LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

Soria gave into the snicker, gaving sound to her and Atisith amusement. Soria was amused with what Atisith had relayed to her from Tilleth. Soria stepped over to Hethath an Atisith with light steps. Leaning against Atisith, she added her own opinion to the conversation. Well, a good lesson in manners will do them no harm. She is okay though right, Tilleth?

The boy looked over to the female. "Look, I appreciate the nice gesture...but I don't deserve that. Thanks anyways." the boy mumbled, his voice had absolutely no emotion in it. It was almost scary how emotionless his voice was. He sighed. "I better get home, my uncle may need me to do something..." he whispered to himself outloud.

The fat man just laughed. "Not mine huh? He's always mine, his father gave him to me. A nice gesture for Shekar if you ask me, although the boy is almost like the devil himself." the man laughed. "Come here boy. Tell the nice lady she's wasting her time." he laughed. The dark child looked over to her. "You are wasting your time...I'm sorry." he almost moaned as he jumped down the cliff back to his uncle, who was the fat man. The man smiled. "What did I tell you about running off again boy!" he yelled angerly, punching the boy in the stomach. The boy fell to the ground and his aunt giggled hysterically.

The boy clenched his teeth, trying not to retaliate. If he did he would be beat more. The fat man kicked the boy in the head with his hard boots, causing blood to gush out of the young man. He stared up at the fat man, his eyes were full of hurt but no one could see that. The crowd almost seemed to cheer the fat man on as he beat the boy senseless. "Don't you have something better to do then protect the dark child rider? He doesn't want your help, he'll only bring more pain and death to this world." the fat man laughed as he picked up a large plank of wood. The boy saw this and moaned, he knew teh next few hours were going to be brutal.

Bezervn smiled "thanks for helping me with my hair, I just have a heck of a time with it, that's why I cut it so short!" She sighed and scrunched up her face. "ah-ah-COOO! Sorry, I'd never thought I"d say this, but I think I sneezed from lack of dust!" She sighed and thought sadly about Igen. "A very sandy place indeed" She sighed again.

Edited by Lichenfur

Heedana nearly screamed as she saw what was going on. She grabbed her sword from Tilleth's side and slid down the rocky side again. With a twist of her wrist, she split the wood in two. "because it is not him that I am defending, but the world from people like you." She didn't understand why this man seemed intent on bringin the wrath of someone who could ban him from the weyr. She stood in front of the boy and stared at the man as Tilleth landed behind her and the boy. She was ready to fight if she had to. "I don't think you understand. it was not a request for him to no longer be yours...but a demand." she said her yellow feline eyes burrowed into the mans head. If he made another move, she would have no ohter reason than to cry insult and fight him to the death. At least the boy would be released and he would come to be a Candidate. She twirled the gold filagreed longsword that had been a gift from the weyrleader's brother. It was sharp enough to cut through wood as well as people.

Tilleth entered the boys mind as she sniffed his hair. You have no reason to not accept her help. She can take you to be a rider...she is going to be the next Weyrwoman...do you not know that? she said her voice soft but wondering. It was odd for her to enter another person's mind that was other than her Heedana's, but it was necessary. Her eyes whirled an angry red as she felt the young one's pain. This will happen to you no longer. Her growl started to grow louder and louder as her anger grew as well.

The boy was used to being talked through in his mind. His reply was harsh and stern, unlike his voice. I don't care! I don't want her help! I don't want anything to with the riders, I've had enough. Plus can take care of myself... The contrast between his outer-self and his inner self was astonishing. Inside he did seem to be the monster everyone thought he was. All his thoughts were violent, all of them vengeful.

The man laughed. "The boy is MINE. His father will be really displeased if you take him from me." he sneered. "Although you may be high and mighty and such, wouldn't you want to honor the wishes of a fallen comrade?" the man seemed to think he had won, a satisfied smile went over his face.

