LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

((Okay. Rebekah not only looks like a fool now, she also does not know where she should go. She's in a great situation now isn't she. xd.png Any chance we can get to the Hatching reasonably soon? That's about the only thing that might help me get un-confused, I think.))

Rebekah was angry with herself as she watched the boy fly off. Why couldn't she control herself? Why had she needed to step forward? Sighing, she made her way back inside to her room, all but running. When she got there, she shut the door but didn't realize that it didn't latch, and fell onto the bed, burying her face in her pillow. This was absolutely perfect. She had made a fool of herself, and she didn't even get to talk to that boy. She tucked her knees up to her chin, forsook the pillow, and rocked back and forth. This wasn't a big thing by any means. Why was she crying? She felt like a hole had opened up inside of her, a pit of emptiness. Why should she feel this way? She had heard what the riders who lost their dragons felt like, but she hadn't even Impressed one, much less lost one. She shoved that thought away and kept crying.

Blira tilted her head at Rebekah. She didn't know much, but she knew something was wrong. Not knowing how to go Between yet, she flew out the door, causing it to swing open halfway. She flew around, not knowing where to go. At last she found a great golden dragon with a lady beside her and a boy atop her. Frantically she tried to connect with the queen, attempting to send an image to her mind.

((btw the queen is Tilleth, lady is Heedana and boy is Shane, just so that's clear.))

((lol Mijikoi!!))

((Lichen...go back a page or two and look for Blue's post... smile.gif ))

Heedana smiled at the three then flew to her weyr to change quickly. Xitith had warned Tilleth that someone was near and she had to hurry to get herself ready. She was done in time to be at the other end of the tunnel without Tilleth in her proper attire. A long black skirt with a benden brown shirt that had beads woven into it. The front of it was in the shae of a 'v' but had leather thongs that she could use to tie it shut...although she left it open. She grumbled when her firelizards asked for food...but she accepted their proposal and said they could eat once the Harpers came. It had been awhile since she had been with others who had studied under the Masterharper like she had. She had braided the sides of her auburn hair so that it would stay back and she fiddled with the silver necklace that was everpresent around her strong neck.

G'lor laughed at the vivacity of Sesron. "I see that you two are almost polar opposites...and yes, that hatching has not occured, but many of the older riders, including our oldest, predicts that it will happen sometime this week." He said while glancing back at the two dragons as they brought up the rear in the tunnel. He could hear his dragon speaking and from what he heard, he was trying to pacify the angry Blood dragon.

E'ran looked back at his dragon and his face became stony when he saw his sister at the Bowl. He had never forgiven himself for hurting her and being the main advocate for sending her away. His dragon rumbled angrily with his rider then fluffed his wings. Gleanixth...stop scaring the runners. But it's to much fun! The dragon replied with a rare chuckle.

Heedana watched as the quartet exited the tunnel and walked into the Weyr. "Hullo There!" she said to them and approached them with long legged strides. Questions of the outer world, rushed through her mind and then she felt Tilleth calming her down as she had just done for her dragon only moments earlier. "Welcome to Benden Weyr. I am Heedana, rider of the golden Tilleth." she said with a slight bow in respect for the harpers. She was unsettled still over the earlier tiff with the lower caverns weyrfolk and decided that she would have to talk to the weyrleaders soon about it. But for now, her mind must stay on task. Her golden eyes sparkled with curiosity and her firelizards chirped at the new comers and their blue firelizard. Yenay, the golden one, calmly quieted the two greens who were excitedly chittering amongst themselves. Kyl, Uther and Gusto said hello to the queen and flew out and above the others calling to Plummet so he would come join them.

((Edited!))

Tilleth looked at the small one (what color is she again?) and crooned gently. What is it? She asked the little thing. Where is your person? Why are you so frantic? she asked using her own mind to calm Blira down.

Edited by LoveLost

((Green smile.gif))

Blira sent a picture of Rebekah on her bed, shivering and her face pale, to the queen. Her feelings of worry got through. She knew Rebekah wasn't just crying. There had to be something wrong, something she hadn't seen. She calmed slightly and sent a clearer picture.

