LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

K'leb looked at the two dragons and smiled as he looked back at Soria. "I think we both should to be honest." he said calmly and kissed her forehead while slipping his arm around her shoulders and turning so that they were side by side.

Hethath shrugged slightly and laid his head down feeling slightly tired after todays excursions. He was happy though. Maybe K'leb would finally forget about Heedana and not remember Tilleth so he could sleep....actually so that they both could sleep.

((Sorry I've been gone. I had a very busy weekend with only about 3 hours of free time spent doing homework....yay....))

Feyth burst out laughing in T'lom's mind as the boy blushed slightly. They both had definitely heard Jubilath. Hormones?! Wow, Jubi! Wow! I hope she hasn't affected you with those thoughts. Poor T'lom here doesn't have the time to think about that stuff with all those fangirls chasing him! I get more fear than anything else from him. T'lom gave a pointed glare to his dragon before taking a deep breath and said, "Thank you for your information about the flight. I'll see you tomorrow for another flight. Make sure the other weyrlings know. We start at mid-morning." With that he turned to head back to the barracks. Feyth gave a sort of dragon shrug before following.

((What happened to Odio?))

((I dunno, I am going to PM both him and leodog to see if they are alright...))

((sorry about the busy week...hope everything is alright with you though smile.gif ))

Ezran nodded an affirmative and looked to the other weyrlings who were standing around waiting for what was going to happen. "Alright the lot of you! you heard him. Make sure you get to bed early after dinner and not fooling around. F'nor has sections 1 and 2 assigned to sweeping and clearing off the greenery that has grown recently. Then section 3 is to help turn the glows and 4 is to help with airing out the rooms. Now you're dismissed!" she shouted clearly and loudly enough to make any wingleader proud. The weyrlings dispersed to their jobs with much grumbling. Jubilath snorted with finality and then looked at her rider as she turned around. You're leaking.... she said and nudged her rider who just looked at the ground with her fists clenched. How could you? she asked then lifted her head up while delicately rubbing a few tears away from her eyes then walking to the brooms to help with her group.

Zee looked at Henath to get the gist of what was said and she looked at the poor girl and then relayed to her dragon what to say to young Feyth. Little one, she in no way meant that...she has now broken her riders' resolve as have you... and that was all that was said from the oldest rider there in the Weyr and her dragon Henath.

Soria wrapped an arm around K'leb's waist and leaned into his side. She gave a mental check to make sure all of her little fire lizards were following her. She squeaked when Ananke dropped on her head in response. The little queen had scrambled from Atisith's tail when K'leb had spoken. Soria glanced at Atisith, who was making her golden self comfortable next to Hethath. Soria's eyes narrowed as Amphitere showed her an image of Mnementh and gave a feel of curiousity toward Soria. "K'leb, what were you originally supposed to meet with F'lar about? Before he went mad in the head, that is."

Feyth halted while T'lom continued on to the barracks. Just this morning Ezran showed complete indifference to T'lom when he helped her get away from that pathetic weyrling. She can't have developed emotions for T'lom that quickly. I don't even think T'lom is ready for anything like that anyway. Feyth picked up his pace to catch up to his rider. T'lom had heard everything, but he had said nothing. He had to agree with Feyth, though. He wasn't ready for a girl. What did he feel when he was around them? A stinging fear? He shook his head as he settled onto his bed. Maybe the mines would have been better. All this adolescent drama would take its toll on him.

((Are we going to time skip soon?))

Henath chuckled and responded gently. She has had feelings for him for quite awhile. She just chooses not to show them. But now that her dragon has revealed them, she feels as if all the scars on her heart have been ripped open. Since she will not tell anyone herself, I guess that you should know. Henath then gave Feyth the whole story about Ezran through images that the girl had shared. Many of them were of being used as a booty call when a man needed some company. She of course would often refuse but there were times that she couldn't get away from them. The next images were of her being abused and beaten by her parents. Then of a young man that seemed to whisk her away when she showed any sort of inclination towards him. He then led her deep into the forest and let her stay there alone for many years. The next image was of another young man that she had liked but he became one of the men that wanted only one thing from her; her body. Henath hissed at the end of all the images and Zee had a few tears rolling down her aged cheeks. So you see now that she guards her heart jealously because of these times that she didn't. You mustn't mistake her feelings. They were admiration and of course liking but she hides them incredibly well.

Once Ezran was done she made sure that all the other groups were done and reported to the Weyrlingmaster. He noticed her redened eyes and asked her what was wrong. Her only response was, "I didn't stay quiet enough." and then turned on her heel to walk back to her barracks with Jubilath in tow. Jubilath tried to talk to Ezran in a soothing way, but she realized that all that was needed was her presence.