The boy sickly smiled and yanked the long wooden plank out of the fat man's hands. He stared at the man and the rider, the wind blew his hair out of his face. A sick look was all across the boy's pale face. " Like I said, appreciate the help Weyrwoman, I really do...but," he smiled sickly as he turned to the fat man. The man eyes widened as he saw the boy turn to him. "I told you he was evil!" the man screamed as the boy swung the plank into the fat man's head. "I can take care of myself..." he whispered as he threw the plank down onto the ground next to his uncle, who had been KO'd by the blast to his head.

The boy laughed a bit. His laugh was even emotionless, it was like he had forgotten how to feel. He glanced over to the Weyrwoman. "They weren't kidding miss." he sighed as he began to walk away.

Edited by zexion577568

Heedana growled to herself. "you don't understand! Henath...the oldest Searching dragon has been trying to look for the one who had the potential to be a rider. She said his mind was dark and that he was different...so far you fit the bill." she said slipping her sword back into it's scabbard. She was put off that so many people disrespected her including the man that was his Uncle. She ran up behind the boy pushing through the crowds to get to him. "From what Henath has told me, you have amazing potential...but you have been through many a hatching...that doesn't matter. I had been through 5 before Tilleth selected me... and rumor is some of the largest dragons have been reported as male and black...please." she said and stood where she was letting him walk on. She shooed the people around her and they soon obeyed and if the didn't, her hand was quickly placed on the hilt of her sword.

T'lom stared at Ezran, utterly speechless. And he had thought being in the mines sucked? If anything, the mines sounded like heaven compared to what she had been through, but he knew he would never fully understand her endeavor. Never. He could really only think of one thing to do. He gently pulled her into a soft embrace. "I won't hurt you," he promised. "I won't let anyone hurt you." What was that strange feeling in his chest. He knew how terrible of an emotionally weak position he was in after his whole ordeal, and he was doing things he never usually would have done, yet it all felt right. Could it be love?

((D'aww! Why can't more guys be like that? Guys my age are so stupid and stuffed with egos. Man, that was tough to write.))

Talea brushed out the last knot. "You used to live in the desert?" She was completely interested. "I've heard it's hot there, but it must be amazing! I couldn't imagine so much sand in one place!"

((I just remembered Talea's color is indigo. Magenta is for another charrie of mine on a different RP. I hate making Talea sound like a ditz....))

((I might make another male character considering how many females we already have....What is up with that?))

(( Let's see. There's Heedana, Soria, Rebekah, Talea, Ezran, Cleo and Bezervn. Those are just the active ones. Although, I think Miss Ramoth said she'd be busy for a bit. For males we have K'leb, T'lom, Shane and K'lath. And the reason is I think a good number of us are girls. I was thinking about making a guy, too. Just have no clue what to name him. I do know I want him to be a brown. Maybe a blue.>.> Cause yeah. 7 girls to 4 guys. ))

(Wow. There are an awful lot of girls. It wouldn't have changed the human ratio but maybe Blira should have been a boy... xd.png btw sorry I haven't posted for so long.)

Rebekah jumped off the bed, startled. Blira fell to the floor. "Sorry." she murmured. "What was that?" She had heard what might have been a dragon's roar. "I have to find out!" She scooped Blira up, set her on her shoulder, and ran out of the room into the hallways. She ran unerringly through them, and at last reached what may have been the cause of the commotion. She had made her way outside and saw a boy whack a man with something and say something, then start to walk away. She had heard other things as she got closer, but she wasn't able to make them out. She shoved through the people to the front and went several steps toward him. "Wait!" she called to him, reaching out with her hand. Glancing down at Blira, she noticed the fire-lizard's eyes widening in surprise, and she realized what she had done. Never had she done something so bold in her life. She blushed and put her hands behind her back.

Edited by Pigegirl 2

"Hurry up Sesania, we're almost there!" Sesron cried out happily, almost skipping with barely contained delight as the mountains towered around them. The brown haired teenager grinned as he spun around to look at his twin sister, his straight hair flying around him.

Sesania smiled calmly at her over enthusiastic brother. "Calm yourself Sesron. We'll arrive in due time." In each hand she clutched the reigns to their runners. Unlike her brother, she walked calmly and with the gentle smile that she was well known for. "It's not like Benden Weyr will just vanish."

