Dr. Paine

Description comments

I took that fromPirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest. wink.gif The whole description is a tribute to that movie.

Speaking of which:

*excerpt* Whenever she spots young Brimstone hatchlings, she swoops down and kidnaps them, holding them close until she realizes they are not her own. Her shattered mind blinded by despair, she then rips them apart with her claws and mouth.

User Comments

Abstain: ohmy.gif

This was the very first comment from the votes on a series of descriptions I recently wrote. It's exactly the reaction I looked forward to. (im a badperson sorry dude/lass)

From the shell this dragon came,

Without a lineage or a name.

No one knew what would become,

Of a little one without a mum.

It begged, it sqealed,

For some affection, for some appeal.

It watched from afar, so cold and alone,

As the adults were fussing with their own.

Too busy were they to give a care,

Their young gave them no time to spare.

And so this hatchling, so cold and alone,

Crawled around and howled and moaned.

Where was the love it so desperately wanted,

Every moment it was haunted,

By the thought that it would never grow,

Strong, big, have a healthy shining glow.

And that is all that became of this one,

Seeking its father, seeking its mum.

Never to age until it found,

Parents to keep it safe and sound.

User Comments

Reject: its good but not dragcave style at all sad.gif

????? I didn't realize there's a dragcave style.

There isn't. Clearly that reviewer hasn't seen any of the existing poem descriptions!

The Original Fukkireta, or simply "Original", is one of the unfortunate hatchlings forced to be a backup dancer for KyaryPamyuPamyu (a crazed Spitfire). Every day, it has to practise extremely tiring, albeit comical dance routines for the pleasure of that particular dragon. Original vows to get revenge on Kyary by turning her into a frog. Until Original's magic skills improve, however, it will keep desiring the revenge it plans.

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Interesting. smile.gif ~D

Accept:

Being one of the backup dancers of KyaryPamyuPamyu (a crazy-ish Spitfire), Inbred and I know it is accustomed to acting submissive and doing weird dance moves. Other than becoming Kyary's favourite dancer, Inbred and I know it plans to build an empire of legendary fleas. When not learning difficult choreography, this hatchling also enjoys writing. Most of its stories consist of flying human noses that haunt abandoned mansions, telepathic goats and talking mealworms with a cherry on top.

Accept: This can be written by only one person xd.png *checks dragon's page* Yep...

Accept: well-written, error-free, and amusing smile.gif

Accept: Interesting. smile.gif ~D

Accept:

Accept: Inbred is an interesting dragon. smile.gif I accept!

Nose-flavoured Ice-cream, like many of the other hatchlings in the cave, is slightly weird. Unlike the others, however, this hatchling wants to stand out from the other abnormalities. It has done many things in an attempt to achieve this goal, from making nose-flavoured ice-cream (hence the dragon's name), to attempting to give the other dragons a free makeover and impersonating them.

Accept: The question remains: whose nose? -Ƭ

Accept: Wow that's a weird name. xd.png ~D

Accept: The eccentricity is a charming aspect. ~S

Honestly, I have no idea whose nose it is. XP

Humans stole my cookie is a Mint hatchling who, as its name probably suggests, dislikes humans. Actually, "dislike" is a euphemism. This hatchling detests mankind and wants them to do insanely insane dance routines and morph into yellow tangerines. The reason for all its hatred is simple; when Humans stole my cookie was younger, an impudent human child stole its cookie. Devastated and heartbroken, it set out on a mission: to force all of humanity to bow down to it and give it free cookies. Due to its shy nature, however, Humans stole my cookie probably won't accomplish its dream very soon.

Accept: Wow, that was quick! -Ƭ

Accept:

Accept: Interesting. ~D

Lyrett and the Magical Earplugs is just another misunderstood hatchling. Lyrett, as it calls itself, likes to hide in a box to fantasize about its imaginary world. At least, the other dragons think it's imaginary. This hatchling often talks about its world, rambling on about a pair of magical earplugs that will transform dragons into kumquats and vice versa. The other dragons simply laugh at its beliefs. Consequently, little Lyrett put itself on a quest; to prove the existence of the earplugs and the magical world.

Accept: This is completely bizarre. Awesome. biggrin.gif -pg

Accept: Hmm, ok. xd.png ~D

Night's Arrow, like most Swallowtail dragons, adores flying, and he is very skilled at aerobics. However, he is shy, and if he catches even a glimpse of another dragon patrolling the skies, he will immediately dive onto Earth and hide in large crevices carved into boulders. Owing to this, Night's Arrow is not a dominant figure in the dragon community.  Although Night's Arrow is a rather solitary dragon, he does enjoy the occasional dance around the skies with some other, weaker, dragons,  he is much too nervous to even attempt this with larger, threatening males.

