Dr. Paine

Great descriptions.

Actually I think she was talking about this Derk and this Himar - or rather Dimar and me biggrin.gif

Derk is Dimar's only description so far - we pressured her into it wink.gif

Speaking of great descriptions...

Himar was born during the time of the great Thing, when all the caretakers came together to exchange their stories. While the little hatchling ran around the feet of all the humans, she spotted a wonderful, beautiful, perfect fellow hatchling. She immediately fell in love with the handsome male, and he reciprocated her feelings as well. For the remainder of the Thing, Himar and Derk were inseparable and spent all their time whispering sweet nothings in each other's minds. In fact they had already started to plan out the names for their own hatchlings once they would be old enough to mate, but then the unthinkable happened: at the end of the Thing, Himar went home with her owner Herk to live amongst the dragons of her clan, while Derk went with the human Dimar to her lands.

To this day Himar hopes that she will see Derk again someday and maybe, just maybe, they can have the life together they dreamed of so vividly.

Derk was born during the time of the great Thing, when all the caretakers came together to exchange their stories. At first, Derk was nervous to be among so many unfamiliar faces. But one hatchling in particular made him feel welcome: Himar, a female Crimson. She came from a distant land and spoke with an odd accent, but the two quickly became friends.

That friendship soon turned into love. Derk spent many hours with Himar, and was never happier than when he was at her side. They whispered in each other's minds about the future, with a family of their own and many grand adventures. However, their blissful romance was shattered when the Thing ended.

Himar's owner, Herk, took her back to their lands while Derk and his owner, Dimar, returned to theirs. Now, feeling heartbroken, Derk can be found staring at the horizon and dwelling on the memories of his star-crossed love.

What's that, you say? I can't post one of my own descriptions as a great one? Oops. wink.gif

Edited by Dimar

manoroc is a strange dragon, as he completely loathes seeing capital letters. he brings it upon himself to always erase a capital letter and replace it with what he deems to look 'neater' and 'better' even when it mangles his own name. many dragons question manoroc's odd quirk, and even his owner is annoyed to find that when she's writing down information on her dragons, some of their names have mysteriously converted into pure lowercase. interestingly, manoroc has always been a quiet, shy dragon who would never raise his voice above a loud whisper, and he cringes every time he hears someone or somedragon yell or roar.

I don't care if there's a rule against descriptions that break the fourth wall a little bit; I hope this is accepted. laugh.gif

This dragon lives in a unique lair in the desert. He used his ultra-hot breath to transform the sand walls into smooth glass. With care, he extended the walls to twice his height, four times his length long and three times his length wide, then fitted a glass ceiling section by section atop them.

Within his home, this dragon receives intensified heat of the desert sun, often baking himself at temperatures that would overcome mammals in moments. He also is able to see in all directions, in case anything approaches. 

He never throws stones.

It's not perfect, but I really like this for some reason. *shrugs*

EDIT: Dimar can't place commas.

Edited by Dimar

Martin Lullther has a dream. He has a dream that one day her grandchildren will be judged not by the length of their naps, but by the content of their dreams.

by Faetan

"I Can't Do Math obviously can't do math. Now, this wouldn't be a problem considering he is a tiny hatchling and even most adult dragons do not know what 'math' is, but it appears to be an issue, as the last part of his name is 'Help'. Yes, indeed, he apparently needs help with math, despite the fact that he has no need to know math in the first place. But maybe he does. For he claims that he has discovered a special code, a code uniquely his that seemed destined for him, and that this code could unlock his destiny. The only problem is that this code is a math problem, and a difficult one, indeed. Now, he has tried many, many times to solve this problem, but the answer always eludes him! And so he can only try again and again, failing every time. Despite the fact that he obviously looks like he is permanently screaming in frustration, nobody can do anything but hope that this is only a phase and that its days are 'numbered'."

So cute, haha! The code was something like "20X85" and I couldn't help but giggle. smile.gif

Came across this a little while ago while checking some descriptions. I found it both inventive and interesting.

(White Stripe)

Imma White A Story is always determined to write stories. She comes up with the most excellent ideas and the most interesting characters, all set in the most exquisite worlds, and yet nobody knows what she has written. Instead, she merely stores gigantic volumes of "books" in her large cave, which she does not allow anyone to see. Even so, pygmy dragons have broken in while she sleeps, only to find out that the books are completely empty! For the real reason that Imma White A Story does not allow anyone to see her books is that she has produced nothing visible - literally. The only ink she can make is by using a spell that only accepts her own scales, and on the pale parchment, the white ink is completely invisible. With only white ink on white paper, it truly seems that she will never "White" a story - and so, she toils all day, a prisoner of her scales, fated to never be able to show others her literary talent.

