LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

Ezran felt Soria fall into her and held out a supportive hand. She blushed. She may have been Impressed in the same clutch, but Soria was still her superior and her Weyrwoman. "Are you alright Weyrwoman?" she asked and helped her stand up. Jerome was busily chittering at Astraios fellow blue and was asking him how could she do that to her rider? He would never dare do that.

K'leb watched Soria come their way and was about to hand Amphitere back to her but she fell onto Ezran. Luckily, Ezran was a rather stout and steady girl.

Edited by LoveLost

((^.^ Astraios is blue.))

Soria straightened and nearly smacked herself in the forehead. She gave Ezran a grin through her blush. Atisith made her amusement known to Soria as Soria floundered for a response. After taking a deep breathe, Soria poked Ezran. "You're supposed to call me Soria. And yes, thanks to you. Poor Astaios still hasn't quite worked out that I can't fly."

Soria smiled at the group and gave Ezran a hug of thanks. Soria then sent K'leb a shy smile and a fond greeting. Her jaw nearly dropped when she heard Atisith informing K'leb of their little pinic and how Soria had fallen in the mud chasing after Amphitere. You would have been amused, I think.

T'lom watched as the Fire Lizards began to come and chat with their friends on the way to the kitchens. Lira popped up from between in front of T'lom and chirped softly. She landed gently on his shoulder before she turned to look at his sister. She chirped a soft greeting to Talea before T'lom peeled the Fire Lizard off his shoulder and handed her to Talea.

"This is Lira," he said as Talea took the little green in her arms. "She used to be a fireball of attitude before her buddy was taken in a Threadfall, but I'm certain she'll take a liking to you. Anyways, I think I have to leave you in the good hands of my friends for now." He turned to Heedana. "I am the rider of Feyth. Is anything wrong?"

Talea held Lira in her arms until the Fire Lizard squirmed and forced herself out of Talea's grasp so she could perch on the girl's shoulder. Talea laughed slightly before she turned back to the group.

Cleo finished binding off her current patch when Neith projected into her mind. Atisith and Soria just got back from their picnic. Picnic? Yes. Soria and the others are headed to the Food Hall, as is Heedana. Cleo smiled at her vast striped queen. Are you nudging me to be social? Neith snorted and gestured with her head for her rider to go along. I won't need anything for a while. Cleo nodded assent, packed up her knitting things and called over Isis and Osiris. The little fire lizards were always willing for a snack. They danced around her for a few of her strides before landing on each shoulder and curling their tails about her neck.

((sorry bout taking so long to post guys!))

Ezran blushed slightly and then laughed. She untangled Astaios from Soria's legs and held him in her arms as Jerome jealously perched on her shoulder. She stroked the younger blues head then handed him to Soria. "Alright then Wey- I mean Soria." she said with a bright smile. "Can we sit somehwere besides where the greens are? I know that Soria and Cleo have to sit with the other two, but still...please?" she practically begged.

Heedana smiled in an almost congratulatory nature. "No, but I think you like to come with me to see F'lar, F'nor, and Lessa." she said and stepped back slightly to allow him to walk beside her. Oh don't torture the child Heedana. i am quite sure that he is wondering what he has done to deserve time away from eating. Oh hush Tilleth. he will learn and will be quite happy. She had been alone for so long that she no longer stood couched but stood at her full 6'1 height and enjoyed every moment of it. Yenay chirped a kind welcome to the boy and sniffed him lightly before settling herself amongst the golden edges of Heedana's hair. Tirkcy and Huzah entwined their tails around Heedana's neck along with Yenay's making a green-gold-green necklace for her.

K'leb looked at Heedana unsure of what to say or do and asked Tilleth what was going on then conveyed it to Feyth after making sure Soria heard that Tilleth said that T'lom was going to be the first Wingleader of the group. His smile was unbridled as he started to guide the girls to the kitchens then heard his dragons comment that Cleo was close behind them. K'leb looked back awaiting Cleo's body to appear from behind the entrance to her Weyr. "Hold on a moment, let's wait for Cleo." he said courteously.

