Dr. Paine

Great descriptions.

Well, we don't really have anywhere that is strictly sharing our descriptions without risking going off topic, and I think they deserve more recognition!

So, have you ever come across someone who's had a lot of descriptions? Or even just one that is fun to read? Share here ^^

If you want to give a link, please do it through the lineage. Thank you ^^

-goes off hunting-

Due to some confusion, allow me to clarify just what this thread is for. This is only for descriptions you find to be exceptionally funny or well-written. This is NOT for you to show off or own descriptions. This is NOT for you to share profoundly stupid/poorly written/confusing descriptions. This is NOT for you to share comments made on descriptions. This is NOT for you to find a proofreader/get feedback/idea.

Have I made things clear?

Edited by Dr. Paine

Personally I don't really describe my dragons. I just don't really see that they need them. And once I do one, I know I'm gonna have to do the rest.

However, my sister has a few with interesting ones. Such as "That's the way" "Uh-huh Uh-huh" "I like it" and "Do do Do do do do Do do Do" all have a description of

"This dragon is one of a famous quartet. When it is in the presence of it's three friends, they are known to be quite musical.

If you stick around long enough, you may even hear their song..."

I think it's great!

Personally I don't really describe my dragons. I just don't really see that they need them. And once I do one, I know I'm gonna have to do the rest.

However, my sister has a few with interesting ones. Such as "That's the way" "Uh-huh Uh-huh" "I like it" and "Do do Do do do do Do do Do" all have a description of

"This dragon is one of a famous quartet. When it is in the presence of it's three friends, they are known to be quite musical.

If you stick around long enough, you may even hear their song..."

I think it's great!

Nice xd.png

I found one of my favorites-

Having been born a rather insecure dragon, 'I'm totally serious' is desperate to be taken seriously. She'll do anything to ensure that other dragons know that she's being perfectly sincere.

Her favorite tactic is to say, "I'm totally serious" at the end of every sentence and at random times throughout the day.

I currently have a goal of having all of my event dragons,vampires, and unbreedables described. I still need to describe 4 of my growing vamp army though.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how does one look at people's unpublished descriptions and either reject or accept them?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how does one look at people's unpublished descriptions and either reject or accept them?

If you have ten adults, there will be a link saying 'review user descriptions' at the top of your scroll.

Go to your account, and left of change sort order there is a review user descriptions button.

I rather like pokemonfan13's Missingno's discription. I spent a lot of time trying to see if it ever came out of the fog.

My split, Apple and Banana, have this as a description.

Apple and Banana have such a strong interest in fruit, That they begged their master to name them after their favorite fruits instead of giving them foreign names. Of course, their master complied. Apple and Banana's love of fruit lives on to this day.

Now, you may be wondering why Apple and Banana are forever youthful. That is because They feared growing so much bigger than fruit that they wouldn't be able to look at it properly. They became forever youthful before they grew wings because they each feared changing color. They both also have a fear of heights.

I have four pebble dragons (Emersondrache, Thoreaudrache, Fullerdrache, and Peabodydrache) whose descriptions are based loosely on the American transcendentalists. I am particularly fond of Emersondrache's:

"Among the Transcendragons, Emersondrache is the boss, and he does not mess around with his connection to the Over-soul. If even one more sage has the gall to ask Emersondrache why, he will eat that sage. Probably with a side of fresh rhodora in the woods."

I like some of my other descriptions too, but very few of my dragons have them.

Yeeeaaaah, that is a problem with my dragon naming/describing style - tends to be based on obscure stuff. tongue.gif

I'm rather fond of my vamp's description. (Sparkleface Cullen)

Sparkleface Cullen is agonized with his being a vampire. Named for his scales that dazzle like gemstones in the sunlight (and his gorgeous topaz eyes and flowing copper wings), he hates being a monster, and has tried to practice a vegetarian diet with the clan's Mints. However, he recently discovered that plants don't actually have blood, to his sheer dismay. No wonder it wasn't working.

No matter how obviously he appears to be a vampire, none of the females in the clan seem capable of noticing it, and they don't care when he follows them around and raptly watches them sleep. His muscular and gorgeous frame conceals a terrifying secret; he is capable of converting his inner, tumultuous angst into pure power, and can use this raw strength to follow clumsy dragons and return everything they drop to them in a neat and orderly stack.

I describe all my vamps, but only a few of them are vaguely funny to read.

xd.png I lol'd at Emersondrache.

As for descriptions for my dragons, I don't have any. ^^; A lot of them don't even have names.

EDIT: xd.png Diana, hilarious vamp description is hilarious.

Edited by Eruru

Hey, someone actually likes my description.

(Of I'm totally serious.)

On the topic of favorite descriptions;

Most of the descriptions in the proofreading feature of the site are pretty much the same, but I did find one of Dianacat's that I liked while browsing her scroll.

Omg. Yeah. This dragon means serious business. Totally serious. 'Why so serious' serious, he's that serious. He's not just a pond. He's the POND. When he was just a little vine egg, he had POND written all over him. And he's not one wombat. Oh, yeah, there are multiple. Plural. Loads. Over nine thousand. He's big and bad and wants nothing more than to wrap his lashing vines around your neck. Count on that. Anyone should think twice before messing with these abs. Trust me, this isn't just your 42, your dot-ninja, your 'but the cake is a lie'. This isn't even Sparta. This is WOMBATS IN A POND.

It made me fall onto my desk in a fit of laughter.

I'm rather fond of my vamp's description. (Sparkleface Cullen)

I describe all my vamps, but only a few of them are vaguely funny to read.

+100 Inernets for the amount of lulz that gave to me. xd.png

...I'm rather amused by the mention of my fondness for white hatchlings I made in the descriptions of most of mine, though I haven't added a new one to the collection in quite some time...

