LoveLost

Pern: A World of Dragonriders and Dragons

Ezran breathed a sigh of relief as T'lom sat down. "Glad you didn't miss it." she said in a hoarse whisper. "Harpers are soo much fun!" she said and then turned to her brother who looked at T'lom with a defensive grin. "This is my brother E'ran. E'ran, this is T'lom." she said and watched as E'ran extended his hand in greeting. She glared at the others in their flight that watched them with giggling and running mouths.

Xitith smiled. I do like you. you seem rather itruiging...but for now...you must obey the weyrwoman. her duties are with the weyrlings and you are one. Now go. he said and pushed Delom to the Kitchens.

Heedana smiled at Sesron's peculiarities and looked at F'nor begging him to stop his brother's antics. "Well there seems to be no way around it with that look on Lessa's face and with the way F'nor is about to topple out of his seat laughing." she said. "I will get the guitar out that you helped me make...the one with the purple tinge?" she said and looked back at Sesania who seemed very uncomfortable. "Hmmm...how to ease her discomfort..." she muttered while taking a savory bite of Wherry meat.

G'lor looked back to where Heedana was and caught sight of Sesania. She was older than he by far and wanted to help her feel welcome. He took his plate and made another to take back to her. He sat beside her and brought over a table and sat her plate on it and motioned for a jug of klah. "You need to eat if you are going to sing with Heedana." he said with a smile. "You should get E'ran to get up there too...he has a great tenor..." he said trying to make conversation.

Mirrim looked to the weyrwoman with a smile. "I have no idea...but Cleo has been off on a trip today." she said and looked at the girl worriedly.

manora turned to Soria with a rueful grin. "her fever is so bad that she is hallucinating." She knew what to do, but Lessa wanted Soria to learn more and more as well.

"I was afraid of that. Alright, how may I be of help?" Soria winced a bit at the mention of Cleo being gone and how bad Rebekah's fever was. The poor girl had just left her home and on her first fay found herself sick. Moving to Manora's side, Soria reached for Ramoth. Lady Mother, I'm sorry for disturbing you, but would you tell Lady Lessa that I might not make it to dinner. I'll try to speak with her myself in the morning before I leave for Lemos Hold.

Sesron laughed and looked over at F'nor. He kind of recognized him, having seen him with Robinton on a couple occasions. "So if you play and sing, I'll play my flute, and Sesania will play her harp," Sesron said with an excited grin. He had missed his performances with heedana. They had always done so wonderfully together.

Sesron looked over at his sister and sighed. She was always in a little corner, trying to avoid attention. "Eh, I'll drag her into groups and stuff. No problem there," Sesron shrugged and took a drink of the klah.

Sesania's eyes went wide with surprise for only a second before she calmed down. She had not expected someone to approach her, let alone bring her a plate of food. "Thank you, but I don't sing." Sesania commented quietly. "That's my brother's job. I just play the harp." Of course she could sing...but she didn't like too. She didn't like to get any extra attention if she could help it.

"What is weyr life like?" Sesania asked with a gentle smile. She took a small bite of the food as she thought about the looming performance.

Sesron grinned as he looked back at his sister. "Looks like we won't have to worry too much about her," He nudged Heedana. "That G'lor seems to have grabbed her attention."

Sesania looked around again, her eyes pausing on E'ran. E'ran was the rider of blood Gleanixth if she remembered right. She watched him for a little longer then she would normally watch a person. "Perhaps...we could get him to sing too..." She turned her attention to her food.

Sesron noticed his sisters gaze and his grin turned mischievous. "What can you tell me about the Blood dragon rider, E'ran?" He asked Heedana.

(( :: hums idly to self as she starts thinking up ways to make Sesania miserable.:: ))

((Just so every one knows, the 'Igen' I described is based on southern Utah, mainly Arches and Zion national park.))

Bezervn fingered one of the short thin braids that Talea had done and smiled "It is," She looked full at her "Close your eyes, and imagine a glorious red sunset. Deep red where the sun is setting, gently getting dimmer until the edges are a brilliant pink. Now put the red on a rock, or a great arch. On the sandy ground put that pink." Her voice went trance like "Let the wind play with the sand, let it ripple like water, perhaps a short pointy bush is in the arch, or on a rock, and a lizard is sitting beside it...." She stopped and seemed to stare at the place she had painted in her mind, her hair that was not braided drifted in her face and she blew at it idly.

