LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

"I do not know where my room is." Rebekah said. "Or were you asking Talea?" She gently stroked Blira down her back with one finger, who half-closed her eyes. Rebekah smiled. If fire-lizards were this wonderful, how amazing could it be to Impress a full dragon? Thinking of that... "Do you know when the Hatching will be?" she inquired quietly. She didn't want to sound like that was all she cared about, but she couldn't help being curious. She again swallowed down the feeling that she couldn't possibly Impress a queen, and that was all that girls normally could do.

Edited by Pigegirl 2

"Hm? Oh, I was asking you both, but give me a second I'll figure it out." Soria kept walking looking for the drudge that would be waiting in the hall as she had asked. She stopped when Atisith reminded her of Rebekah's second question. Shaking her head, Soria walked up to the drudge she had spotted and gave him a smile as she took the bowl of food from him. She guided Talea and Rebekah into the room. "Should be soon, I suppose. Hopefull the day after tomorrow. Other wise if they hatch tomorrow I have to cut my trip short."

Rebekah nodded and followed Soria. "I am so excited about the Hatching. Although I do not think I will be able to Impress a queen. Do you think that I might be able to Impress a green, or..." she trailed off. If she couldn't Impress a dragon, she would be disappointed with herself, and surely Mistress would too. She would have to go back to the Hold if she couldn't. Blira looked up at her and sent her a picture, over and over. It was a green dragon... without a rider. Rebekah stared at her. What could that be? It had to be in the past in order for a fire-lizard to remember it, so it couldn't be a dragon from the next Hatching. She tickled the little fire-lizard. "Who is that, Blira? What dragon is that? Who was its rider?" she murmured. She got no response, except for Blira spotting the bowl of food and sending picture after picture to her, apparently hungry again. Rebekah smiled. The odd image didn't matter, at least not now. "You just ate." she said teasingly. Blira rolled over, imploringly begging for food, from what Rebekah could tell.

Edited by Pigegirl 2

"I think you can do it. You just have to believe you can. And as for little Blira, the little lady will eat quite a bit." Soria smiled and handed Rebekah the bowl. With little grace Soria plopped down next to a wall. "Just give her plenty of food and make sure she gets plenty of rest."

((I'll put what she says in color, since everyone else appears to be doing it.))

Rebekah nodded. "I will try." She looked at Blira. "And making sure she eats and sleeps enough will be an easy task." She took the bowl and placed some of the food from it in front of Blira. She pondered whether to tell Soria or Talea about Blira's picture of the lone dragon. Shaking her head slightly, she decided not to. It didn't indicate any danger or anything. She jumped. "Blira, my fingers are not food." she said, giggling, and put more food by her.

K'leb smiled and hugged his siblings before their mother called them back to the Weyrfolks area. He walked over to them and hugged his mother then shook hands and hugged his father. He blushed slightly when Hethath relayed the message from Soria and snickered with Atisith. "It is good to see you two again." he said as they smiled up at him then looked at one of the largest bronzes there were. "We are proud of you son." said his father...but his mother had other thoughts. "D you have a mate yet? or are you still swooning over that Soria girl?" she asked him. "Mother...Please use her proper title...and no mate yet, but we are going to see her family tomorrow if thread doesn't fall." he said with a blush. His parents had been begging him to bring the girl to their home and he had refused until they used her true title. "Fine...when will you bring Junior Weyrwoman Soria to our home?" K'leb smiled and started to walk off. "Soon mother." he called back while going to where the records were kept.

Jubilath looked at Feyth. He was gorgeous and well built. I have been talking to the old one, Henath a lot lately. She said that the first is their hardest...but I didn't think it would be this hard. She is so fragile no matter how much she tries to hide Feyth. She swelled her giant chest with a deep breath then let it out slowly. How did yours fare? she asked him her eyes swirling with light green curiosity. She folded her deep green wings against her body and licked her claws while awaiting his answer.

Ezran was thinking about how she would tell Heedana about what had happened and maybe get advice about it when she bumped into someone. She looked up while hiding her hands behind her back. "Oh...hi." she said as he did and blushed. She as uncomfortable in clothes that hung like these did. They weren't as easy to move in which made her feel vulnerable. Ezran nodded. "Yah it was Jerome..." she said and then looked at the blue as he popped in above her head. "Are you okay?" she asked him as she nervously brushed a fiercely curled lock of hair behind her ear. Her red hair which was usually down to her waist, had curled up to the middle of her back.