Soria happily wrapped her arms around Astraios, giving Ezran a bright smile in return. She glanced at K'leb and Heedana and then shrugged. Soria listened when she was informed of what was going on with T'lom and had to refrain from sqealing her joy for the rider. After a moment Soria slinked over to K'leb and planted a chaste kiss on his lips before returning to Ezran's side. While Soria remained quiet not sure if Ezran had been talking to herself or Heedana, but chatted with Atsith and whatever dragon felt like talking to her. Does anyone know where Lady Lessa is? I'd like to see about visiting Lemos. Mother says that Feygia was to have had her baby in her last missive and I want to check Tintesk and the others.

Don't worry, T'lom. There are good things in store for you. Feyth coaxed in T'lom's head as the boy began to walk alongside Heedana. Feyth could barely conceal his own pride and excitement, but he soared out of his weyr to find T'lom once he had been given the news. Lira chirped in Talea's arms and turned to look at him before she returned to her perch on Talea's shoulder.

Talea shrugged slightly as she watched T'lom walk off. Lira protested slightly but wrapped her tail around Talea's neck to regain her balance. "Who's Cleo?" she asked after she realized K'leb had stopped. It was going to take awhile for her to learn all these names, but it would be okay. She just couldn't wait until she Impressed her own dragon. I'm beginning to act like my brother she thought to herself as she stood by K'leb.

"Ah, Cleo is a fellow Weyrwoman. Heedana, Cleo and I are three of the Junior Weyrwomen."Soria grinned at Talea before blinking owlishly at the newcomer. Her grin returned and she gave Talea another smile. "Oh, I'm Junior Weyrwoman Soria, rider of the gold Atisith. Oh and you've already met Amphitere, my green Fire lizard. The blue fire lizard in my arms is Astraios, the gold one on my head is Ananke and the bronze on my right shoulder is Achronos. Um, who are you?"

Nervous again, Sor? Honestly, one would think you'd be over it by now. Oh, and no I do not know where Lessa is. Atisith's tone was jubiulant as she teased Soria. Soria simply gave the dragon a mental raspberry.

K'leb blushed slightly when Soria kissed him and then laughed at himself as Hethath admonished him for blushing instead of bravely stepping into the kiss and sweeping her off her feet. He was about to answer Talea but Soria got to it before him. "As i think you know, Lessa, rider of gold Ramoth, is weyrwoman and then F'lar, her mate and weyrleader is the rider of Bronze Menementh. F'lar's brother is his Wingleader and the Weyrlingmaster. He rides the largest brown ever and his name is Canth. You'll be seeing those two a lot!" he said kindly and joyously. He patted Amphitere then laid his hand gently on Soria's shoulder to try and calm her. He then turned to Talea and decided to amplify on what the queens did. "You should know that Soria is the caretaker of the entire Weyr and she does amazingly. Cleo, is our broad studier. Her main area of expertice is healing and she has been called to Fort several times. Then there is Heedana and there is not much that I can say about her without being killed." he said with a laugh.

Ezran stopped and watched K'leb talk about the queen riders but the greens and blues were the best in her view. "Well, he is just talking about the leaders...he isn't talking about the flesh and blood of the flights. Us green and blue riders are the backbone. The oldest person in this weyr right now is green rider of Henath, Zee and then our best scribe is blue rider S'kom. Even the choice wingsecond for F'nor is a green rider." she said trying to give her fellow riders some voice.

K'leb laughed again. "They are also the ones that you will see in the most brawls with that little squirt right there." he said nodding to Ezran.

Heedana smiled to herself as she knocked on the stone beside the entrance to Lessa and Flar's weyr. "Oh leaders!" she crooned as she walked through the veil that covered their room then held it back so that T'lom could walk through. "Come on T'lom." she said and smiled widely at him.

Lessa and F'lar were sitting together eating their breakfast and looked at the veil with smiles on their faces.