I rather like my own creative rendition of my yulebuck frozen hatchling's description:

Bobboh has a beak that is quite rose colored, and is quite lustrous indeed. If one were to come across this yulebuck, one could say in passing that it radiates light incandescently. When introduced to the other dragons in the Clan, however, Bobboh was met with jest at his expense. They did not permit the little buck from partaking in their recreational activities. On Christmas Eve, it was dark, cold, and a thick mist enshrouded the area. Clan Leader Blackfeathr approached the young male and  requested his help on an endeavor of hers. "Bobboh with your brightly radiant proboscis, won't you assist me in finding this years Holiday Eggs!"

At that moment and thereafter, the other dragons in the Clan seemed to warm up to him, exclaiming in happiness, "Bobboh the red-beaked Yulebuck, you'll be quite famous someday!"

I rather like my own creative rendition of my yulebuck frozen hatchling's description:

That is full of win. xd.png So full of win. xd.png

I found one of my favorites-

Having been born a rather insecure dragon, 'I'm totally serious' is desperate to be taken seriously. She'll do anything to ensure that other dragons know that she's being perfectly sincere.  Her favorite tactic is to say, "I'm totally serious" at the end of every sentence and at random times throughout the day.

I have read that one before, it's awesome xd.png I don't know whose scroll it is, but doesn't she have a mate who's called Why So Serious?

This is from my first Sunrise dragon.

Nobody is really sure why the Brackenridge Aerie's founder named this sunrise dragon Dawn.  Some speculate that she couldn't think of a more masculine term for "sunrise," and decided "dawn" was gender-neutral enough to suit anyway.  Others whisper that she had been hopped up on six cups of coffee and, in her caffeine haze, forgot that Dawn had turned up male.

Either way, from birth, Dawn was a gender-confused dragon. When other boys were chasing bugs and throwing rocks, he was wearing dresses and throwing teaparties. He wasn't even aware that the other girls were in fact not boys just like him, and discovering the truth came from a very traumatic experience at the local pool.

This was co-written with a friend of mine. xd.png

This one is for a stone named ... well, read on:

Nobody really knows why the Brackenridge Aerie's founder even bothered to give this stone dragon the surname 'Brackenridge,' considering how awful the rest of the poor sap's name is.  It's been speculated that there was a period of time when there were nearly three males to one female in Brackenridge Aerie, and that the founder spent a lot of that time yelling and waving her arms around a lot, but the dragons just point at the founder and make twirly "she's crazy" motions when asked, and won't elaborate any further.

STOP GENDERING MALE, ARE YOU KIDDING ME and I SAID STOP are all the unfortunate products of that time, though they seem to take it in stride and nobody in the cave actually refers to them by the name the founder gave them.  STOP GENDERING MALE is called Stalagmite by the others.

Aaand here's another one, named I SAID STOP Brakrniosnsgfh:

It's been speculated that there was a period of time when there were nearly three males to one female in Brackenridge Aerie, and that the founder spent a lot of that time yelling and waving her arms around a lot, but the dragons just point at the founder and make twirly "she's crazy" motions when asked, and won't elaborate any further.  The founder was so incoherent with rage that "Brackenridge" didn't register properly with the magic spell that inscribes the names of the dragons on the roster-scroll.

Personally, I love a lot of Diana's descriptions, expecially her vamps (and the one that Pink mentioned, of course). Harold the Unremarkable Reindeer's song is pretty cool too:

Harold the Unremarkable Reindeer

Has some very average prose

He was quite ordinary

His lack of special traits did show

All of the other dragons

Used to ignore him each day

They never let poor Harold

Join in any dragon games

Then one foggy New Year's Eve

TJ came to say

Harold, with your boring plight

Won't you join the Wilderness tonight

But Harold did reject this

So on the scroll he chose to stay

And he's still unremarkable

Even to this very day!

I tend to connect some of my dragons through their descriptions and how they have er... BSA'ed eachother or the like. Here's a split I influenced with my female pink;

Nrub and Burn, a two headed dragon influenced by Sunkrios as an egg, are quite talkative. A little too talkative if you ask some of their nest-mates.

All day it seems like all they do is gossip and bicker with one another. Oh, and the day they choose you as a chatting partner is one you'll regret. They'll poke and pry and drag up every topic known to dragon and man-kind. Although this was something Sunkrios was wishing for, she didn't exactly want her ear-frills to fall off so... often avoids the 'twins' for her hearing's sake.

And this is my Nocturnal, which isn't really funny but, I had fun writing it's description;

Noctram proves to be an odd dragon, having two personalities in the day and night. When the sun is out, she is very lethargic and slow, only able to crawl at most and even then, she cannot move long after. This is when she has a calm temper and shies away from most living things.

When nightfall arrives, she becomes quite active and boastful. She can go on for hours on end so long as it's dark and leave all other drakes in the dust. She is also very feisty at this time and likes to be the center of attention.

Ha, I found it. Sorry for the confusion, her mate's name is ROTFL

ROTFL is a dragon that is constantly amused - he laughs at absolutely everything.  He laughs at his stick, he laughs at other dragons, and he even laughs at his mate.  Laughing at his mate however, often gets him in quite a bit of trouble.  You see, she's rather obsessed with being taken seriously...

I have read that one before, it's awesome xd.png I don't know whose scroll it is, but doesn't she have a mate who's called Why So Serious?

They're from mine.

They're the founding pair of a personal linage of mine.

I wanted to name him that, but it was taken. (Bleh)

I'm glad you like their descriptions, however.

(...And now I'm reminded that I have to write one for their son tonight. Joy.)

Edited by Pink