"My room is right next door. I'll see you guys later," Talea said before she headed out the door. She knew there was nothing left for her to do now that the Fire Lizard had hatched, and she was keen to finish the last few essentials that needed to be taken out of her trunk. She wondered where T'lom was, but she only sensed a feeling of warning to not got near him. She guessed Feyth was behind it, considering her own weak link to the dragon through her brother. She would find out what was wrong with him later anyway.

Feyth sighed. A Fire Lizard was nothing compared to a dragon, and the first time for a Fire Lizard was probably much easier than the first time for a dragon. Of course, now he was just being a pessimist. T'lom looked like an absolute mess the last time I saw him. He's probably better now that he's had some time to rest and think, but I doubt he'll be his usual self for a few days. He's going to sink into that quiet hidden self he usually gets when he's distressed. Feyth sighed again. The boy would have to learn. If a green rose anytime soon, he could only hope T'lom was prepared. Maybe dealing with a Fire Lizard rising was the best way to introduce him to the whole ordeal. Maybe next time the boy would be prepared.

"I....I'm fine, I guess," T'lom managed to mutter. He glared at the blue Fire Lizard that popped up above Ezran's head, but he couldn't blame the small creature; it was in his nature. Lira popped up by his feet and stared up at her companion with a smug look on her face. T'lom wanted to scream at her for not warning him, but what would that do? The deed was already done and there was no changing the past. "You look, um..." T'lom struggled for words, "...nice."

Edited by BlueApollo

Soria watched Talea leave and decided it was best to take her own leave. She did, after all need to pack. She stood and walked over to Rebekah and looked over Blira once more. Afterward she walk to the exit of the room. "I need to go get my things ready for tomorrow. You both have a good evening."

With that Syria slipped out into the hallway. Nearly running, Soria took off toward Atisith. She didn't stop until she was at the gold's side. Around the rider and the dragon, Soria's fire lizards flew about. They waited lazily for Soria and Atisith to fly but were disappointed when Soria, began to look for Hethath and K'leb.

Rebekah saw the two leave. She set some food on the floor and put Blira down by it. "You go ahead and eat." she said softly. Then she looked around the room and sat on the bed. She gazed at Blira. "I have a hatched fire-lizard, I am here, and I might Impress a dragon. Me! To think that Mistress said I never had hope of becoming a Rider..." She lay down. "I just need a moment of sleep... just a moment... Her eyelids shut and she fell asleep. Blira tilted her head and crawled on top of Rebekah's head and she, too, fell asleep.

Heedana wondered around aimlessly since Manora seemed to be handling things well enough and Lessa had told her to go do something. She was the next to youngest queen rider and without a mate...what was she to do? She didn't really enjoy knitting, and she could enver weave anything as fanciful as the tapestries that K'leb did. She kicked a rock and stroked the tails of her three firelizards. Yenay crooned gently while Tricky and Huzah chittered underneath her long hair. SHe sighed inwardly and walked out into the bowl after changing into a bathing suit (yes they do have them and they are like bikini's for girls and shorts for guys smile.gif and made out of cloth not spandex). SHe slipped down the hallways ignoring the men that smiled at her since most of them were at least 10 years older than she or 10 years younger. WHen she did reach the water, she recognized Jubilath and Feyth and waved at them before diving into the water to swim with Tilleth.

Jubilath smiled for once breaking her stone hard expressions. She was a mess too....and you're right Feyth... she will have to learn...and from what I am feeling from her now, she still has feelings for your T'lom. She smiled smugly and then laughed.

Ezran's response came all to quickly when T'lom had said that she looked nice. "i do?" she asked him then blushed a deep red that only accented her deep tan. "Sorry....it...it's....it's just..." she sighed wondering if she should tell him...Feyth knew from Henath but she didn't know if T'lom knew how odd it was for her to get a complement from a guy. She fiddled with her fingers and looked down at the ground wondering how to ask him. The only complement she had ever received was thanks for being the Oldtimer's bed mate when he became cranky. She shuddered inwardly and looked at her bandaged hands. Her mind told her to run but her heart said that she needed to stay and to tell him....

