LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

(I'm confused about the new dragon colors. If you can help me, please pm me. Thank you. smile.gif And I will be joining soon, once I make my character and know a few more things. This sounds like so much fun!)

Many people saluted the new Wingleader as he walked in. Faces were beaming and people were talking amongst themselves about the two new Wingleaders. K'leb followed behind T'lom since the news about himself was relayed by Ramoth and Menemnth together. His face was shining happily as he stood near his friends and comrades.

Ezran distangled herself from Soria's embrace when T'lom started to walk in. She was proud of him, very proud. She stood tall and saluted him. Her unruly hair passed over her startling green eyes in red rivulets which caused her to be exasperated bus she wouldn't release her salute to him.

T'lom was completely unaccustomed to all the salutes he was getting, but he took it like a natural as he nodded and returned the many salutes. He hoped Ezran already knew her new position, or that she would learn soon. He ate his breakfast quickly, though, as he knew he would have to get to work quickly so he could adjust himself to his new position. Talea ignored her brother as she looked up at Ezran.

"Congratulations to all of you!" she said. "Ezran, you said that Greens were able to become Wingseconds? I guess that's really become true now, hasn't it? Does anyone know when the next Hatching will be though?" She finished her own breakfast just as T'lom stood up to leave. She hugged her sibling once more before he dashed off to Feyth. The dragon was already stretching his wings and ready for a flight.

Ezran smiled happily and nodded. "More true than you could ever know. Now I must go along with the rest of the flight." she said with a slight bow as the other weyrlings quickly ate so that they could catch up with their leader since the usual drill was to eat and then go over drills or something. She ran outside while slipping her gear on being frustrated that her jacket wouldn't fit over her shoulders. She jumped onto Jubilath's shoulder and climbed the rest of the way to her spot and was settled while putting her goggles on. She smiled at Jubilath and looked to T'lom to see what they were going to do or if he was just going for a pleasure flight.

Heedana smiled at the flight that got up and left. She watched K'leb sit down to eat slowly and wondered what she was going to do for them. Possibly a party with the Weyrfolk...she passed the idea to Tilleth who said that she had no need for parties, but she thought it would be a kind gesture. Heedana dismissed the idea since she thought that there wouldn't be any need for festivities. The repspect that both of them would recieve for the begging of the time would be enough.

After making a gesture for Talea to follow her, Soria walked over to Heedana and greeted Heedana with a smile. Soria's eyes reflected her joy at the pleasant news of the morning. Soria whistled and gave a mental call for her fire lizards to come back to her. Once all four were in the respective places, Soria turned to Heedana and spoke. "Hello, Heedana. It's good to see you well this morning. After Talea asks you her question, I was wondering if I could speak with you, Lady Lessa and Lord F'lar?Oh, and I take it you already new the good news?"

Heedana smiled widely at Soria and nodded her head at Talea. "well I am sure you can. And it's Lessa and F'lar to you now. and as for the news, yes I heard...I was the one who took him to our Leaders." she said with a cock of her head. "As for you Talea, what might your question be my dear?" she asked while shifting her shirt so that the hems were even instead of off. She watched the girls' faces to make sure that they were alright.

Rebekah timidly looked around. All there was to see was hallways upon hallways and rooms upon rooms. She didn't even know which one was hers. She held her bag closer to herself. She leaned against a wall. Might as well wait and hope someone came her way. She patted her bag and sat down to wait, still leaning on the wall. Closing her eyes, she daydreamed about dragons flying through the sky.

Weyrlingmaster F'nor was running through the halls trying to make sure that everyone was outside for chore duty after they had eaten. He would have nearly tripped over Rebekah's feet if it hadn't been for his young bronze firelizard shirping a warning to him. "Well hello there." he said his kind brown eyes searching her appearance. SHe was obviously new and probably Searched only yesterday or that very day. "You must be new here." he said squatting down beside her so he could look her more so in the eyes. Yes he was the rider of the largest brown in the Weyr next to Feyth, but he was still a kind man.

Talea cleared her throat before she spoke. "I was wondering if you had any idea when the Hatching would be, but I think I've got too much on my mind for that right now. I mean, with T'lom and everything. Weren't we going to see Atisith, Soria?" She turned to follow Soria when she noticed someone else in the corridor. The girl seemed dreadfully frightened and nervous, not to mention lost. Talea watched the girl for a moment before she finally said, "Are you okay?" She backed up a step, though, once she saw F'nor. She knew he could handle it.