Ice Cream Is a Feeling is "marketing" - as she calls it - a cold, sweet dessert called ice cream. The frozen treat is one of many types that rich people around the world indulge in, so hers will take some cleverness to stand out. Because of that, her idea is to have some actors in a short theatre production show how delicious it is, and it is genuinely delicious. The actors are covered in white paste and scoop and eat the paste while staring unblinkingly with wide eyes at the audience. A male narrator describes their glistening skin and clean pores and the ice cream that keeps them young and springy. People do like the ice cream but are unnerved by the short play.

I spent an inordinate amount of time laughing at this.

Thread revival!

Sadly, he is dead.

He was once a very happy dragon, ramming into trees, smelling other dragons, licking rocks. It's normal

for him.

But then one sad day, he licked a rock.

It wasn't a rock, it was a dragon.

"GREAT! I'M DEAD NOW!" Were his last words before being killed.

Licking rocks. Pffft.

This is my favorite of all my dragon descriptions.

Tonitrua is known for his incredible ability to harmonize with thunder and lightning, earning him the name of "Stormsinger" which was later added to his actual name, thus, creating Tonitrua Stormsinger. He was a kind and noble dragon, always helping, always caring, unless attacked. Then he would transform into a raging monster. All feared him, and yet all loved him. Then one day, the mother of a son that he had saved from starving gave him the Eye of Onyx, one of the most powerful jewels on the planet. It corrupted him. He had been trained under the strict rule of the highest fighting dragon, making him one of the most dangerous dragons in the land. All that bored him, all that cursed him, were utterly destroyed by the power of the Eye of Onyx. Then one unremarkable day, he dropped the eye on the ground, smashing it to pieces. Suddenly, like having a veil lifted off his eyes, he could see the destruction that he had created. He had no place. So he went away...

Someone said that the end seems a bit out of place, but I felt that he shouldn't end being EEEEEEVIL, and I didn't have much more characters, but I can change it, if y'all think so.

Edited by EmmaD333

Oh my gosh. XD Thanks for the laugh, ADN6.

I only now noticed this *slowpoke mode*

But it indeed is funny as hell, made me cry xd.png

Sociopathy is not a dragon who wakes up easily. He likes to wake slowly, to take his time in getting to his paws and facing the day. Waking him quickly is, in fact, rather hazardous to one's mental health, unless it is absolutely one-hundred-percent an emergency that only a Desipis can handle.

"Go bother Psychopathy," he'll tell you then, nudging you in his sister's direction with your sanity intact.

This morning sluggishness is his excuse for a lot of things that happen to him. Such as not noticing a human child sleeping on his paw for a good hour after waking. The sole survivor of a bandit raid (the bandits in question also being dead, courtesy of a passing Brute), she had been brought to the flock and sought shelter with the biggest dragon in sight.

Sociopathy found the girl's oblivious boldness amusing, and decided to keep her as a friend-slash-pet. Even now, after her death, he visits her grandchildren with gifts on a regular basis.

It's a pity those gifts are often dead bandits.

Any and Roxanne demand to meet this Prince Charming.

I got bored one day, so here's what will be the description of my female frozen hellfire wyvern named "I WANT A TACO"

This strange little hatchling is obsessed with tacos and will do anything to get its greedy little talons on one at any given time. It perpetually and repeatedly whines "I WANT A TACO! I WANT A TACO!" and has been named for this for doing so for many years. It all started when it found its way into a food market, where it proceeded to devour every taco in sight. The hatching will not accept anything else to eat, no matter how delectable.

There is also a female howler drake I have named Fremitus which will have this description:

Fremitus, has, unfortunately, become the focus of a male Swallowtail Dragon named Cael, who is head over heels for her. He will often show off his aerial acrobatic skills in an attempt to impress her, but he doesn't understand that Swallowtails and Drakes just don't mix. Fremitus is almost constantly irritated by this dragon, and, if it wasn't for Cael's fast flying skills-- well, let's just say it wouldn't be very good.

A neotropical named Coconut:

Coconut is a mischievous prankster who loves to mess with other dragons. One of his best pranks involves hiding behind a tree, and out of nowhere, hurling a fruit or two at any dragon that happens to fly or walk past. Unfortunately, most don't enjoy having a fruit to the face, so there have been numerous times when Coconut has been pursued by quite irritated dragons.

Edited by FlameWingzz

Every hatchling in Lizzy's cave knows the legendary adventures of the Lagmonster and Datamonster survivors, but every era has its heroes and this lady is definitely one of them. She was destined to a fellow breeder as a gift, but her departure was delayed because the giftee had no room in the cave - and that delay saved many lives.

One day Lizzy, coming back from the market, spotted a familiar-looking hatchling in a place it wasn't supposed to reach on its own. She immediately had a bad feeling about that and ran back to the cave, greeted by a bunch of eggs and baby dragons scattered everywhere: some prankster had distracted the guardians, entered the cave and messed up the nest, leaving the eggs to get sick from the cold or be crushed by distracted adults. Luckily no dragons were harmed; the Lunar hatchie came back home and Lizzy decided to keep it and find a cool name for the new hero (while cursing profusely the prankster's lineage and progeny up to gen 12).

