evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

Something is wonky. Had trouble last night with the site not responding, today I was able to enter/remove my dragons. However the nursery is getting jammed with adults with grown up dates ranging from the 26th to 29th.

Something is wonky.

Yes, something is wrong and I have no idea what is causing it. I will try to figure it out, though.

EDIT: Ok, I found the issue and fixed it. The site will clean itself and will be back to normal in no time.

Edited by evina

Thanks for the good work evina smile.gif One little thing though:

We just tried to add ND experiments to the site and in both cases DragonHatch insisted that the eggs wouldn't exist (both via code directly AND if you went over the scroll)

This seriously messes with ND experiments sad.gif

Edit: After it hatched the site has no problem finding the hatchling.

Edited by herk

Thanks for the good work evina smile.gif One little thing though:

We just tried to add ND experiments to the site and in both cases DragonHatch insisted that the eggs wouldn't exist (both via code directly AND if you went over the scroll)

This seriously messes with ND experiments sad.gif

Edit: After it hatched the site has no problem finding the hatchling.

That is odd. Are they at exactly 0 hours when you try to add them? I think my code might actually think 0 is another way to say 'nothing'. I made a change to see if it makes any difference.

That is odd. Are they at exactly 0 hours when you try to add them? I think my code might actually think 0 is another way to say 'nothing'. I made a change to see if it makes any difference.

Well as ND experiments yeah they were at 0 hours.

Please give back the click on the picture of the egg it was so much more user friendly than a long list. I'm still using the classic site and will be very, very sad when it is taken down.

Please give back the click on the picture of the egg it was so much more user friendly than a long list. I'm still using the classic site and will be very, very sad when it is taken down.

Actually I think having the codes is very helpful (if you have more than one Magi egg at vastly different times for example), but I did prefer the horizontal display to the vertical one, because I only play at my desktop computer with a wide screen and I didn't need to scroll, while now I do.

I'll see if I can make the table more compact. The vertical height is something everyone hates. Maybe I can make the checkboxes bigger and easier to click too.

The problem with the old site is that, well, it's old. Some code is obsolete and might not be supported for much longer. It's hard to find problems when they happen. It's inefficient with resources. I might have to switch to a new host sometime soon and they might not like so much bandwidth usage. It's not very secure and these days on the internet you can't help but worry. I don't see how it's user friendly at all. huh.gif

To be honest, I just don't like the old site. I try my best to make the users happy, though.

Plus with the new site you can do add/remove operations to the nursery and low time viewer at the same time.

Edited by evina

I much prefer the "new" to the "old". I like the options and like that we don't click the egg to add

I'll see if I can make the table more compact. The vertical height is something everyone hates. Maybe I can make the checkboxes bigger and easier to click too.

The problem with the old site is that, well, it's old. Some code is obsolete and might not be supported for much longer. It's hard to find problems when they happen. It's inefficient with resources. I might have to switch to a new host sometime soon and they might not like so much bandwidth usage. It's not very secure and these days on the internet you can't help but worry. I don't see how it's user friendly at all. huh.gif

To be honest, I just don't like the old site. I try my best to make the users happy, though.

Plus with the new site you can do add/remove operations to the nursery and low time viewer at the same time.

I think it's great in general - a few points can usse a bit of work to make them perfect - but heck what doesn't.

Happy to report taht the latest ND experiment was found by your side smile.gif

Anyone else notice that Draghatch says the Dragcave can't be accessed?

Really puts a damper on the Er'ing. Hope it is not something serious

since other fansites seem to be working ok.

Anyone else notice that Draghatch says the Dragcave can't be accessed?

Really puts a damper on the Er'ing. Hope it is not something serious

since other fansites seem to be working ok.

Yes, it is something serious. dry.gif

I switched hosts and spent almost the entire day trying to get this site to work. One problem led to another and then another. I'm taking a break. Sorry if you leave my site for another one. I'm just sick of working on this right now.

Understandably enough. smile.gif Take your time.

I love your site and whenever it's running again, I'll come back.

Thank you for all the work you put into it!

Just wanted to drop by and say draghatch is my favorite fansite, so I hope it will be available again. That being said please take all the time you need and thank you so much for the hard work!

I love your site and will be back to use it once it is up again. Thanks for all your hard work.

Oh evina! I am so sorry to hear your problems, this is one of my favorite

used fan site! I use other sites, and each site has good features,

but you have done such an amazing job with this one. I am surely

hoping your frustration will ease and you can rise above the challenge!

(like everyone else, will be checking back frequently!)

Edited by grammydragon

Best of luck getting this fixed. I will miss using it til then.

Yes, it is something serious. dry.gif

I switched hosts and spent almost the entire day trying to get this site to work. One problem led to another and then another. I'm taking a break. Sorry if you leave my site for another one. I'm just sick of working on this right now.

Eeeks, I know how this feels. Very annoying to have a site basically killed by incompatible hosters! mad.gif Good luck with getting things sorted out!

I'm sorry to hear about your host issues, evina, and I hope you get it fixed to your satisfaction. I'll be back to use your site once it returns, it's one of my favorites.

I'm sorry to hear your new host is giving you fits. Take your time & I look forward to seeing your site back up & running again! *LOVED the new look before it went down*

Ok well even worse news. I'll explain it to you

DragHatch works by connecting to Dragon Cave's API. This provides my site with information about everyone's dragons so they can open their scroll and I can filter out the ones that don't belong in certain places.

Unfortunately my access to the API is blocked. I have no idea who's fault it is, but 3 days of work later I can rule out the possibility of it being me. Both my host and TJ deny any issues from their ends.

And a few tests later I think I believe my host now. It actually allows me to connect to other sites, but not dragon cave.

So I don't know what the deal is. Until Dragon Cave stops hating DragHatch my site will never come back. sad.gif

I hope I will find a solution soon enough, but this isn't looking good...

Ok well even worse news. I'll explain it to you

DragHatch works by connecting to Dragon Cave's API. This provides my site with information about everyone's dragons so they can open their scroll and I can filter out the ones that don't belong in certain places.

Unfortunately my access to the API is blocked. I have no idea who's fault it is, but 3 days of work later I can rule out the possibility of it being me. Both my host and TJ deny any issues from their ends.

And a few tests later I think I believe my host now. It actually allows me to connect to other sites, but not dragon cave.

So I don't know what the deal is. Until Dragon Cave stops hating DragHatch my site will never come back. sad.gif

I hope I will find a solution soon enough, but this isn't looking good...

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that. I hope something can be worked out. I really liked your site!