T'lom reached his weyr where Feyth was already waiting for him. The boy leapt onto his dragon's back and they took off into the air and headed towards the usual point that they met for drills with the rest of the Wing. Ezran was already there, and T'lom smiled at her before he began giving orders for practice. K'leb could help once he got there, but everyone was early anyway.

Edited by BlueApollo

Soria used the distraction to slip away from the others. She left Amphitere with Talea and was pleased when her green fire lizard settled on Talea's shoulder next to Lira After inquiring as to Lessa's location, Soria skipped the halls to Lessa. While she skipped, Soria contemplated how to ask the Senior Weyrwoman about her plans. Soria stopped suddenly and placed a finger to her lips. Atisith, should I invite K'leb? He might be able to do a quick search of Lemos Hold while I visit my family.

You could always just ask him to meet your family. You know you're mother is dying to meet the man that you've tittering about. Atisith's reply came as Soria began her trek to Lessa. Soria thought of her mother meeting K'leb and winced. If that happened, K'leb would probably take off and never want to speak to Soria ever again. The thought was meant with laughter as Atisith passed the information on to K'leb. Are you so doubtful of him, Sor?

I don't doub't him, Atisith. I just don't understand why he likes me. That and you've know how Mother can be.Soria scowled as she cam to a stop just a ways away from Lessa. After completing the thought, Soria walked up to Lessa and gave a curtsy. "Hello, Lady Lessa, Lord F'lar. I trust you are well?"

Edited by Mijikoi

Rebekah opened her eyes, startled, and instinctively clutched her bag tight. She saw that it was just a man looking at her... in the eye. No one had ever looked her straight in the eye before. She loosened her grip. Before answering him, she heard someone say "Are you okay?" "Yes, m'Lady, I am all right." she called, just loudly enough for her to hear, and then returned her attention to the man. "I-I am terribly sorry, m'Lord." she murmured. "I did not mean to fall asleep or anything. Really I didn't. And yes, m'Lord, I am new. I have never been here before. I was Searched only yesterday, I believe her name was Zee, and I was found suitable. So, here I am. I was trying to find my room." Impulsively, though she feared she had talked too much already, she added, "Can you help me?"

(EDIT: This is kind of interesting. I never seem to be on at the same time as all you guys... xd.png)

Edited by Pigegirl 2

F'nor smiled kindly and stood up while stretching his hand down to her. "First, miss, you should understand that only the weyrleader's are called Lord and Lady amongst those in the Weyr. Only outside the weyr are WE the riders called Lord and Lady. You'll learn the right way soon. As for your room, I am sure we can talk to Lady Lessa, Lady Heedana or even Lady Soria about that." He grabbed Heedana's arm as she walked by trying to catch up to talea and Soria. She stopped on a dime and nearly fell into him if it wouldn't have been for his strong arm. "Heedana this young lady is looking for her room." he said kindly.

Heedana looked down at the girl and smiled. Soria could provide for herself and Talea was in capable hands. "Ahhh. you must be the one that Zee searched out eh? I can tell you this. Those that she and sweet Henath Search out, never fail to Impress...why she even Searched out me." she said with a beaming smile.

Lessa and F'lar were slightly surprised to see Soria there especially since they were going over the thread maps to see when threadfall was due. Lessa was the first to recover from the surprise and smiled at her fellow Weyrwoman. "I am doing well as is my weyrmate Weywoman Soria." she said with a grin. F'lar stood up slightly sheepishly and smiled at the young girl. "What can we do for you this fine day Lady Soria?" he asked her gently.

K'leb stood up and went outside to where Hethath was ambling over to sit beside T'lom and Feyth. He was very proud of his friends but even more so proud of his rider. K'leb made it there in a few strides and had his gloves and everything on before he climbed up to the riding straps. He looked back behind him as his wing of mostly bronzes and blues strapped up and hailed him with a ****e. His gaze then turned to those him hethat had taken to calling Lady Mother and Lord Father...in other words, Ramoth and Mnementh were standing watching the two young men with pride swelling in their magnificent chests. He then looked towards Feyth and T'lom with a large smile covering his face.