Sesron laughed and raced back to his sister, having gotten ahead in his excitement. "How do you know? Stranger things have happened in the last couple years," His eyes were bright with excitement as he broke out in song, singing the praises for the great Weyrwoman Lessa and her trip back in time to bring the formidable weyrs forward.

"Oh do stop Sesron," Sesania said worriedly as one of the runners tossed his head at the sudden out burst. Once her twin brother calmed the runner did as well, following the green eyed twins as they lead the way to their new home.

"So what do you think it'll be like? Master Robinton didn't say much when he instructed us to come here," Sesron said as he scratched the back of his head.

"I figure it'll be...interesting to say the least." Sesania said in reply.

Sesron grinned and twirled around, picking up his sister in the process. She dropped the reigns to their runners in surprise as her twin brother spun her around.

"Sesron! Put me down!" Sesania cried out in surprise. Once back on the ground she quickly knelt to check on her fragile lap harp. she released the breath she had been holding once she was sure her lap harp was fine.

It was long until they were standing outside Benden Weyr.

"I've never seen so many dragons in one place!" Sesron said as he tilted his head back too look up at the many dragons that dotted the sky.

"Neither have the runners!" Sesania cried out as she tried to keep the runners from bolting. They were only trying to pull free when a blue firelizard came out of between and fell onto one's back.

The runner reared at the feel of the strange presence on his back, knocking Sesania back.

"Maybe we should have taken Master Robinton up on his offer instead of taking Runners," Sesron said as he darted to grab hold of the bucking runner.

"Gee, you think?" Was Sesania's only reply as she held her quivering blue firelizard.

E'ran had been put on watch that afternoon much to his distaste. Why is it that the newbies are put on watch? he asked while patting the reddened hide of his dragon and lifelong friend, Gleanixth. A sound much like scraping rocks emanated from the smaller dragon's chest as he laughed. My dear rider, you mustn't be like me. I am the one that is to become irritated...but hey, look down there you baffoon! he shouted at his rider as he took off before E'ran could utter another word. He quickly grabbed onto his dragon's neck with his legs and leaned back as his dragon dove down to the entrance which he knew he shouldn't be doing. This is not a good idea...shards! this is not a good idea...F'nor will have my hide you bloody dragon! The only sound that came was a challenging roar at the new comers. Will you calm down? he said making his dragon land several hundred feet off so as not to scare the runners. He slipped off the dragon whose size was between that of a brown and green and onto the ground. He looked at the people behind him with a shudder. I cannot believe you, you giant red oaf! he said with a slight growl as he turned around. Gleanixth shoved his rider forward with his wing towards the people then threatened to bite the boy if he didn't run.

E'ran took of at a long legged jog towards the two and stopped in front of them. "Hello there and welcome to Benden Weyr. I am E'ran rider of the Blood Gleanixth." he said and bowed slightly at his waist while placing his left hand over his heart. He stood back up to look at the two of them recognizing that they were twins.

The runners had just started to calm back down when one of the dragons descended upon the small group. The dragon's roar sent the runners into a frenzy and it was all Sesron could do to hold onto the neck of his runner as his sisters tried to pull free of Sesania's grip.

"This is getting ridiculous," Sesania commented more to herself then to anyone else. Quickly, she reached into the saddle bag and pulled free the blanket. In one swift movement, she covered her runner's head with the blanket. Although the runner was still agitated, it did calm. Sesron mimicked his sister's move.

The blue firelizard jumped into the air and flew over to Gleanixth, chirping his disapproval. He did not like the fact that his Sesania had been in any way in danger.

"Plummet be polite," Sesania said and the blue firelizard flew back to her, landing awkwardly on her shoulder.

Sesron couldn't take his eyes off Gleanixth. He couldn't wipe the big grin off his face even if he tried. With a skip to his step, he took a step forward and bowed, his arm sweeping out in a dramatic gesture of respect. "I am Journeyman Harper Sesron and this is my sister Journeywoman Harper Sesania." He came up from his bow and continued to admire the blood red dragon.

Sesania shook her head slightly, her short curly hair falling into her face. She pushed her hair back as she smiled at E'ran. "It is a pleasure to meet you. Master Harper Robinton sent us."