K'leb laughed when he saw Soria looking around for him. "It isn't tomorrow yet love." he said and grabbed her from behind in a warm embrace while kissing her cheek. Hethath rumbled in approval and sat beside Atisith as he watched Etanor flit around with Soria's four. "You shouldn't be running around so much...you wont be able to enjoy tomorrow if you do." he said while twirling her around to look at her face. "By the way...how is the new girl?" he said glancing at the setting sun.

((Oh, Love I finally got a pic of Soria. >.> Her eyes were a pain to change with paint and the clothes are a bit wrong but it's the general idea. Soria's picture is here.))

"I promise I'll enjoy tomorrow, heart of mine." Soria returned K'leb's kiss to the cheek with a happy giggle. She wrapped her arms around K'leb's waist in a hug. In the air, Amphitere tried to entice the other fire lizards into playing tag. Ananke simply took a place on Atisith's back and curled up for a nap. Soria turned her attention back to K'leb after the breif distraction. "Talea is well and she and I helped another candidate, Rebekah, with a fire lizard hatching. Ah, yes and we discussed a bit about the upcoming Hatching."

Edited by Mijikoi

((Well, here goes my first post here!))

Bezervn looked forlornly in the mirror. Her hair was a complete mess. Sure she had bad hair days but this went above and beyond that. It was a stiff tangled mess, caked with once wet sand and she had forgotten to wash it before going to bed, and to make matters worse, it had that unmistakable smell of a fire lizard. Bezervn put her head in her hands and muttered loudly "It's like something crawled on my head and DIED!"

She grabbed the brush and began to attack her head.

Ridley watched his master start to tare at her hair. He cocked his head and sent a image of the hot spring at her and chirp with amusement at the dismayed look that sprang on her face.

"I can't believe it!" She yelped. "I've completely forgot to wash it! No wonder it hurts when I try to brush it!" She got up and grabbed a bag of soapsand and plunged in the warm water to wash her hair.

Edited by Lichenfur

((wow she is gorgeous!))

K'leb laughed at the firelizards and then smiled as Etanor followed Amphitere around and tagged her then squwaked to only fly away in quick retreat hoping she would follow. K'leb resettled his arms around her and hugged her again. "I am proud of you my love." he said and kissed her head. "Now, we must go eat soon, so how about a quick ride together?" he asked meaning a ride on runner beasts.

((poor Bezervn...oh and Jsuk, the sun is setting therefore almost night time smile.gif ))

((Took me forever to find a pic that reminded me of Soria. Then it took hours to do the eyes. I'm getting really good with paint, but I'm really starting to hate it. T.T))

Soria nodded at K'leb. Atisith could use the time alone with Hethath as Soria could with K'leb. Even if they were never truely alone. Giving K'leb a chaste kiss, Soria slipped from K'leb's arm and mimicked Amphitere. The females both darted away from the Etanor and K'leb, one for play and the other for mischief. "It sounds like fun, Heart."

Trust me, I've noticed how Ezran looks at T'lom. The boy is just so used to being looked at that way that he automatically dismisses it now. So far as I know, he's not ready for a relationship. He doesn't seem to understand the whole thing, and I think the Fire Lizard rising has completely turned him off to such an idea. I could be wrong, though. He stared at the water, completely confused about his rider. He was head over heels for Elna, and somehow she was gone. He just didn't seem to find romance interesting anymore. Besides, he was way too focused on being a wingleader than everything else. Ezran was his wingsecond anyway. What would the other riders think if they knew he and Ezran were together? Accuse him of fraternization?

"What is it? Is something wrong?" T'lom took Ezran's hand. He knew they were both not at a hundred percent, and he didn't even know why he had taken Ezran's hand. He just wanted to know what was wrong. Ezran never acted like this before.

Talea was almost done packing when she heard yelling from nearby. The girl raced out of her room to see Bezervn rushing out with her hair in a mess. "Is something wrong?" she shouted after the girl. "Maybe I can help!"

