Gsea

Warrior Cats Books!

what is your opinion on the warrior cats series?  

394 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Love 'em.8D

Erin is getting better at leaving us wanting more like at the end of Night Whispers.

My favorite of all the series HAS to be the first one, considering my favorite character *cough*Yellowfang*cough* was alive in this one.|c I was so sad when she died.

Yellowfang was awesome. xd.png I'm glad the Erins didn't just leave her off completely, she still plays a role in the books, just in StarClan.

IMO, the Erins were always good at making hooked endings. wink.gif

Edited by Stunningfire

They're alright. I used to be a much bigger fan than I am now. I prefer the first series more than any of the others. I think they're are too many plot twists and I think it shoulf of ended a long time ago.

*cats xd.png Wow... guess that's kinda old.

@Icepelt: I do like plot twists usually, but recently the plot twists in Warriors are really crazy. *cough*Hollyleaf*cough*

Edited by Stunningfire

Omg I love Warriors!

That's all I can say, aswell as I love Yellowfang and Bluestar, mainly why I prefer the first series

The characters in the first series were pretty awesome, yesh. Even though I think the whole dead-cats-coming-back-to-power thingy is way over the top I'm glad they didn't go away completely ^^ I didn't really like the way the Erins made Bluestar near the end of the series though.

I LOVE this series. So. darn. much. I have to admit, when I first read it I was all "Oh, another book about cats. Like we don't have enough of those." From the first book, I was hopelessly hooked. I fell in love with all the different cats of Thunderclan, especially Bluestar and Fireheart (who are and always will be my favorite characters). Though, I did notice a few flaws in the series:

- Basing the series around a prophecy or forbidden love. I mean, really? Propechies are fine, but I think they've beaten the whole "OMG I'm from one clan and you're from another clan and we love each other, let's run away and make babies" plot to smithereens.

- I really wish the clans would have a bit more personality. I mean, ThunderClan's proud (to the point of being slightly obnoxious sometimes), RiverClan loves water, WindClan lives on the moor and hunts rabbits, and Shadowclan's evil and wants to steal everybody else's territory. Not really much depth in terms of personality traits there.

- The different levels of interest in all the series. The first two were awesome, the third one was okay, and the fourth one, at the moment, is boring me to tears. I mean, I still like it, but I think a little more action needs to happen in the fourth one.

Other than that, this is one of my favorite series. It's full of action and mystery, and while the characters may not act exactly "catlike" and are hard to keep track of sometimes, I still rate this series as a definite high on the rating scale. For anyone who doesn't like it, though, I can respect that. We all have different tastes in literature, after all. smile.gif

1) Totally agree with that. The whole forbidden love thing is getting way too old. Although GrayxSilver and LionxHeather were cute couples. =3

2) Eh... I guess. IMO the personality changes with the leader.

3) Boring? It seems like there's wayyyy too much drama. ohmy.gif

1) Totally agree with that. The whole forbidden love thing is getting way too old. Although GrayxSilver and LionxHeather were cute couples. =3

2) Eh... I guess. IMO the personality changes with the leader.

3) Boring? It seems like there's wayyyy too much drama. ohmy.gif

True, they could tone down all the drama in the series, including the whole Breezepelt/Jayfeather scenario. Guys, we've established that you hate each other's guts. You don't need to keep hinting at it. Then again, I'm only on the first book of the fourth one,(mainly because I hate buying hardcover books...) so let's see how it goes.

And yes, LionxHeather WAS a cute couple. Until they started hating each other for no apparent reason. Personally, I always liked LeafpoolxCrowfeather.

Edited by azila

Again, more drama. They turned the old plot of cross-Clan relationships into more drama, especially with kits. Even that's getting old. So, to prevent that, they make the kits hate each other. x.x

I've only read the first book a few days ago. I loved it.

But it was written in Dutch and the translations really suck D:

So i try to get the original versions..

I love this series. I own every book, and every book is read. I'm currently stalking the authors website everyday for any sort of hint of what the next book is about.

Sign of the Moon came out yesterday! I want to get it so bad ;_; I need money D: It looks so interesting, though for this they're bringing the Tribe back and Jayfeather has to go help them. I am tired of the Tribe needing help |D

I got it the day it came out. Yay for Nookbooks! biggrin.gif /shot

But anyway, highlight for spoilers: Dovepaw is Dovewing now. I was totally expecting that because of the prophecy... Ivypaw's Ivypool... and apparently Bumblestripe has a crush on Dovewing o.O I haven't got very far, they just met the Tribe.

;A; I finished Sign of the Moon today. I checked it out yesterday evening |D It was awesome! I loved seeing the Tribe again despite my recent dislike of the Clan cats heading on a quest for the Tribe cats. xd.png

I can't wait for The Forgotten Warrior! biggrin.gif

Spoilers, highlight to read:

OMFG Blossomfall is training in the Dark Forest with Ivypool o-o

And Hollyleaf may indeed be alive. NUUUUUUUUUUUU

I won't post other spoilers since I don't want to spoil too much of the story. xd.png

Eh, I used to really like Warriors. I started losing interest in the books rght around Power of Three. I stopped buying the books after I got Fading Echoes. Meh.

I mostly got sick of how they kept dragging out the old cross-Clan relationships and randomly making characters start hating each other.

I'm kinda ''meh'' about the entire series now.

I like the Warriors series. I've pretty much bought most of the series. Despite all this, I am really getting tired of all the drama that has been building up in the newer series. Come on! There are all those forbidden relationships. I have lost some of my excitement for Warriors pretty much from reading books from Omen of the Stars.

I really like this series. the author has a nice style of writing, and i think it's neat to imagine if cats actually thought and lived like that.

love it

i just HATE MY CURIOUSITY

i see spoilers everywhere, and i'm like.. okay i won't read it, and then i'm like it's proabbyl about the 2nd series. yeah... so i read them lol

it's just that some parts are just too tragic and just kinda.... biased, cause of the Clan hating and ___ and ___ love eachother, can't be mates cause of their clans

They are some of the best books ever. I'm suprised people don't like them.

Yes, did someone eat their brainz or get bitten by the master?

Warriors is GREAT. It will always be better than any other book. Movie soon! Yay!

Glam.

Add a vote that says "EEEEEEEEEE I LOVEIT LOVEITLOVEITLOVEITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" because that is TOTALLY me.

*clears throat then starts bouncing around crazily*

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARRIORS OMEN OF THE STARTS BOOK FIVE: THE FORGOTTON WARRIOR IS COMING OUT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*spazzes and continues bouncing around crazily with hapiness*

I thought the first two series were really good- especially the second one.

But starting at the third series, it just got really boring and bad at the same time...

The fourth series is a little better but I feel as if their writing style has changed- and I don't like the new one that much. I think they have too many authors :-/

I stopped reading them, but I may begin them again some time later. But I seriously think Erin Hunter needs to stop writing Warriors; I feel as if they're running out of good ideas :-/ If you ask me, I think they should have stopped with the second series.