mishii

The Dragonriders of Pern Lineage!

Non-Canon Weyrs?  

216 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do plan to open a breeding list for it when it grows up but I think I will keep the list short since I am not sure how successful the tinsels are at producing tinsel eggs. I also influenced it to be female to go along with its current lineage so I may use it as a queen to breed to my honshu wing.

Edited by dreamer23

Halloooo! -back from a hiatus of sorts- Dreamer, wow, what an amazing gift; best of luck with it! And everyone who's trying for metallics, yeah, the ratios do seem to be off. I hope they change back for you!

I bred and ffa'd a brown Monaco Bay egg today, just for fun. ^^ Anybody have a blue (water, bluna, or nocturne), brown (pillow), or green (bright-breasted wyvern) egg from the lineage that needs a home?

(Oh, and mishii, what's the final word on the swallowtails -- too colorful for blues, or allowable?)

Honshu Weyr finally has good news...

Jr. Queen, Trith, has finally decided that the many previous flights resulting in no egg clutches were due to her choice in a permanent mate at a young age... It is true, that Bronze, Amphith (a Sunsong), did help her clutch a bold Bronze (a Sunsong) and a beautiful Gold (a Sunsong) soon after she matured but since then there has been no eggs sad.gif With this in mind she has slowly become a very sad queen... Tonight she decided to try one last flight and managed to avoid mating with Amphith (to her delight) and found a new love in Bronze, Lioth (a Hellfire), and has a new Gold Egg warming in the sands to show for it!! Her Mother, Sr. Queen Kultath, was jubilant and lead the rest of the dragons in "bugling" the egg's welcome to the weyr. The rest of Honshu is celebrating too, in hopes that this is the start of a new era of egg clutching for the weyr. Will keep you all informed as to the status of this new dragonet smile.gif

Jr. Queen, Trith, has finally decided that the many previous flights resulting in no egg clutches were due to her choice in a permanent mate at a young age... It is true, that Bronze, Amphith (a Sunsong), did help her clutch a bold Bronze (a Sunsong) and a beautiful Gold (a Sunsong) soon after she matured but since then there has been no eggs sad.gif With this in mind she has slowly become a very sad queen... Tonight she decided to try one last flight and managed to avoid mating with Amphith (to her delight) and found a new love in Bronze, Lioth (a Hellfire), and has a new Gold Egg warming in the sands to show for it!! Her Mother, Sr. Queen Kultath, was jubilant and lead the rest of the dragons in "bugling" the egg's welcome to the weyr. The rest of Honshu is celebrating too, in hopes that this is the start of a new era of egg clutching for the weyr. Will keep you all informed as to the status of this new dragonet smile.gif

Congratulations! That's fantastic! Benden sends it's best regards to the little queen egg, and the parents! biggrin.gif

So Mishii, can I have a Weyr? I know all the canon ones are taken, but can I have a non-canon Weyr?

So Mishii, can I have a Weyr? I know all the canon ones are taken, but can I have a non-canon Weyr?

actually, I haven't heard from skyl1n3 at all, so I'm going to say that Igen is now forfeit. They never responded to my original PM about if they were still active or not.

Would you be okay with that?

I just got thru with finals and getting unpacked from the cruise I was on, so I haven't been able to get to the reorganization of the thread yet - but from what I can tell they are and were never active here. :/

Igen would be awesome, thanks so much. In my humble and slightly crazy opinion, whites would be canon because of Ruth, but if they really don't qualify because he was supposed to be a sport, that's fine too.

Igen would be awesome, thanks so much. In my humble and slightly crazy opinion, whites would be canon because of Ruth, but if they really don't qualify because he was supposed to be a sport, that's fine too.

You're welcome!

As for whites: in the canon, it never actually said Ruth was sterile, just that he wasn't interested in mating flights....

Has anyone ever seen it said anywhere that Ruth was actually sterile?

I don't know how his color would pass genetically if he ever was able to have kids, since he was an anomaly in the first place.

Would others here like to include whites as "canon" ?

Again we've not had much luck. Milzith and her daughters and granddaughters have refused any males.

But one of our blue males, Skypiath, mated with a green female and produced a new blue egg for our weyr.

UPDATE:

Gold egg has hatched and gendered into a beautiful female... May I introduce Honshu's newest Jr. Queen and future egg producer (we hope):

Mirath of Pern!!

All of Honshu is celebrating and hopes that we will be able to find her a suitable mate that helps in the production of many more Bronzes and Gold to pass to other weyrs smile.gif

UPDATE:

Gold egg has hatched and gendered into a beautiful female... May I introduce Honshu's newest Jr. Queen and future egg producer (we hope):

Mirath of Pern!!

All of Honshu is celebrating and hopes that we will be able to find her a suitable mate that helps in the production of many more Bronzes and Gold to pass to other weyrs smile.gif

Wahoo! Goregouuuus! Congratulations!*would totally love a little queen from them omg T_T so pretty. I'm a sucker for even-gens!*

My queens come off Cooldown in another 3 days, perhaps they'll feel like giving me eggs of any sort? dry.gif

Also, as for the Swallowtails, they appear blue to me, so they can be included.

I'll mock-up a list of dragons and their colors later - school decided to call and tell me that 2 of my classes actually WONT be counted from my previous school, so I might have to take 2 semesters of language AND Biology/Chem/Physics or some other science. Im fighting them on it though, as that would push me over to a third semester to finish this stupid B.A. in Art. D:

Mishii gave me permission so I am going to do this now.

The name of the Weyr you're requesting to start: Igen

Names (and/or links) to the dragon pairs for your Weyr. Unnamed dragons will be named if they cooperate and don't hate my golds. Browns, blues, and greens will be added if necessary, but for now only golds and bronzes are posted.

Golds: Anorvereth and DrQP

Bronzes: CquH and 7M2M

Edited by Dragonmage

--Ldyfsh, congrats on your queen! smile.gif

--mishii, thanks; I'll start incorporating both swallowtails and pillows into my weyrs in the future. Good luck with all the school stuff!

--Dragonmage, congrats on starting off with Igen! I may ask you for an egg in a week or two.

Also, new egg excitement, yay! Not sure yet if they'll breed with normal-sized dragons, but if not I'm hoping for some additions to my fire lizard project. cool.gif

School is making me jump through hoops. D:<

As for the new eggs, I can't wait to see the adults and what they breed with!

If they breed with pygmies/pumpkins, we might be able to do a full-fledged/full-color fire lizard project now biggrin.gif

No luck with any of my queens this week. All no interests. D:

Aaand TJ's teeny dragons have grown up and it looks like they do breed with pygmies! (not mentioning names in case some people want to look for themselves)

It looks like we've got greens and blues for a potential fire lizard project, at least. Not sure what to do with the red ones (unless they should be bronze) and darker ones.

Better luck with your queens (and school) next week, mishii!

My thoughts on the pygmy dragons:

The red ones could be considered bronze (they are similar in color to Hellfires), regular pygmies could be considered gold, the water pygmy could be blue and the "swirly" one green. The dark one doesn't quite fit a color. It's black with purple and blue highlights on it. The only color missing would be brown.

How's that sound?

I would like to request an egg!

Weyr: Igen

Pair: 7M2M and Anorvereth of Igen

Intend to freeze: NO

We need a new queen so I'm looking around