Ezran nearly jerked her hand away from T'lom when he grabbed it. She was so unsure now...she ahd never been this way...at least not that she liked to remember. "I...T'lom....." she looked at him begging the words to come out of her mouth. "No one has said what you said to me...like that." Tears bordered her eyes as the memories of Southern came back to her. She didn't know how to tell them that unless she was in bed with a man or cleaning she was whipped like a dog. She wanted to just say it to him hoping he would understand. She held onto his hand and wondered why she did. She knew he didn't have feelings for her but right now, she was comforted by his kindness.

Jubilath grunted. I have told her that time and time again...and yet she finds something in him that is different. Probably because he treats her like a human being unlike all the other male scum. She growled as the memories of her rider flowed through her mind. She was abused Feyth, beaten like a dog...luckily the poeple that allowed that are dead and gone...but she hasn't forgotten it. She looked at the other dragon. Fraternization? It is the rider's choice...not the people's. Just ask those who sleep around with anyone... she said obviously upset that not many people stayed with one mate. They would more than likely think it was odd since he showed no interest in her and she is as tough as wherhide that has never been softened.

"Come back here you little black brat!" a very angry looking man yelled towards a young boy, running away with a loaf of bread. The boy's shaggy black hair blew in the shallow breeze as he climbed up a cliff. So close. Soon he'd be out of the man's reach and he could finally rest and eat his stolen bread. Every day he had to do this, every day. His stomach growled as he continued to ascend the cliff. Rocks dropped down as he scrambled up the rocky cliff side, dropping to the ground, occasionally hitting someone.

"Your a menace dark child! One day I'll catch you! Then you'll be sorry!" the man yelled at the boy, who was now comfortably perched on the cliff top. He just smiled to himself as he sunk his teeth into his meal, the only one he had been able to get today. He ate it quickly, almost as if he was a starved dog.

The boy looked out into the distance as he sighed. This was as good as it would ever be for him, it made him quite sad. Dragons flew in the distance, reminding him of his curse, his own personal curse.

Edited by zexion577568

Tilleth looked up as a young boy climbed the sides of the weyr and up past the edge. SHe hissed as one of the rocks that crumbled off slipped to close to her dear rider. She growled and swam over to Heedana. Get on...now. She said angrily.

Heedana looked at her dragon with wide eyes. What was wrong with her? She had no idea but slithered onto her dragon using the fragile looking wings as stability. Her massive queen, although a few feet smaller than the newer queens yet still over 65 feet tall, leaped into the air and came up to the level of the young boy. Heedana then saw what her dragon was growling at. "Oy! You might want to be careful where you walk." she said taking in the appearance of the young man.

Tilleth saw the hunger and pain that was in the boy's mind. Be gentle Heedana. He is a hurt one. She said to her golden eyed human.

I can see it Tilleth. She said and jumped off her dragon's back to the ledge. "You okay?" she asked looking down at him. She felt kinda bare and slightly chilled standing on the cliff in her swimsuit. Her voice was kind and she was sure she had seen him around the Weyr. She placed her hands on her smooth hips and smiled brightly with red lips.

The boy glanced over in alarm. "What do you want?" he asked hostility clearly in his voice. He stood up and moved his hair out of his face, so just for a second you could see his eyes. If you saw them, all you would see was pain. He looked as though he had been beat many times. His shaggy hair fell back, concealing his face yet again. He looked her over. "You must be a rider..." he snapped as he turned away. The last thing he wanted was another rider around him, he had enough of them for one lifetime.

The man was still screaming from below. "Good a rider! This boy is like a plague! You should deal with him!" the man yelled up to them, clearly hoping that they would take the dark child away. The crowd murmured in agreement,everyone would be happier if he was gone.

A mildly plump man stumbled out of a poorly crafted building, a bottle of liquor in one hand and his drunken wife hanging on his other shoulder. "What has the dark one done this time?" he slurred, clearly drunk. The man had tan skin, beady eyes and short brown hair. His wife had an amber skin tone, brown hair that was fixed up in a bun, and brown eyes. She could barely stand. The boy, who clearly these drunks knew, barely looked like them.