K'leb smiled down at Soria and shifted so that she could lean on him without knocking either of them over. "I was supposed to talk to him about positions. He is wanting to put new blood out their in the sky's so that people will get used to those who may become Weyrleader's. That and he wanted to talk to T'lom tomorrow but I don't think that that is going to happen...anyways it was also for learning some new maneuvers and teaching them. He didn't know that I already knew them and so does T'lom." he smiled.

((I think we are. leodog hasn't been on in awhile and Odio can't keep up...so once all our current charries are in their beds smile.gif ))

Edited by LoveLost

((Okay. I guess T'lom is ready for the time skip whenever. I think I might make another charrie....probably T'lom's sister.))

((okay, i am going to PM Ramoth and Miji to make sure that they know. i will try and type it up later today, or sometime this weekend smile.gif ))

((Gah! Please hurry or I will be forced to throw Talea in beforehand!!))

((Okay okay!!! first they have to respond so that I know they are still here!))

((Yay for Time.^.^))

Soria eyed K'leb for a moment before smiling at him and she nodded to herself. Soria winced as her Ananke clung to the crown of her head and chirped her ire at being shaken. "So, training starts in earnest soon? Oh, no. I forgot about the scroll I left out. I was supposed to return it this morning."

Soria stood on her toes and placed a kiss on K'leb's cheek before distangling herself to run to her weyr. She ran only barely dodging anyone she passed. In the turn out she tripped as she entered her weyr and landed on her elbows and knees with a curse. Straightening she looked around for the scroll she was supposed to return to Lessa.

((I'm alive! I just am really bad at keeping up, like Lovelost said. We pm'd about it. I'll be popping in some but I just don't know how often I'll be.))

Elna glared angrily. As she hadn't found a suitable task to keep her occupied, other than caring for her dragon, she'd been delineated archive work. She was to work under S'kom, one of the last remaining Oldtimers at Benden, and he was a real pain in the arse. He'd assigned her to recopy a ton of old tomes, and she couldn't even go do it out in the sun. He'd claimed it was for some reason, but she knew actually he was just a sadistic old slimeball. The only comfort she got was from her cool green Koulcth, who was currently sunning on a ledge outside, braying occassionally at the dragons and weyrfolk who passed her by. Elna paused for a moment, letting the feeling of the warm sun sink into her skin, but she was interrupted by a sudden hacking cough that wracked her body. She growled and bent over her dusty work again. This was the sort of task that would never be completed, and she absolutely hated it. How she longed for the open air and sea!

((Edit: Oh! I just read throught the last page or two. I thought you guys would have moved really far along by now! Sorry if I in any way held you up.))

Edited by Odio

((I got the message. Yay for time skip.))

Once Neith was suitably oiled, Cleo sat down and beckoned first Isis, then Osiris to take their turns. She was quiet, simply bonding with her friends who would be her charges and her guardians for the rest of her life. Neith was her soulsister, and the fire-lizards might well be a foundation for a small fair. Cleo would never be lonely with them nearby and in her head. Regardless of whatever would happen when Neith rose. The young weyrwoman's gaze shifted from the present. Giving the inbreeding of the Benden line, Cleo would request that Neith's flight be open to the other weyrs if Lessa didn't throw it open herself. Cleo might even go so far as to request that Benden bronzes be banned from the flight.

K'leb smiled and went to his own weyr to sleep as did Zee.

((sorry for short post. I will be typing up the time skip smile.gif ))

6 Months later....

Life is still going on as normal with the dragons fighting thread. The old dying, the new born, and the middle fighting. F'lar as asked for forgiveness for his angry outburst and has tried to repay those that he harmed in any way he could. He is now sane once again after that one time and is still the kindest Weyrleader on Pern. He has spent time with the growing bronze and brown riders as has his younger brother and Wingleader, F'nor.

Lessa has taught all she can to the young Weyrwomen and has grown very fond of them unlike Kylara who was sent to Fort. Her mind is racing now that there are going to be four mature queens in Benden Weyr, but this amount of queens will also repopulate at an amazing rate and she is proud of that! She and F'lar now have a son named Felessan and they intend to keep him here at Benden.

T'lom has matured even more and is even more so handsome than he was earlier. Many girls are starting to get the point about him not wanting to be with them at this point and time and they are starting to leave him alone. He and Feyth will be Wingleaders here pretty soon, at least that is what F'lar is saying and F'nor is very proud to have taught them both. They are in their own weyr close to the feeding grounds and close enough to the lake for the water's reflection to be mirrored on his roof.