Zee woke up her heart racing. Henath was getting old and due to pass anytime. She stood up and watched her dragon closely and climbed onto the old back after cleaning up and getting dressed. Her bones ached and her mind was foggy, but the comforting presence of her dragon rested in her mind. Together they stepped off the ledge and glided the few feet to the ground to land near the children.

((Hey, Lovelost. Where did you get the cute pictres? I wanna see if I can get some.))

Soria blushed at K'leb's compliment to herself and gave him a fond smile. At Ezran's mention of Zee and Henath, Soria sent a queiry to Henath asking how both the dragon and rider were. She also searched for Ramoth to see if the queen would let Lessa know that Soria was looking for her. That is if you don't mind, Lady Mother.

Soria and Atisith had spent a few sevendays trying to agree on what to call Ramoth that let Soria feel she was paying proper respect and still felt akin to Ramoth. They had settled on Lady Mother after a random dragon had suggested it. Soria wrinkled her nose as she remembered that she'd have to make sure to get new boots. Her current boots while comfortable right now, were worn and wouldn't last another month. She made a mental note to see someone about that before she approached Lessa. With that decided, Soria turned her attention back to listening to the conversation around her.

((I made them at a site called www.tektek.org I love the place!))

((I can see why. It's a lot (two words, not one) of fun.^.^))

((I'll post with K'leb and the others once Blue replies smile.gif and we need Ramoth to when she can smile.gif ))

I doubt I will live out the turn and then my rider still has many more good years within her. She said her eyes whriling the forest green that she was known for even though she was paler than usual. Zee looked sadly at her dragon then smiled at dear Soria and laughed at her dragons comment.

Ramoth thought for a moment and then replied to Soria calmly with a hint of amusement in her deep voice. She and F'lar are talking with Heedana and T'lom. She will see you soon and sends her love to you and Cleo. She said while relaying the message to her other daughter Neith to tell Cleo.

Edited by LoveLost

((^.^Works for me. Soria still doesn't know who Talea is.lol^.^))

Soria looked to Henath with a saddened expression. She'd have to mention this to Cleo. Maybe amoungst the healers they could help Henath.If there is anything I can do for you or arrange to get you or Zee, please let me know Henath.

She was sad to hear the dragon speak so dourly, but Soria was aware they were better at knowing of when their passing would be. She would do her best to make Henath and Zee comfortable in the mean time. Soria bounced lightly on her heals, upon hearing that she could speak with Lessa and a part of her warmed at Lessa's caring.Thank you, Lady Mother.

((Lemme explain why it took so long to post: (btw I'm sorry I was gone for so long!) School which included major amounts of studying for a major exam that I think I did very well on, working at the theatre, and all my junior military stuff and a big happy 21st B-day for my sis! Anyways, back to the RP))

Talea smiled at Soria as Lira's tail twitched slightly. "Glad to meet you, Soria. I'm Talea, T'lom's sister." She turned to K'leb. "I'm guessing that the brown dragon riders have more authority or are less common than the greens? I mean, T'lom probably knows more about this than I do, but he lived, breathed, and slept dragons since he was little. He never really bothered to explain everything to me, though."

T'lom stepped into F'lar and Lessa's weyr. They wore smiles on their faces, so he returned the courtesy with a smile of his own and uttered a "Good morning" to top it off. He obviously wasn't in trouble, so he began to relax. Good news was coming, and he could tell Feyth was holding some of his own excitement back, but T'lom didn't pressure the dragon for any more information.

((Feyth is a brown right???))

((no need to explain Blue. But i am glad your sis is another year older and that you did well on that exam smile.gif ))

K'leb decided that it was alright to tell her everything she needed to know. He hoped that Soria would stop him though if he started to talk to much. "Well, you are correct there. Browns are less common but are the best of both worlds. They have more agility than the bronze but obtain their strength and prowess. However, they are unable to join in on the mating flights, thus the reason that there has never been a brown Weyrleader. But I think with this recent batch, there may, just possibly, be a brown large enough to fly a queen without getting injured." he said with a smile as Hethath flew down amongst a few greens and his mother. He stood shoulder to shoulder with her and was able to look her in the eye. She was smaller than her two daughters by at least a foot or two which made them seem to tower above Hethath.

