mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*feeds mishii assorted goodies to keep her energy up* happy.gif

Feyveneth's boy has been named Daeganth, and should be growing up shortly. Finally my Monaco wing can grow! biggrin.gif

Hi DragonBreeders of Pern-

Some of my new dragons from Gyps have found mates to their liking among the Monaco Bay wings, and two successful mating flights have resulted in a pair of eggs warming on the hatching sands: deepsea baby and dark bronze baby are available to be impressed, if someone would like one. PM me, and I'll make arrangements with you next time I log on. If no one wants one of these Monaco/5E hybrids by Sunday, I'll take mishii's recommendation and keep one, but send the other out to be adopted. It would be nice if our lineage had more visibility.

Happy Friday!

eldrec

Bumpity bump. happy.gif

Things have been quite at Fort, Monaco and Xandu on my end. I'm considering changing the names of some of the dragons to "- of Fort" or whatever Weyr, so I can tell them apart. Unattached wings will remain "- of Pern", until they get sorted.

And I'm still trying to breed golds for True Goldless Weyrs, but no success so far. sad.gif

I... don't think I've posted here before, but I just wanted to say that this is an awesome idea, and I'd love to get involved, or at least try. I'll give it a bit of consideration during this last week before winter break... Then I'll probably be back with an answer and maybe a couple of dragons to use for the lineage. xd.png

Anyway, I hope things haven't died, because this lineage idea is brilliant.

Can I have that yummy man in your icon? biggrin.gif

Also, welcome! Thank you!

Things are just quiet. I've been super busy with my last exams before graduation - I graduate in a week. happy.gif

Others have been breeding on request, although perhaps we can get some exposure with random free for alls and friends?

Hope to hear from you soon. happy.gif

Weyr: Telgar

Senior Queen(s): gold Roselewth

Is she/they Permamated?: No, Igoroth - sunsong or Misoeth of Telgar - ember

Junior Queens(s): sunsong Shadrith of Pern Erosafth of Telgar - sunsong

Is she/they Permamated?: Shadrith's Permamate - Whiptail of Doom to be renamed 'Skorath of Telgar' once we can

thunders, sunsongs, hellfire and whiptails for the others

Side note: waiting list needs emptying when possible

Renamed the whiptail guys

Huzzah, renaming! I finally renamed my Benden CBs from way back when to "___ of Benden Weyr" and can finally rename poor Crwth, who refused to be in his branch of the lineage.

I'm thinking of ffa'ing a lot more eggs in the future, particularly to give the lineage more recognition. Looking forward to when the limits change, so more dragons can be held for a few more days without causing scroll-lock problems!

Can I have that yummy man in your icon? biggrin.gif

Also, welcome! Thank you!

Things are just quiet. I've been super busy with my last exams before graduation - I graduate in a week. happy.gif

Others have been breeding on request, although perhaps we can get some exposure with random free for alls and friends?

Hope to hear from you soon. happy.gif

You may not. :I /strokes icon.

I'm sure I'll make a few requests to give myself a wide pool of dragons to breed, but before I do that I'll have to fully read through the info. Because I admit that I skimmed. |D

I have to agree though that random free-for-alls might be a good way to get exposure and the like. -nods-

And with renaming, I might convert a few of my older CB dragons to use for this lineage, if I haven't bred them yet.

Just saving from the end of the forums. I know people are busy these next couple of weeks. happy.gif

Haha Gyps. Thanks so much. <333

Once holidays are over, I'll be back full time and shortening down the first post and info. School is now DONE. I have VANQUISHED THE EVIL!

e.g: I graduated. biggrin.gif

*shuffles off to sleep, since it's now 3am. xd.png*

Combination bump and head's up, I'll probably start breeding again either tomorrow or Saturday. In the meantime though, I may be back with a couple of stories, depending on if I get some free time today. smile.gif

Combination bump and head's up, I'll probably start breeding again either tomorrow or Saturday. In the meantime though, I may be back with a couple of stories, depending on if I get some free time today. smile.gif

Cool!!!! I love your stories smile.gif

On another note... have decided to breed Harvests as Watch-whers... at the moment I have 5 (3 CB, 2 2Gs)... If anyone wants a PB Watch-wher for their Hold or Weyr, PM me... they are ready and willing to provided complete night security smile.gif Also I have 7 Fire Lizards (PB Pygmies... 5 CBs & 2 2Gs) of which there are 3 Golds and 4 Bronzes. If anyone needs them for their reliable communication abilities, PM me... they are great for sending messages back and forth between Holds, Weyrs, and Wings... have at least 1 for each of my wings smile.gif

Will come back when I have more time and update my whole Honshu Dragon/FLizard/Watch-wher registy later. Until then... Happy Hatching!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! biggrin.gif

I'll be back in a few days or so once I unlock and finish all my Christmas trades.