Edited by Lichenfur

"Alrigth! Alright! I'm going!" Delom exlaimed as he made his way to the Kitchens. He had only heard a few of the words the dragon had said, but the pushing definitely got the point across. He got to the Kitchens and took a seat with the other Candidates.

T'lom took E'ran's hand and greeted him with a smile. "It's nice to meet you," he said politely. "These new Harpers should be interesting, and I believe they are Candidates for the coming Hatching, too." Small talk wasn't the easiest thing for T'lom, but he was at least trying for Ezran's sake.

Talea finished braiding Bezervn's hair and closed her eyes. She could just barely imagine it, but from what she could see she felt an admiration for. It must have been beautiful, absolutely magical. "It must have been wonderful," the girl said, "but I believe it is time for us to go to the Kitchens for an evening meal. Let's go." She began to lead the way to the Kitchens.

K'leb started to look blank as he listened to Atisith. Sorry for recieving the message late. Of course I will...I'll drop in after we are all clean. He said with a smile as he took another few bites of food. He looked to Heedana and laughed as she seemed to grow uncomfortable with the insuing performance. He then glanced at Sesania and saw her looking at E'ran. a mischevious smile spread across his face.

Heedana shook her head. "Nooo way Sesron...YOU are going to sing too at one point or another." she said adamantly. She liked doing harmonies with him because they were usually able to wind through the song switiching with each other. Like she would do high harmonie while he did melody, then she would do melody and he would do harmony.

G'lor grinned. "I thought every Harper sang?" he asked but then shrugged and took another bite of his food. "you know, I haven't heard a harp being played in a long time. Heedana used to bring hers out every now and then...but uh...she wasn't that good. Her speciality was and probably still is guitar. As for weyr life...I have never known anything besides it. My father is a blue rider and my mother is a Weyrfolk. I have no idea how it is outside a Weyr to be honest. I guess it can be described as exciting. Especially with Thread due to fall in two days. Some of us are going to be sent to help out Fort and Igen and possibly Crom...not sure really. But no one deals with High Reaches right now except for it's own weyr. But all in all, I like it." He said and then stopped with a blush. He had talked a lot again. "Sorry...i tend to ramble..." he said with a nervous laugh then stuffed his face full of tubers to try and get himself to quiet down.

Ramoth crooned in her weyr. Child have you eaten? She asked her voice full of worry. Manora is a wise woman and Mirrim is wonderful with ill people. I am sure that you can take the time to eat and then check in on her.

At about the same time, Manora asked "have you eaten Weyrwoman?" she said not wanting the girl to get tired and be miserable tomorrow. "I heard about your trip with that young bronze rider K'leb...he's a lucky catch you know and a lively young man. He will more than likely want to walk all around the hold or something and you wont want to be tired!" she said and shooed the girl out of the room. "I can take care of her and you can take care of her on hatching day...how does that sound?"

Heedana laughed when she saw G'lor. "he's a good boy. He may be young but kind like his brother and talented in art things. All the tapestries around here? the newer ones? K'leb did them and then the paintings are G'lor's...wonderful people. " She had taken another bite when Sesron asked her a question aout E'ran. She swallowed quickly causing her to get hiccups. She sighed. "E'ran *hiccup* was born with the name Etaran in Southern Hold. *hiccup* He is the sibling to T'lom's Wingsecond *hiccup* Ezran. He is a rather quiet fellow and always seems to be *hiccup* angry, but I have had *hiccup* Tilleth talk to Gleanixth and he says that his rider is just *hiccup* very remorsefull...remorse filled....regretful! *hiccup* She aslo said that he blames himself for any wrong that was *hiccup* done to his sister. *hiccup* He's great with kids though and they adore him. *hiccup* He is much like his dragon in that they are bother fatherly figures and good at taking care of people. *hiccup* bloody hiccups...." she hiccuped once more and then sighed as they seemed to end. "So...overall, he's great for Sesania." she said with an evil gleam. She looked at K'leb and recieved a nod from him. "And I think that K'leb does as well." she laughed and ate a little more before drinking a cup of klah.

