Dr. Paine

Great descriptions.

This is my only description so far, but I plan to make more. This is for Maralinga, my Thunder:

Maralinga's name roughly translates as 'where the thunder is'. This is highly fitting, as she is the producer of one of the three non-perpetual elements - electricity. She flies to an area that is shrouded in a heavy cloud, and begins her work, creating storms. Her storms are quite impressive, with plenty of thunder and lightning. But they are also highly powerful, capable of destroying objects and harming dragons, a fact which Maralinga learned the hard way, where she held her electricity too long until it literally exploded off her. She still bears massive scars from the incident. Maralinga is very secretive, sometimes hiding away for months at a time. Most dragons have never seen her, or do not even know she is around, but some say that during a storm they thought they saw the shadow of a giant dragon in the sky.

I've had it approved twice after I made some minor edits, mostly because I thought the dragon was a male before finding it was a female XP

What do you think of my first and currently only description? I think...it's ok :3

Edited by rampaging wyvern

I REFUSE TO THINK THIS THREAD IS DEAD! Or is it?

Anyway, here are some good descriptions I found out when reviewing today!

Though definitely not the most intelligent among his fellows, Zeno is an accepted member of the cave, even if he is not a dragon. He tends to spend most of his time chewing leaves, sleeping, or sitting in the cave curiously contemplating why in the world he is wearing a pair of bright red boots. For what it is worth, Zeno considers himself life-mated to Zosa, even if they may not have offspring. Zeno was the forty-sixth dragon - critter - to be listed on Vinr's scroll.

And this one is hilarious:

Messmer, as she is usually referred to, is indeed a mess maker. She is overly-hyperactive, never stops moving or talking, and becomes three times as bad whenever she finds cookies. After she practically destroyed the entire Republicator Territories with only the power of a single cookie, she has been banned from them by the Jeedi.

Secretly, the Separators sneak her cookies whenever they can, making sure that once she has them she goes right to the Republicators' main base. This has created a sort of love-hate relationship with them for Messmer, as she is a loyal Republicator. Still, she just can't resist those cookies...

I found this while reviewing today:

While dragons and delicate work don't often go hand-in-hand, this dragon has proven time and time again that he's capable of crafting beautiful timepieces. Using the narrow points of his claws to maximum effect, he's capable of shaping metal and twisting together clockwork with all the skill of the best human craftsmen--and many say that his skill in repairing broken clocks even surpasses that of his human coworkers, leading to his name. The impressive sums of coins he makes off his work are reinvested into making more clocks--many of which he keeps for himself. For in his eyes, a fine clock is worth much more than a fine ruby.

I just love the way its written.

This human is wearing a very convincing costume, using magic and some impressive sewing skills, but it hasn't bothered to mask its scent. It appears to be spying on dragons and taking notes about their behavior. Most of the dragons recognize it for what it is but some have been having fun with it; testing its intelligence by feigning a casual nature as they do unbelievably ridiculous things. Whenever the human is asked for a name or where it came from, it hastily cries out, "Ignore me!"

The dragons that are in on the joke have been protecting it from the ones who are less amused by this intrusion. The human was also just smart enough to hire some body guards, before it arrived, but these dragons have the human scent on them as well, making them equally suspicious. It remains to be seen whether the human will make it back to its civilization in one piece, but the dragons who have learned how to read are each hoping to add another rare, handwritten book to their treasure trove.

I'm dying. xd.png

I've got a couple more!

Soon Magi always dreamed of growing up, she was picked on by the other dragons because she was small and too weak, she held her rage inside for the day she would grow into an adult the whole time.

"Soon" she said when others asked her what she was going to do about the abuse she got, and now that she has; her massive rage will be unleashed upon all of those who ever crossed her and her kind! She will splash in their blood.

This one was very good, especially the last sentence!

Some say Makali'i had been born in the Hawaiian night sky as a mirrored image of a particular constellation that rested in the Milky Way galaxy. To the Hawaiians in the days of old, this constellation was named Kawa-o-Makali'i; the precipice of Makali'i. Many folks often see the Nebula gliding on the air even during still winds, marveling at his beautiful markings of the exalted constellation. It was a common rumor that Makali'i visited certain deified rulers on the night that the constellation shone brightest on a moonless night. Upon his visits, he would bestow upon them his knowledge of the past deified rulers- their mistakes, their successes, and the voice of their people. The rulers he visits are often in trouble, then make whole the ruler and their community once more afterwards. To this day, many leaders pray and exercise rituals to call upon Makali'i for help, and Makali'i never fails to answer their calls on the same moonless night when Kawa-o-Makali'i shines brightest.