Rebekah wrapped her arms around herself. She was so cold, so cold. She whimpered and tugged a blanket over her, wrapping it and her arms around herself. The room spun crazily. What was going on? Was the whole Weyr moving like this? The ground must be shaking. She threw the blanket off. How could it get so hot so fast? She still couldn't stop sobbing, though the tears had left. Her eyes ached whether she shut them or not.

Sesron laughed heartily. "Yeah...Sesania and I have never really been the same," He went over and hugged his sister around her shoulders. "But you know, I don't think the world would survive two of me!" Sesron grinned. "People wouldn't know who to focus on more!"

Sesania smiled calmly and warmly at her rather playful brother. It was that playfulness that had attracted Chad the Harper in the first place, it was that playfulness their father had tried to crush. Sesania couldn't imaging her brother any other way. Besides, she could be serious and calm enough for the both of them.

"That's great! We'll be able to sit up in the stands and watch the entire thing! Master Robinton might even be here!" Sesron exclaimed, his grin becoming big and goofy. They had made it in time to watch, just as Robinton had told them to do. Of course, they could have arrived nearly a week ago if they had taken dragons between instead of riding runners. 'Where's the fun in that though?' Sesron thought to himself.

Sesania glanced back at E'ran's blood Gleanixth. She could see he was not happy, although she could not understand him or why he was upset. Silently, she handed Sesron the reigns of her runner. She then turned to Gleanixth and gave him a deep respectful bow.

"Dragon Gleanixth, I apologize for anything that my brother and I have done to upset you." Sesania's expression was calm as she spoke those words. She gave him another bow before turning back and taking the reigns back from her brother to continue leading the runners on.

Sesron looked at his sister curiously. He couldn't understand why she had felt the need to apologize, just as he never seemed to understand her want to be in the background away from people.

"Queen Rider Heedana," Sesania bowed respectfully. "Thank you for taking the time to meet us. I'm sorry it has taken so long for us to arrive." She smiled sweetly, her head tilted slightly as she vaguely recognized the queen rider from her time as Robinton's apprentice.

"Heedana! Hi!" Though Sesania didn't quite know her, Sesron could easily recall the woman. "Remember me? We were instructed by Robinton together!" He grinned as he stepped forward, closer to Heedana. His green eyes were bright and his grin was jovial as he pointed at himself.

Plummet looked at the other firelizards and then at his Sesania, chirping softly at her. "I'll be fine go," Sesania whispered. Plummet grinned and quickly leaped into the air, faltering slightly before flying off to join his comrades.

Gleanixth grumbled audibly but seemed to suddenly take a liking to the calmer of the two. He looked at his rider and asked him to relay a message. E'ran turned to Sesania with an apologetic smile. "Blood dragon's are known for being rather moody and somewhat aggressive as well as very parental. He apologizes for his frustrations and asks that you forgive him." He said. His tone wasn't harsh, nor emotionless, just regretful.

Heedana felt as if a load of bricks had hit her smack dab in the face. She did remember them. She and Sesron had often gotten in trouble for both of them enjoyed talking. However, to atone for their misdoings, their music was often the most intricate as long as they had Sesania to keep the two in order. "NO WAY!" she shouted happily and hugged Sesron as tightly as she could then gave Sesania a lighter hug. "I haven't seen either of you in what seems like forever...even though it was a matter of 2 years. I thought that the names were familiar and to think I was thinking of writing a letter to Master Robinton to inquire as to how you tow were doing! Oh Praise Faranth this is a blessing." she said and hugged them both again. Her smile was bright and wide....in fact it was by far better than it had been since Tilleth's last rising when Heedana took her to the nearby Mountains. "Sesania....don't worry about the time, I took over for the last Harper who passed away in the first Fall of the month. You two must be famished..." she said and looked to the firelizards whirling high in the air. They were soon joined by a bronze firelizard that whirled down and landed on Heedana's head. "Etanor..." she said sternly and the little firelizard landed next to his friend, Yenay. "Oh...pardon my manners... The golden one is Yenay, The bronze fellow is Etanor and the two greens are Huzah and Tricky. As for the fellow walking our way, that is my friend K'leb."