He smiled kindly at T'lom and shook his hand. "I think that they are as well. Heedana also seems to know them though from where....It couldn't be that hard to figure." he said with a grin. E'ran looked around his deep green eyes taking in everything as he absentmindedly ate his food. His dakr brown hair slipped into his eyes and he grumbled about it being far to long. He would ahve to get a haircut at sometime that didn't shorten it to much. With a glance he looked at his sister and noticed a scar across her eye which made his heart ache further. They had fought the night she left and they had actually started to fight with their knives. He caught her across the face and she caught him across his leg. He rubbed where the scar was as the night replayed in his mind. E'ran, do not be so worried...she ahs forgiven you and loves you as I do...although I hardly doubt more. So hurry up and stop moping. But I hurt her Gleanixth...I told her I hated her and I can't believe I did. he said and took another mindless bite of food.

Ezran ate at her food while sitting between the two most important men in her life at the time. she was happy that E'ran was there and glad that her guardian was there the one that seemed to care about her the most. She looked at him out of the corner of her eye and smiled brightly at him. With a sip of klah she noticed that K'leb and Heedana were up to something dealing with her brother with the way that they looked at them. She looked at K'leb who nodded back to Sesania and made a motion with his hands at Sesania and E'ran. Ezran grinned and whispered to T'lom what was going on

Edited by LoveLost

"Very well, Manora. I'll go and eat. I'll have more some food and linens sent to you." Soria gave Manora a hug and a wave to Mirrim, before following both Ramoth's and Manora's advices and taking off to eat. Her fire lizards sailed the air behind her as she ran toward the kitchens. I'm going to eat now, Lady Mother. I'll check in on her before I turn in and again before I leave.

When she was close enough, like before in the barracks, Soria slowed to a fast walk. As she entered the dining area, Soria took in the commotion before spotting, Kleb. She waited a distance off, wondering if she should sit next to him or look else where to sit. While she debated, Atisith spoke fondly to K'leb. It's alright, K'leb, and I thank you.

Sesron laughed and nodded. "Oh of course I'll sing! But when I'm not I'm playing my flute." He winked at Heedana teasingly. "Could you ever get me to not sing? Why just today I broke out in song, praising our wonderful, beautiful, intelligent, courageous weyrwoman Lessa. And my only audience was my sister, our runners, and Plummet." His grin was huge and playful.

Back at the Harper Hall, he was well known for singing both during appropriate times and inappropriate times. His reasoning was that his voice just couldn't be contained. Sesania had always said it was because he liked the sound of his own voice.

"Maybe we can get Sesania to sing as well?" Sesron teased. Getting his sister to sing was always difficult. She preferred to just play her harp. It wasn't like she didn't have a nice voice, she did, but it wasn't as good as Heedana's. Sesania's talent lay in teaching the youngsters.

A light blush covered Sesania's cheeks. "Well...I can sing, I just prefer not to." Sesania took a bite of her food. "Sesron is a much better, his voice is much richer and more vibrant then mine is."

Sesania giggled softly at the memories of Heedana learning the harp. "I remember tutoring her several times when we were learning together. You're right, she's much better with the guitar." Sesania's smile broadened a little as she smiled at G'lor. She listened to his rambling, very used to just sitting and listening.

"I don't mind. I like to listen." She prefered to listen. Sesania could learn a lot by just listening. And people always seem to find comfort by talking to her.

Sesron watched his sister and then looked at G'lor and then E'ran. "She seems to get along fine with G'lor too." His mind was in overdrive with mischievous thoughts. "Perhaps we should find a way for her to work with both of them? I would like to see her come out of that shell more," Sesron nodded seriously, trying to do his best to imitate Robinton. "Maybe with more friends, she'll talk and interact more."

Sesron heard a comment about the new harpers being candidates. It caused him to laugh. "I doubt Sesania and I will impress any dragon," He grinned. "I think I'll be fine sitting up in the stands, watching those younger then me stress and fret on the warm sands." He laughed happily and grinned. Sesron thought for a moment. "Then again...it would be interesting to be on the sands to see the impression up close." He smirked. Heck he could probably write a few songs by getting some first hand experience. "Meh, we'll see what happens." With that he took a rather large bite of food.

(( as far as I know, we're having dinner in the Food Hall at the weyr. And then the harpers are going to perform with Heedana! happy.gif ))

((Not much has happened since your last post. Heedana, Sesron, and Sesania are about to perform while Sesania is talking to E'ran. Rebekah is sick and being tended by Manora and Mirrim. K'leb eating and talking to the others. Ezran is eating and enjoying the company. Soria just got to the dining hall. Talea is with Bezervn heading to the hall and T'lom is talking to E'ran and Sesania. Delom was in the kitchens and Shane was remembering something. That's the barebones summary of the current moment anyway.>.> Did I leave anyone out?))