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Not bad. smile.gif ~D

Accept:

Reject: *Night's Arrowz 

The reject ticks me off. I've changed his name since, by ONE letter!! Seriously?

The reject ticks me off. I've changed his name since, by ONE letter!! Seriously?

Don't let it bother you too much! One reject does not a mod reject make.

This sentence, though:

Although Night's Arrow is a rather solitary dragon, he does enjoy the occasional dance around the skies with some other, weaker, dragons,  he is much too nervous to even attempt this with larger, threatening males.

I would split into two:

Although Night's Arrow is a rather solitary dragon, he does enjoy the occasional dance around the skies with some other, weaker, dragons.  He is much too nervous to even attempt this with larger, threatening males.

as it's kind of a run-on/comma splice right now. (Fine otherwise!)

Don't let it bother you too much! One reject does not a mod reject make.

This sentence, though:

I would split into two:

as it's kind of a run-on/comma splice right now. (Fine otherwise!)

Thanks!! I'll go and edit it right now... AND change the name dry.gif !

I've seen Phantom Rejects all the time before. But THIS?

Princess Cadance Notevil Goodpony is a World Peace Advocate, Organ Donor (as in, she builds organs and donates them to musician dragons in need), Wildlife Conservationist, Hatchling's Book Author, and is aspiring to be the freely elected leader of her own country. Or was, at least. Francis Sparkle was, at one point, her fiance, but after a certain series of events, he wed to Twilight Sparkle instead, at which point Cadance went missing, and has been so for two months now. Nimbian authorities contacted those close to her to see if they had any clue as to her whereabouts, but were all unsuccessful. She has been assumed dead and her case has been closed, at least for the time being.

● Reject:

● Reject:

What am I doing wroooooooooong ;-;

I've seen Phantom Rejects all the time before. But THIS?

What am I doing wroooooooooong ;-;

No idea. huh.gif The bracketed bit made me laugh!

User Comments

Reject: its good but not dragcave style at all sad.gif

????? I didn't realize there's a dragcave style.

Honestly, as a sometime descrip reviewer, I would label that as "Awesome". nicely done. smile.gif

This really made my day:

My description (it's for my winter magi)

Owbik is a gentle and friendly dragon. He is very curious but seems to often be quite distant. But he isn't, in fact he is very focused; it's just the way he tends to freeze up as if he's daydreaming when one is near him. His colours and intricate patterns are admired by other dragons not only because they're unique and beautiful, but also because his breed is only ever seen at a specific time in winter. It is thought by many that seeing a winter magi like Owbik is a sign of happiness and good fortune in the future.

The comments

Accept:

Accept: Truly made me wonder what's he thinking about. Curious fella.

Accept: Whoa!! I have a habit of listening in to conversations while everybody assumes I'm daydreaming!!! That DESERVES 1000 approvals!! Sadly, I can only give you one... :P -

Accept:

It really cheered me up and now I feel all bubbly and warm inside! To be honest, I thought that was one of my worst descriptions haha :P Best of all though, it's made me feel motivated to write more descriptions :D

After the failed rebellion of the Districts against the tyranny of the Capitol, the President of Circenses decreed an annual tournament to be held in which sixteen tributes, two from each district, would be locked in an arena, only one of them allowed to leave it alive. These are the Starving Games.

Born in one of the wealthiest districts of Circenses, Craftsman lacked nothing in his youth. Food was abundant there, as well as all the materials he could desire to craft all sorts of objects out of raw materials. As a hatchling, his parents encouraged him to train his skills as a warrior, teaching him to build traps and to learn all the magic spells known to them. With a vicious disposition and a hardened mind, it was unsurprising that he volunteered as a tribute for the first annual Starving Games. Strong and athletic, the training was easy for him, impressing friend and foe with his skills. As he entered the Games, he felt nothing but a murderous frenzy throbbing through his veins.

User Comments

Accept: lol okay i'll read it this time, after seeing it on the forums X-P I suppose a black dragon works best for this anyhoo, being warriors and all. A trap-maker though? Interesting. ~X

Accept:

Accept: *are called the Starving Games, *athletic the training was easy | Nice! Hope all of your Hunger Game tributes get recognized and have their descriptions accepted! ~c340

Abstain: Cool idea, end it with more of a plot

Add more of a plot in the 4 remaining characters rolleyes.gif Rest of the plot will follow when Craftsman II grows up! smile.gif The Games are far from over yet...