K'leb was making his way over after he had heard that there was something urgent in Tilleth's mind. She had sent a message to Mirrim's dragon and he heard the entire discourse. His slightly long blond hair was hidden under a skullcap and his bright blue eyes matched that of G'lor's. He looked over the group and smiled. "You must be the new Harpers that were sent to us. Sesron and Sesania, correct? I am K'leb, rider of bronze Hethath." he said with a bow and then looked up to see a familiar character who was grinning from ear to ear.

G'lor had recognized the familiar stride of his brother from a distance. What solidified his guess, was the appearance and leading aura that seemed to float around his brother. "Kaleb?" he said with a smile then caught his mistake. "you mean...no way! And your speaking? how in the world did that happen?" he asked as he embraced his older brother.

K'leb was shocked least to say as he hugged his brother closely tears stinging his eyes. "Gelor? I cannot believe it...yes I Impressed...a bronze no less!! And the bugger had knocked me over and Oldive said that my voice box was fully matured and all just needed a bit of shifting..." he looked behind his brother to hear the calm voice of a dragon saying hello and asking why he was hugging his rider. I am this...rider? "Gelor...you're a rider?" He said holding his brother at a distance. He grinned once more when his brother shook his head in an affirmative. "And from the looks of it....one of those newer dragons." He said looking at Xitith who stretched his neck proudly and stretched out his wings to show off his dappled hide.

G'lor was laughing and smiling as the two brothers became reunited and they turned their attention back onto the matters at hand. "Heedana, Xitith says that Manora is putting you on watch for that new child this evening. She is there on her own already."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~

Manora received a harried impression from thw Golden Tilleth. She sighed to herself knowing that this was going to come. She grabbed some chilled water, fellis and some wine along with a bowl of soup for the child and marched up to her bedroom. "Rebekah?" she called as she knocked on the child's door. It was open and she walked in. The sight of the poor girl was sad least to say and she walked over to the girl while placing her hand on her head. "My dear child...you have a fever! To much excitement if you ask me." she said and laid the girl back on her bed but left the covers off

Sesania gave Gleanixth a gentle smile. "There is nothing to apologize for. You are a dragon, that is your way," Sesania replied. "It would be like me apologizing for being calm and quiet. I can't change who I am just as much as a dragon can not change what they are."

Sesron felt like rolling his eyes as he happily hugged Heedana back. Just as he had done when they were younger, he lifted her up, spun her once, and then set her down. "I thought you'd have forgotten about us, now that you're a queen rider and such." He grinned and laughed as his childhood friend called them coming a blessing. "Well, I guess seeing me again would be a blessing for anyone!" Sesron laughed heartily.

"Oh Heedana, please don't fuel his pride. I'm the one who has to deal with it later," Sesania said as she shifted her bag. She smiled warmly as she returned the hug. "Food would be nice about now. Plummet at the last of our meat this morning," at the mention of his name, the blue firelizard came out from between and fell onto Sesron's head.

"OW! Sesaniaaa!" Sesron whined for a moment. "You need to teach Plummet how to fly better!"

Plummet snickered and went to Sesania, landing on her shoulder. His tail curled around her neck as he greeted Heedana.

"It is a pleasure to meet your little ones, and I'm sure you remember Plummet?" Sesania gave the blue a scratch.

Before either Sesron or Sesania could greet K'leb, he launched himself at his acclaimed brother.

Sesania sighed softly. Things were definitely very interesting already, and they hadn't been at the weyr a full day yet. "Our Runners need to be secured before food I think." She smiled. "Then maybe the three of us can go and have a practice session. It would be nice to play with you again."

"Oh yeah! By the egg would it be great!" Sesron announced. "We were the best back at the Harper Hall!"