Soria now has her own weyr smackdab inbetween Cleo and Lessa with Heedana being after Lessa. Her teachings now involve the entire weyr and she has become very adept at handling the things of "home". Her firelizards are now all mature and the greens and queen are close to rising. She has definitely matured incredibly from the timid young lady and seems to have gotten into the flow of things. However, she still will act timid around K'leb.

Cleo. She is now the go to person for things outside the Weyr and she seems to have taken place as head dragon healer. Master Oldive is constantly asking for her gentle hand back at Fort and intends to make her a Journeywoman healer. She has brought the attentions of a young bronzerider at the Weyr and he intends on wooing her. She still continues going from Weyr to Weyr asking for the latest news and keeping up with the numbers.

K'leb has become a fine young man to behold. Like T'lom, he has developed considerably with all the work that he has done. He still holds Soria as his love and Hethath still fancies Atisith. Etanor has bred several times and has been the sire of man firelizard clutches. His works do not amount to anything much, but he has asked that a new wing of the weyr be worked and that things be redone to suit new riders.

Ezran has changed in the 6 months that have passed. her hair is more of a brownish auburn like Heedana's and her eyes are still that same dangerous green. She now takes to wearing form fitting clothes and pants that allow her to move freely when she is on her dragoness. Ezran is fancying T'lom more than she wants and tends to only talk to him when need be. Jubilath admonishes her rider for this, but understands what is going on with her and will leave her alone.

Elna and S'kom have copied nearly 1/3 of all the archives in Benden.

HEEDANA HAS RETURNED! All suspicions are confirmed. She was avoiding being in a wyer full of bronzes while her queen was in her flight. She is better now and tends to get back to work.

((If there is a character missing or you wish for me to change or add something, post or PM me))

Edited by LoveLost

((Time to introduce Talea!!!))

T'lom awoke to the shimmering reflection of the lake on the ceiling of his weyr. I don't think that reflection would make a very good alarm clock. Plus, you're already late this morning. I need to be oiled, and I've already eaten in the time it has taken you to realize that it's past dawn. Feyth rolled onto his back to stare at the ceiling as T'lom rolled out of his cot to oil his dragon. He rubbed his eyes sleepily before he got to work. Feyth half-closed his eyes in contentment.

"Excuse me?" T'lom didn't turn when he heard the voice. "Is this they weyr of a rider by the name of T'lom?" T'lom finally turned to meet his guest and gasped.

"Talea!" he breathed before he raced toward her and embraced her. The girl smiled and returned her younger brother's warmth, a tear coming to her eye. "What are you doing here?"

"I was chosen to come here. I believe there's going to be a hatching soon, and I'm a Candidate," she said as they released each other. "You've grown up so much since I last saw you! And your dragon! He must be as amazing as you are!"

She speaks wisely. Feyth chuckled, obviously flattered. He rolled back onto his stomach before he nudged Talea with his muzzle. As you are T'lom's sister, you will also hear me. Talea stared back in awe as T'lom smiled at his dragon, happy that he had accepted her so quickly.

Cleo was taking a break from studying Healer material. Her great golden queen Neith was nearly full grown, and sprawling on her ledge to bask in the sun and gossip with the other queens. Cleo had positioned her chair close enough to the entrance for the soft breeze to brush across her hair and face. The junior weyrwoman had her knitting needles out and softly clicking against each other as she transformed the yarn her parents had sent her into a patch, which she would later attach to other patches to make a blanket with a variety of textures and colors. The eggs from Isis's first clutch had all been chosen by weyrfolk and hatched, except for the pair Cleo had reserved for her parents. Isis and Osiris were lounging on Neith's back.

Ezran woke up with shouting near her weyr. Some of the male green riders were arguing over some meat that their dragons were trying to eat. The dragons seemed fine, but the riders, like most greens, were very...fiesty. Ezran quickly put her hair up, splashed her face and shanged into a form fitting top with loose pants. The top showed off her bust and firm figure but she didn't seem to care anymore. It made her feel like she was pretty and, well, that was pretty much it. Jubilath flew out of the weyr to the two green dragons, chuckling as her rider walked out of her weyr barefoot. She, and Elna, were the youngest green riders but Elna's weyr was near the blues so she could be with S'kom so she hardly messed with the affairs of other greens. With a smirk, she walked down the halls as she usually did, swinging her legs in a long stride causing her hips to sway somewhat sexily. "Awright then...what's going on?" she asked Zee who was standing there unable to do anything.

Zee looked at the young rider her heart heavy. "Meat as usual."