Edited by Mirhana

Add more of a plot in the 4 remaining characters rolleyes.gif Rest of the plot will follow when Craftsman II grows up! smile.gif The Games are far from over yet...

biggrin.gif

(I disagree with adding 'called' - that sentence is fine as it is.)

La-cerba Druu-Pafor - Dark Green

There is a tale often told in the humble village of Pyllivor; it tells the story of a dragon the color of poisonous ivy, who burrows herself beneath the most attractive of wild-plant and waits patiently for a victim to fall prey to her trap. She feels nothing but pleasure when her food screams and wails, giggles at the horrified, trapped looks in their widened eyes, and smiles from the thought of her nth kill. But, she has a secret...

La'cerba is a terrible romantic who often dreams of the day when a dragon with overwhelming strength will wander into her trap, but defeat her in a game she favors above all others; cat and mouse. He would release her from his clutches, possibly forgive her, maybe even give her a visit every once in a while despite knowing her true nature.

But she would then be awoken to the sound of twigs cracking, the heavy breathing of a frightened creature, and she would rise from beneath the ground and strike without a thought. Without a care.

Abstain: wild-plant -> wild-plants ('the most attractive wild plant' or 'of the most attractive wild plants'), giggles -> but giggles nth -> ???

Reject: nth isn't a word

Accept: There seems to be a few spelling errors that need correcting, but overall an interesting concept smile.gif

Reject:

Accept:

What am I doing wrong? D: I used "wild-plant" deliberately but if that seems wrong, I'll get rid of it--I suppose. I don't understand "giggles nth" blink.gif and, as far as I know, "nth" is a word. Otherwise, can't find any other errors.

La-cerba Druu-Pafor - Dark Green

Abstain: wild-plant -> wild-plants ('the most attractive wild plant' or 'of the most attractive wild plants'), giggles -> but giggles nth -> ???

Reject: nth isn't a word

Accept: There seems to be a few spelling errors that need correcting, but overall an interesting concept smile.gif

Reject:

Accept:

What am I doing wrong? D: I used "wild-plant" deliberately but if that seems wrong, I'll get rid of it--I suppose. I don't understand "giggles nth" blink.gif and, as far as I know, "nth" is a word. Otherwise, can't find any other errors.

nth is technically correct and you're probabably being told it's not a word by someone who doesn't know about the Nth Degree and stuff like that!

wild-plant, however, isn't and doesn't really work. I do agree with changing that to something like 'the most attractive of the wild plants'.

I don't see any spelling errors, though, so I'm not sure what that one person's talking about. huh.gif (And spellcheck doesn't either!)

nth is technically correct and you're probabably being told it's not a word by someone who doesn't know about the Nth Degree and stuff like that!

wild-plant, however, isn't and doesn't really work.  I do agree with changing that to something like 'the most attractive of the wild plants'.

I don't see any spelling errors, though, so I'm not sure what that one person's talking about.  huh.gif (And spellcheck doesn't either!)

Thank you! biggrin.gif I was so worried because, after I finished writing it, I actually thought this was one of my best descriptions yet, then I thought I did something really wrong after reading the comments. .__.

I laughed so hard.

When Solaire was young the bitter cold left her wings brittle, leaving her crippled and unable to fly. Her pack, receiving the incident as a sign of weakness left her behind to die. But her mother, refusing to leave stayed with her young one, and raised it on her own. Neither of them cared for their pack's betrayal, the latter feeling profound pride for the hatchling, the daughter she cherished to whom winter hadn't been kind. As the months passed Solaire grew. Winter gave way to summer and the youngling was no longer young. She had heard so many stories of her kin's flight on the shortest day and longed to join them. "Moon Chasers" they called them, for they brought the night so soon. Frustrated she flapped her fragile wings, if the winter wouldn't accept her as its child then the summer would have to. And high she flew! For solstice comes twice and She who now Chases the Sun flies higher on the longest day, an old Moon Chaser flying close behind her.

Accept:

Abstain: fix some of the gramar

Whoever you may be, thank you, you made my day better.

Edited by flitzthesoulreaper

I laughed so hard.

Accept:

Abstain: fix some of the gramar

Whoever you may be, thank you, you made my day better.

Oooh, that really should have been fix some of the speling! xd.png

(Just re-approved that one, with the new made her wings brittel.)