Realistic version: I found Athena's Shield on a fansite I don't use, discovering a viewbombing attempt before it was too late. cool.gif

Song of Earth is a part of a secret group of dragons trying to free all dragonkind from the tyranny of the GoN. He's convinced that the GoN is a force for evil, keeping other dragons repressed.

For years he's done his best to sabotage the summoning ritual to keep his clan free of the corrupting influence and so his biggest defeat was the arrival of Pineapple Cuffs.

I'm laughing so hard at this, herk. Thanks for the chuckle!

Between reviewing, now having pending user descriptions showing, and EG's modding spree, I'm thinking you guys might have some descriptions you could share and make someone's day. o3o

I just came back from a hiatus and saw descriptions approved that had been waiting for years.

I had a bit of a story going through some of my descriptions but lost interest since it seemed like no one would ever see them.

It starts with A vine dragon named Beta Trap

Beta Trap is a clever yet vicious dragon, named after his delight in setting convoluted traps with his vines to ensnare prey. His first and most obvious trap is just a means to get his unfortunate victim to come near, bringing them into position for the even more deadly secondary trap. Beta Trap has been known to tease his prey by letting them 'escape']only to have a well-placed pit, dug and covered in vines, ready to catch them on the path out.

Then goes to Zenntrixia the black dragon

Zenntrixia fled the dragon hunters, stopping only when the chill of the night and severity of her injuries forced her to land in a clearing. At dawn, she awoke to the smell of hunters surrounding her and the ache of wings too tired to fly. Still, she refused to surrender and fought until her spells failed and her strength fled.

Just as the sword dropped to claim her life, the vines that covered the clearing shifted and she fell into a pit.

Zenntrixia only vaguely remembers the next few weeks as wound fever set in and the Vine Dragon, Beta Trap, tended her, coaxing her to eat and defending her against the hunters and the perils of the forest. Thinking it was all a convoluted trap, she fled as soon as she was able.

The smell of smoke brought her back, the hunters having set fire to the clearing the Vine had made and trapping him in his own lair. The flames charring his vines as she battled the hunters back with a ferocity she had never had before.

Then to Gel'iola the White

Gel'ioa fled the hunters that had invaded her home caves, not out of fear, but for the other dragons who fled. Nets and traps did horrible things to a dragon, not to mention what the hunters themselves did once they reached the fouled Dragon.

The smell of smoke reached her before a Black dragon swooped in next to her, cuts covering her form but she insisted Gel'ioa not tend to them and to follow.

They ended up in a clearing, the ground so hot it blistered her feet and she had to fly to the dark lump that sat in a crater at the center of the clearing.

She went to work immediately to soothe the burned Vine's pain and to heal his hide, but there was nothing she could do for his vines. 

The Black dragon, Zenntrixia, stayed close and brought food stuffs for the three of them until the Vine was healed enough to be moved to a safer location. The Vine protested, this was his clearing, but even she, a healer and pacifist, knew what would happen if whoever set the clearing on fire, came back.

And finally to Rickole the zippy

Rickole had hidden under a log when the hunters came and had to listen as the nests were raided. He had heard his parents attempting to fight, the sharp crack of their tails and the cries of the hunters, then of his parents as the hunters overpowered them.

"The magic's in the bones," the hunters had said. The thought of his bones being anywhere but inside of him, terrified him, and he took off running. Outmaneuvering the hunters at the mouth of the nesting valley and shooting off through the dark woods.

He ran and flew like a brown streak until he slammed head first into a Black dragon. Covered in cuts and scars she looked every bit a fierce warrior as he'd heard Black dragons to be. He told her what was happening, begged her to come help but she just shook her head sadly before showing him a badly burned Vine and the White dragon attending him.

She said they were leaving, that he could come with them, he agreed, but spent the night pressed against the White trying to hide his tears.

I also have a passion for commas, as you can see.

If you'd like to share your Approved Descriptions, there's a thread here for you to make a post in:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=117376

If you'd like to participate in Dragon Description Writing Month, you'll find info on it here:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...=158360&st=1180

You can also get feedback on your descriptions and assistance with writing there.

The Description Comments thread had slowed down a bit now that nearly all the descriptions have been approved, but if you have some you'd like to share (that is, comments on your pending descriptions), you can do so here:

https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=83183

Here are some great descriptions I've come across (somewhat) recently. There have been lots more, of course, but I keep forgetting to bookmark the ones I really like.

https://dragcave.net/view/OlHES - Neat idea. I wish I'd thought of this while I was fleshing out my various draconic theatrical groups.

https://dragcave.net/view/hyumB - I liked this one so much that I emailed Kakaru_of_Doom to see if they'd mind me writing about the Ghosts of Valentine's Day Past/Present/Future. They didn't, so I did.

https://dragcave.net/view/zhugm and https://dragcave.net/view/McrpL - Two really neat descriptions from Dena Walker.