((lol yah that happens a lot pi smile.gif

Rebekah was starting to get confused with all these names and what to call who, but she caught on to what the lady said. "Yes, m'Lady, Zee Searched me yesterday." she said politely. She looked back to the man, and took his offered hand. When she was standing up properly, she asked "What am I to call you then, er... Sir?" Now addressing them both, she asked one final question. "And may I see my room? I... er... must attend to something there."

Soria smiled brightly back at Lessa and F'lar. Soria steeped closed to the two. After taking a deep breathe, Soria began to speak. "I apologise sincerely for interupting, but things have been fairly celebratory today. I wanted to ask before the chance was taken from me, if I could go for a visit to Lemos Hold. My younger sister has recently had her baby and has requested I return to meet my niece."

Would you like me to ask K'leb if he would like to accompany you? Atisith mummered into Soria's mind. Oh, you need to find if they have searched Lemos already. You forgot to ask yesterday.

Heedana glared at F'nor and shooed him away before he was able to even give his name. "That my dear is your Weyrlingmaster. His name is F'nor whom will call either Weyrlingmaster F'nor or Sir until you are a full fledged rider. As to your room, you are in the area entirely. The Weyrlings barracks are on the lowest floor so that when the dragons hatch, they don't have to climb flights of stairs. Now, would you like to go the long way or the short way?" she asked with a beaming smile.

Tilleth crooned in her weyr mainly to herself as her eyes whirled a pleased blue with shots of gold in it. Heedana, be kind to the girl and talk slowly, she is nervous and new like you were.

Lessa was happy to hear good news and smiled at Soria. "Congrats on the birth." she said and sat back down as her stomach became slightly upset. F'nor looked back at their weyr where Rmaoth and Mnementh were laying together and his dragon crooned gently. "Our dragons approve and Mnementh says that Hethath and K'leb are outside practicing with T'lom. You have our blessings and please give our well wishes to the Lady and Lord Holder there as well as your family. Menementh says that he and Ramoth send their blessing."

Rebekah shifted her grip on the bag, and an uneasy look crossed her face. "Well, m'Lady, I suppose the shorter way." She blinked. "I guess there is no harm in telling you, really. You see, I have an egg, and the only instruction I was given as to it is that I must keep it by a fire and turn it every so often, and I am afraid it has been too long since it was by a fire. Am I right that you know what to do regarding a fire lizard egg?" she asked eagerly.

(edit: I have to go. Be back on Monday. Sorry that it'll make it kind of weird that she's forzen in place. xd.png)

Edited by Pigegirl 2

Soria curtsied deeply and grinned before darting from the room after giving the apropriate farewell. She ran the hallways to meet up with Heedana to let her know that she'd be leaving with dawn the next morning. Once she came upon Heedana, Soria nearly ran into Rebekah with a startled squeak. At the last moment she managed to stop before actually impacting the other girl. With a nervous giggle, Soria bounced over to Heedana. "I wanted to let you know that I'd be leaving for a few hours tomorrow. Also, I wanted to know what you thought K'leb might say if I ask him to go with me. Oh, and I almost forgot my manners. Hello, Talea and who is your new friend?"

Outside, Atisith was audiable in her amusement at Soria. You must work on those nerves. It's a good thing you don't get this nervous about anyone, but K'leb, Lessa and F'lar. I don't think Heedana and Cleo would know what to do if you were like this all the time, Sor. Or the rest of the Weyr.

Soria's cheeks puffed up at her dragon. I'm not that bad and I really want to know before I ask him.

Talea smiled softly at Rebekah even though she had yet to really talk to the girl. "This is Rebekah," she chimed. "She just got here and it seems that she has a Fire Lizard egg. I'll help her out since, from what I know from T'lom, this Fire Lizard egg just might make it if we hurry. She should be in the barracks with me anyway." Talea smiled at Rebekah again before she made a gesture for the newcomer to follow her. "I can meet Atisith later, Soria."

T'lom brought Feyth to the front of the formation he had set up. From what he had seen, everyone looked good. He saw K'leb flying up to them on his bronze, so the boy urged Feyth to glide down to his co-Wingleader. "I got 'em all set up for you. How do you think they look?" he said.