Strammer Max lives with humans. He is nobody's pet, but he likes being around them to observe their odd traditions, courtship habits, and the like. He's even accepted the silly nickname they gave him, after a dish (that at least is quite tasty). He's also perfectly fine with obeying their laws when possible. The denizens occasionally scoff at a dragon following decency statutes but don't make a fuss about him otherwise. Strammer Max is a pretty nice dragon - the worst thing he did wasn't that terrible a crime and he insisted on being tried and sentenced like everyone else. The first Christmas he spent in that town, he was so fascinated by their advent calendars that he stole one. He got 25 days.

Accept: LOL nice. ~D

Accept: i didnt read it but its a holly so +1 and i want hollies so+1 and i like holliys +1

Accept:

Accept: Ha, such an interesting dragon. Funny about the 25 days thing. smile.gif

That second comment. Ha! I giggle snorted while reading it. I'm guilty of accepting descriptions if they have a really great name or reference, so I'm kind of on the same boat.

That second comment. Ha! I giggle snorted while reading it. I'm guilty of accepting descriptions if they have a really great name or reference, so I'm kind of on the same boat.

Cute pun, but don't advent calendars have 24 days? All of mine only have 24.

Cute pun, but don't advent calendars have 24 days? All of mine only have 24.

Oh. >.> Minor oversight. Fixed it.

It All Goes Downhill From Here, Frozen Male Nocturne-

It All Goes DownHill From Here, also known as DownHill, is the keeper of the cave. He watches everything that happens and writes it like a book in his memory, with not a single event fading away.

A few have asked DownHill how he continues to be a hatchling, with no spell cast on him whatsoever. His reply is slow and steady, with a hint of melancholy floating around him.

"I will not become an adult and never will. My work for life is to remember, and adults do not remember. They go forward and play with life, and that is not my purpose."

DownHill does not play with the other hatchlings, or even fly with the other Nocturne dragons at night. He sticks to the entrance of the cave, eyes forward, with almost no visitors that want to talk to him. Only his owner and one lone mint hatchling ever come to stay by him; no conversation ever starts between them and DownHill is fine with that.

"Silence is a way of life, and is the center of mine."

Accept: Nice smile.gif -H

Accept:

Accept: Very unique. I hereby give you the smiley face of approval: smile.gif

Accept:

Accept: Very nice! ~D

Jawr, Male Vampire-

This Vampire has a rather interesting reputation among the other dragons of the cave. Jawr has a sarcastic and arrogant personality up front. He likes to cause arguments with the dragons around him and is usually the one who comes out on top, no matter what the topic was about.

One thing that Jawr just loves to flaunt is the fact that he loves another male. He seems to enjoy the looks on the faces of dragons who have very strict definitions of love and is truthful with details towards them. Most of the dragons in the cave try to ignore him when such a visitor appears but never apologize for his behavior; doing so just gets him to be even more obnoxious.

There is a warning that is told to every hatchling in the area every day.

"Don't visit Jawr and his friend at night." They are told. "It doesn't matter that the Vampire hatchling does it, just don't do it yourself. Vampires are dangerous."

Accept:

Accept:

Seiar, Male Vampire-

Seiar is a very friendly Vampire when the sun is up. He listens to other dragons' frustrations and helps play with the hatchlings, taking them on flights and play fighting.

When the sun goes down, however, no dragon goes to Seiar with their troubles. Doing so would cause the wrath of both Seiar and Jawr to fall upon them, since both Vampires only like to talk to each other at night. It has been noticed by other dragons that Seiar becomes more aggressive and hot-headed when the sun is down and he is with Jawr. Both of them seem to be in fights all the time, with Jawr winning the argument and Seiar trying to get the last snarky comment in before they move on to another topic.

Sometimes during the day, Seiar warns other dragons to not mess with Jawr. While the other Vampires reputation is mostly enough to keep others away from him, Seiar warns that Jawr can become very violent when he gets angered. While nothing has happened yet, Seiar says to keep Jawr away from very stubborn dragons.

Accept:

Accept: Looks good to me. smile.gif ~D

^Both Vampires were rewritten.

Diamond In Disguise, Female Solstice-

Diamond In Disguise, or Diamond, is never accepted into the caves with joy when Christmas is around the corner. It is not just because of the feelings of the other dragons; the other Christmas Dragons are always welcomed when they come by. Diamond was the cause of such hostility herself.

The dragon has an aura of magic around her that has been in affect ever since she was born. This magic works on any who talk or even walk around her and the effect is immediate. It twists how one thinks, making them become her slaves by choice. And of course Diamond takes advantage of this magic, curling it around her claws and turning it against any who oppose her. Diamond enjoys its power and does whatever she wants to her slaves.

Fortunately, Diamond only visits the cave when Christmas appears, so her powers don't have much time to work. Her visit is always chaotic, since some dragons are always trying to get her human and Dragon slaves away from her, freeing them from years of service.