I can't wait for your stories Gyps! I love them!

Also, hooray for the renaming feature. biggrin.gif *plans to edit some dragons to also be Elemental, and fix some possible Pern dragons that were previously named non-Pern*

*runs off to dinner*

First, a Fort story.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There had been several flights since Helidoryth's spectacular First Flight, but none of them had caused as much stir. Even Zhulemith eventually had to admit, if just to herself, that her little Gold sister had proven she would eventually be a wonderful Weyrleader. Except..... she just couldn't understand the odd shift in her sister's personality, from normal to mating, from meek and curious to confident and flirty. And her nephew, Coalwrath, seemed to have inherited his mother's split personality. When in the air, flying and training, the young bronze was confident and composed. His aim seemed to have corrected itself after much training, and he was beginning to show the mark of a good Wingleader.

But Zhulemith had never seen a bronze dragon get into so much trouble on the ground! She couldn't count how many times he'd slipped on rocks or other things when walking, which naturally landed him on his belly or side, leaving his tail to sweep wide and knock over everything in its wake. It had gotten to the point where the Weyrleaders had assigned him to Patrol the remote areas of the territory, to avoid the Holders wrath at him destroying their fences and outer holdings. He and his rider had meekly offered to fix their "mistakes", but often those efforts resulted in even more problems than they fixed.

"How can one be so agile in the air, and such a klutz on his feet?" the blue had wondered aloud to her sister, Gloameth.

The green had merely shrugged and replied, "Well, at least we will not have to worry about Thread reaching the ground on his watch."

"No, but I imagine it will not need to. He will do enough damage when he lands."

Soon enough, Zhulemith found other things to occupy her mind than her nephew's clumsiness. Her mating drives had been building over the past few days, and finally came to a peak. Being one of the few "odd" Blues in the Weyr made her both a curiosity and a desirable prospect to many of the Males of all colors. And since she'd shown in the past to be a formidable flier, only the strongest knew to attempt it. Gloameth and Ictiryth watched as the rainbow of dragons took to the air in a spectacular dance. Ictiryth fidgeted nervously. Gloameth nuzzled her, but the Gold queen brushed the motion away.

"I will rise when I am ready," she said haughtily, and took to the air in the opposite direction of the flight. Gloameth watched, a slight draconic frown creasing her muzzle.

"She is long since ready," her mate's soft, matter-of-fact voice brushed her mind.

"I agree. She is trying to subdue her urges."

"I wonder why?"

Gloameth tilted her head thoughtfully. "I think...." He mentally nudged her when she paused. "I think.... she is scared."

Silence. Then, "It is not good for a Queen to be scared."

"No. It is not. I wonder...." She glanced down at the Weyr bowl, where the weyrlings were gathered around Helidoryth, asking many questions, which she and her rider eagarly answered. Then she looked back in the direction Ictiryth had taken. Mentally, she searched for her grandson, Jarruganoth. Out on patrol, the young green tilted his head to listen. Moments later he took to the air in the same direction Ictiryth had gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT: btw, I've updated my Weyr List, if anyone is looking for specific breedings.

Edited by Gyps13

Ictiryth flew toward the seashore, near where her egg had originally been discovered. Usually she did her best not to frighten the local wildlife. However today she flew low, enjoying the sight of the birds scattering around her. A group of fire lizards shrieked in alarm. She snarled at them even as they disappeared between.

"Scaredy beasts," she huffed. She realized she was irritable, and she had a good idea why. Usually a good dunking in the sea would restore her balance, so she aimed for a deep dive. However, just before she hit the water, a dark shape swept underneath her. With a surprised bugle, she twisted, clipping her wing in the water. She skidded onto the sand, but quickly regained her feet. Angrily she searched for her attacker.

"I was not attacking you." A dark bronze dragon hovered nearby, eye glowing intensely.

"And what would you call then?"

He tilted his head and said nothing. "Go away," she hissed. He ignored the order, instead performing a lazy loop in the skies above her.

"Why were you diving? Golds do not dive. You must be a very strange gold," he remarked.

"How dare you! I am not just any gold. I am Junior Queen of Fort Weyr, daughter of Senior Queen Talenth. And I order you to leave!"