Delom walked about in the Bowl, staring at the dragons as they took off with their riders or landed to relax in the sand. His Fire Lizard, Voren, popped out from between in front of his face and chirped loudly. Delom laughed at the excited creature as it landed on his shoulder and looked up at the skies where some dragons were flying. The young man wondered if this was how his brothers had felt when they first arrived at Fort Weyr. All he knew was that Benden was much larger than what he had imagined. His brothers would be paying a visit once he Impressed a dragon anyway, and he knew that the Hatching was imminent. He was recruited in quite a hurry, having only half an hour to pack before he was taken to Benden. His parents knew that he was going to go to a Weyr anyway because of his brothers, but they had never expected Benden Weyr to take him. It didn't matter, though. He would easily find friends here.

Soria gave Atisith the signal to land a fair distance from the group. Once the dusted gold dragon settled on the ground, Soria slowly climbed down Atisith's side. The young woman leaned against Atisith, her eyes focused on the group a distance from her. While Soria failed to notice the male and his fire lizard walking the bowl, Atisith did and gve the male Delom a greeting.

Gleanixth rumbled kindly and flew off above them over to the water with Xitith. Xitith, however looked at the young man and decided to stop and say hello. Hey there! he said and rumbled a kind greeting. I'm Xitith...who are you? His natural friendliness and kindness was sometimes overbearing.

Heedana giggled when Sesron spun her around as he did when they were little. "I'll have one of our Herdsman take care of them and get them to a valley that has plenty of food and water for them. It's only a little bit and i am sure they will have a fun time romping with the other runners." she said and held her hand out for the reigns as she replied to her dragon and told her to tell Mirrim's Path that she would take care of the girl after the meal and then asking her to call on the Herdsman. In moments, a short man with curly hair was there and howed to Heedana.

"You called?" he asked then looked at the runners. "I see...may I take them?" he asked holding his hands out for the two sets of reigns.

K'leb slung one arm around his brother's shoulders and the other around E'ran's wh smiled but quickly masked it. He did however, put his arm around K'leb and the three started off towards the Kitchens and Food Hall. Their firelizards flew overhead their eyes whirling redly with hunger.

Ezran heard the bell of the food hall and bid farewell to her dragon as she ran across the sands and met up with K'leb. "Etaran!" she cried and hugged her brother close even as he hugged her tightly. They looked into each other's eyes, brother and sister. She hugged him once more everything forgiven. She joined the chain of friends on the other side of her brother. "Hey lovebird, where's Soria?" she asked K'leb. "And who is Heedana going googly over?" she asked with a laugh.

K'leb smirked as he responded. "Soria is packing for our trip tomorrow and then Heedana is talking with some friend's from the Harper Hall....by the way, how does it feel being a Wingsecond?" He smiled at E'ran's face.

"Wingsecond?" he said looking at his little sister with a smile. He hugged her again and pulled her close to kiss her on her head. He listened as she said that it was exhilirating and challenging at the same time. She loved it a lot.

Edited by LoveLost

The twins handed over the reigns, trusting that the herdsman would take care of their runners.

"So what's it like being a queen rider and stuff?" Sesron asked as the two runners were lead away. He rubbed the back of his head in curiosity. He'd never gotten the chance to talk to a queen rider before...and well, it was Heedana. He could easily talk to Heedana.

"Oh Sesron..." Sesania mumbled as Plummet launched himself after the other firelizards. She smiled sadly for a moment. Plummet had already made friends here, while hers were still back at the Harper Hall. Sure, she could easily send messages to them via Plummet, but it wasn't the same. Making friends was...difficult for her since most tended to be wary of her perpetual calm demeanor.

"Is the current clutch Tilleth's then?" Sesron asked as they continued walking. "Masterharper Robinton didn't tell us much when we left, and that was nearly a week ago."

As they arrived at the Food Hall, Sesron adjusted his bag. "Something smells good," he said as he smelled the air appreciatively. "The cooks here must be very good." Sesron looped an arm around Heedana's shoulders. "It really is good to see you again."