Accept:

Accept: Hmm, interesting. ~D

Igdornian, Male Wrapping Wing-

Igdornian is a swimmer. He is always diving into the frigid sea waters to float slowly in the open ocean. The bubbly silence seems to call to him and the Christmas dragon is almost always out and about in the water, smiling at the fishes.

There are some problems with his habit, however. His breed was never built to live in any body of water and Igdornian is always getting sick. He usually looks too pale, and trembles and shakes whenever he tries to stand.

The Christmas Dragon has a friend that keeps other dragons from keeping him from going to the sea, however. Sentimental Android, as he is called, has become a companion to the sickly dragon, escorting him to the ocean and waiting on the beach or above the water for him.

Sometimes, when the water affects Igdornian too much, Android curls up around him on the sand and tries to keep him warm. The sight has become very common lately, even if the water is warm and comfortable.

Accept: Very good! smile.gif ~D

Reject:

Accept: You write good descriptions ~Rai

Accept: Interesting Take on the Christmas Dragon

Sentimental Android, Male Wrapping Wing-

Android, as he likes to be called, has a very big problem. He was born with no understanding of emotions. The Christmas Dragon can not seem to get himself to recreate the feelings that he sees in other dragons and it has been a heavy weight on him. Feelings and emotions are far away from his reach, to his mind, and Android just sits in the back ground. He used to make no friends, since he cannot give them the attention they give him.

This changed, however, when Android met another dragon of his species. The Christmas Dragon was much frailer and of a completely different mindset then himself, but they somehow connected. It is very hard to find Android without the company of his friend, Igdornian, and even harder to hear Android talk to him. This silence from his side does not make the other dragon feel left out.

It is not uncommon to find them snuggled up together by the ocean, with Android staring off into space and Igdornian having a one-sided conversation about fish.

Accept:

Accept:

Perugrine, Male Yulebuck-

Perugrine has a very lovely voice. So many dragons go after him, male and female, to hear the words he speaks. They get into his privacy and are always spreading rumors about his personal life and where he lives. This has made the Christmas Dragon always on the move, trying to find a place to live in peace.

Gossip is everywhere, however, and wherever he goes there are already a bunch of excited dragons waiting for him. Since Perugrine cannot fly, he has to use his powerful legs to run from rapid 'fans'. He never gets a moment of peace and has started to become snappish and irritated towards other dragons.

Of course, the dragons who 'love' him don't seem to notice what they are doing to him and just continue to push him over the edge, always wanting to hear more and more of his voice.

Accept: Poor guy. ~D

Accept: Poor dragon... *Tear* Approved... *SOB*

Dancing Sashes, Female Ribbon Dancer-

Dancing Sashes is a dragon who loves to dance. Her movements are never organized or have a rhythm, so some dragons ridicule her for begin so random, but this dragonness doesn't care about that. All she cares about is letting herself channel the music around her.

Though some just don't like her, many dragons ask her over for their Christmas parties to liven up the mood. Her magic seems to be based on dancing, so some rumors say that dragons who never knew how to dance do so incredibly well in her presence.

Though she has many admirers, Dancing Sashes has a few problems with her life. For instance, she never actually has a stable place to sleep. Most of her 'friends' say that their places are too full and that she should try the next house down. Sometimes she goes without eating because no one is willing to spare her a meal.

But it really doesn't matter to the Christmas Dragon. Even though she doesn't always get what she wants, she always finds a way to do what she loves most: dancing.

Accept:

Accept: Nice.-H360

Accept: Good job! ~D

I See All, Female Grave-

I See All is completely mute. No sound ever escapes her mind or lips, but it never interferes with her life. She has nothing to say to anyone, and never answers questions, as words are not important to her.

The Grave Dragon has never been seen flying. This sparked the rumor that she can't fly, and I See All has done nothing to disprove the idea.

Any hatchling that meets her always has an abstract feeling of paranoia and fear following them after the encounter. She has been observed to stare at her guests when their backs are turned, but the emotion in her eyes that many expect is never there.

The cave she lives in is filled with many oddities, but the tiny human contraptions called music boxes are the most unusual. The dragons who have heard music boxes before say that she must have tinkered with them, as the sounds that escape them seem to be on repeat, with no climax of music or ending. Some dragons say that the repetitive sounds put listeners into a trance.