This one was beautifully written. I loved it biggrin.gif

Like other Ochredrakes, Barkagaa loves to sing. Unfortunately, instead of having a pleasant chirping voice like others of her kind, her "singing" consists of hoarse barking and rasping sounds. She is totally oblivious to the fact that her singing is terrible, and sings very loudly, and very often. The other dragons in the clan go to great lengths to avoid having to listen to her, some Magi even going as far as researching spells that will render her mute, although they have yet to find one that works.

Barkagaa has never been able to attract a mate, due to the fact that not even other drakes like her singing.

Don't worry, Barkagaa! Try singing lessons! xd.png

Volt is a Pillow DragonNebula cross.  As such he is a tiny bit more active than most Pillow dragons.  This increased activity combined with his nebula heritage makes him prone to painful outbursts of static electricity which frizzes his fur.

That explains why Pillows are so lazy!

This dragon is, to put it politely, nutty about nuts. While she'll stuff her face with anything she can find, nuts of any variety are her absolute favorite, and she'll go to great lengths to get them--including by smashing her way into people's homes. This has earned her a rather bad reputation, and more than one poor villager has cried "oh nuts!" when they see her appear on the horizon--a fatal mistake, as she then assumes that they have nuts with them, and promptly barrels through their house's walls to get to them.

Haha xd.png

"When the weight of the world became too heavy, Atlas shrugged." Atlas heard these words while still an ungendered hatchling and thought they sounded cool. "I could do that," he thought to himself. Now Atlas spends his days shrugging whenever anyone looks at him and not explaining why.

LOL, Lagie!

(given to an unnamed dragon with the code onAiR)

This White Dragon has always wondered why her owner never gave her a name. She's inquired about it many times, but the question has always been answered in a simple comment. "You do have a name dearie! It's onAiR!" This is what her owner always says. She's gone to the other dragons about it, but they all have names written next to their pictures on the scroll, so they don't seem to understand why she doesn't have one. All the other dragons have names execpt a select few in this odd little cave, and they've all gotten the same answer from Dawn; the same "It's your code!" One day she finally stood up to her owner and asked for a name. All she got was some random gibberish about codes and how amazing her code was. She finally decided her name was On Air, whether or not it's written on the scroll, as that's what Dawn always calls her. On Air has recently written her owner Dawn off as a nutcase, constantly talking about codes and in code.

This made me xd.png so hard! I love the idea of poor codenamed dragons wondering about why they don't have an official name...

Cioccolatissimo is an undercover, top-secret, very deadly chocolate assassin. He will locate a target. He will judge the distance between himself and the target. He will select the tools necessary to take the victim down as quickly and quietly as possible. He will grasp said fork or spoon and sit very still, ready to pounce. It's all over in a heart-seeker heartbeat. No chocolaty trace of the unfortunately scrumptious dessert remains after his deadly attack.

Perfect. <3

I'm a Mac and I'm a PC are both friendly and easygoing, but they have very different personalities otherwise. I'm a Mac tries to be more "hip" than the other head. She grooms herself a lot to stay sleek and shiny. Those are less important to I'm a PC, who's a little smarter than her counterpart but just wants to befriend everybody she meets. The dragon would be susceptible to illness if it weren't for I'm a Mac's pickiness about food and places to hang out. Other dragons usually like one head over the other, and I'm a PC tends to be more popular.

LOL

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

This dragon will answer to the nickname 'Chicken', which causes a great deal of confusion amongst other dragon-raisers.

She has learned that making Quill-Shadow feel guilty about implying that she wanted a chicken instead of a pygmy will get her some very nice treats. It is possible that she has been overusing this trick.

With scales of a violet hue

A dracon poet hides from view,

In land where men and dracons war

She writes of peaceful days of yore

Where both kinds lived together, free

Though not as old as them is she.

On days so dark or dreary nights

Veeolas writes of modern frights

Where men and dracons live and fear

The other means their end is near.