Soria blinked as she watched all that was actually in her view. She was extremely curious as to what was occuring, especially after the second roar of a dragon. She pressed outward seeking a dragon that would tell her what was going onin both places. Winking to K'leb, Soria darted up Atisith's side and asked to take to the air. When Soria and Atisith were in the air, Soria opted to take off to the second roar and to leave Heedana and Tilleth be. Never gets boring does it, Atisith?

The boy whipped around. "I don't want anything to do with you riders..." he growled. "Thirteen isn't the magic number I'm afraid." he spat as he turned away. He didn't need this, not today. He began to walk away but stopped. "Listen... I'll come with you..." he sighed. He didn't have anything left here anyways, he had assaulted his uncle and would be hunted for being evil and then killed. That would be only a bit worse than going to where the dragon riders were, again. At least they were a bit less likely to kill him.

The uncle had gotten up now, holding his head. "That's it! You have crossed the line boy! Never return! If you do I'll kill you like I should have done earlier! begone Dark one!" he wailed. "No problem..." he muttered as he looked to the rider female. "My name's Shane...not that it matters." he uttered. He definitely wanted out of here now.

Gleanixth snapped at the little blue firelizard as three other blues popped into the air around E'ran. He sighed inwardly and looked at the two. "Terribly sorry about that....Blood's have a mind of their own especially when it means protecting their home. I am sure that one of the Weyrwomen would have heard of your arrival, and if not, the message might not have come yet. But for now, please follow me and we will get your runner's situated. He said and stroked the head of the largest blue, Kyl. The other two Gusto and Uther, shared his other shoulder while watching the new comers.

G'lor had watched when Gleanixh had taken off and mentally called his dragon. Xitith flew to his weyr, picked up his rider and was soon with the others. At his rider's behest, he entered the minds of the silly beasts and calmed them as best he could. "Hey there E'ran! I see Gleanixth is stirring up things again?" he said with a laugh as he slipped off of his dragon. "You two must be the new Harpers eh?" he asked in a jovial tone.

Gleanixth snapped at the Champagne dragon and growled deeply in his throat. He looked up to see the queen rider in the air and muttered to her. Only new comers...

Heedana grabbed the boys wrist and marched through the crowd and smiled as Yenay hissed and dove at any that got in her way. "Good, you'll stay on my level so I can keep a watch on

you." she said as hostilely as she could. Tilleth pushed her way into the boys mind. Insult me again, and you wish you would have stayed in the lower caverns. She said as Heedana pushed the boy onto her dragon. "Tilleth!" she shouted at the dragon. "Sorry...her manners need some working on...I have been gone for a long time." she said in a sad sort of way as she climbed on in front of him and made Tilleth take off. They flew above the weyr for a few miles and then landed in the middle of the bowl. She slipped off making sure that her sword came with her. "Ya coming down?"

Ezran nearly jumped but felt comforted when T'lom held her there. She put her arms around his shoulders. No one had ever said that to her...ever protected her even Etaran. "Thank you." she said with her voice being a hoarse whisper as a few tears slipped down her gentle face. Jerome chirruped curiously.

Edited by LoveLost

((Erm...LoveLost...is Ezran going to respond to T'lom, or do we want to move them on? And when will the Hatching be?))

Atisith idled in lazy circles high over the two harpers and the runnerbeasts. Soria nodded in acknowledgement. She was hesitant to fly down and startle the runners. Figuring the wiser course of action would be to see what Gleanixth and his rider thought would ask of her ,she reached back for Gleanixth. I suppose I'm not needed then or would you like me to meet you and your rider up ahead to greet them?

Shane got off the dragon without saying a word. I do what I want dragon, you don't frighten me.

He had clearly been here before, most people would have been looking around in awe at the base, but he was just staring forward blankly. Two riders came up to them, one female and one male. "Look who it is?" the male laughed. "Come back to try again. Thirteen isn't a good number you know little dude." the male mocked. His dragon came over and he mounted on it. "I'll talk to you a little later little bro, i have things to do. Real riders have responsibilities you know." he laughed as his dragon went into flight.