Ezran laughed and walked to the outside of the circle that was made around the two riders. With a loud 'OYE!' She brought silence to the group. Many of the weyrlings rolled their eyes but the older green riders glared at her. "Why in the world fight over meat you dimglows! Your dragons are bloody well fine with sharing it. At least that's what Jubilath says." she said with her hands on her hips. "Kandicath and Lucitath are fine they are friends...so back off!" She started to shoo other riders away and watched in horror as the young man that had haunted her always started to head her way. Jubilath, get to the weyr....NOW! She ran to her weyr with G'tisk in close pursuit and was just able to clamber onto Jubilath before she took off to the bowl. In moments she landed near T'lom and his sister with G'tisk shouting angrily at them. Ezran smiled triumphantly and stepped off of Jubilath with a fond pat.

K'leb woke up to the sound of air running through the vents and made his way to the washroom. Within moments he made himself clean and then walked out of his wyer, to his dragon's and oiled him quickly and well while keeping up a conversation about Heedana, Soria, and Cleo. When he was done, he walked down the stairs and out to where T'lom was. He watched the reunion with slight envy and smiled.

Heedana rolled out of bed onto the cold ground. "Ouch." she muttered as she pushed the blankets back onto the bed then stood up slowly. She was soon dressed and ready to oil her queen when Yenay, Tirkcy and Huzah flew down and around her begging for food. Tilleth stated that she didn't need to be oiled just yet and would eat while her rider was eating. Heedana smiled gratefully and ran down the familiar stairs two at a time.

"Got away from him again, eh?" T'lom chuckled as he stepped forward to meet Ezran. Talea followed and looked at the girl with interest. The way that girl looked at T'lom...that odd look in her eyes. Talea shook her head and pushed the thought out of her head for the moment. Then T'lom noticed K'leb. He nodded to the other boy.

"I would like to introduce you both to my sister, Talea," T'lom said as he wrapped an arm around his sister's shoulder. The girl smiled at the two, her blue eyes glistening in the small amount of sunlight that penetrated the weyr.

Edited by BlueApollo

Soria pulled out a meatroll from her bag and leaned back against Atisith. Around Soria, four fire lizards chewed happily on the food she had brought for them. The field the group rested in had been a convenient place to have an early morning picnic. While she had wanted to invite K'leb, Soria had felt the time would be best spent reaffirming their bonds. It had taken some sneaking to be able to have the alone time she wanted with her companions, but it had been well worth it. Atisith had spent the few hours relaxing and playing with Amphitere and Astraios, the play taking the form of the game Isis had taught them.

Soria had left the Weyr early in the morning, hoping to find a suitable place to watch the sunrise without having to go Between. As luck would have it she hadn't had to go overly far and Atisith had been agreeable to the flight. She was sad she'd have to end their little trip soon. After all, she didn't want to get lectured for flying out at night.You think anyone noticed us gone, Atisith?

I'd have to ask, but I don't think so. Best finish eating and then we'll start the flight back. Atsith looked at Soria lazily, content to rest where they were longer. The gold did agree with Soria about returning, though. With a sigh from both rider and dragon, Soria finished the last bite of her meat roll and stood. The female rider collected the blanket and quickly stuffed it into the now empty bag. A few minutes later the bag was on Soria's back and the group was in the air. Do you think we will be able to do this again soon, Sor?

I don't see why not. Although maybe we could invite K'leb, Heedana,Cleo and Lessa? Their companions to of course. It'd make it a bit more of a group thing? Soria fell silent as the Weyr came into her view and Atisith rumbled her approval. Soria watched Bendon Wyer grow in size as they got closer, one hand resting on Ananke's back where the smaller queen rested on Sori'as lap. The other fire lizards had all chosen a place to ride on Atisith, Amphitere having chosen the large queen's tail. Achronos and Astraios each choosing a leg to cling to and all three sharing their delight with Soria.

Atisith landed before long and let Soria work her way to the ground. Once on the ground, Soria called her fire lizards to come with her toward her weyr. She looked down and decided she needed to change her clothes. Her current attire was covered in mud from playing chase with her little fire lizards. She heard Atisith's pleased tones as the dragon took a swim, glad for Soria's choice to forgo all riding gear. Soria winced as she spoke, both aloud and in her mind. "You know, if anyone finds out about that, I'll be in trouble."

Atisith simply gave a rumbling laugh that revirbrated through Soria's mind.

Ezran nodded emphatically at T'lom's question. "The bloody boy wont leave me alone!" she said and then laughed along with K'leb. She turned to T'lom's sister and extended her hand in greeting and comradeship. "Are you sure you're not twins?" she asked looking at the two of them first at Talea then at T'lom and then back again.