Accept: Great! ~D

Accept:

Accept:

Xx-Outer Science-xX, Female Stone-

In an unmemorable village that sits between two mountains lies a terrible guardian. Any who venture past the town's walls don't come back alive, leaving grieving families. Travelers are trapped with the rest of the inhabitants, their lives spared when they walk to the town, but forfeited when they try to leave. Any who look over the walls at night, trying to create an escape plan, find that they don't want to test fate. Their own eyes catch the gaze of scarlet red orbs, and all feel as if a blood-soaked noose has tightened around their necks.

While no one ever comes back to the village alive, the mornings after they leave are always heavy with horror. Their rooms and housings are covered with what is presumed are the people themselves, the walls painted red and strands strung up on the lighting fixtures.

Sometimes, bits of stone are scattered about with the organic mixture. While there were a few rumors, all have died since the guessers came home to houses destroyed by chunks of rock.

Accept:

VEGETA -- I Can Fly, Frozen Baby Ridgewing-

This little baby dragon seems to have a hard time believing that it can fly. While flight actually could not be acquired in its original state, a traveling Magi Dragon cast a spell on it to be able to fly with just a thought.

While the baby does float in the air every once in awhile, it always seems very surprised, shouting to anybody in range that "I can fly!". Once it gets its legs back onto the ground, the baby just forgets the incident. While this may be funny the first few times, many dragons have now gotten incredibly tired of the same sentence over and over.

But trying to be mean to the baby has no affect, since it just seems to accept everything as a compliment, so many just say "Yes, yes you can."

Accept:

DOOOOOODGE, Frozen Female Seragamma Wyvern-

This hatchling just loves throwing things at other dragons and screaming the same word over and over as loud as possible.

While many newcomers think this is quite cute and funny, they soon leave with many bruises and broken eardrums. It has been noticed, however, that they still view the hatchling in positive light, which has confused many of the native dragons who have lived with the creature for most of their lives.

Accept:

The Road To Awe, Female Nocturne-

This Nocturne Dragon loves the night sky. The darkness allows her to become free from her frozen state and she rises high into the air, the clouds below her and the starry ceiling above her.

She chanced upon a Wyvern on one of her flights and was enthralled by his singing. Soon enough, she was able to gain his friendship and they became fast friends, sharing secrets and flying in the night.

She thinks that she is selfish for freezing in the sunlight and taking away the time that the Wyvern could use without her, but feels happy that he cares enough for her to wait the day away. The Nocturne makes sure to always make the night flights with the Wyvern memorable and is always on the look out for something that he would like, be it a shiny rock or a lovely tree sapling.

Accept: Good! ~D

Accept: Really nice description and sweet draggie personality

Accept:

RITTR, Frozen Female Albino- (Already put up her description a few pages back)

Accept: Very nice smile.gif -H

Accept: Hmm, interesting. ~D

Accept: Freaky!! I like it!!! -

Xil, Male Black Marrow-

This Black Marrow was once a timid, shy creature. He was always afraid of the idea that he wasn't a dragon; as a hatchling, he looked like a blob of red flesh. A lot of dragons bullied him, even the Vampires; they laughed at his misfortune and tricked him at every opportunity possible.

While Xil grew up, the only friend he had was the human who owned him. He eventually pledged undying loyalty to it, promising that he would protect their life with the cost of his own. When the Black Marrow finally was an adult, he became a formidable foe. He held many bitter grudges towards many of the other dragons, but kept them hidden. His loyalty was much more important than some petty bullying, and Xil ignores most of his older childhood enemies.

The Black Marrow is now almost always around the human, referring to it as 'Master' and doing its bidding. He sometimes takes it out flying at night, enjoying the silence they both share.

Accept: Ah the loyalty of a black marrow. ...does its master have to wear a mask tho? o.o ~X

Accept: Nice job. smile.gif ~D

^Decided to rewrite Xil up to date with the idea of his owner not being a very good person. Thank you first person; while I don't totally understand what you meant, it always makes me happy seeing my descriptions getting comments.

Freaky Thursday, Female Black Marrow-

Freaky Thursday is known for her skills at solving mysteries. It isn't that she is very smart; no, Thursday is just determined. She'll set her mind on anything and some sort of result will come from it.

Recently, Thursday found out about an incident concerning another Black Marrow. Its family was wiped out by a tsunami, leaving the dragon grief stricken. Taking the matter into her own claws, Thursday found that foul play was at work; it was caused by a small group of dragons.

Horrified at this level of hatred, Thursday decided that she needed to meet this Black Marrow herself. Instead of finding information, however, Thursday found herself falling in love. She knew that this was cliche, but she was stunned by how lovely this dragon was. While angry at herself for falling for a dragon dealing with grief, Thursday became a good friend.