Shane said nothing. He looked to the lady who brought him here. "So where's this dragon?" he asked in his emotionless voice.

T'lom held Ezran for what felt like more than a few minutes; it felt like forever. Yet somehow it ended. Lira bumped his leg and sent him images of food. She's hungry, lover boy. Ezran isn't the only girl you have to worry about. I'm sorry to tell you that. T'lom laughed slightly at Feyth's words after he pulled himself out of the embrace. Lira flew to his shoulder and fluttered her wings impatiently as she draped her tail on T'lom's other shoulder. "Sorry 'bout that. I gotta take care of Lira, too. And I'm sure Jubilath could use some attention, too," T'lom said. He smiled at Ezran before he set off towards the kitchens to get both Lira and himself a meal. He could hear Feyth chuckling softly in the back of his mind, but he knew the dragon didn't really mean any harm.

Ezran felt the slight bump that Lira had given T'lom and laughed at the firelizard gently. Jerome was suddenly making her hungry with his own. She sent him off to go hunting and pecking and he did so. She wanted him to be self sufficient like he was back home. She waved after T'om and went down to where Jubilath was. She knew the dragon had felt everything she had and she hugged her dragon around the slender neck. It was so different, so nice.... she thought to her dragon. To her this was wonderful and new and exciting. She looked up to the sun as it was setting and smiled to herself. "Come along JubJub....time to get you oiled." she said and walked with her dragon back to their weyr.

Heedana clenched her teeth for a moment and then told Tilleth to calm her temper before she ate the child. His temper will fit that Blood dragon alright r maybe he would be ebtter companioned to a Champagne. She thought to her dragon then watched as Zee brought her a cloak.

Zee put the cloak/blanket over Heedana's shoulders and kissed the girl on her cheek. "There now child, you mustn't catch a cold. Here she comes." she said turning to the oldest dragon, her lifemate as she walked over to them. Her eyes whirled a placid blue and her entire being radiated kindness. It is him Zee. she said and crooned to the young man as sadness filled her heart. He is so hurt...that is why I couldn't find him. She said then fluffed the boys hair with a sniff. Please stay. She said begging him slightly. Then recognition began to play. You are the one that took care of my wing! She said elatedly.

Heedana looked at Shane and smiled. "Shane, that is Henath. The one who has been sensing you for many a year. And don't let them bother you....13 may not be a lucky number to them, but who believes in luck?" she said trying to keep her dragon's anger at bay. She felt her stomach grumble but made no notion to take notice of it.

Plummet watched the other blue firelizards with interest, his head tilting from side to side as he watched them. Sesania smiled gently and gently scratched the top of his head.

"Yup that would be us!" Sesron said as he prodded his chest with his thumb. "Master Harper Robinton chose us personally!"

"Sesron, please calm yourself," Sesania said gently as she ran a hand along the neck of her runner beast. "It is very nice to meet you Rider E'ran." Sesania bowed her head in respect, both hands full of either the runner or Plummet. "We were told to meet with either the headwoman or with one of the weyrwomen once we arrived." She gave G'lor one of her calm smiles and started leading the still covered running beast forward. "If you could show us where to take our runners Dragon Rider G'lor, that would be most appreciated."

Sesron was literally crawling in his skin with anticipation. He'd never been to a weyr before and now here he was, about to get his first look inside of one. He wanted to skip the introductions and just get inside. Were all the riders like these two? Or were they like the ones he had met during his training at the Harper Hall?

Sesania gave her brother a warning glance. She knew what he wanted, she was his twin after all. "If you don't mind me asking, Master Robinton mentioned something about a hatching? Has it occured or are we in time to witness it?" Sesania asked with an equal amount of curiosity and respect.

"By the egg it would be amazing if we could see a hatching!" Sesron said with the exuberance and excitement his sister did not have. "With all the stories and songs about hatchings, the real thing must be ten times as amazing!"

Sesania felt like crawling under a rock. Her brother was not very good at being tactful or patient. Those things had always fallen to her. No, he was always the excited, jovial, enthusiastic one.