Ezran skipped along to the kitchen and grabbed a spot for all of them including all of the queen riders.

Heedana stepped back from T'lom just slightly enough so he could face the Weyrleaders on his own. Her heart raced with anticipation and excitement for T'lom and for K'leb soon enough. Tilleth bugled her joy and flexed her light golden hide covered wings so that she could get a better look at her mother and brother.

F'lar stood up slightly and nodded at the soon to be Wingleader. "T'lom, you have shown amazing prowess and you have progressed faster than our dear K'leb. I am not one to have drawn out long discussions and I enjoy getting to the point. So rather than talk about how wonderfully you have done, I'll just cut to the chase. YOU sir, are to be the newest Wingleader. Since I have chosen you first instead of K'leb, you can decide whether or not you want him as your Wingsecond or as a fellow Wingleader that work together. Once his spot is chosen, he can't advance unless his dragon flies a queen. You will be in control of the group you control now which contains all the browns from your Hatching and then all the Greens." he stopped here as Lessa placed a hand on his arm.

"T'lom, I want you to consider something. If you decide to have K'leb as your Wingsecond, he wont be able to follow his own dream of commanding a flight. Besides, this morning, that Ezran girl put an end to a bloody fight between a blue and green rider. She might be your trump card if you have her as a Wingsecond...her or even Gurty, possibly Elna. It is your choice now and not ours. But we WILL support you...us along with Heedana." she said motioning to Heedana who wore her now official Weyrwoman's knot on her right shoulder.

((I'm curious does anyone aside from Cleo and Heedana know about K'leb and Soria's ability to speak to all dragons?))

Soria nodded her agreement with K'leb. She fiddled with her hair as she thought of what she could add to the conversation. After a mental nudge from Atisith, Soria decided to just go with it. "It is possible. If you like, Talea, I'm sure K'leb, Cleo and myself can answer what ever questions you might have. Also, I can introduce you to Atisith? I have to oil her after we eat."

She gestured to where Atisith had joined the others, giving Hethath a fond greeting. Soria giggled at Atsith and covered her mouth with a hand to stiffle it. Astraios flitted from Soria's arms and flew over to take a perch on Atsith's back. Once he settled he gave Soria the impression of flying. Soria shook her head and gave a mental call for the blue to come back. Food first Astraios.

((Can I please, please, please join?? I love Pern and have done so ever since my dad first started me reading them when I was 8!!

Username: Blazestar

Character Name: K'lath

Personality: Very brave and devoted to Heldarth, his bronze. Is not like the Old- timers, he embraces change, but only when it is in the Weyr's favor.

History: Weyrbred, from Benden. Neither parents Impressed, so when K'lath did the Weyr was very suprised.

Looks: Has short brown hair and is 6 foot 8, and always wears weyr- hide.

Dragon Name AND Looks: Heldarth, a bronze of Benden. Heldarth has a peculiar black spot right underneath his eye, which intrigues everyone he meets- those that aren't running away in fear that he'll eat him, that is.

Fire Lizards: Gold named Achimara, which Heldarth adores. ))

Edited by Blazestar

((Blazestar, you can join once you edit your form and SEND it to me like I said in the rules. You will need plenty of editing there because you are supposed to have far more information than you have put down.))

((yah, F'lar and Lessa do but no one else does smile.gif ))

Feyth bugled proudly once T'lom had finally had heard the good news. Lira nearly fell off Talea's shoulder as she chirped in reply to Feyth. T'lom was silent before the two weyrleaders for a moment as he took everything in. A wingleader? He would be the youngest in Benden Weyr, maybe even all of Pern.There must have been some sort of mistake. Maybe it was a joke....No, the weyrleaders' faces were perfectly serious, and Feyth's proud ramblings in his head were not fake in the least. He finally took a deep breath and began to speak again.