K'leb smiled kindly at Talea. "Your sister? From what I could gather from Heedana and Tilleth, you only have two younger siblings...well not only anymore but you know what I mean." he said trying to straighten out his words as he watched Atisith fly overhead. "I'm sorry Talea, I haven't had my klah yet today. My name is K'leb, bronzerider of Hethath." he said gesturing over to the largest bronze amongst the group of wyerling dragons. He and Feyth were actually the two largest in the entire weyr now that they were full grown.

Ezran blushed slightly. "I'm sorry. I completely forgot my manners." She stood straighter and saluted the Candidate out of repsect for her being her flight leader's sister. "Ezran green rider of Jubilath." she said then relaxed. "I think that all of us are rather hungry K'leb. How about we go to the Food Hall to eat?" she asked him but his attention was elsewhere.

Heedana stumbled down the last three steps and did some odd twist in the air to keep herself from falling. She nearly fell right into K'leb and he helped her stand straight. A sheepish grin was across the older Weyrwoman's face as she stood up and pushed her dark auburn hair with it's bleached tips back out of her face. "I'm gone for 18mths and you three grow like weeds." she said in a faux angry tone. "And who is this?" she asked looking kindly at Talea.

"We could almost be twins, but she's about a turn older than me," T'lom laughed. He looked over at K'leb. "Two younger siblings? I don't quite understand what you mean..." Talea accepted both of the greetings with a smile, though, and hugged her younger brother. "I can see why you may think we're twins," she said, "but I think I'm a little hungry also. Mind leading the way, K'leb?"

(Short post is short.....from mah fone, tho.)

((o.o Nashville has buildings completely underwater and here in my town I can't leve my house unless I could swim or float through half of my front yard.>.>))

Soria pouted at Atsith as she flopped back onto her bed. The bag she'd used to carry both the food and a blanket was tossed into her chair. Ananke settled lightly on Soria's stomache, while the other three lizards took up various perches through out the room. Ananke lifted off of Soria just as the rider sat up. Soria placed a finger to her chin and contemplated what to do. She could go and bother the kitchen staff, track down Heedana or Cleo, or talk with Lessa about visiting Lemos hold. Soria sighed as Ananke gave her an impression of hunger that was chorused by the others and her own stomache's rumble. "I suppose one meatroll a piece for each of us is not enough. Oh, well. Maybe we'll see the others."

Soria walked the halls toward the kitchen, a trail of the fire lizards gliding along behind her. In her arms Ananke rested content to be carried. Atisith and she played a memory game, a game which Soria lost more often then she won. Soria stoped when she saw Heedana, K'leb, Ezran, T'lom and a new comer. Soria was doing her best to skirt around the group without being noticed and had just decided to go another way. To her exasperation, Amphitere flew over to K'leb and gave a cheerful chirp in greeting. There goes your chance to not interupt them.

Soria rolled her eyesand huffed at both Atisith and Amphitere. She was happy to see the four riders and a new comer, but she really hadn't wanted to interupt.

((OMG! I hope you are alright! We were just watching Nashville on the News this morning!))

((I thought he took care of his two younger siblings....))

K'leb thought hard and looked at T'lom. He waved his hand as a dismissal of the thought to himself and was about to lead the way to the Food Hall when Amphitere flew right in front of his face. Etanor appeared beside her and started to chat with her as K'leb snatched her out of the air gently and started to stroke her head. "Talea this is Amphitere. She belongs to Weyrwoman Soira. And the bronze fellow is my Etanor." he said as Etanor took up housing on K'leb's forearm to continue his discussion with Amphitere about what she was doing this morning.

Ezran laughed and then smiled happily as her blue Jerome landed on her shoulder with a hungry chirp.

Heedana looked at T'lom and sighed. "You ride Feyth correct?" she asked not trusting her own judgment as Yenay took her spot on Heedana's right shoulder and the other two greens landed on her left.

((No, I'm not hurt at all. I don't live in Nashville, but north of it and my house is on top of a hill. It's not a big hill but it kept the basement safe. Oh, I'm working on redoing Soria's profile thingie.))

Soria inhaled harshly and vowed she'd not blush in front of K'leb again as she approached the group. She heard Atisith snicker at her just before she tripped and stumbled into Ezran. She heard a guilty chirp come from Astraios whom had been circling Soria's legs. Soria didn't bother listening to Atisith as she grinned up at the group from where she clung to Ezran hoping the other woman didn't lose her balance too. "Hello, everyone."