((xd.png I just wanted to be thorough. *toes the ground* I like to help.))

(( ok, just to be clear, blood dragons are male right? Cause on the color reference they're written as female. That confused me for a moment when I went through and read all the descriptions and stuff. ))

((*nods* I think Love wanted to prevent having too many famale only dragons and making the one that seemed closest to being males was the best shot.))

((lol! I love you Mijikoi! Sorry bout not changing my status thingy guys smile.gif ))

K'leb smiled at the touch of Atisith's mind and could feel Hethath's affection for the female. Is she coming to... He then caught sight of Soria and smiled as he waved a little from his plate. He pointed to her spot next to Heedana. Nevermind...I see her dear one. He said to Atisith.

G'lor smiled at Sesania. "Aww cummon, I am sure that Heedana and Sesron love your voice. Now...once your done with your meal...you have to play a new song for us. What do you enjoy doing more, being alone, or being with someone even though they may or may not speak?" he said glancing at E'ran and then back to her.

Heedana grinned and regretted taking the last bite of her meal. She was always intruiged with how Sesron went on so many tangents with the same main idea. "i think you two could definitely impress. Sesania sounds like she would be a great Gray rider. I hear that they are gentle souls from E'ran...now you...possibly a Black or a Champagne..."

((sorry bout no colors...time constriction to post!!!))

Sesania coughed on a bite of her food for moment. "Sesron loves the sound of his voice more then anything, sometimes it's hard to just get him to shut up for two seconds." She took a big swallow of her klah to clear her throat. "I suppose I know a few songs I could play." She glanced down at her harp, thinking of a song she had been working on recently. It wasn't done...and she was unsure if she really wanted to play it for others.

Sesania put down her fork and thought about G'lor's question. "Well...much to the relief of my brother, I do enjoy being around people. I just..." She bit her lip to think of the right words. "I'm just not very good at talking to people. I prefer to listen and observe everything around me." she smiled serenely. For her, it was a pleasure to just be able to help people when all they needed was an ear to talk into.

Sesron laughed and shook his head. "Nah, all the dragons will probably walk right past me," He looked over at Sesania. "I don't really need to be a dragon rider. I'm happy as a harper...but Sesania..." Sesron sighed before cheering up. "She needs the extra support and attention. Anything to free her from herself!"

Sesania looked at what food was left on her plate. There wasn't much left, but she couldn't bring herself to eat much more. The food was great, but she wasn't used to eating so much. Plummet chirped and landed next to her plate with a soft thud. She smiled and nodded.

With that nod Plummet dived at her left overs and happily finished off what was left. No use wasting anything.

Sesron grinned as he spotted the antics of his sisters blue firelizard. "Well it looks like Sesania is done," He pushed his empty plate away. "I'm as full as a stuffed wherrie." He turned to Heedana. "How about we get this performance going? One of our old favorites?"

((Ugg, due to my lack of imagination, I can't think of much to do with Bezervn, so... Yeah.... ))

((She, and she is walking with one of Blue's people. All I can come up with is one stinken sentice!))

((Maybe you could have her ask about what Talea has seen so far at the weyr? *shrugs* Or have her see a random fire lizard?))

((uhm....hey maybe mijikoi can have her charrie meet with urs smile.gif maybe Cadyn smile.gif ))

Heedana sighed and gulped down her klah. She thought of getting more and eating some of it then letting her firelizards dive after the rest of it. "Alright then." she said and grabbed her guitar from underneath the table where she had it rest on a shelf. "Which one?" she asked knowing that they had several favorites. She looked to Sesania and waved the girl over. What about something that Sesania wrote? Tilleth asked Heedana. "What about something Sesania wrote?" she asked Sesron.

G'lor watched Heedana and looked back at Sesania. "Being a good listener is a good thing Sesania, but if you don't have someone besides your brother to talk to...you'll end up thinking yourself into oblivion...just ask gleanixth. He watched E'ran do that every day." he said as a gentle warning. "Now, before Heedana shouts for you, you might want to go and get ready." he said with a gentle smile and patted the girl's shoulder.

Lessa finally heard what Sesron had said about her and blushed. "Thank you harper Sesron." she said with a smile and grinned before finishing her meal. people were about to get up and she stood to look at everyone sternly. "What did your Weyrleader say?" she said which caused everyone to sit quickly.