mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, everyone! What do you think of the new dragons? The Swallowtails seem like good blues, and I kind of like the Pillows for browns (since we can always use more browns).

Works for me, but Mishii has the last word on the rules...

I agree with the pillows working for browns. biggrin.gif

I'm not sure about the swallowtails. The males just look too colorful to really be blue - the females work, but that only works for people who are breeding slightly non-canon.

What are your thoughts for the swallowtails?

also, im going to MegaCon so I may not have internet over the weekend. If I do in the hotel room, well then...I'll stop in and say hi. tongue.gif

1. Yay for the pillows! biggrin.gif

2. For my part, I find the swallowtails' blue very striking, and it's the first color I see when I look at either gender of them. However, we've got plenty of types of blues, so it's up to you, Mishii. ^^ Have a good time at MegaCon!

3. While waiting on the final word, I'm starting up my pygmy fire lizard project again. I've a third-gen egg here if anybody's interested.

..Argh, I didn't see this until now; it usually alerts me... will you be online tonight or tomorrow? PM me when you are, and I'll PM you back if I'm online and we can meet on the IRC.

You can breed it to a dragon of any breed, right?

When you breed it, does it have to be caveborn dragon, and can you only breed it to one dragon?

Id love to get one later this week maybe if theres one available. gold preferably.

Fire lizard egg safely transferred to SpiritOfSakura last night!

Peace*out, there's rules on the front page; the lineage tries to stick to canonical dragon colors (not pink, for example). You can also look at the list of Weyrs and request an egg from a specific lineage. There's no guarantee of what color it would be, since metallics, even bred, are notoriously rare.

The dragon from the egg you receive should be named in Pernese fashion with a 'th' at the end of the name, like this: "___th of Pern". When it grows up, its CB mate(s) should be named "___th of (the Weyr the lineaged dragon comes from)".

I hope that clears things up a little!

Fire lizard egg safely transferred to SpiritOfSakura last night!

Peace*out, there's rules on the front page; the lineage tries to stick to canonical dragon colors (not pink, for example). You can also look at the list of Weyrs and request an egg from a specific lineage. There's no guarantee of what color it would be, since metallics, even bred, are notoriously rare.

The dragon from the egg you receive should be named in Pernese fashion with a 'th' at the end of the name, like this: "___th of Pern". When it grows up, its CB mate(s) should be named "___th of (the Weyr the lineaged dragon comes from)".

I hope that clears things up a little!

ok, thanks! smile.gif

xd.png

To organize my scroll a bit, I froze a hatchling and named it "Dragonriders of Pern lineage".

Today, because of the "Carr0t Cave" thing, it's name is "Carr0triders of Pern lineage."

xd.png

Edited by SpiritOfSakura

Somehow a wild blue male managed to catch Roselewth in her flight. And it was resulted in a blue egg for Telgar. We are willing to adopt this little one out into one of the wings, from either Telgar or another weyr.

PM me for it

I have a few new additions to my Weyr, but DC is down so I can't link them D:

Been having some trouble with school and registering for my next 2 semesters for my B.A in Art...was also a bit sick.

I also bred my queens a day or two ago, but no luck. :/ I'm still trying for those gold for those who have asked.

I'm still searching for golds, though they are getting harder to get... Roeselewth is looking to be replaced, as soon as Telgar Weyr gets a new gold queen!

I've been trying to breed golds and have had no success - the breeding ratios seem to be messed up again. I'll keep trying though.

For now, I guess it's back to sunsong queens...

I just got back from a cruise, so I'll be doing some updating and spring cleaning of the thread sometime this week.

Finals are on Thursday, so I'll be focusing on that for the next two days.

Hope everyone is well! biggrin.gif

I'm trying to get my gold x white CB pair to produce myself a second gen queen than my third gen one. The ratios hate me though and I'd just die of happy if I caught a CB gold for this. Due to the rarity of golds, a gold x white 2nd gen is still okay to use right? *swears at dragons*

I'm trying to get my gold x white CB pair to produce myself a second gen queen than my third gen one. The ratios hate me though and I'd just die of happy if I caught a CB gold for this. Due to the rarity of golds, a gold x white 2nd gen is still okay to use right? *swears at dragons*

Yes, considering metal breeding is almost at a halt, that would be fine. In my mind, I consider any queen or dragon bred from outside the lineage to be the offspring of "wild" dragons on Pern (or perhaps even dragons that timed-it to the present!). You could also use female Sunsongs, since they are close in color, and quite beautiful tongue.gif I play gender-lotto with all my Pern sunsongs - if it's female, it's a queen, if it's male, it's a bronze.

Finals are almost over, so an overhaul of the thread will be coming soonish.

Just an update: Tried all my queens, got 0 eggs. D: What happened to the breeding? Come back, eggs!

Thread update coming soon. just finished my final, so now I'm done for a little bit until summer classes start. :/

I have had no luck breeding golds the past few weeks but I did get this beautiful gift today http://dragcave.net/lineage/uc5l. Might use it for this lineage.

Wow, that's gorgeous! Congrats! I believe that could be used as a Queen-breed as well. Color certainly matches. biggrin.gif

If you ever open a breeding list, I would love to be on it. I can't think of what I could possibly offer in return, though (metals are stingy). *flails about*

I auto'd a few blues/greens today in an attempt to spread some Pern love in the AP, hopefully they find good homes.

I'm currently re-reading The Skies of Pern. God, I love these books. :3

also, sorry to hear that other Weyrs have had no breeding success. Hopefully it will pick up again soon.