Though no one may ever know about how she feels, not even the other dragon, Thursday feels quite content making her happy.

Accept:

The Lost Love, Female Black Marrow- (Had some spelling errors)

This Black Marrow has a great love for the ocean and, as such, she lives in a small cave on the beach. Though many of the sea-faring dragons that swim in the area dislike her presence, she pays no mind to them.

One day, after a large clutch of her eggs hatched, she led the new babies to the shore line. One of her earlier daughters sat next to her and they watched the children, the both of them content and peaceful.

Then it was all broken as the ocean water receded from the shore and the Black Marrow mother watched in horror as a huge wave rushed forward. Knowing that she had no time and not caring, she tried to grab her newborns, but her older daughter pulled her away and up into the sky to avoid the crashing wave. It slammed into the sandy beach and overwhelmed everything, washing away the Black Marrow's young family.

When the water finally pulled away, leaving an empty beach, her daughter led her back to the soaked ground and watched as her mother grieved over her lost children.

Accept:

Accept: Very sad. sad.gif ~D

Accept:

Accept:

Accept:

Accept: Wow That Was Sad, not a bad story though

Accept: oh my gosh thats so sad ;_; -pandy

Move To The Beat, Male Royal Crimson-

This Royal Crimson Dragon is one of the nastiest dragons in the cave. He ridicules all that try to talk to him and is overall just mean. There are a few select words that many dragons call him, but there are three of them that describe him as a whole. The Royal Crimson is a racist, a sexist, and a homophobic.

Though the dragon dislikes being pinpointed with these names, he does not try to discourage such assumptions and instead just makes them fit his personality. He gives dirty looks to any dragon that does not fit his narrow world and embarrass them whenever he can. This only works rarely, however, since most of the dragons he doesn't like are much older than him and have found ways to give back bad karma.

Take, for example, Jawr, the Vampire who likes other males. Jawr knows that the Crimson dislikes him and gives him dirty looks. So, the Vampire's revenge is to make a bold display of his orientation whenever the dragon looks at him.

It effectively sends the Crimson running away.

Accept:

Siwen, Male Magi-

This Magi Dragon is very mysterious and quiet. He lives in a cave by himself, far from the prying eyes of other creatures.

Rumors tell about how the Magi goes out to a specific clearing during the nights of a full moon. The stories are filled with different details, but all stick to the same plot.

He appears from the trees surrounding the clearing, they say, and walks into its middle, head lowered and wings closed. After a few seconds, he speaks words too garbled to understand and a purple aura appears over his fingers. Once he is finished, he raises his head to look directly into the eyes of a purple phantom. It has the same shape as the Magi, but with huge white eyes and a jagged mouth. The both of them nod to each other, and then raise themselves up, hands clasped together.

The rumors then say that they both dance under the moonlight, moving like a pair of humans. When the moon starts to leave, the phantom vanishes and the Magi leaves the clearing, head lowered in visible despair.

Accept: Oooh, interesting. ~PG

Accept:

Accept: Good! ~D

Possibly Clueless, Female Bright-Breasted Wyvern-

Possibly Clueless, or just Clueless, is part of a large group of Bright-Breasted Wyverns who love to squawk about absolutely everything under the sun. The trees that they nest in are filled with noises, with Clueless's loud banter being the main beat. She doesn't actually talk about anything gossip worthy; no, Clueless only talks about the random little things in her head. Conversations with her are very chaotic and she has a habit of making others forget what they were trying to do.

While it may seem like Clueless is an embodiment of her name, the Wyvern has a secret side that she hides from her friends. She becomes smarter, using clever tricks and lies. The dragon only lets this side out when she's in a strangers company, always reverting back when another of her species is around.

The dragons who've only met this side find that the Wyvern is very unique. The fact that Clueless will introduce herself as a male doesn't go unnoticed, though many are too polite to actually bring it up.

Accept: Great! ~D

BassRanger, Male Vine-

This Vine Dragon is much like the rest of his species; short tempered and hostile. The fact that he travels in a small group of two other dragons going on 'adventures' stuns most dragons.

BassRanger is never buried underground and is always basking in the sun. Since he doesn't take nutrition from the ground, the Vine Dragon has a gaunt appearance, his body wasting away. This doesn't seem to affect his skills and BassRanger can move quickly for a short time. He uses toothed vines for ranged attacks and then leaps in the fray with claws and teeth.

His relations with the other two dragons are not the best. The Moonstone is a total idiot to BassRanger and the Vine is always getting into arguments with him. The White is deemed beneath him, since they rarely see eye to eye. Since all three males are just travelers, none of them can impress the females of their species. This means that the Vine is always hooking up with random females in small towns, which both of his companions hate.