Sesania fell back from Heedana and Sesron. This moment was theirs and she wasn't going to interrupt it. Plummet murmured something in her ear and she smiled sadly at the little blue. "Go get some food Plummet, I'll be fine." Her voice was quiet as she observed everyone around her. Her green eyes wandered from the brothers back to Sesron and Heedana. To be completely honest, she wanted to go to her new room and get settled in. She was sure by now her lap harp needed some major care after traveling for so long.

((eh...not my best, but then again I AM at work...teaching music to little kids...oh the humanity how am I not insane yet?!))

Delom nodded a greeting at Atisith. "Hey, Voren! A queen wants to make our acquaintance! I think we're getting popular already!" Delom laughed as Voren setteld on his shoulder, draping his tail over his companion's shoulder. The Fire Lizard gazed up at the looming Queen as Delom made his way towards Soria. He stopped a few feet from her. "I'm guessing this is your Queen? She's very beautiful, if you don't mind me saying," he said. He gave a small bow, barely a lean forward, as a greeting before he said, "Delom the Great, at your service!" His eyes twinkled at Soria.

((Oh, I am going to have soooo much fun with this character.))

Edited by BlueApollo

((ok here goes nothing!))

Bezervn nodded in agreement "It is so amazing and colorful" She said looking around "Great red rocks stacked in arches. Sunset red sand as well as bone white and skin. When the red sand is wet, it turns bronze" She looked at Ridley. "The same color as him in fact" Ridley chirped with joy at being talked about. "The rocks have the same hues"She went on "Along with black, and a chalky green."

Edited by Lichenfur

((You know they say that a crazy person doesn't know they're crazy, Ethril Dragon. *insert cheeky grin*))

Soria giggled at Delom and returned his bow with a curtsy. Beside Soria, Atisith gave a rumble of amusement. Her preening under Delom's complement made Soria rolled her eyes and giggle at the queen. "Hello, Delom. I'm Soria, Junior Weyrwoman and rider of Gold Atisith, and the lovely beside me is Atisith. We're pleased to meet you. Is there anything I can help you with?"

Xitith looked at Soria and nudged the young man in front of him. Hellooooo? he called inside the young man's mind. Hey Soria, why can't he hear me? he asked the young woman.

Heedana blushed at the thought of Tilleth flying again. "No...actually it's Ramoth's last for awhile cause after this one, Lessa is forcing me to allow Tilleth to breed." she blushed again but put her arm around Sesron's waist. "I haven't ever let her breed...at all. Last time it nearly killed us both." she sighed. "Guess I just never met the right person...and she has never truly liked any of the bronzes around here..." she laughed when he mentioned food. "Some of the best cooks are here...thanks to Manora. She is an amazing woman...I mean cummon! Her sons are our Weyrleader and Weyrlingmaster." She laughed as Yenay huffed at the two greens as they dove after Plummet. A few drudges brought out several large bowls of meat for all of the firelizards to eat. "Lorto, Haykar, thanks for doing that." she said to them as she walked by. She then remembered Sesron asking another question. "As for being a queen rider? You're almost always busy. Lessa put me in charge of the goings on on the ground, Soria is in charge of the Weyrlings along with F'nor and then Cleo...where is that girl? Well she is in charge of all the studying abroad. Smart girl and really sweet...both of them actually are sweet." She breathed deep the scent of garlic, tubers and juicy wherry meat.

Ezran led the way with her brother to the place where the green riders sat. "Wait a second...." she stopped and walked back to Heedana. "Weyrwoman Heedana?" she said while curtsying. She would never forsake a title unless asked to do so.

Heedana looked at Ezran and smiled. "yes Wingsecond Ezran?" she said gently wondering what would be bothering the girl. She had seemed changed and actually looked quite lovely in a skirt and beaded shirt much like her own that she was wearing.

"Where do the Blood and Champagne rider's sit?" she asked and awaited an answer. She felt a hand being placed on her shoulder and looked up to see her brother. It was easy to tell they were siblings for they ahd the same broad shoulders and green eyes and even the same skin tone; dark and sultry.

"I think I can assist there."