Some rare times this dracon writes

Of future troubles, broken plights

Where she fears the world will end

If the kinds' bond still can not mend

Though it may be truth or not

None have given it a thought

Her poetry is not read wide

Not even by the passing tide.

Though few, Veeolas does have friends,

Who search the world from end to end

Though not for hidden treasure, no

But these two seek history's advent.

They record every thing they find

And then fly home to store inside

The history that they have found

Beside Veeolas, safe and sound.

And this is why I enjoy reviewing. Because people do descriptions like these.

I haven't found any amazing descriptions myself, but oh man, reading through some of the ones in this thread was a riot. X'D Love the Atlas Shrugged, Eating Chickens for Science, and Why is the Rum Gone ones.

Adp this is beautiful. ;~;

This female was once very fond of roses. She maintained massive fields of them, lovingly watching over every blossom, cultivating new hybrids, savoring their scent and beauty as surely as most other dragons savor gold and silver. But one day, she found her work most horrifically mutilated; a human child had wandered into the rose garden and had taken it upon himself to pluck up massive swathes of the flowers to present to his mother. Enraged by the intrusion, the dragon dealt him a blow that would have done little but bruised a dragon hatchling--but which was fatal to the young human. Horrified by what she had done, the dragon promptly set her fields aflame, vowing to never so much as look at a rose again. She now wanders the land, a haunted being, looking desperately for a mage that can resurrect the dead and undo the most horrible sin she has committed.

Right in the feels, raindear. ;~;

In his mind, Vaddig is not so small that most of the other dragons of the Rainbow Cavern could step on him and never notice. In his mind, his own personal corner of the cave isn't one of the most remote, dampest, mustiest, smallest corners of the cavern. In his mind, his treasure isn't made up of the broken rusty bits he is able to steal from the edges of the other dragons' treasures. In his mind, he is large and handsome, the other dragons admire him, his home is lovely and roomy, his treasure is full of gold and wonderful gems. Vaddig lives happily in his mind.

*gigglesnort*

Idion hates princesses. For some reason that he can't understand, he is often approached by Kings with unruly daughters who try and convince him to take the girls away. Idion has no idea what a princess would do in his Cave. They can't clean his scales, hunt, or organize his treasure. And their voices tend to be high-pitched and annoying.
Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Ooooohhh! One of my descriptions has been posted here! I feel like I have made it! YAY! Thanks.

This one hasn't been approved yet, but I found it while reviewing and.. oh my.

This hatchling is a revolutionary. Born in the Russian Cave, he joined the Bolschewiki, a group of Red Dragons under the leadership of Lenin. During the October Evolution, a fateful event where dragons of all colors turned red and revolted against the Czar, Trotski was one of the leaders of the revolution. Later, Trotski was appointed Military Commissar and was in command of the Red Dragon Army. He was regarded as one of the potential successors of Lenin, but was outmaneuvered by a Red Dragon called Stalin, Secretary General of the Caveionist Party. Trotski was expelled from the Central Committee and had to live in his Mexican exile.

In a series of show trials, Trotski was convicted of being the mastermind behind counterrevolutionary ploys. Many dragons believed that the accusations were true, even more so because Trotski is a White hatchling - white being the color associated with counterrevolutionary forces during the Civil War.

I couldn't really approve because it mentioned Russia and Mexico, but with the way this is worded and weaved around and..

I really like this one. I want to see it accepted in some form or fashion, despite having to change at least the mentions of Russia and Mexico.

There was a really, really awesome description for a Neglected lately, that was kind of a poem but also kind of wasn't, and it described how a Neglected found out the truth about how he'd been created. Does anyone remember the name? I didn't mark it down. ;____; </3

Gastornis cannot fly but wishes he could. He is vaguely aware of this thing called "grabbity", which conspires to keep him on the ground by grabbing him every time he jumps. The only thing that happens when he leaps off a tree or cliff is acquisition of bruises. Somehow, dragons like silvers have defied grabbity, probably because their snakelike bodies can wiggle and slip out of grabbity's grip.

by Dirtytabs - pretty much made my night biggrin.gif

As a hatchling, Jenny Green learned of a few dragons with names like "Ruby Red", "Kelly Green", and "Sandy Brown". She was intrigued with the use of common human surnames that happen to be colors, along with a first name, so she decided to give herself a color name, too. She is so happy to be called Jenny Green that other dragons don't want to inform her that she missed the point of that sort of name.
Ha! This one's precious. ;)

And someone said I had beautiful writing ASDFJKL; THANK YOU??? HOW WHAT I WANT TO THANK THE Academy...