He snorted, resuming his lazy flying. "I have seen you dive before. Very clumsy."

"Clumsy?!" Ictiryth bellowed in surprise, but he continued on.

"Not graceful at all, like a Gold should be. I will bet you do not even know how to fish."

Ictiryth hissed again and lunged in his direction. Instead of attacking, however, she twisted into a graceful dive. Moments later she emerged from the water, a huge fish clutched between her teeth.

"You were saying?"

He cruised above her, belly up, and craned his neck. "Meh. Tiny fish, at best." Abruptly he twisted, plunging into the surf. He emerged, holding a fish of his own, quite a bit larger than the one she'd caught. Rather than swallow it, he crushed the creature between his teeth, sucking out the blood, then tossed it back into the water casually. He then floated out over the surf, as if bored.

Ictiryth narrowed her eyes, and spat out her fish, licking her lips. Her stomach rumbled in protest. The fish had tasted good, warming her insides. But she refused to be second best, and launched herself back into the water. A fountain of spray erupted around her exit, and she bugled in triumph at her catch. Her jaws clenched. It tasted so much better than the herdbeasts back home. She didn't really want the meat, though.....

"Better, I suppose. But still small fry."

Ictiryth grumbled in annoyance at the taunt, annoyance which grew in proportion to the fish he emerged with, still larger than hers. He depleted his prize, and spat out the shell once more. Then he turned to dive again.

"I will not be outdone!" The Fort gold zipped past, almost sideswiping him, and dove for the surf. A sly smile crossed the bronze's mouth as he followed. The pair flew far out over the water, in a huge arc, catching fish, draining them, then diving for more. So engrossed with proving herself, Ictiryth didn't realize she was being manipulated.

As they arced back toward the shore, Ictiryth sneered at her companion's latest, and largest, catch. "Fah! Fishing is a waste of time for a dragon anyway."

"I disagree," he replied. "Fishing can be quite productive. If you have the right bait, catching the largest fish is quite easy."

She turned her golden eye on him, realization finally dawning on her. A slight spark of the fear she'd recently felt zipped through her, and she briefly considered fleeing. However, in typical queenly fashion, she replied, "I am no fish."

He rumbled, but didn't answer.

"Nor am I an easy catch." And with that she took to the air, her fear evaporating in the wake of something else. Her companion followed closely, and the chase began.

Back in Fort Weyr, Jarruganoth reported on the strange fishing expedition to Gloameth. Unlike her golden sister, Gloameth realized quickly what was happening. She called her grandson back to the Weyr once the pair had headed out over the water. Although confused, he obeyed.

"Is something wrong?" her green mate asked as she snuggled into his side.

"No, not at all." He shook his head, deciding to leave well enough alone. Understanding didn't dawn on him until sometime later, when a bronze egg lay on the sands, protected by a rather secretive Ictiryth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And with that, there's an Ember egg available for adoption, if anyone would like it. happy.gif

How do i request an egg from a Weyr? I want to join this lineage, but i have no Pernese dragons to begin with.

Its not offically part of any weyr but I bred this http://dragcave.net/lineage/Ui4l last night.

*makes grabby hands and puppy eyes*

xd.png

That is awesome! Congrats!

If you ever get another one, could I request one? Maybe? O_O So pretty....

Gyps, awesome story! I can't wait to find out whats going onnnnn~ (Do you write fiction in your spare time or anything?)

In other news, I bred my queens, but only got one 2nd gen sunsong, from sunsongxhellfire. If anyone would like it, the Weyr would be glad to donate it!

Man, I wish had a CB gold (2, actually. One for here, one for my Force of the Elements project in 5E) The only gold I have is my Faranth which was a gift to get things started here. :3

In other news, I bred my queens, but only got one 2nd gen sunsong, from sunsongxhellfire. If anyone would like it, the Weyr would be glad to donate it!

Oooo must have!!!! can i have it mishii? i want to join!

Oooo must have!!!! can i have it mishii? i want to join!

Of course! I have to run out for a bit, I have a few appointments, but I'll be back later this evening. I'm in Eastern Standard (or cavetime lol). If you'd like, you can PM me a time you'll be available and I'll try to meet you on IRC then. biggrin.gif

mishii, writing is a hobby for me that goes in spurts. Sometimes poetry, sometimes short stories, sometimes novels (none of which I've actually finished yet, lol). I love to read, so usually it's when I'm reading that I start writing. I'm glad you enjoy it. happy.gif

Dreamer23, that's beautiful! Congrats! biggrin.gif