"Oh? what do you suggest E'ran?" Heedana asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Blood's are between the size of a brown and a blue while Champagnes are mores so borther's to the bronzes. Logically speaking, the Bloods would sit with the Blue and green riders and the Champagne would sit with the bronzes." he said and left it at that.

Heedana thought for a moment. "Alright then. Ezran, there is your answer." before the two could walk away she touched E'ran's forearm. "I will need to talk to you later tomorrow, preferably in the morning before you take your watch." she said her tone angered but not at him. "Your dragon and yourself will be put to better use that befits your temperments." she said with a twinkle in her eyes. She then led the way to the table of the queen rider's and weyrleader and guests.

((will edit more later!!))

Rebekah looked at the person who had come in, eyes wide and scared. "Why's the Weyr moving? Who are you?" She looked around for Blira. "Blira, where are you?" she cried. She didn't know what had happened or what to do. She clenched her eyes shut. "Blira!" she cried again. Curling into a ball, she was half-asleep, not really knowing what she was doing, sort of like sleepwalking. "Blira, help me! I'm falling!" She was safe in the middle of her bed.

Blira flitted from place to place. She found her way back to Rebekah's room and looked at her. She was on her bed in a ball. Landing next to her, she crooned softly. She let out a piercing, high-pitched shriek and flew off the bed as Rebekah swung her arm at her, not full-force, thankfully. Now she knew something was wrong. She perched on the edge of a small stool and looked anxiously at the one who had come in. Then at last Rebekah calmed down, shivering. Blira landed on the edge of her blanket and grabbed it in her little mouth, straining to cover the girl with it. Then she curled up next to her head, making a noise similar to singing.

Edited by Pigegirl 2

Maybe he's not listening right? Soria walked over to Xitith and placed a hand on the dragon. Atisith remained where she was, not feeling the need to move. Soria could handle getting the two talking, Atisith, would simply enjoy the show. When she looked up to Xitith, she gave him a broad smile and made a gesture to Delom. Maybe you should keep trying.I'm sure he's not ignoring you. Edited by Mijikoi

Sesron winced and held Heedana close for a moment. "I do hope you find that special someone then Heedana. You deserve it, you're just really special." Sesron gave her a big grin and kissed her forehead playfully.

He gave an appreciative sniff as he looked at the food. "I must meet this Manora and thank her most appropriately." Of course, his way of thanking people was to hug them and spin them if he can.

Sesron watched his old friend, his smile turning much softer then it usually is. He had grown up with this woman, learned music with her, played with her, and even gotten in trouble with her. He wanted to see her happy. 'Perhaps fate has brought us here just for that purpose!' he thought as his smile became large again. If he could help Heedana smile and laugh, then that was what he was going to do! Anything to give her some respite during her obvious busy life.

Sesania found an empty corner she could sit down. Her brother knew how to find her if he needed her. For now, she just wanted to watch the movement of the weyr around her. Study the riders and weyr folk as it were. She needed to know these people before she could attempt to befriend any of them.

She set her bag down and untied her lap harp. Carefully, she ran her fingers along the fragile instrument, looking for any cracks or signs of wear. Once Sesania was satisfied her precious harp was indeed quite fine, she began tuning softly. Other then her brother and plummet, her harp was one of the things she cared about most.

Plummet tried to land near the meat, but he tumbled and ended up in a big heap. Quickly, he righted himself and began eating. Fresh meat was so much better then travel rations.

Delom patted the champagne dragon's head after it bumped him. He could hear a faint hello in his head, but he didn't believe, no, couldn't believe that the dragon was trying to communicate with him. He gave an imploring glance at Soria before he returned to the dragon before him. "What's going on, Junior Weyrwoman Soria? He seems to like me," Delom said as he patted the dragon's head. This dragon had already impressed, and he knew he would look like a fool if he thought he could talk with dragons that he wasn't connected with.

Talea gave Bezervn her brush back and began to braid the girl's hair. She tried to imagine the environment her new friend was describing, but she found it difficult. The only rocks she could imagine were cold and black, like the ones she remembered from the mines. At least she had left before she could have gotten injured there, and she enjoyed working with the runners better. "It must have been amazing," she said.