When you look up at the moon tonight,

Won't you tell me what you see

Is the moon bright white in colour,

Or blood red as can be

If you see the moon turn red,

Then do not be afraid.

For it is not a monster, but

A dragon with eyes of jade.

This dragon is an artist

And he simply loves to paint.

So if you see the moon turn red,

Then, dearest, do not faint.

For the dragon artist thought one night

The moon to seem quite pale.

And so, sometimes, he paints it red

With his dainty little tail.

- By Aurora0806, on this dragon: http://dragcave.net/view/Aoj10

EDIT: Could the owner of the female Shadow Walker with the amazingly spooky Jeff The Killer/Slenderman description please PM me? I'm so annoyed I didn't copypasta it into Word like I did with the above poem, so that I could keep it... I left the comment: "I do believe I see what you did there! If this isn't a Jeff The Killer/Slenderman reference I will eat my hat. ~ Draco"

Edited by dracopenguin

I got my own mini war rising up on my scroll and some dragons are taking sides, others are nuteral

This is so awesome! rinsie (ldwoodcock) wrote this as a parody. It's basically her as a dragon, and my fave bit is the middle paragraph. wink.gif

This dragon knows about dragon languages, grammar, commas, the history of commas, Horse dragons, and ancient dragon societies.  Amirault is funny, friendly, and kind to anyone who doesn't give her a reason not to be, but she is also a little reserved. She is good friends with the Horse dragons in the cave, and her idea of fun is spending a long summer day with the Horse dragons, getting dirty and sun-baked, then coming home to read a few scrolls in her cool cave after jumping in the river to wash the dust off her scales.

This dragon can often be found in the passive voice, spending time with Derk or Himar. All three are part of the Revision organization, and they like to joke and laugh about things that have nothing to do with revisions.

This dragon is also good at parody. She only does it in good fun, though, never intending insult. She likes almost everyone.

This creature is a hardened criminal, a most sinister convict, a wanted villain in at least fourteen countries. More than one long-suffering warlock has summoned up a Zombie after years of work only to have the bloody dragon come crashing through their windows and obliterating their creation with a high-pitched war cry, and more than one town of gentle, reformed, and nicely-perfumed Zombies has met horrific ends at his expunging-happy paws. Fierce efforts are underway to apprehend him, but the fiend remains elusive, and may be planning the massacres of more innocent Zombies even now.

Thank you ADP for Felonies.

Kaese is unusual by appearance alone, but he has other interesting traits, too. Fairly gouda at self-defense, he curd wrestle most dragons and win, though he'd be creamed if any fights involve magic use. Despite being enchanted cheese, he knows jack about spell-casting.  Kaese is fondue of de-brie, and because whatever he puts in his mouth disappears as if by magic, he's a grate garbage receptacle to Herve around. Offer anything to him; he'll edam all. A human once even feta cheshire of drawers to him. Some think Kaese is an uncultured munster, while others say they're being whey too judgmental. He sometimes feels a little bleu when he thinks he's been eating too much and wonders about ways to cheddar a few pounds.

Dirtytabs, you SLAY me. I am ded over here. smile.gif Ded, I tell you!

Dirtytabs, you SLAY me. I am ded over here. smile.gif Ded, I tell you!

I... I would like to thank the Academy...

This is so awesome! rinsie (ldwoodcock) wrote this as a parody. It's basically her as a dragon, and my fave bit is the middle paragraph.  wink.gif

Ooh, out of curiosity, I searched those names on the site. Derk is a tangar, and Himar is a gold. cool.gif

I... I would like to thank the Academy...

Ooh, out of curiosity, I searched those names on the site. Derk is a tangar, and Himar is a gold. cool.gif

Actually I think she was talking about this Derk and this Himar - or rather Dimar and me biggrin.gif

Derk is Dimar's only description so far - we pressured her into it wink.gif

Edited by herk