T'lom has manners, I'll give him that. He hated the brutish etiquette of the mines, and I think he learned from some of the better-behaved men in the weyr how to act. Sometimes I think that the men in the weyr are worse than the men in the mines, but I have yet to experience all of T'lom's memories. Feyth listened carefully to T'lom's thoughts, almost eavesdropping before he felt the boy pushing him away. He must be with Ezran, Feyth assumed.

"Well, I'm sorry if it was insulting...." T'lom was at a loss for words. He didn't think he really liked Ezran. She was just a fellow rider, right? He could feel Feyth pushing into his head, but he pushed back, not wanting his dragon to intrude on this moment. If it was an emergency, then T'lom knew that Feyth would come raging through the hall and drag him out. Besides, it didn't seem like Feyth had anything to say. He was just being a snoop. Instead, T'lom looked into Ezran's eyes. What could possibly be wrong?

((Thanks and if this post is too short, blame it on the Wii))

Bezervn had just gotten the worst of the mess out of her hair when someone started to talk to her. "I don't know," she said as she dried her face, as she only dunked her head in "How good are you with a brush?" Bezervn rapped her towel around her head "I'm Bezervn" She said and smiled. Ridley huffed apparently resenting the fact that he was left out.us Bezervn looked up and giggled "and this is my fire-lizard Ridley." Ridley nodded and slid into the water.

Edited by Lichenfur

"Of course I'm good with a brush!" Talea exclaimed. 'Well, with horse brushes, I mean, but a regular brush can't be that different." She picked up a brush and stepped near Bezervn. "I'm Talea, by the way," she said as she began to run the brush through the girl's hair. It reminded her of a horse that had gotten itself stuck in the mud one time, but she had managed that horse quite well. She was confident that she could fix the mess that Bezervn had gotten herself into, too. She nodded at the bronze Fire Lizard absent-mindedly as she started working her magic. Edited by BlueApollo

((naw it's fine Lichen smile.gif ))

Heedana wheeled around when she heard the people below. She looked at the boy who actually seemed to be around her age. "This is the dark one?" she snickered but when she saw the pain in his startling eyes, she became quite upset. Could they not see that she was a queen rider? She was next in line for leadership after Lessa and her temper became seethingly noticable. She slid down the rocks her feet roughened from playing there when she was little. "He has done nothing you drunk b*stard." she said and then looked at the man who had called the boy a plauge. "As for you...YOU will NEVER tell ME what to do again...DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" she said as Tilleth's angered roar filled the air. "you are talking to a Weyrwoman you blasted idiot!" she yelled into his face while stretching to her full 6' height. "I suggest that you go...now." she said and stood with her hands on her hips as she turned to go back up the cliff. "As for the fat one, he is no longer yours to abuse." She climbed up the cliff making sure to let a few rocks fall towards the drunken man. No one deserved to be abused. She smiled triumphantly as Yenay, tricky and Huzah, her gold and greens, flew down above the people and scared many of them away. "Plauge my bloody arse." she said and then looked to the boy. "There better be a good reason for me taking the hide of of those poeple down there..." she said expecting an explanation.

Ezran looked into his deep blue eyes and saw no malice or anger and she gently squeezed his mand. "no....it never would..." She sighed and searched her dragon's mind and found that it would be alright to tell him and just decided to say it outright. "T'lom...whenever someone told me that, it was because I had just done what a man had wanted in bed...please don't think I am some brazen wh*re...please...I would be dead if I hadn't. I was beaten if wasn't cleaning or taking care of a man's needs. I hope that you understand that it is nice to hear someone say it sincerely..." she said saying everything in a rush and not stopping to take a breath. When she was done she looked back at the ground.

Atisith looked over toward Heedana, unsure if she should inform her rider that the older woman might be upset. After a moment she decided to wait until Soria was done riding with K'leb. What do you suppose that is about, Hethath?

Edited by Mijikoi

Hethat looked to where Atisith had flown up to a cliff with Heedana. Tilleth? he asked the older dragon. K'leb heard the roar that had emanated from the dragons throat. Tilleth? came his call also.

Tilleth chuckled slightly and responded to both of them including her friend Atisith. Heedana is finally meeting some Weyrfolk. They treated her with disrespect and she decided to take some pieces out of them. Her laughter was avident even though her thoughts were cut and dry.