding a feature to remove them manually with 6.0 but I'm not sure. It seems like a bit unnecessary.

Thanks for your suggestion, though. smile.gif

I currently can't load into DragHatch, Chrome can't find the server. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by purpledragonclaw

I'm having the same problem. It showed up once after I did a hard refresh, but not since. Dragonbreederscave is doing the same thing...

I'm also having trouble getting the page to load. Anyone have any idea what's wrong? It was working just fine yesterday.

It's loading - very, very slowly. Maybe your browser's timeout threshold is too low? Just keep trying.

It seems to be working fine for me now.

Version 6.0.0 BETA released!

I've been working on this for a while now. A lot of code in there was very old and needed to be updated.

Here is a list of some things that have changed since the last version:

- Only one ad now.

- I updated the way dragons are added and removed. This is probably the biggest change of all. Check it out.

- The sharing box in the top left corner can be hidden.

- I added warning to people adding eggs/hatchlings for others not accepting help.

- A tremendous amount of other changes were made behind the scenes.

Please give me feedback and bug reports. Thanks. biggrin.gif

Edited by evina

Works fine for me and I love the new way of entering dragons.

Aww, entering my scrollname and hitting enter no longer works. (At least I think it used to... I hope I'm not misremembering xd.png)

Otherwise, great! I have to admit I'm missing the old add/remove just for the novelty of it, but it did have the downside that you couldn't add and remove simultaneously, so the change is hugely appreciated!

Thanks for your hard work! (And for a great and simple hatchery. <3)

It's not letting me add my new egg. I got a low time egg on the AP. When I put in my scroll info and check the box next to it and say add it says "can not add this egg" and there is no place to just put in er eggs...

I've used this site for a long time... i'm not a big fan of things changing. Personally I liked the old way better (especialy for the er if you are babystting on a fansite and the person who owns the er baby dose not have their name shown on their dragons).

I may move on and find a new egg site if it's not going to be user friendly as it was before... it was easier to see which eggs needed to be added and you could just click on them, instead of a long list you have to scroll down.

And if an egg can't be added there should be a reason... like if it's already in the hatchery, or if some one is trying to er it say it's not an er egg or it's already in there. Just saying 'can't be added' with no reason why is not helpful and is going to make people frustrated and stop using the site.

Edited by Melisande

Something just happened. Earlier this afternoon I updated my scroll, just now I went to add a couple new AP eggs and the add scroll isn't working.

edit: Just read up far enough to realize the site was being worked on. So far the posted changes don't really make sense as nothing at all seems to happen when I enter scroll name and hit open scroll.

Edited by Dracaena

Just saying 'can't be added' with no reason why is not helpful and is going to make people frustrated and stop using the site.

Yeah well I did just release this so I'll look into it.

I'm not having any problems, and I'm seriously loving the update! Especially the new enter/remove system~ smile.gif

I FIXED THE ER NOW. I THINK.

ER eggs/hatchlings can be added but not removed yet though. I will fix up some of the issues I've found soon.

Try not to be too frustrated. Everyone has helped a lot.

I FIXED THE ER NOW. I THINK.

ER eggs/hatchlings can be added but not removed yet though. I will fix up some of the issues I've found soon.

Try not to be too frustrated. Everyone has helped a lot.

I have an ER hatchling and it entered into the ER/low time hatchery fine. Thanks smile.gif

Can't seem to add my scroll but since there is a space in my name that tends to be the problem. Never could add it before. I just added the eggs individually.

Your site is now completely unusable without JavaScript. Admittedly, this won't be a problem for many, but it will be for some people/devices -- including, I'm guessing, Dracaena.

I agree with Melisande about the long list to scroll through, as well. If you're planning to put more information about each dragon to fill out the space, that's fine, but if you're only going to have those three tidbits for each dragon, it causes quite the space-wasting vertical stretch. Perhaps consider flipping the whole display 90 degrees, if that won't stretch it too wide as a result?

Also, now that clicking on dragon sprites doesn't select them, it would be nice to have them link to the view pages instead.

Your site is now completely unusable without JavaScript.  Admittedly, this won't be a problem for many, but it will be for some people/devices -- including, I'm guessing, Dracaena.

I agree with Melisande about the long list to scroll through, as well.  If you're planning to put more information about each dragon to fill out the space, that's fine, but if you're only going to have those three tidbits for each dragon, it causes quite the space-wasting vertical stretch.  Perhaps consider flipping the whole display 90 degrees, if that won't stretch it too wide as a result?

Also, now that clicking on dragon sprites doesn't select them, it would be nice to have them link to the view pages instead.

Very helpful.

I knew it would force everyone to have JavaScript enabled now but that's fine.

And Sir Barton I can open your scroll just fine, even with the space. Again, you might not have JavaScript enabled.

Do really that many people keep it disabled?

And yes I agree with the vertical space thing. I will find a way to remedy that. I can add links too.

One more thing! The old site can be accessed at http://draghatch.tk/classic/ now. That's for everyone who still has issues.

Edited by evina

And Sir Barton I can open your scroll just fine, even with the space. Again, you might not have JavaScript enabled.

Do really that many people keep it disabled?

Most people I know (especially coders and myself) have JS disabled by default, and manually enable it for some sites if they absolutely require a particular feature.

The main reason is, JS does client side manipulation of the site rather than server side, and we (being all the people I know that have JS disabled), prefer to know exactly what a website is trying to do to our browser, and with JS disabled what we see is what they were letting us see, not what they were forcing our browser to do.

So yes, a lot of people have JS disabled.

I had to hard-refresh to get anything to work, despite having scripts enabled. Try that if the site isn't working for you but javascript is allowed! (Windows: ctrl-F5; mac cmnd-F5?)

Thanks for leaving the old version available, I really do like the functionality of dealing with codes. Didn't realize how much until I was confronted with the new version. (It's nice when I forget to take a newly-grown dragon out beforehand, I hate leaving adults in hatcheries if I can help it.)

Thank you for leaving the classic site available! That helps a lot. I went onto Draghatch and started having problems, so I came here and found the link. :3

The new firefox version has disabled the option to turn off Javascript- so I know it's enabled and the new version won't take my scroll ???

if someone ill tell me how to check I will, but I am sure it is on