"Delom meet Xitith. Xitith meet Delom. He's been trying to greet you himself, but I think you weren't hearing him." Soria's voice was colored with laughter that was echoed by her dragon. She looked between Delom and Xitith with a giggle. "In fact, Xitith asked me why you weren't hearing him. Um, may I ask why you didn't answer him?"

((I'll add a bit more in a minute when I can get on my comp.))

Shane wasn't thrilled with the idea of trying for another dragon.

Who knew if this dragon, such as the one's he had tried to ride earlier, would attack him after feeling his energy. It was so dark, in contrast to all his family members. They had gotten their dragons on their first try, every one of them except him. They all had fair skin, green eyes, and lighter hair. He really was a dark child. His jet black hair and bright blue eyes made him look like he wasn't even related to his family. No wonder they were so easily persuaded to give him away. He just wasn't their type. The memory of the last dragon he had tried played over and over in his head...

"Shane! Today is the big day! Number twelve is coming at you!" a man who looked a lot like and older version of Shane with light brown hair and green eyes beamed as he went towards a younger Shane. Shane didn't look much different, same emotionless look and bad disposition. "Father..." he muttered but was cut off.

"Come! To the sands my young son. Today could be your lucky day!" his father beamed.

"Again..." he whispered to himself.

Edited by zexion577568

((lol! Hatchings are done on the Sands. The eggs are taller than a man and guys can only Impress certain kinds. It is with the firelizards who can be impressed by anyone, that they always Impress. so you might want to edit that. His father could have been on the Sands with him and Shane would have watched as every other child was selected by a dragon but himself. Dragon's are intelligent beings...lol don't forget that smile.gif ))

Xitith thought for a moment and nudged Soria's hand gently. Maybe it's because we Champagne's aren't as emapathic as the others? I don't know...but I wanted to say hi to him. he said with a smile in the boy's direction. G'lor said that Champagne's are far more friendly to everyone than any of the other dragons. He said with yet another kind smile.

E'ran nodded to Heedana then walked to his place with his sister as everyone started to come in for meals.

Ezran walked back in with her brother and sat near the table where t'lom was. She didn't know why...she just wanted him to meet her brother. But, where was the boy? Wasn't F'lar going to announce the arrival of the harpers or something? Jerome flew around the bowl of meat and landed near plummet. He laughed slightly as he started to eat the meat with Kyl, Uther, Gusto, Tricky, Yenay and Huzah and all the other firelizards there.

Heedana smiled at Sesron's embrace and found herself enjoying every moment of being around him. "Thank's Sesron. I am sure you will be able to see her tomorrow, but at the moment she is taking care of a young girl that seems to have gotten a fever. From what Path is telling Tilleth, the girl has had far to much stress as of late." she said and walked onto the platform and grabbed another chair so that Sesron could sit next to her. She was about to get another for Sesania when she saw the girl in a quiet corner like she usually was. She chuckled to herself and watched F'lar and Lessa walk to the table...where were the other Weyrwomen? Oh well, they would walk in late.

F'lar motioned for everyone to sit down while he stayed standing. "i would like to announce tonight, that we have our new Harpers! Maybe now, Weyrwoman Heedana, will grace us with her wonderful voice." he said putting the woman on the spot. He laughed as Heedana gave him an agahst look. "Don't worry girl!" he said and sat down. Their table was served first and he approved the food so then it was fed to everyone else.

G'lor sat down next to K'leb and the two ate heartily. The next day, K'leb would be out all day and G'lor was to be going through the fields and double checking for any signs of thread. K'leb laughed with his brother and they were in a large amoutn of joviality.

E'ran grinned at the other green riders and blue riders as they baraged him with questions. He answered all of them in due time and ate as well.

Morana looked at the poor girl and stroked her head. "now now dear. I am the headwoman here and you are in good hands. Mirrim, the first green rider and I will be taking care of you." she soaked a towel in cool water and dabbed the irls forehead. "Why don't you tell me about yourself?" she said as Mirrim walked into the room. "Is Path keeping Soria updated?" she asked the child.