Accept: If he's not getting nutrients from the ground he must be even more dangerous... more likely to be eating anything that moves! o.o Watch out for his appetite! ~X

Accept:

Accept:

Comfort Zone, Male Nhiostrife Wyvern-

This Nhiostrife Wyvern is a quiet fellow. He was always viewed as a rare species in the cave, and, even as his breed became easier to find, many dragons feel as if they are in the presence of a legend. He doesn't take advantage of the attention, however, and that is what made many dragons like him.

The Wyvern loves to fly high above the clouds, the difference between land and sky distorted, and sing as loud as possible. He is by no means a horrible singer, but has such a high voice that many mistake the music to come from a female.

The first one to ever hear him, a Nocturne, became one of his best friends. He accepted her friendship and they both fly out into the night, the free air shaped by their wings.

Accept: Nice! ~D

Accept:

Accept:

BassMage, Male Moonstone-

This Moonstone Dragon can be described as very simple and dumb. He doesn't understand sarcasm or insults, so many dragons around him find him a giant nuisance. The Moonstone did find something to do with his life very early, however.

Becoming part of a group of two other dragons, BassMage is a very important to the team. He has to conjure up shields to protect his Vine and White companions, so he always feels important. While he does get picked on by the Vine Dragon, he doesn't feel put out and enjoys the attention he gets from his friends. The White Dragon sometimes speaks to him, talking about simple things so BassMage doesn't get confused.

While the 'adventures' the three go on are fun and entertain BassMage, he does feel that something is missing. His Vine companion says that it is the absence of females and always runs off when they stop at villages, but the Moonstone doesn't think that is quite right.

He just can't quite name it, but BassMage feels that it is very important.

Accept:

Accept: Good job! ~D

Accept:

Lucky Change, Baby Zombie-

It all happened too quickly; the swift slash of the dagger, the hatchling's yelp of pain, the aggressive roars of its parents. The human was smashed into the far wall, death brushing past it, as another dragon rushed in and beat back the parents. While the fight started up, the human stumbled to the limp corpse of the hatchling and quickly smeared out a bloody circle, chanting a few ritual words.

All happened in a few seconds. The hatchling let out a weak breathed squeak, stopping its parents cold. As the large Black Marrow watched the parents warily, ready to attack them at the next sign of hostility to the human, the hatchling staggered to its feet and stared at them all.

After a second, the human scooped up its already decaying body and turned to its parents. Giving the two dragons a blood-curdling smile, they left with the Black Marrow following after. The parents stared after them, shock and grief taking over, as their one and only child disappeared from their lives.

Accept: Good!

Accept: Good story! ~D

-----------

Working on a story in the 'Give your dragon a Journal' thread, so some of the old descriptions are going to be changed up. Working on a few more dragons; trying to go for a creepy factor for now.

Xil, Male Black Marrow-

Accept: Ah the loyalty of a black marrow. ...does its master have to wear a mask tho? o.o ~X

Accept: Nice job. smile.gif ~D

^Decided to rewrite Xil up to date with the idea of his owner not being a very good person. Thank you first person; while I don't totally understand what you meant, it always makes me happy seeing my descriptions getting comments.

Don't black marrows have a smell to them? *rereads breed description*

"Despite their dreadful demeanour and often horrid stench, Black Marrows are devoted mates and parents."

A filtered mask to help mitigate the stench? (It was mostly in jest anyhow)

---

Ariadne loves words. She loves the sound of unusual words. She loves the feeling in her mouth as she (tries to, usually quite unsuccessfully) pronounce each syllable. She's never been successful at anything more than partial syllable mimicry, and never uses it to communicate - she has better ways to say things than with her tongue! To her, speech is more like music. The percussion and rhythm of language excites her. When she first met a human of another tongue her eyes bulged out and for the next five hours she was buzzing with excitement, unable to be separated from the new sounds coming from the foreign one's mouth.

Accept: This makes me want to speak German or French to your dragon! biggrin.gif

Accept:

Accept:

I'm sure she'd love that! laugh.gif

Aatuv loves to learn by observation, although some are put off by how in-depth he is. The little pygmy has been called a spy, a pervert, creeper, and any name in the book concerning someone watching or staring for more than desired. He never seems to gather that his attentiveness is unwanted in some situations, but when watching something meant to be taught he is almost always the first to understand the workings thereof.

Accept:

Accept: Very nice! ~c340

Accept: Haha, nice. ~D

Glad someone got a laugh out of it! biggrin.gif

Edited by Xyie