Rebekah didn't know what she should do; stay with Lady Heedana, or come with Miss Talea. Her face flickered from uncertainty to her typical, stoic mask. She inwardly sighed; she would surely be a failure. She got confused altogether too easily, and even if she managed to Impress- wait, the only kind of dragon a girl could ride was a Queen! Except for the few, rare ones who Impressed greens, and of course the Queens, girls couldn't be Dragonriders. Her puzzlement showed in her eyes, but she quickly hid it. Her questions should surely be answered at Hatching; oh, Hatching, the mysterious event she had heard only tales of.

(I have two questions. 1, is there a queen egg among the latest clutch, and if so, 2, would the one who will Impress it please PM me; I have a question. Thanks!)

((as an answer to ur q's 1)yes and 2) just ask Mijikoi or Ramoth smile.gif ))

Heedana looked at Talea and Rebekah her smile spreading. "Alright then, short way it is. Soria, would you like to take these girls to the weyrlings barracks on Atisith? And I am sure K'leb would be thrilled my dear...now go!" she said shooing the three girls down to Soria's weyr then smiled after them. Her heart sunk when she realized that she was mateless with Tilleth due to rise soon. Tilleth stuck her head out of her weyr and crooned to her rider gently. Heedana gulped back tears and walked to her dragons head, giving her a gentle pat then walking along the weyrs to make sure things were in order.

Ezran stayed in her spot which was immediantly to the right of T'lom's spot in the flight. She followed his every move making sure that she could see what he was doing.

K'leb had made sure that his flight was in order on the ground before giving them the signal to fly. When he came to T'lom's level and heard what his question was, he wasn't surprised to look down and see that the flight was in a perfect "v" formation. "T'lom, it looks magnificent!" he said as he looked to his own flight and found that one of them was floundering. He dove down and pulled up underneath to find that the dragon had it's straps twisted. He signaled a land and then gave the rider a sound toungue thrashing and then the flight was back into the air.

(Well, it really has to be the one who will Impress the next queen...)

Rebekah let a faint smile come through to her face. She assumed that this Atisith was a dragon. She would be riding on a dragon! The only thing she could imagine being greater than that was to Impress successfully at the next Hatching. Until then, she would have to be content with riding others, and her little fire-lizard egg. She turned to Talea and Soria, waiting for them to either tell her what to do or have her follow them.

Soria hugged Heedana in thanks then linked arms with Talea and Rebekah. Once she had a firm hold on the two women, Soria set about trying to drag them to her waiting queen. Her thoughts how ever lead down a different route. Hethath, where are you and K'leb? I have a question for him and yourself.

Outside Soria's weyr, Atisith landed smoothly on the balcony. The queen settled herself to wait for her rider and guests. You know, the little ones, almost remind me of you and Cleo in the begining. Not quite, but almost.

Soria gave an unladylike snort. Maybe, if you mean the eagar to be a rider part. I don't know them well enough to say for anything else. I just hope we get to find out.

Rebekah was surprised that they were treating her so kindly. If this was anything like how she would be treated all the time, she could learn to really love this place. With a shy, hesitant smile, she ventured talking to Soria. "I'm sure Atisith is beautiful." she said softly. "I have imagined queens in my mind, but surely they are far better in real life." Then she heard the sounds in her head again, louder than ever before. "What could they be?" she thought to herself, carefully making sure she didn't change her posture as to reveal she heard something.

Edited by Pigegirl 2

"They usually are, the vain loves. Oh, that's right I need to introduce myself. I'm Junior Weyrwoman Soria, rider of the gold Atisith. Talea and I will help you with your fire lizards. I'm going to have someone meet us there with meat for the little ones." Soria gave a grin to Rebekah. turning inward she relayed the request to a dragon whose rider was near the kitchens. She hoped the rider would send a drudge to the room per her request.

Rebekah's face broke out into a happy smile that would have been frowned upon in her earlier life. She was surprised at herself for already referring to her old life that way, but didn't really care. "Am I to call you Junior Weyrwoman Soria, or something else?" she inquired. What she really couldn't wait for, however, was riding Atisith. She was eager to see her first dragon, as she hadn't seen Zee's very well. Inwardly, she wondered if it was disrespectful to call the rider by just her ordinary name.