"Thank you so much, and I agree entirely. K'leb will be my fellow wingleader as I know I will fail if I take this on alone. Ezran is a perfect choice for Wingsecond, and I am confident that she will take the position well." A wise decision, my friend. I'll tell the others. Feyth said in T'lom's mind before he began to spread the goood news throughout the rest of the dragon population in Benden Weyr.

Talea nodded enthusiastically at Soria as she followe Ezran to the kitchen to eat. "I'd like that very much Soria," she said.

((What color dragon should Talea get?......))

((she could possibly get a blue smile.gif ))

((Can everyone send in their charries' ages?))

Hethath greeted Atisith in the same regard and fondly stroked her neck then bugled happily as he received the news from Feyth. He also knew that many of the other bronze dragons were highly upset because of his youth. Their speculations were quickly put down by a commanding roar from BOTH Menmenth and Ramoth. He snickered at his parents and smiled genuinely in his happiness for Feyth.

K'leb jumped into the air with a joyful whoop as he heard the news from his dragon which was reaffirmed from his own dragon. "WAY TO GO!!!" he shouted at the Weyrleaders' weyr and was so overcome with joy that he knocked Etanor off of his perch. Etanor angrily batted at his loved ones head which brought a lovely snicker from Hethath. K'leb calmed himself down and looked at Talea with a blush. "Your brother just made Wingleader." his face was beaming with pride.

Ezran heard all the bugling of Hethath and Jubilath and a lot of the other dragons that had impressed on the same day. She even recognized Tilleth's higher bugle. With a twitch of her foot she brought around a chair for Talea and Heedana and arranged their table so that they could all sit together. The sapphire blue Jerome sat near her and hissed at anyone that came to close. Ezran smiled when she heard that T'lom was made Wingleader but what came next was a complete surprise to her. HE had chosen HER as his Wingsecond. She stood up with a shout and people around her understood her enthusiasm.

Heedana smiled and left T'lom to find his way out of the Weyrleaders' weyr and made her way to the kitchens. She found Ezran sharing her joy with everyone around there and tied back her auburn, blond tipped hair.

Edited by LoveLost

Soria squealed her joy and bounced in place. Ananke had leapt from Soria's head in time to be snatched out of the air by said woman. Soria spun in a circle cheering for T'lom, Ezran and K'leb. When she stopped, she let Ananke go and threw her arms around K'leb's neck,spoke a congratulations into his cheek, and kissed him before rushing off to see Ezran. Atisith joined Hethath in his cheerful bugle and listened as Soria spoke rapidly and with extreeme delight. As Soria entered the kitchen, she beelined straight to Ezran and hugged the rider. "Congratulations, Ezran."

Ezran was completely surprised to get a hug from someone who was two years older than she was AND the weyrwoman! She hugged her back and smiled widely. Jubilath was tempted to walk into the kitchen and hug her rider as best she could but she knew that she would kill her rider if she did so. Ezran still squealed with delight and smiled. She then heard the next bit of information about K'leb and saw him nearly faint outside with surprise.

Soria smiled when K'leb heard the news and restrained from running up to him. She had been confident about his position when T'lom had chosen Ezran for his Wingsecond, on what that meant for K'leb. It was nice though to see her friends so happy. She heard Atisith's rummbling agreement and her smile widened. She rubbed her cheek against Achronos' head in restrained happiness. Well, Lady Mother was right in the begining. Everything would work out perfectly.

Edited by Mijikoi

T'lom took a few steps outside the weyrleaders' weyr and paused as he listened to the uproar the dragons were making. Everyone seemed to be celebrating. He was certain that Talea had heard by now, but he wanted to see Feyth first. He jogged to where the large brown awaited him in their weyr. Feyth nudged his rider's shoulder softly. I'm proud of you. You made the right decision. Now join your friends before I have to fly you to them myself. T'lom beamed at Feyth before he made his way back to the kitchens where everyone was waiting. Talea promptly leapt out of her seat and hugged her younger brother, but she didn't say a word. She knew her brother understood how proud she was, and she could only hope she would be able to do as well as him. T'lom then moved on to say congrats to both K'leb and Ezran before he settled down for breakfast. He hadn't realized how hungry he was.