Mirrim blushed. "I thought you said Heedana..." she quickly corrected her dragon and herself to send her messages to Soria.

Path rumbledin frustration. Weyrwoman Soriaaa. The dragon called with a laugh. Manora says that I am to tell you that one of your weyrlings is ill. I thought I was to tell Heedana...but i was mistaken. I hope you aren't angry...but it is your duty as the assistant for all the sections of weyrlings.

Henath pushed her head into his hand gently. I have been waiting a long time to meet you young one. I felt your strong empathy come into this world. Her voice was kind and soft when she spoke to the boy. He was dark yes, but she knew why...she had felt him growing up and had felt his mind shift and turn. The light green dragon rumbled gently and licked his hand softly. You don't frighten me and I should not frighten you.

Plummet chirped happily as Jerome landed near him. Once he was full, he clumsily flew back to Sesania, who offered him her shoulder. Plummet curled around her neck and sighed as he fell into a light doze.

Sesania was pleased with her lap harp. It had survived the traveling and now it was completely in tune. She lightly plucked a chord from three strings and then gently set the string instrument back with her bag. Now all that was left to do was get something to eat and then go to her new room. Sleep sounded good by this point...and a bath.

"Oh that poor girl!" Sesron's expression turned sad and he touched his heart dramatically. "Perhaps an appearance by myself and perhaps," He grinned at his friend. "The must beautifully gifted Heedana would raise her spirits?" He grinned. "Music has always been the best cure for any ailment...though Masterharper Robinton would say Benden wine is the best cure." Sesron winked.

Sesania looked over at her brother, who was still attached to Heedana. She smiled and looked around again. Several dragon riders caught her attention for a moment before she looked away again.

F'lar, the weyrleader,' caught her attention as everyone sat to listen to him. 'Oh...dear...' Sesania had been expecting some sort of welcoming, but she herself did not enjoy such attention. She made herself as inconspicuous as possible. Sesron on the other hand waved cheerful from his spot next to Heedana.

"Never fear Heedana," Sesron whispered from where he sat. "Sesania and I will be right there with you. Like old times!" His grin was large and jovial.

Of course I'm not angry. I do thank you for telling me. Would you be a dear and tell her I'll be right there? Soria gave Xitith a fond smile, before turning to Amphitere and gesturing to Delom. She had listened to Path and agreed with the dragon about her own responsiblities. Straightening away from Xitith, Soria addressed Delom. "I need to tend a Weyrling, but my Amphitere will lead you to Heedana or K'leb if you like. I apologize that I have to leave so quickly."

Atisith, could you tell K'leb I'll be late too dinner and that I'm sending a Delom to Him and Heedana?

Of course, Sor. The gold dragon relayed what Soria had mentioned to K'leb with a laugh of her own. She's all nerves about this trip you know, K'leb? Would you talk to her before you take to bed? See if you can calm her down?

After saying what she had to say and hearing an afirmative from Atisith, Soria took off on foot to Rebekah's room. She ran on light feet across the bowl of the Weyr and into the barracks hall. As she approached Rebekah's room, she slowed to a fast walk until she came to a stop just inside the room. She gave Manora and Mirrim a fond look before looking at Rebekah. "How is she, Manora? Do I need to see if I can find Cleo?"

Edited by Mijikoi

((When is the Hatching going to happen?))

"Well, hello there. I thought I was hearing something, but I didn't want to sound insane. I thought dragons could only communicate with their riders," Delom said as he patted the draong's muzzle again. He couldn't be that sensitive, could he? Voren tittered with laughter at Delom's preposterous idea. The dragon just liked him, right?

T'lom joined Ezran just as the announcement about the new Harpers was made. He was unsure of exactly what Harpers did, but he had a vague idea. He could probably safely bet that the people at Crom Hold had no idea what a Harper was, so he felt slightly more cultured. He looked at Ezran and smiled at her, uncertain of what to do. Where exactly was their relationship now?